WWE Backlash: WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz (c) VS Dolph Ziggler

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced on last night's edition of Talking Smack that Miz will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler.

Now this isn't a match I'd normally be all that interested to see, but Miz has been more interesting and relevant in the past 4 months than in the last 4 years. The same can really be said about Ziggler since this new, intense, more serious side of him is a welcome change. I also like that Miz's character is taking on a more serious aspect and I hope it's something that sticks around for a while because it adds some depth to him. He's done well as the "Hollywood Celebrity" and he's been doing it for a few years, but I like the idea of Miz being more serious, someone who has something to prove.

I see little chance of Miz dropping the title to Ziggler, Ziggler being in this match itself seems a big odd really but, then again, you have to consider that SmackDown Live doesn't have as many better established guys on Raw, so it's probably for the best at this time.

I think there's a big chance that Miz drops the belt to Ziggler, maybe not at Backlash, but eventualy down the line. Because let's face it, after Miz is done with Ziggler, who's left for him to face on Smackdown? If Nakamura doesn't come to Smackdown in the next 3 months to feud with Miz, then SD literally has zero credible midcard babyfaces to feud with The Miz.

I really hope that Miz retains against Ziggler and does not drop the belt to him, so that we can enjoy a Miz vs Nakamura feud, in order for The Miz to use his heat to create a new strong babyface.. but given the status of the SD roster, I see Ziggles as the next IC champ and feuds with Rowan, Corbin, Crews and then maybe even Benjamin.

I know that this match will be good because i've seen this a millions times last year when they we're fighting over the ic title last year. It kinda seems like these 2 have been stuck in the middle for a while now and that everytime the creative team don'T know what to do with them they just go and say, let just put ziggler and miz in feud, they will give the fans good matches and that enough.

The only thing i'm hoping happens at Backlash is that just before that match, that aired the KFC commercial these 2 shot because it would be so funny seeing Ziggler disguise as col.sanders vs miz in a chicken shot just before we get a very serious match between the 2.

Seems like a match from a bygone era. I like The Miz as a character but there are just more interesting options as both a challenger and champion. Although this is Smackdown, so maybe I'm wrong.

We have seen this match for the IC title a million times. They traded the belt in 2014 a few times. Whats the point? I thought the feud was between Bryan/miz? But they just stick ziggler in there? How do you expect this guy to succeed when everyone wanted to see continuation of miz/bryan? I think miz wins whats another ic reign going to do for ziggler? And with the miz saying how many days hes been champion do you really think he will drop the belt? Im a fan of both guys but dumb match, The only way this can get interesting is if bryan continues to book miz in title matches every week that would make the title alot more relevant and make miz look good until he drops it.

If they are going to take the I-C Strap off of Miz I would run with Bray Wyatt for awhile. If I were WWE I would even think about putting Ziggler & Miz in a tag team. Neither is really able to be a credible World Champ with the fans but combined could be a nice heel team especially for Smackdown.

We have seen this match for the IC title a million times. They traded the belt in 2014 a few times. Whats the point? I thought the feud was between Bryan/miz? But they just stick ziggler in there? How do you expect this guy to succeed when everyone wanted to see continuation of miz/bryan? I think miz wins whats another ic reign going to do for ziggler? And with the miz saying how many days hes been champion do you really think he will drop the belt? Im a fan of both guys but dumb match, The only way this can get interesting is if bryan continues to book miz in title matches every week that would make the title alot more relevant and make miz look good until he drops it.

Yeah, this is a good point. WWE, I mean - VINCE - really must know that they can't book this match just as a straight up wrestling match with no angle or stipulation or story beyond "Ziggler wants to prove he can beat The Miz" because that's been done before.

SOMETHING significant has to happen on the lead up and during or after this match.

I like the idea of Bryan making Miz defend the IC Title weekly because of how Miz was mouthing off to Bryan about being the best IC champion and never getting injured and "fighting a certain way."

Basically, Bryan will say to Miz that if we wants to call himself the best IC Champ he needs to be a fighting champion and thus, Bryan will give him a challenger every week.

Also would get a good angle to have Miz appear to get injured and have people speculate that he will finally have to miss a match only for Miz to hobble into the match and use a heel tactic to win the match.

This could go on for a couple months or so at least.

But I'll see what WWE has planned.

It better not be just "Miz wins clean and that's that!"

No way should Ziggler win this match. Not at any cost.

Let Miz win this match at Backlash. Then have him retain his title at No Mercy also. Then Samoa Joe debuts after Survivor Series and wins the title off Miz at the next PPV itself.

The midcard of Smackdown is weak. It has Corbin, Crews, Kalisto, Ziggler, Wyatt and Miz. The only viable options for Miz to lose his title are Bray Wyatt and Samoa Joe.

It was announced on last night's edition of Talking Smack that Miz will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler.

Now this isn't a match I'd normally be all that interested to see, but Miz has been more interesting and relevant in the past 4 months than in the last 4 years. The same can really be said about Ziggler since this new, intense, more serious side of him is a welcome change. I also like that Miz's character is taking on a more serious aspect and I hope it's something that sticks around for a while because it adds some depth to him. He's done well as the "Hollywood Celebrity" and he's been doing it for a few years, but I like the idea of Miz being more serious, someone who has something to prove.

I see little chance of Miz dropping the title to Ziggler, Ziggler being in this match itself seems a big odd really but, then again, you have to consider that SmackDown Live doesn't have as many better established guys on Raw, so it's probably for the best at this time.

Seen this match before. They played hot potato with the IC title a few years ago. Miz should get the win.

The midcard on SDL is pretty weak. They desperately need a guy like Samoa Joe on the roster. Dolph won't elevate the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back