WWE After WrestleMania 28

WrestlingFan97

Dark Match Winner
With WrestleMania 28 just two weeks away, you have to wonder, when all of the proverbial smoke has cleared, when it's all said and done, what will the future hold for WWE? The "biggest" match on the card John Cena vs. The Rock may hold the key to that question. Will John Cena finally turn into the villian we've all been wanting or will the match go off without a hitch? If John does become that "bad guy", where will WWE go from there? If it does happen, the WWE could have it's biggest success in years, or it could be a complete flop like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's change into a villian at WrestleMania 17. The potential fresh rivalries and match-ups are arguably "endless". With that being said, can WWE finally get it together and consistently put out entertaining storylines and matches? Or will it be the same shell of it's former self we've come to know over the past decade? Hopefully it's the former and not the latter, but we will only know for sure when WrestleMania 28 is officially in the record books.

well how far post WM are you looking for?
On the Raw side its obvious Punk is gonna hold the belt into the summer, certain spoiler reports that I wont post indicate that. HHH will go back into his COO role, and I think Santino drops the US belt either the night after WM or shortly after. John Cena seems to be the one guy with a huge question mark post WM.
On SD, I think I'm in a minority that thinks Bryan retains at WM, which means his feud with Sheamus will go on. 'Taker will just disappear, and I think Orton/Kane will go at least into Over The Limit. The rest of the SD roster is hard to predict due to the draft coming in April.

Well whats probably going to happen is the feuds are gonna end the PPV after Mania. It's been like this for awhile most feuds don't finish up at Wrestlemania but the PPV after I can imagine another Punk VS Jericho match and Daniel Bryan vs Shemaus

Listen. The answer is very clear to me. Many people will disagree. But bottomline, WWE is F**cked. They are trying so hard to draw in the crowd for the mega-event known as Wrestlemania 28 by loading the card with stars of the past decade like Rock, Triple H, Taker, Jericho.

These guys are all great and Wrestlemania 28 will be a HUGE success. No doubt about it, it is impossible for them to fail now. But what the WWE has failed do is give us respectable talent. Do not even give me that BS about the youth movement. How is it working? You've got almost 10 guys who have a world of talent and a great future but have not been built past anything but upper-midcard for the past year.

I'm talking about guys like Miz, Ziggler, Del Rio, Sheamus, Barrett, Rhodes, and Bryan. Yes, I am aware that most of these guys have had world title matches, runs, etc. BUT, they have not been given that major character push (Well maybe except for Daniel Bryan) that lets us view them as MAJOR STARS. Punk did it last year, Miz came close but WWE shut that down very quickly. As for Ziggler, we all know how talented he is but it doesnt mean anything until he is pushed. Frankly, WWE cant push all of these guys at the same time. What they have not been doing while they have welcomed back the Rock and others is establish more household names.

Establishing household names takes time, but WWE has absolutely paused that process ever since Punk was pushed and hope that they can suddenly pick up right where they left off after Wrestlemania. WRONG. Cena and Orton have feuded with just about every freakin heel on the roster. They can only hold up this company for so long. Punk is the shining light here. He is hot and WWE has done a good job capitalizing on him. I will say that. But until WWE makes some major characters in a hurry, this refreshing 2011 year of wrestling will be useless and we will see the same old Bullsh*t we saw in 2009-2010.

Wait, how is Cena turning heel going to even be considered successful?

People keep saying this, and people keep wanting "rap gimmick Cena" to return, but there's no backbone in your statement. Cena's character is developing and changing every week. People want him to go heel and not be a face, but Cena hasn't been a babyface for awhile now. He's a mix, he's his own category, and WWE has embraced the fact Cena is no longer cheered by all, and they stopped forcing him down our throats. But the thing is, the people who want him heel refuse to realize all of that, and continue to just aimlessly shout "turn him heel".

And how will his possible feuds be endless? Who is a big name in WWE that Cena hasn't feuded with? You said it's endless and fresh, give me a list of stars he can work a decent, credible, and entertaining feud with by being heel.

And on topic, I could care less on the aftermath of WWE for the future. I'm trying to tune into this Wrestlemania from a fan's standpoint, and I have three big matches to look forward to. In the last like five years of Wrestlemania, I barely had one. I want to enjoy this Wrestlemania as we won't get another one half as good as this looks on paper for years to come. I want to enjoy this Wrestlemania as a fan, and not look at it as a scouting, future critic. The following ppv will just be a rematch of Punk/Jericho with some different stipulation, Big Show and Cody Rhodes will do the same, and Cena will eventually move to something else. Nothing exciting will happen after, so just enjoy the event.

Three quick points I will make here about post WM.

#1. Like it or not, John Cena will not be turning heel anytime soon. He is going to beat the Rock...and I'll even say CLEAN. Obviously this is going to piss off a lot of Rock marks (myself included,) but it's the right thing to do for business in terms of putting over the top star in the company (not wrestling ability-wise, but drawing power.) Think about it. He is going to played to the ring with a song called "Invincible." It is meant to signify that he is "invincible" despite being in a hostile crowd (Miami, FL - home of the Rock.) I'll bet the farm on Cena winning. So where does that put him post WM? I think he will return to his Thuganomics roots while remaining face, thus appeasing a large percentage of his former adult fanbase while still keeping the women/children. It'll probably be toned down a tad for PG-sake, but that's my call there.

#2. Team Laurinaitis will win the 12-man tag match and thus Johnny Ace will take control of both Raw & SD. This means the annual draft will be abolished and all wrestlers will begin appearing on both shows once again. I expect Drew Mcintyre to start getting a push back into midcard status shortly thereafter.

#3. Punk will retain the WWE title, but the Punk/Jericho feud will continue for another month or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see Y2J take the strap from Punk after WM, but it's not going to happen at the big dance.

I foresee John Cena turning heel a few weeks after Mania. I think he'll be beating himself up after loosing to The Rock (that's right, I went there). A guy like Ryder is gonna try helping Cena regain confidence, but during a tag title match, Cena destroys Ryder. Cena will eventually start building towards next years Mania where the rematch will happen. In the mean time, I think Cena will form a top heel stable. WWE hasn't had a dominant stable since Evolution. Leading a stable is also one of the only things Cena hasn't done in his career. I think Cena turns face again at next years Wrestlemania.

I think Y2J may win at Mania, thus continuing his feud with Punk until Fozzy begins touring again. At this point Punk will regain his title (and hopefully redesign it).

Sheamus wins the title, and somehow Bryan, Orton, Kane and Christian will try staking a claim to the belt. Maybe we'll see a championship scramble at Extreme Rules.

Del Rio and Mysterio will feud (again). Henry will get hurt or buried until he resigns a contract or leaves. Santino will have a blow off feud before loosing the belt to McIntyre. Sin Cara and Evan Bourne will form a tag team. Kofi and Truth will continue teaming. Triple H will go behind the scenes, Taker will disappear.

Big Johnny will be GM of both brands until the bored removes him for abusing his power. He'll be replaced by ... wait for it...Edge around Summerslam.

IMO, it makes zero sense for John Cena to beat The Rock. John Cena has zero to gain out of a victory. The Rock won't be around again after WM (save maybe the night after WM). John Cena will obviously still be around, but a loss to The Rock should propel him to work harder and everything after his whole "I will lose everything" statement. It makes sense for The Rock to win. Though I will agree with you all - John Cena will win and The Rock's return (and the WWE making him appear better than Cena) will make no sense whatsoever.

But hey - WWE is a master of senseless things, i.e. Mae Young giving birth to a hand and Lita getting a paternity test while she was still "pregnant".

Listen. The answer is very clear to me. Many people will disagree. But bottomline, WWE is F**cked. They are trying so hard to draw in the crowd for the mega-event known as Wrestlemania 28 by loading the card with stars of the past decade like Rock, Triple H, Taker, Jericho.

What scares me the most is....Where does John Cena go from here? Love him or hate him, what is there left for him to do/accomplish and who does he feud with next? There is nobody - repeat, NOBODY - left that can be seen as a credible opponent/threat. Pretty much Cena is done...

What scares me the most is....Where does John Cena go from here? Love him or hate him, what is there left for him to do/accomplish and who does he feud with next? There is nobody - repeat, NOBODY - left that can be seen as a credible opponent/threat. Pretty much Cena is done...

Eventually, Cena will go back to feuding for the WWE Title. That makes me wonder... Cena VS Jericho... that would be entertaining.

IMO, it makes zero sense for John Cena to beat The Rock. John Cena has zero to gain out of a victory. The Rock won't be around again after WM (save maybe the night after WM). John Cena will obviously still be around, but a loss to The Rock should propel him to work harder and everything after his whole "I will lose everything" statement. It makes sense for The Rock to win. Though I will agree with you all - John Cena will win and The Rock's return (and the WWE making him appear better than Cena) will make no sense whatsoever.

But hey - WWE is a master of senseless things, i.e. Mae Young giving birth to a hand and Lita getting a paternity test while she was still "pregnant".

In my opinon, your opinion makes no sense. How does arguably the biggest star in wrestling history benefit more from a win than John Cena?

The Rock has nothing to gain from winning at all. He is has been made to look completely superior to Cena so him winning is something that should be expected. Cena, looking inferior, has everything to gain from a win. He can be billed at being at Rock's level.

If Hogan beat Rock at WMX8, what would Hogan have gained? Same goes now, Rock has nothing to gain from a win. He is a star. He will always be a star. He is bigger than the WWE. Cena must win in order to help elevate guys like Ziggler, Miz, and Del Rio in the coming years. Rock is not going to be around to feud with those guys, Cena is, thus Cena must look like the better man for the future of the company and its rising stars.

Talk about WWE doing senseless stuff? What sense do you have for Rock winning and then leaving? Please, enlighten me. I am open to be persuaded to your way of thinking, if you can even logically put together an thought provoking hypothesis and argument.

You have it backwards.

The Rock has absolutely nothing to gain, Cena has so much to gain. Look at like this, The Rock was the WWE. Now, John Cena is the WWE. It's a very rare moment when the past "star" goes head to head with the current "star". It makes sense to have Cena win, so it elevates his momentum, his value, his success, and shows that Cena now is better than the past "star", and is the giant guy. It would just be awkward for The Rock to win, because then it makes the current face of WWE look weak.

I think most likely cena will beat rock at WM, but you know how wwe is. If they are planning a rematch between cena and rock, then they could pull the trigger to have rock win WM in his hometown, but that is unlikely either. Cena is beating rock in a heel fashioned way.

I will stand by my opinion - The Rock needs to win at WM, not John Cena. But I am sure John Cena WILL win though he has nothing to gain out of a win. It makes no sense at all for him (John Cena) to win. Though I will agree that The Rock has nothing to gain from a win, logic says he shouldn't lose (Miami, his superiority over John Cena, his epic return to one-on-one action, John Cena's whole "I will lose everything" statement, etc).

But like I said, WWE loves to do these senseless and illogical things. I know way too many of them to count. But of course, business trumps over logic anyway. Bank on a John Cena win at WM to keep today's fans satisfied.

Just so everyone knows - I have been a wrestling fan ever since the old "gimmick" days of the WWF. I grew up watching Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Rick Martel, and many of the "old school" guys. I have been around during the Attitude Era as well, and have watched nearly every single episode of Raw from its beginning until now.

I will stand by my opinion - The Rock needs to win at WM, not John Cena. But I am sure John Cena WILL win though he has nothing to gain out of a win. It makes no sense at all for him (John Cena) to win. Though I will agree that The Rock has nothing to gain from a win, logic says he shouldn't lose (Miami, his superiority over John Cena, his epic return to one-on-one action, John Cena's whole "I will lose everything" statement, etc).

But like I said, WWE loves to do these senseless and illogical things. I know way too many of them to count. But of course, business trumps over logic anyway. Bank on a John Cena win at WM to keep today's fans satisfied.

Just so everyone knows - I have been a wrestling fan ever since the old "gimmick" days of the WWF. I grew up watching Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Rick Martel, and many of the "old school" guys. I have been around during the Attitude Era as well, and have watched nearly every single episode of Raw from its beginning until now.

I completely agree if they have Cena win clean. However, if he wins in a controversial, heel type of way, then the WWE can build up a storyline.

Personally, I would like the WWE to have Cena lose and go on a losing streak where he starts doubting himself and decided to get away a bit before finally returning at the Rumble. That would force the WWE to come up with storylines to keep fans entertained as well as build new guys.

I honestly think that Cena will FINALLY go heel. There's nothing left for super Cena after this. He's keeping his fued interesting by being the goofy wigger that got him over in the first place and there won't be any heels left for him to squash after this match. Win or lose, the only way to stay relevant is for Cena to give hate back to the crowd with one of Gewirtz' fucking stupid (two bars an hour) rhyme schemes.

I think that Daniel Bryan will lose the belt, which pains me to say as he's currently my favorite. I think that he'll take some time off to find himself and make a comeback when there's room for him.

I think that Sheamus will say some stupid shit about how he was bullied as a kid and smile like a doofus while he soaks up the canned cheers while holding the belt up. He'll beat his chest, rely on the hard work of his opponents and won't drop the belt unless it's a fluke win by his opponent.

I think that Punk will retain in a match that turns out to be a thousand times better than Cena vs Rock or Daniel vs Sheamus (because of Sheamus). Punk will keep the best in the world gimmick going and gracefully drop the belt to a returning Del Rio in the future.

I think that Jericho will tour with his band. Shocking, I know.

I think that Orton vs Kane will go down in medical history as the most potent cure for insomnia. Aides will be standing by to resuscitate anyone who falls into a boredom induced coma, aides for those aides will be on standby. I think that Randy will win and nobody, including Randy, will give a shit. Thanks for shitting on the card HHH.

I think that Team Ace will win. Teddy will propose to Aksana and she'll either accept and have the wedding on Smackdown, or she'll side with Ace and it'll still be just as interesting. The people who actually wrestled? They'll fall back into "not HHH's butt buddy" obscurity and likely have deliberately bland build to whatever matches they have in the future.

Rock beats Cena, Next EP of RAW Cena comes out bitching .. Says he has nothing left and is leaving .. Zakk Ryder/whoever goes after him "Broski you can't leave!" .. He gives some long ass explanation as to why the "Universe" *Needs* him .. he pauses, looks at Ryder .. Turns around .. another pause .. wait for it! .. BOOM HEADSHOT MOTHERFUCKER .. Cena beats the fuck out of Ryder .. He walks off.

Ending the show, Undertaker is out talking about how he and HHH went through hell last night and the better man won, thus the lord of darkness is now 20 - 0, says some bullshit about how no one can beat his record, out of no where Cena attacks him, beats the living shit out of him with a chair and then security come out take him away .. The gong hits ..druids line up .. holding fire of course! motionless Undertaker in the ring, King/Cole don't say a word .. more druids circle the ring .. when all inplace Paul Bearer appears with the urn with Kane next to him .. they look at each other and walk down through the druids .. a druid follows with a casket, marked with the Taker logo .. They roll Undertaker into it and off they go.

- There, Cena is now a Heel and Taker can retire or even come back for revenge next year.

Not sure about the GM situation, either way the "Brands" become a "Brand"

Y2J/Punk fued until Fozzy tour again, loser leaves WWE or something ..

R-Truth/Kofi and a Jack Swagger/Ziggler fued, maybe including the Tag Titles.

Brock to return @ SummerSlam and F5 a few people

WWE to slowly ease away from the PG bollocks ( SummerSlam onwards )

HHH to retire from "in-ring" activities

Kane to fued with Wade, maybe 4/5 months long - When he returns obviously

Punk to drop the belt at SummerSlam, Wiggler perhaps?

Yeah, kinda wishing but still wouldn't say they're all unrealistic xD

Ah yes! The old "I've been watching wrestling for a really long time" argument. That still doesn't justify the fact that you're completly back asswards in your argument. Let me ask you something? Would it have made sense if:

The iron sheik defeated hulk hogan?
Andre the giant defeats hulk hogan at wrestlemania III?
Hulk Hogan defeats Ultimate warrior at mania 6?
Rowdy roddy piper defeats bret hart at mania 8?
I'm sure you think bret should have won the iron man match.
The montreal screwjob shouldn't have happened because it "didn't make sense" for bret to lose in front of his hometown crowd. (It wasn't even his hometown, you can't just call a whole country your hometown bret.)
On top of that I believe it would have made more sense if shawn michaels beat stone cold at wrestlemania 14. They billed it as rated X, so wouldn't it make sense if DX won both of there matches???????
Angle should have beat lesnar.
Hogan should have beat the rock.

Does all of that make sense to you? Think about it.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT DOOOOOEEEEEESSSSSSNNNNNN'T! So why would the rules of wrestling change just for one guy? The only way rock wins is if they're going to continue it afterwards.

Now for what I think will happen after mania 28. First off I think chris jericho will be around at least until mania 29 MAYBE 30. Just because fozzy plans on working on a new record soon, doesn't mean they're hitting the road anytime soon. If you know anything about music, you'll know that bands go through a cycle that includes writing, recording, rehearsal, then you tour for about a year, maybe two depending on how succesful. Then there's usually a 1 - 2 year chill out period. That's when we get to see chris jericho. From the time you start writing songs for a record till it gets released usually takes at least a year. So don't worry, he'll be around. Besides, he doesn't seem like he minds being away from his family that much (read his 2nd book, he lived in LA by himself for like 6 months... just saying.)

Now with that being said, I believe cena beating the rock will catipult him to number 1 contender, but rematches etc. will hinder that. I see cena feuding with Ziggler (thought he's feuded with everyone as a face?) for a little bit and maybe give him a rub. Rey will be coming back too, so I can see him and cena both fighting for the number 1 contender spot. While that is taking place Punk and Jericho will be trading the title at least once (hopefully, I know I bashed him, but jericho is one of my favs). I feel like summerslam could be either cm punk vs rey, cm punk vs ziggler, cena vs rey, rey vs jericho, or jericho vs cena. I don't think john cena and cm punk will have a match vs one another at all. They will keep trying to out do each other. One or the other will win the royal rumble. And your main event for wrestlemania 29 will be CM Punk vs John Cena(c). Where John Cena will do for CM Punk, what The Rock did the previous year for John Cena. Why? Because it makes sense. There's a free lesson for you VDogg.

The Undertaker match.

I am so over the Undertaker at this point. I was a big fan twelve years ago but the magic officially died after his epic encounter with Michaels. Nothing will ever top that match and it should have been his last.

I expect his encounter with HHH will be slow and boring. After WM I don't think that there will be any reason to keep using The Undertaker. Even if he was in his prime, it's a different crowd with different tastes. People are more apt to heckle than they are to play along. I honestly think that we won't see any of The Undertaker after WM and that HHH will only reference it if he won.

After mania 28 I predict:

1. Rock calls out Cena and wants a rematch at Summer Slam 2012, after losing to Cena at Mania 28.

2. Triple H. blames HBK for his loss at Mania 28 and they set the stage for a match at Summer Slam to see who is truly better. Unsanctioned match.

3. John Laurinithis takes over both brands and punishes each member of Team Long. Gets Teddy to stay on to humiliate Teddy or he will fire Aksana. Teddy gets revenge down the road.

4. Stephanie is revealed as the girl in the Jericho tapes and teams up with him to screw Punk out of the title.

5. Sheamus, Bryan and Orton battle for the Whc. until wade Barrett returns and takes it around Summer slam .

6. Kharma eventually comes back and takes the belt from Beth and runs rough shot through the Divas Division then sets her sites on the INC or USC.

7. Barrett Forms The Barrett Barrage. Includes: Regal, Drew Mac, Mayson Ryan and Layla. Sort of a U.K. version of Evolution. They take most of the titles and and dominate second half of 2012.

8. Triple H. decides to try for one more reign as WWEC. Turns heelish in the process.

9. Brock returns on the first Raw of 2013. Starts a feud with Undertaker, Cena, or Austin.

10. John Morrison returns and wins the 2013 Royal Rumble match and challenges WWEC. at Mania 29.

11. Rock comes back to hype a possible rubber match with Cena at Mania 29 or a match with punk.

12. Mick Foley comes back in 2012 and has mini feud with Rhodes to help put him over more. Dolph and Rhodes keep building in 2012 and at least one of them become WHC. or WWEC. before 2012 is over.

honestly im of the opinion cena will do the same thing as the year gone by........wreslte for the title a lot then at around royal rumble time start getting excited bout mania fever.....then this is where it gets fun....he looses the title and a rematch after or at elimination chamber ppv......then he will rant on bout how this will be the first wm he isnt in or he isnt in a title match or main event......now some of u guys who are smart will be thinking something along the lines of hhhmmmm.......cena not in a title or main event match at wm, could be good cause cena is too much ova shown now.....ahng on the wwe board arent stupid by letting their biggest draw card for the last near enough of half of a decade to sit out or mid card wm......i wonda wat is bigga than a main event match or a a title match at wm for a guy who had basically done it alll......WAIT WIAT WAIT.....he hasnt done it all.....at this point id like to thing a the gong goes off in everyones head and like the undertaker vs cena at wm possibility appears

Why do so many people state that Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes are future World Champions? These two are the first 2 names in the "Midcarder for life club"

Ziggler reminds me of Billy Gunn, he even uses his Finishing move as one of his own Signatures. I can't really see why Ziggler would challenge for the top titles when Gunn never reached Main Event Status. Gunn could even use the Mic (with Roaddogg) to get crowd pops, wheras Vicky does most of Dolph's talking. Perhaps if he got rid of the screech bag and turned Face he could build something. I just don't think a heel pesona suits Ziggler at all!

Cody Rhodes is a Victim of the "Lets just skip his matches and move onto the next match". I mean whats all this crap he does with coming out like he is Rocky Balboa during his entrance. Reminds me a little of AJ Styles's TNA entrance but at least Styles is a damn good performer in the ring. Replace Rhodes with AJ Please! and please Big Show Sqaush him at WM.

If these 2 are the future of the WWE then it's time to worry , Perhaps John Cena is stealing most of the air time, hampering the building of quality heels. There is a total lack of top heels at the moment, giving John Cena nothing to do after WM (if he remains Face). Kane , Bryan, and Jericho are about the best, but not really decent opponents for Cena following WM. Mark Henry and Del Rio are also Victims of the "Lets Skip" button. R-Truth and Miz had a lot of heat late last year as Heels and it was interesting to watch them both Terrorise the WWE, Then all of a sudden Truth turned Face and became Soft, and it now looks like The Miz is getting buried!! or is he?

The Miz could be the answer to The Heel for Cena after WM! There is still a legitimate grudge between Miz and Cena following the Rocks interference last year at WM. Miz cut very good promo's with Cena/Rock and even Stone Cold during 2011. I feel summat big is going to involve the Miz after WM. Miz is my idea of a good heel, he makes the faces look even better than they already are with his Mic Skills. The Miz did this brilliantly last year. The Segments he did with Austin were great. The Problem again is Miz and Cena fueded a lot through 2011 and fans will probably not want this to resurface,, yet.

@ TM Punk You make a very solid argument, and i applaud your attention to detail and logic. Sincerely.

However mid way through one of your replies one simple line has made all the evidence you compiled against a Rock win not carrying as much weight...even though i do agree with most of your points.
The sentence was...

Originally posted by TM Punk
The only way rock wins is if they're going to continue it afterwards.

In that one simple sentence you highlight the simplest thing that will determine the outcome of this match, until we see this match I somehow doubt we will know whether they plan to continue this in the future or not, the finish of this match could very well be the launch point for it.

Im not voicing my opinion or saying im right one way or the other on if Rock or Cena Should/Shouldn't win and why, but I had to make reference to this.

The problem with Cena is two-fold....

1. Since he won't be turning heel (sorry to disappoint those still holding out hope for a heel turn), who is he going to feud with? Cena has been the TOP face of RAW for so long where he has faced everyone, and with the way Cena buries top heels, why should I believe them to be a threat?

2. He's at the point in his career where he has had the title so many times where it doesn't mean anything for him to get it again. People who don't like Cena who see that he is in ANOTHER title match aren't going to watch since more likely than not, he is going to win.

I'd be curious to see what they do with him after Mania to keep him interesting. My guess since creative doesn't seem to have any better ideas would be for them to feed Miz/Ziggler/whoever to him for the 8 millionth time unless they start pushing a monster heel.....that will eventually be fed to Cena.

The product will cool down for a while as more people will tune into baseball season & the postseason for hockey and basketball respectively. Then, if WWE is smart, they will pick up business around SummerSlam time. It happened last year, but it's not guaranteed that it will happen this year.

Storyline wise, I have no clue what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back