Wrestlemania 28: John Cena VS The Rock

John Cena and The Rock: Who is Right?

• Cena is Right.

• The Rock does not need to help WWE weekly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
From what I was told.. This finish was last minute.. in the beginning of the match you can clearly see the ref and cena having a discussion, and there was ALOT of talking between cena and the rock during the match. Im not saying cena was supposed to win until the last minute.. But something just looked off. Basically they had it come across as cena had rock dead to rights.. Got a little
Cocky and it bit him in the ass..
Expect major changes to cena soon. And the rock winning proved that the attitude era can still whoop that ass! But the whole match juat looked
off to me.. which is a result of the speculated last minute changes before the bell. Idk..
But regardless this years Mania over all was
better than the last few.

I was not too happy with the outcome; of course I am not surprised that Rock won in his hometown but what did he really gain by winning? He has done everything that he can possibly do and didn't have as much to gain by winning as John did. I have no idea what will happen to Cena now, does he go heel? Take some time off? John needed this win to catapult his career to a new level and The Rock was the perfect choice to help launch him to new heights but with a win by the Rock it just seems like now John will be at a stalemate and didn't gain a thing.

Guess we'll just wait and see what happens on RAW !

Completely disagree. Everything you said about the Rock can be said about John Cena. I actually thought Rock HAD to win this match. Cena FINALLY lost clean and hopefully that can put a change in his character. A loss does nothing negative for Cena. If the Rock lost, in my eyes it takes away any of the glory of when he comes back to wrestle again. Whats the point? Cena beat him, what makes me think he can beat anyone else? Rock comes back and loses, just makes for a downer in my eyes. It wouldnt make his future appearances special to me. Win or lose, Cena will continue to be the face of the company.

At least with a Cena lose, its something completely different and sets up for a great rematch if they ever wanna go that way.

There was no torch to pass. I am SO happy they didnt shake hands at the end. They gave eachother some stiff blows also. Bruised up faces

In the end, I think most people thought Cena would win the match. I was glad he didnt. Rock winning left the crowd extremely happy at the end of the night and they all went home happy.

Should be a good raw tomorrow

People are forgetting the most important thing.

What would of happened if Cena went over clean? The night would of ended with Cena getting booed even louder [if that's possible] some ending to Wrestlemania?

Rock wanted to give fans a memorable Wrestlemania and that's what he did, the entire arena went batshit crazy when Rock won, no one was sitting down, the whole place was a god damn party

WWE Did the right thing.

From what I was told.. This finish was last minute.. in the beginning of the match you can clearly see the ref and cena having a discussion, and there was ALOT of talking between cena and the rock during the match. Im not saying cena was supposed to win until the last minute.. But something just looked off. Basically they had it come across as cena had rock dead to rights.. Got a little
Cocky and it bit him in the ass..
Expect major changes to cena soon. And the rock winning proved that the attitude era can still whoop that ass! But the whole match juat looked
off to me.. which is a result of the speculated last minute changes before the bell. Idk..
But regardless this years Mania over all was
better than the last few.

I agree with what you have said here...at one point I wondered if Cena knew he could be seen talking SO much.

Rocking winning was the right move...the whole pass the torch thing is ridiculous in this situation, Cena has been WWE main guy for years, what torch could be passed?

On a side noteI marked BIG time when Rock won!

Created an account just to get peoples thoughts on this. I use to read the forums 8 years ago but wwe got really boring. The rock coming back, even briefly, has sparked my interest in the wwe again...

I keep watching the last 4-5 minutes and that ending just has me wondering. Was there a screwjob involved?

1 - Cena is a horrible actor and he really looked surprised when rock kicked out that last time.

2 - Cena did a half assed people's elbow attempt after possibly realizing they were off script. It was so half assed it was like a FU to Vince.

3 - The rock and the ref. You see the Rock say thank you to him, give him a casual slap on the hand but the ref looked somewhat confused.

I hate Cena so I could care less, but I really wanted The Rock to get a clean win if this was the direction they wanted to take Cena's character. Raw is going to be very interesting this coming Monday. I wonder if Vince plans to be in attendance.

4 - It's a good possibility they had a last minute change of script and they all knew about it if the ref signaled something. He did this weird stare at Cena towards the end. Maybe they were afraid the Miami crowd would really riot and they didn't want bad pub since their product is already fading away. This probably makes the most sense and the last 5 minutes was all impromptu.

THOUGHTS?

Created an account just to get peoples thoughts on this. I use to read the forums 8 years ago but wwe got really boring. The rock coming back, even briefly, has sparked my interest in the wwe again...

I keep watching the last 4-5 minutes and that ending just has me wondering. Was there a screwjob involved?

1 - Cena is a horrible actor and he really looked surprised when rock kicked out that last time.

2 - Cena did a half assed people's elbow attempt after possibly realizing they were off script. It was so half assed it was like a FU to Vince.

3 - The rock and the ref. You see the Rock say thank you to him, give him a casual slap on the hand but the ref looked somewhat confused.

I hate Cena so I could care less, but I really wanted The Rock to get a clean win if this was the direction they wanted to take Cena's character. Raw is going to be very interesting this coming Monday. I wonder if Vince plans to be in attendance.

4 - It's a good possibility they had a last minute change of script and they all knew about it if the ref signaled something. He did this weird stare at Cena towards the end. Maybe they were afraid the Miami crowd would really riot and they didn't want bad pub since their product is already fading away. This probably makes the most sense and the last 5 minutes was all impromptu.

THOUGHTS?
Cena isn't a horrible actor in the ring, he sells in credibly well. I don't think it was a screw finish, but they may have called an audible, who knows.

Lastly, the product is NOT fading. The only way you think that is if you're ******ed and only look at ratings and literally think "hmm, a 7 (like twice) 12 years ago vs a 3 now is equal" it's not, not even really measuring the same thing anymore really.

AMAZING match though. Holy shit what a great crowd reaction. You could see the Rock Bottom at the end coming. The ONLY way I can see this finish doing any good is if it really evolves Cena's character. Who knows, I'll have to wait and see.

Also, please God no Brock vs Rock. How's that going to work with 2 part time guys? It'll seem like a feud on the side.

i believe with him mocking the rock at the end and loseing as a result, could help with hopefully and finally a heel turn for cena.
This would be the only thing to make these last 6 months or so make sense. After the Survivor Series we had:

Cena vs the crowd.
Cena vs Kane and embracing the hate
Then Cena vs the Rock and the whole "I have to win this match no matter what and there is no way and I am going to let a part time guy come in and beat me" thing.

The part time guy won. How does Cena react?

I wonder if the Rock was hurt or in a ton of pain early in the match. There was one point where the Rock was outside of the ring and Cena re-entered. He waited in the ring for the ref to cue him to go back out to bring the Rock back in. This was early in the match after the Rock took a spill over the top rope on to the floor. Rock was favoring one of his sides in the midsection for a while through the match after that point. Cena was pausing a lot and was going really slow with Rock.

Amazing

Its amazing how if Hogan had done this at WrestleMania 18 Everyone would of bitched and complained about how Hogan doesnt Job 2 Anyone...

But of course since its Someone else everyone says oh what a Great Idea it was....

Bottom Line is the Rock is not doing Full Time wrestling anymore and Like him or Not Cena is the New Face of WWE... and Rock should of Jobbed....

And if U Disagree then U should not Post Anything Negative ever again about Hogan.. Cause this 2 Me just Proved Hogan really Did everything he Could 4 Wrestling where Guys like Shawn and Rock only Talk but dont produce

I wonder if the Rock was hurt or in a ton of pain early in the match. There was one point where the Rock was outside of the ring and Cena re-entered. He waited in the ring for the ref to cue him to go back out to bring the Rock back in. This was early in the match after the Rock took a spill over the top rope on to the floor. Rock was favoring one of his sides in the midsection for a while through the match after that point. Cena was pausing a lot and was going really slow with Rock.
Pretty obvious Rock was gassed. You can do cardio, but when you do cardio, you don't fall and run into shit and get the win knocked out of you. Plus it's REALLY hard to control your breathing in front of a huge crowd like that when your adrenalin is pumping. Cena is used to it, Rock was just out of ring shape. He did amazing for a guy out for that long though.

jacndwarrior, I wouldn't leave pro wrestling for movies. Then again, I love pro wrestling.

I don't think Cena turns heel because that doesn't really do anything. I keep him with the same core values but just evolve his character. Kinda like how at its core, Heath ledger's joker is still the Joker, but completely unique in just about every other category. Do that with Cena. Turning him heel is a boring and predictable idea that would simply cause an inverse reaction with the crowd and lower merchandise sales.

Nobody can say Cena never puts anyone over now and dare put Rock over as the greatest. I'm just saying, Hogan put Rock over in BOTH of their matches and Rock was already out the door pretty much. Just goes to show how selfish Rock truly is.

Anyway, the match was great nonetheless. Cena proved that he had the ability to go with more top stars. At this point, Cena now looks somewhat like a beatable foe, but he always has been. Where this goes from here, I don't know but you can bet that I'll be watching Raw in the coming weeks to find out.

Great match but I didnt like the Finish not so much Rock winning more so how they did it. Rock was totally gassed from the 5-7 min mark on. Cena carried about 80% of this match. If you think im being stupid Id suggest you rewatch the match. I loved how They got caught numerous times picking the spots "wanna do a ddt now?"

In all honesty I wanted Cena to win but understand in the setting why it had to be ROCK, Did rock kick Cena's ass tho? NO. Cena looked very strong the whole match and that cross body into the AA was amazing. Does this hurt Cena, maybe time will tell. But as for his ring work Cena did great. Rock looked a bit out of touch. I meam might be ring rust or he was being care full not to hurt himself since he is beginning to film another film in like 2 weeks.

I'm disappointed that Cena lost. Primarily because I think that long-term it is better to pass the Torch than to declare the Rock the greatest ever. That being said, the match was far better than I thought it would be, I was willing Cena to kick out at the end and hit a Rock Bottom of his own. I guess it's time to sit back and see what happens next.

Bet most of the Cena lovers are pretty disappointed this morning about this match.

Despite that, I thought this match lived up to the hype. Most of the times I thought Cena had the Rock right where he wanted him. Rock was tuning back to his earlier days of Rocky Mavia (NoD phase), and while the ending was kinda weak, it proves that the Rock has got that IT factor that Cena can never reach.

Amazing

Its amazing how if Hogan had done this at WrestleMania 18 Everyone would of bitched and complained about how Hogan doesnt Job 2 Anyone...

But of course since its Someone else everyone says oh what a Great Idea it was....

Bottom Line is the Rock is not doing Full Time wrestling anymore and Like him or Not Cena is the New Face of WWE... and Rock should of Jobbed....

And if U Disagree then U should not Post Anything Negative ever again about Hogan.. Cause this 2 Me just Proved Hogan really Did everything he Could 4 Wrestling where Guys like Shawn and Rock only Talk but dont produce

Are you serious? Rock spent his whole carrier putting people over. Real quick how many world title matches has The Rock won at Mania? Answer a fat zero. He lost back to back to back years at 15,16 and 17. At 16 he was the top face and by far the most over wrestler in the world and he lost to Trips. Then at 17 he losses to Austin (again) when he is now the biggest thing in wrestling (took over while Austin was out). During his tenure he lost to Austin, Trips, Undertaker, Angle and Jericho in high profile matches.

Unlike Cena, Rock didn't make a carrier out of beating everyone at Mania (including a strech where in back to back years Trips and Shawn both tapped to him). The Rock was one of the most self less wrestlers during the attitude era and it never seemed like he cared about winning the big match as much as guys like Austin or Trips.

Glad to see Rock get the win. Surprisingly, He did better than I expected. First single match in 9yrs, not to mention infront of 78,000 people. He was gassed through out the second half of the match, but he did alright. Other than being a slow based match(due to Rock being out of ring shape), I say this match was great. My hat off for Cena, he carried Rock through the match. Great effort by both men.

I'm more of a Cena fan than a Rock one but I honestly didnt mind who won so long as Cena turned Heel. That didn't happen (or hopefully just not yet) so I'm going on what I saw during the match. Rocky looked knackered from very early on, and the two of them had so much dialogue during the match. I think Cena totally carried Rock, which surprised me! The whole thing was a pretty bad anti climax after all the build up. With Cena looking the stronger all match and Rocky obviously struggling, having Rocky win makes today's product look very weak! (Which it is we all know that but why would WWE highlight that?)

Cena 8/10, Rock 6/10, Overall for the match 7/10, expected fireworks, what we got was all the noise and no light show!

Glad to see Rock get the win. Surprisingly, He did better than I expected. First single match in 9yrs, not to mention infront of 78,000 people. He was gassed through out the second half of the match, but he did alright. Other than being a slow based match(due to Rock being out of ring shape), I say this match was great. My hat off for Cena, he carried Rock through the match. Grear effort by both men.
Agree both men did their best. Disappointed in Rocky a little bit though but maybe I expected too much.

Hyping this match for a year, it couldn't possibly live up to expectations. I prefer Rock, but I expected Cena to go over because Rock isn't even a full time wrestler. Rock said he had been working out for a year with a couple guys from NXT, but I couldn't tell. He was out of gas most of the match. If Rock was a full time wrestler I wouldn't be surprised by this. But I'm confused. Was Cena originally booked to win? If so, they should have stuck with that. I did enjoy how Cena went for people's elbow and rock caught him in a rock bottom. But the match was not very good. I'd give it ** 1/2 ....depending on what you consider to be a 5 star match this wasn't even close and left me confused. Maybe that was the point. The entire show left me confused. I don't know what VKM was trying to get across. It seemed like a 4 hour outdoor episode of RAW.

Nobody can say Cena never puts anyone over now and dare put Rock over as the greatest. I'm just saying, Hogan put Rock over in BOTH of their matches and Rock was already out the door pretty much. Just goes to show how selfish Rock truly is.
Anyway, the match was great nonetheless. Cena proved that he had the ability to go with more top stars. At this point, Cena now looks somewhat like a beatable foe, but he always has been. Where this goes from here, I don't know but you can bet that I'll be watching Raw in the coming weeks to find out.

I've already explained this. Rock truly needed to win that 1st match with Hogan. He was in a WM losing streak 0-3, and he really never had a WM moment at that point. P.S no expected 85% of the fans in toronto will be behind Hogan. They thought it would be atleast 50-50, and it would make sense if rock went over. Their 2nd match(Rock-Hogan II), again rock was in situation that cena's in right now, half the people booing and half of them cheering(Even though he was a heel). The only way to bring much heat on Rock is by him screwing Hogan in canada.

"Just goes to show how selfish Rock truly is"

lol yeah...right. You must be truly selfish to put over STEPHANIE MCMAHON..

I like what that dude said right before me. The Hell in a Cell match saved WrestleMania 28 from being a flop... but we probably won't see any of the 3 men involved in that match for 90% of the next year so a lotta good that did the company.

They just jobbed their biggest asset out to someone who wrestled twice in the past 8 years... and then they wonder why fans can't buy into the next generation of "superstars" the way they did with the old era that just "ended" last night.

Wouldn't Cena defeating 1 of the top 2 stars of said era be the greatest book end to an "End of an Era" kind of themed night?

I'm interested in how WWE will try and make me give a damn about Cena after this.

Cena isn't a horrible actor in the ring, he sells in credibly well. I don't think it was a screw finish, but they may have called an audible, who knows.
There had to be some sort of "audible" ending if for no other reason that they had to stretch the match out as long as possible, so they needed a "go to the finish" signal of some sort right before the end.

Rock has put plenty of people over in his career, anyone suggesting that he's selfish & never puts anyone over is clearly just bitter their boy didn't win. Kurt Angles first WWE title came after beating Rock in a one on one match, & through his career at WM he's put over many people including Stone Cold (twice at WM15 & 17), Triple H (WM16) Brock Lesnar (SSlam 02), Jericho (numerous times, but most notably Vengeance '01) & I'm sure there are plenty of others Rock has put over through out his career.

Also if Cena is as good as he & all his fans claim (which he is) then he should easily be able to overcome this one loss to the Rock. I think by now Cena has made himself a big enough name & beaten enough big name wrestlers that one loss isn't gonna hurt him one bit.

Rock has put plenty of people over in his career, anyone suggesting that he's selfish & never puts anyone over is clearly just bitter their boy didn't win. Kurt Angles first WWE title came after beating Rock in a one on one match, & through his career at WM he's put over many people including Stone Cold (twice at WM15 & 17), Triple H (WM16) Brock Lesnar (SSlam 02), Jericho (numerous times, but most notably Vengeance '01) & I'm sure there are plenty of others Rock has put over through out his career.

Also if Cena is as good as he & all his fans claim (which he is) then he should easily be able to overcome this one loss to the Rock. I think by now Cena has made himself a big enough name & beaten enough big name wrestlers that one loss isn't gonna hurt him one bit.

You realize the 2 stars you said he "put over" at WrestleMania are Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H? I mean, if you can't put the biggest star the industry has ever seen since Hulk Hogan and the heir apparent to the WWE conglomerate then you've got issues.

I'm not one of these people saying Rock is selfish for going over Cena, although I thought Cena winning made more business sense... but I just had to call you out and thinking Rock is humble for putting those two guys over.

That's like saying Johnny Depp is humble if he allows Leonardo DiCaprio and George Clooney first billing on a movie poster. They're megastars... it's not a huge shot to the ego.

The issue is not the fact that Cena lost, it is why are we having a guy who ran out for 7 years winning a match in which the torch was to be passed the same way it was to him by another person that everyone claims never jobbed to anyone.

I know that this will be their way to make a few more matches but at this point I really don't care for another match. I would have rather them have Cena win then a rematch in which the Rock could win then a possible rubber match with Cena winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back