WWE: 2007 and beyond

NotoriousMEAT

TWITTER: @Son_Broku
2007 is a year highly criticized by WWE fans. While it hosted one of the most successful WrestleMania's of all time, it was a year of transition, controversy, tragedy, and sometimes.. confusion. I'm gonna target this time period for my first ever Book This series, and see how far I can take it.

For the benefit of this thread, I've made one major change to WWE at the tail end of 2006. Instead of booking WWE the exact same during that time period with this one exception.. I figure I'll just give this brief back story before getting 2007 underway.

Umaga's Rise
At the Cyber Sunday Pay-Per-View, Umaga would win a No. 1 contenders match in the midst of his 6 month undefeated streak. Hoping to cash in on the opportunity immediately, Armando Alejandro Estrada announced Umaga's intentions to challenge for the WWE Championship at the Survivor Series. Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman had the unfortunate task of informing Estrada and Umaga that Team Cena vs Team Big Show had already been signed for the Pay-Per-View event, but that he would be happy to give him his earned title match on any given RAW. That was unnaceptable according to Estrada, claiming that Umaga deserved to become champion in the spot light of Pay-Per-View. After weeks bullying Coachman to schedule the match for Survivor Series, Umaga and Estrada would be surprised to learn on the final RAW before Survivor Series that the duo had been traded to the SmackDown brand. Coach expressed his intentions to be taken seriously as an authority figure, and that they would hendering that mission. Revealing that in return, RAW had received Mark Henry and Finlay, Umaga's final actions on RAW would be defeating Finlay in singles competition. Appearing on their first Friday Night Smackdown, and final SmackDown before Survivor Series, Umaga and Estrada would be summoned to the ring at the opening of the show by SmackDown General Manager, Teddy Long. He acknowledged he was excited to have a talent like Umaga on the blue brand, but said he refused to accpet any of the disrespect they showed Coachman on their way out of RAW. In order to keep SmackDown the most exciting and unpredictable show on television, Long then announces that Umaga would be entered in the World Heavyweight Championship match this Sunday at Survivor Series between current champion King Booker, and challenger Batista.. making it a Triple Threat match. Come Survivor Series, Batista is on the verge of reclaiming the gold after laying King Booker out with a Batista Bomb, only to be yanked up by Umaga, and leveld by a Samoan Spike. Covering King Booker, Umaga would come out victorious, ending the night as the undefeated World Heavyweight Champion of WWE. After retaining in a return Triple Threat match at the Armageddon Pay-Per-View, King Booker has been removed from the equation, but the Samoan Submission Machine still has the "Animal" Batista, chasing after his title.

ROSTER

Monday Night RAW
Champions
WWE Champion: John Cena
Intercontinental Champion: Jeff Hardy
World Tag Team Champions: Rated RKO
Women's Championship: Mickie James

Candice Michelle (face)
Carlito (face)
Charlie Haas (heel)
Chris Masters (heel)
Edge (heel)
Eugene (face)
Finlay (heel)
The Great Khali (heel)
Jeff Hardy (face)
Jim Duggan (face)
John Cena (face)
Johnny Nitro (heel)
JTG (face)
Kenny Dykstra (heel)
Lance Cade (heel)
Maria (face)
Mark Henry (heel)
Melina (heel)
Mickie James (face)
Ric Flair (face)
Robbie McAllister (face)
Rory McAllister (face)
Shad Gaspard (face)
Shawn Michaels (face)
Shelton Benjamin (heel)
Super Crazy (face)
Torrie Wilson (face)
Trevor Murdoch (heel)
Triple H (face)
Val Venis (face)
Victoria (heel)
Viscera (face)
Vladimir Kozlov (face)

Tag Teams
Cryme Tyme (JTG & Shad Gaspard)
D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels & Triple H)
The Highlanders (Robbie & Rory McAllister)
Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
Rated RKO (Edge & Randy Orton)
World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

Authority Figure: Jonathan Coacman (Executive Assitant)
Commentary: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

---------------------------------

Friday Night SmackDown!
Champions
World Heavyweight Champion: Umaga
United States Champion: Chris Benoit
WWE Tag Team Champions: London & Kendrick
Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms

Armando Alejandro Estrada (heel)
Ashley Massaro (face)
Batista (face)
The Boogeyman (face)
Brian Kendrick (face)
Chavo Guerrero (heel)
Cherry (heel)
Chris Benoit (face)
Dave Taylor (heel)
Deuce (heel)
Domino (heel)
Funaki (face)
Gregory Helms (heel)
Jamie Noble (heel)
Jillian Hall (heel)
Jimmy Wang-Yang (heel)
Joey Mercury (heel)
Kane (face)
King Booker (heel)
Kristal Marshall (face)
Matt Hardy (face)
Maryse (face)
Mike Mizanin (heel)
Montel Vontavious Porter (heel)
Mr. Kennedy (heel)
Paul London (face)
Queen Sharmell (heel)
Rene Dupree
Scotty 2 Hotty (face)
Sylvan (heel)
Tatanka (face)
The Undertaker (face)
Vickie Guerrero (heel)
Vito (face)
William Regal (heel)

Tag Teams
Deuce N' Domino
La Resistance (Rene Dupree & Sylvan)
London & Kendrick
Regal & Taylor

Authority Figure: Theordore Long (General Manager)
Commentary: Michael Cole & JBL

---------------------------------

ECW
ECW Champion: Bobby Lashley

Ariel (heel)
Balls Mahoney (face)
Bobby Lashley (face)
Brooke Adams (face)
CM Punk (face)
C.W. Anderson (heel)
Daivari (heel)
Elijah Burke (heel)
Hardcore Holly (heel)
Kelly Kelly (face)
Kevin Thorne (heel)
Layla El (face)
Marcus Cor Von (heel)
Matt Striker (heel)
Mike Knox (heel)
Nunzio (heel)
Rebecca Dipietro (face)
Rob Van Dam (face)
Sabu (face)
The Sandman (face)
Shannon Moore (heel)
Snitsky (heel)
Stevie Richards (heel)
Sylvester Terkay (heel)
Test (heel)
Tommy Dreamer (face)
Tony Mamaluke (heel)
Trinity (heel)

Tag Teams
ECW Originals (Dreamer, RVD, Sabu, Sandman)
Extreme Expose (Brooke, Kelly Kelly, & Layla)
Full Blooded Italians (Nunzio & Tony Mamaluke)
The New Breed (Burke, Cor Von, Striker, Thorne w/ Ariel)

Authority Figure: none
Commentary: Joey Styles & Tazz

'Results from last nights New Years Revolution' Pay-Per-View

Intercontinental Championship - Steel Cage Match
Jeff Hardy (C) def. Johnny Nitro (w/ Melina)

Tag Team Turmoil No.1 Contenders Match
Cryme Tyme def. The Highlanders, World's Greatest Tag Team,
Jim Duggan & Super Crazy, & Cade & Murdoch

Kenny Dykstra def. Ric Flair

Women's Championship
Mickie James (C) def. Victoria

World Tag Team Championships
Rated RKO (C) def. D-Generation X

Chris Masters def. Carlito (w/ Torrie Wilson)

WWE Championship
John Cena (C) def. The Great Khali

RAW-LOGO.png

St. Louis Missouri - January 8th, 2007

As RAW comes on the air, a replay is shown of last night's Tag Team Championship match. The clip details Triple H tearing his quadricep while delivering a Spine Buster to Randy Orton, then shows Rated RKO taking advange of the injury to defeat DX and retain their championships.

[YOUTUBE]LZDymN7p-n8[/YOUTUBE]​

Jim Ross: "Monday Night RAW comes to you live tonight from St. Louis, Missouri! Good evening ladies & gentlemen, I'm Jim Ross, along side Jerry "The King" Lawler, and King, do we have an exciting show in store tonight."

Jerry Lawler: "You said it J.R.! Not only will Carlito and Chris Masters face off in a rematch from last night's Pay-Per-View, but we get to see Mickie James defend her Women's Championship again, this time against Melina! Yippe!"

Jim Ross: "Absolutely. It's a jam packed show tonight folks, but from what I hear, we're starting off with some serious business."

[YOUTUBE]uIgv81sNhzA[/YOUTUBE]​

Without any long intro, Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring alone still dressed in his DX gear, along to the DX theme song. Showing the affects of last nights brutal tag team match, there's a light limp to his step as he enters the ring and asks for a microphone. Once the music dies down, HBK begins to speak.

Michaels: "Now for those of you, who may not have seen the match last night, you might be wondering why I'm standing out here alone this evening. Well you see, Hunter and I got so caught up in beating the snot out of Rated RKO last night, that in the heat of the moment, he injured his knee."

The fans boo in response to Triple H's injury

Michaels: "But we all know The Game, a little pain isn't going to stop him from doing anything. So he fought on, and we tried to win those Tag Team Titles. But Edge and Randy Orton, took it upon themselves to pick Hunter's knee apart. They targeted it until he ended up with a full tear in his quad! Now he'll miss WrestleMania. Now he'll be gone for the majority of the next year."

Again, the fans let out a moan of displeasure

Michaels: "Now you could argue that what's fair is fair, I mean.. we really put a whoopin on Rated RKO. And those are the risks that come with being in this business. But that doesn't mean I have to ACT like it's fair, and I certainly don't have to just ACCEPT those risks. What I could do is finish what Triple H and I started last night, and kick Rated RKO's teeth down their throats!"

Now the crowd is getting into the speech, cheering at the idea of HBK getting some revenge

Michaels: "I may be alone out here, but let me tell ya, ol' HBK has never backed dow.."

[YOUTUBE]NJXZ1vrFj1U[/YOUTUBE]​

Rated RKO interrupts Shawn in mid-sentence, making their presence felt on the stage. Tag Team Titles in tow, their bodies too show the carnage that took place last night. Both covered in bruises and minor cuts, Randy Orton sports a supportive neck brace while Edge has a black eye and as well as Randy, has a bandage on his forehead. Despite how hurt they look, they're all smiles as their music fades away, and Randy Orton takes to the microphone.

Orton: "Yes Shawn, you're very alone! I'm sure you were about to tell all these people that no matter the odds.. the legendary Heart Break Kid always rises above and conquers his foe!"

The fans cheer, in support of Michaels

Orton: "But that won't be the case this time Michaels! That won't be the case here tonight."

Edge: "Look at it like this Shawn, you're the lucky one. We allowed you one more day of health while we were busy putting your best friend DOWN! It had to be one of you. It was only a matter of time! We told you, we told the world that we were going to take D-Generation X out once and for all! Did you think we were lying? Did you think this was a game Shawn? You messed with our lives.. our careers. And now it's time that vengeance be paid in full."

Edge nods at Orton. The duo then put their belts down, and begin walking towards the ring.

Edge: "We accomplished 50% of our goal last night, Triple H is gone. But we don't do anything half ass Shawn, and right now, we're going to COMPLETELY eliminate D-Generation X from the WWE."

And with that, Edge drops the mic. He and Orton walk towards opposite sides of the ring, and HBK tosses his mic away as well. He's outnumbered, but he's ready to fight. Edge hops up on the apron, then Randy. Like sharks they're ready to attack when suddenly..

[YOUTUBE]K2k4_n4eIU0[/YOUTUBE]​

John Cena bolts to the ring. The WWE Champion slides right in and takes place next to HBK, evening the odds. Rated RKO is quick to jump down from the ring, and retreat together at the bottom of the ramp. As John Cena's music fade away, the crowd is roaring, hoping these four will get it on right now! Edge and Randy Orton look at each other, then again hop up on the apron. HBK stares them down, serious and intense as Cena begs them to get in the ring. Hopping down again, the Tag Team Champions waive them off and start up the ramp until Mr. McMahon's Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman appears on stage with mic in hand.

Coachman: "Well, gentlemen..."

He starts, stopping for a moment and looking to the crowd which is still hot after the almost confrontation

Coachman: "I must thank you guys. You see as Mr. McMahon's Executive Assistant, I'm very busy tending to his every request on top of helping him run Monday Night RAW. But I think you just helped me make our main event this evening."

The crowd cheers, they know whats coming.

Coachman: "So later tonight.. in a non-title match.. Rated RKO will take on the pair of Shawn Michaels, and the WWE Champion, JOHN CENA!"

Edge and Orton look steamed. They pick up their tag team championships before looking back at Cena and Shawn one last time. Cena and Shawn themselves share a look, Cena is nodding, telling Shawn "I got you tonight". Shawn pats Cena on the back and begins to exit the ring. Cena points up at Rated RKO and starts shouting as we fade out to commerical with J.R. & King hyping the big tag match.

Jim Ross: "Well folks if you're just now joining us, here's what happened before the commercial break."

A clip is shown, replaying the events between Shawn Michaels, Rated RKO, & John Cena

Jim Ross: "HBK was filling everybody in on Triple H's injury that he suffered last night at the hands of Edge & Randy Orton when the Tag Team Champions decided to cut him off. They came out to, in their words, "Completely eliminate D-Generation X from the WWE" before John Cena evened the score."

Jerry Lawler: "Yeah! The Champ made the save, but Orton and Edge were too chicken to fight them fair and square."

Jim Ross: "That leads us to tonight ladies and gentlemen. By order of Jonathan Coachman, these four men will square off in a Tag Team match that might very well blow the roof off this place before it's all said and done."

[YOUTUBE]mrxTerliMtU[/YOUTUBE]​

Jerry Lawler: "Wow! Talk about blowing the roof off the place!"

Jim Ross: "The Intercontinental Champion, Jeff Hardy, fresh off his title defense last night will kick us off here in St. Louis!"

Out comes Jeff Hardy. With the Intercontinental Championship strapped around his waist, the charismatic superstar dances at the top of the stage as pyro shoots off around him. Enthusiastically making his way down the ramp, Hardy slaps hands with some fans before sliding into the ring. He hits the far corner, and poses on the second turnbuckle.

Lillian Garcia: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Currently in the ring, from Cameron, North Carolina. Weighing in at 215 pounds, he is the WWE Intercontinental Champion.. Jeff Hardy!"

Jeff hops down from the turnbuckle, removing his championship and handing it over to the referee for the match. As his music fades out, he awaits his opponent.

[YOUTUBE]xQ6ka0VEnTw[/YOUTUBE]​

Lillian Garcia: "And his opponent, accompanied to the ring by Shelton Benjamin. From Edmond, Oklahoma, weighing in at 249 pounds. He is one half of the World's Greatest Tag Team.. Charlie Haas!"

Coming through the curtain alongside his tag team partner, Charlie Haas points immediately at Jeff Hardy in the ring. Shouting at his opponent first, Charlie then begins to react to fans nearby, booing the duo as they make their way down the ramp. Once entering the ring, Haas is quick to remove his ring jacket, as he's ready to get the match with Hardy underway.

Jeff Hardy vs Charlie Haas (w/ Shelton Benjamin)
Though they start off even, Charlie Haas is quick to take the upper hand. Working more of a mat game on Hardy, holds and slams from Haas make up large part of the beginning stages of this match. Ever resilient, Jeff is able to mount a comeback, thumping Haas with some right hands before coming off the ropes, only for Haas to duck under Hardy and come up behind him. With his arms gripped around Hardy's waist, Haas takes the Intercontinental Champion up and backwards, dropping him with a German Suplex. Though the crowd was starting to get hot during the Hardy comeback, it feels as though the air has been sucked out of the arena, and Haas begins a slow methodical beat down on Hardy. Keeping his opponent on the mat, Charlie continues working the back of Jeff Hardy. Knee drops, elbow drops, and suplexes. Jeff Hardy just can't seem to catch a break. Periodically after these suplexes, Charlie Haas goes for a pin attempt, all of which to this point, Hardy has been able to kick out of. It now seems though, that Haas is ready to finish it. With Hardy getting to his feet, Haas is stalking behind him, arms open. Once Hardy is up, he claps them around his waist again, hoisting his opponent up, and dropping him back with another German Suplex. Only this time, Charlie bridges for the pin attempt, hoping to put Hardy away.

1!
2!
NO!

Hardy throws the shoulder up, falling to his side as Haas sits up in disbelief. Coming to his feet, Charlie questions the ref's count, demanding it should have been three! This momentary lapse in focus gives Jeff the opening he needs. Making his way into the corner, he pulls himself up, and just as Charlie turns around, Jeff runs up the turnbuckls, flipping back, and kicking Charlie in the head with a successful Whisper in the Wind. The fans come alive, and Jeff isn't done yet. Using the ropes to pull himself up, Jeff looks around at the roaring crowd. Exiting the ring onto the apron, Hardy removes his shirt and tosses it into the crowd. He begins his rise to the top rope, the Swanton Bomb is coming, and everybody knows it. Up to this point, Shelton Benjamin has been relatively quiet, but seeing this, he quickly jumps up to the apron and starts shouting at Hardy. The ref makes his way to police the interference, but Hardy is momentarily paused. At that moment, a masked man is seen jumping the guard rail and jumping up to the ring. Hardy notcies him too late, and is pushed off the top turnbuckle by who everybody can now see is Joey Mercury, showing the effects of the devastating face injury he suffered at Armageddon. Jeff hits the mat hard, and Mercury is quick to disappear and hide from referee view. With Shelton now back down, the ref turns to see Haas picking Hardy up off the mat, and hoisting him up for a final German Suplex. Briding into the pin once more, the ref is quick to count..

1!
2!
3!

Winner: CHARLIE HAAS

Charlie exits the ring, with Benjamin by his side, the two celebrate up the ramp. It's not too long though before Johnny Nitro comes flying past them. He slides into the ring, then Mercury as well, and the two begin stomping Jeff Hardy. The referee tries to stop them, shouting and having the bell rang over and over. But it's no use. Mercury drops down, laying into Hardy with punch after punch as Nitro continues the stomps. More referee's make their way into the ring, and the pair is forced to stop their assault. Smiling and high fiving each other, the two make their way out of the ring, and back up the ramp, leaving Hardy in the ring, a beaten man.​

Shawn Michaels is shown sitting in the lockeroom. Taping his wrists, HBK has a focused look on his face when he hears the door open. Looking up, John Cena eventually steps into view.

Cena: "Hey Shawn, I just wanted to say.."

Michaels: "I didn't need your help out there earlier."

Cena: "Excuse me?"

Michaels: "I said.."

Shawn now standing up..

Michaels: ".. I didn't need your help."

Cena: "I know. You didn't NEED my help, but you got it. I'll be damned if I just sit back here and watch those two destroy this show anymore. First Piper, then Duggan, then Flair, now Triple H. I wasn't going to let you be next."

Michaels: "You weren't going to let me? What part of 'didn't need your help' did you not understand? I don't want everybody thinking that just because Triple H isn't here to have my back, that I can't handle these punks. I'm the The Icon for a reason John. I've beaten giants, I've overcome the odds. I may be older then I used to be, but I'm not weaker."

Cena: "Fair enough Shawn. It was a personal decision on my part, to help someone that I though could use it. Now I know I'm not Triple H, but I'll be out there tonight. I'll have your back. You can count on me."

With that, John extends his hand, to which HBK quickly shakes

Cena: "Let's get these guys."

Shawn Michaels watches John as he leaves the room, before slowly sitting back down and going about his business as we go to another commercial.

Coming back from commercial, a Raw Rewind shows the events of Armageddon when the Hardy Boyz accidently shattered the nose of Joey Mercury.

Todd Grisham is seen catching up to MNM, microphone in hand.

Todd Grisham: "Guys.. guys if I could just have a moment. Joey, why did you and Johnny Nitro attack Jeff Hardy tonight? And why are you here on RAW?"

Mercury: "Come on you dweeb, something as small as different brands isn't going to keep the greatest tag team of the millenium apart. And why did we beat down Hardy? Are you serious? LOOK AT MY FACE!"

Wearing a protective black mask, Mercury glares at Todd while Nitro takes the mic.

Nitro: "Don't let what happen to us at Armageddon fool you, we're better than the Hardy Boyz. And there's no doubt that I am better than Jeff Hardy. And in time, I'll prove it, by becoming the next Intercontinental Champion!"

Feeling they've given all the reason they need, Melina leads her boys away as we get ready for the next match.

[YOUTUBE]O9-tC8W0P2w[/YOUTUBE]

Lillian Garcia: "The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall. Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 502 pounds. The team of Lance Cade, and Trevor Murdoch!"

Lance Cade leads the team down the ramp, flanked by Trevor Murdoch who's looking mean as always. Cade is first to enter the ring, with Murdoch close behind. When they reach the camera side of the ring, they both extend their arms in the air. The crowd lets them hear it though, and Cade proceeds to jaw jack with some fans while Murdoch just peers from under the bill of his hat.

Jim Ross: "Let me assure you folks, these men here Cade and Murdoch are more than your average good ol' boys. They are some mean son of a guns, and they can fight with the best of 'em."

Jerry Lawler: "Exactly right J.R., and now they're angry after coming up short last night in the Tag Team Turmoil match. I wouldn't wanna be the ones facing them tonight."

[YOUTUBE]d_Ltzv-CVK8[/YOUTUBE]​

Cryme Tyme comes out hot. Excited, they're jumping around as usual, getting the crowd just as hyped as they are.

Jim Ross: "Maybe you wouldn't King, but I don't think these young men are too scared."

Lillian Garcia: "And their opponents, from Brooklyn, New York. At a combined weight of 517 pounds. Shad Gaspard and JTG.. Cryme Tyme!

Shad and JTG don't take too long getting to the ring. While JTG hangs off the middle rope and bobs his arm to the beat of their music, Shad steps between him and their opponents for the night. Now entering the ring, JTG removes his vest and all his bling as we're about to get started.

Jim Ross: "Cryme Tyme were the winners of last nights Tag Team Turmoil match, and they're building a strong case for deserving a World Tag Team title shot."

Jerry Lawler: "If they pull out another victory here tonight, there won't be any denying these guys a shot at the gold!"

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs Cryme Tyme
Lance Cade and JTG start the match off for their respective teams. As they come in for a traditional lock up, Cade quickly lifts a knee and places it pefectly in JTG's abdomen, causing the superstar to drop to his knees. Cade stays on the attack, laying forearms into the upper back of his opponent. With this, it's easy for Cade and Murdoch to take the upperhand. The team tag in and out, taking turns to work over JTG, as well as keep him away from his partner. During this time, JTG gets in very little offense, and primarily stays on the defensive. He doesn't give up, and kicks out of every pin attempt his redneck counterparts go for. Cade continues the assault, but with the support of the crowd, JTG begins to fire back. Trying to cut him off, Cade goes for a clothesline, which JTG simply ducks. Once Cade turns around, he's caught in the face with a drop kick and hits the mat. JTG stumbles back up, and makes his way to Shad until Murdoch bull rushes in. He levels JTG with a clothesline of his own from behind. Though the referee's attention is initially on Trevor, he quickly turns to keep Shad from enterting the ring. Fuming, the big man takes his spot back on the apron. Stomping on the mat below, Shad tries to rally his partner. JTG and Cade reach their feet at the same time, again JTG seems close to a tag, but again he's cut off. Lance Cade grabs his opponent by his hair, and pulls him back. Turning him around, Cade attempts to whip JTG back to his corner, but the crafty superstar is quick to reverse. Putting on the brakes, JTG uses the momentum to jump back at Cade and level him with Da Shout Out! Now with both men prone on the mat, Murdoch and Shad are both shouting for tags. Watching each of their partners make the crawl, the tags are made simultaneously, and the two powerhouses collide in the center of the ring, trading blows back and forth, Cryme Tyme for the first time in this match has the upperhand, as Shad goes to work on Murdoch. Dropping him with a sidewalk slam, Shad goes for Cryme Tymes first pin attempt of the night.

They get the..

1!
2!
but haven't done enough to end the match.

Shad begins to pick Murdoch up, before Cade re-enters the fray. Catching Shad with a right hand, Lance continues hitting the big man until Murdoch recovers and joins in. They're able to beat Shad into a corner, all of the ref's attempts to stop the men and get Cade out of the ring have been useless. Finally tired of the ref's yelling, the two turn to scare him away, yet as he moves, JTG comes flying off the top rope, attempting to take both men down with a cross body. But Cade and Murdoch are no shrimps, and catch the smaller JTG with ease. Turning, they smile as they have their opponents right where they want them until Shad explodes from the corner, placing a put in JTG's back they helps put Cade and Murdoch down on the mat. JTG and Cade reach their feet at almost the same time, and JTG is able to force his opponent over the ropes and out of the ring with another cross body. As the two men hit the floor on the outside, Shad places a boot into the stomach of Trevor Murdoch, doubling him over before Shad lifts him up onto his shoulders. JTG slides back into the ring, charging towards his partner. He hops and catches Murdoch's head, dropping him with a neck breaker while Shad forces him down with a Samoan Drop. The duo call their combination the G9, and with Murdoch down, Shad covers him for the pin..

1!
2!
3!

Winners: CRYME TYME

The sound of applause and cheer is only trumped by the sound of Cryme Tyme's music. The team celebrate their victory, dancing a little as they exit the arena.​

Torrie Wilson is seen backstage with her puppy Chloe. After placing a cute little bow in the dog's hair, Torrie is joined by Kenny Dykstra.

Dykstra: "Now that, is an adorable dog. But no where near as adorable as you."

Lightly cupping Torrie's chin, Dkystra has a large grin on his face. Torrie seems unimpressed, and picks Chloe up.

Wilson: "Heh, hi Kenny."

Dykstra: "So tell me, what did you think of the match last night?"

Wilson: "Which match?"

Dykstra: "Which match.. ? How about the one where I defeated 16 time World Champion Ric Flair!?"

Wilson: "Ohhh right. Yeah I didn't catch that one."

His grin long gone, Kenny now seems a little offended.

Dykstra: "Really now? Well tell me how it is you have no time to watch the future of the WWE, Kenny Dykstra, but have plenty of time to prance around the ring with that loser island boy?"

Scoffing, Torrie seems pretty taken back by Dykstra's words.

Wilson: "Well Kenny. You're just.. not that cool."

Dykstra: "I'm not cool!? Are you kidding?"

Carlito then steps into frame, apple in hand. He takes a large bite out of his fruit and just chews while he stares at Kenny with a grin on his face. The crowd waits for Carlito to spit the chewed up apple into Dykstra's face, but Carlito only winks. He puts his arm around Torrie, and together they turn exit, leaving Dykstra alone and a bit frustrated.

Jerry Lawler: "Haha, sorry Kenny! Some guys just have all the luck."

Jim Ross: "That may be so, but Carlito will need a lot more than luck for his New Years Revolution rematch with Chris Masters. And it looks like that match is coming up next."

Coming back from commercial break, J.R. & King run down the advertisers for tonights show.

Jim Ross: "Now hold on folks, business is about to pick up."

[YOUTUBE]yFIJq2XrXEE[/YOUTUBE]

Lillian Garcia: "The following contest is a New Year's Revolution rematch, and it is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring, accompanied by Torrie Wilson. From The Caribbean, weighing in at 230 pounds.. Carlito!

With Torrie Wilson on his arm, Carlito confidently makes his way to the ring. With one bite already missing from his apple, Carlito tosses the fruit over to the referee before removing his shirt and tossing it into the crowd. Though he lost last night, there remains a smile on his face. That is, until his opponents music begins to play. Going from Torrie to the stage, Carlito now watches on through serious eyes.

[YOUTUBE]CaRj4FTarM8[/YOUTUBE]​

Masters is caught by the spot light, cloaked on the stage in a knelt position. He slowly begins to pose along with his music, pyro soon going off around him with each new pose. A minute passes before he begins his march towards the ring.

Lillian Garcia: "Introducing his opponent. From Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 265 pounds. "The Masterpiece".. Chris Masters!"

Carlito (w/ Torrie Wilson) vs Chris Masters
Even though they faced off just 24 hours ago, the match starts with a feeling out process. Both men trying to figure out the best way to start the match off in their favor. Eventually they'd both come in for a lock up. Masters', be the stronger of the two, would soon take control and force Carlito into the corner. With both men still locked up, the ref would call for the break. Masters would slowly pull back, before catching Carlito with a slap across the face. Carlito would jump out of the corner, connecting a few punches on his former tag team partner until Masters pushed him back into the corner and caught him with a few punches of his own. Grabbing ahold of his opponent, Masters would soon whip Carlito across the ring to the opposite corner. Following close behind, Masters would soon lose Carlito, who quickly ran up and back flipped out of the corner. Turning, Masters would then charge Carlito and go for a clothesline. The Caribbean star would duck under though, and as Masters came back off the opposing ropes, Carlito would springboard off the ropes nearest him and fly back, catching his opponent in the face with an elbow. With both Torrie and entire crowd cheering him on, Carlito goes for the quick cover.

1!
Then Carlito his thrown away by The Masterpiece, he doesn't even stay down for 2.

Carlito and Masters are both quick to make it back up, and hoping to stay on offense, Carlito rushes towards Masters. But Chris comes forth as well, and drops Carlito with a shoulder block. Rubbing his jaw, an arrogant look takes over Masters face, and he drops down, placing a knee in Carlito's chest for a pin attempt of his own.

1!
2!
..but Carlito won't be that easy to put away either.

The Masterpiece then drops down and wraps his arms around Carlito. Picking him up off the ground and off his feet, Chris now his opponent up in a bearhug submission. It's not too long before Carlito is letting out short yells in pain. Carlito refuses to tap, but the pressure only gets tighter as the large arms of The Masterpiece are slowly forcing all air out of Carlito's body. But the young superstar isn't ready to accept defeat, and starts slamming elbows into Masters head. With his opponent dazed, Carlito then placed some elbows into his opponents shoulder to weaken the grip, then wrapped his arm around Masters head, quickly dropping him to the mat with a DDT. The crowd rallying back with Carlito, he rolls Masters over and goes for another pin.

1!
2!
Just short!

Masters forces his arm up, preventing his foe from getting any kind of revenge. Carlito stand back up, looking down at Masters who still lay flat on the mat. Approaching the ropes, Carlito grips the top rope and hops up, spingboarding back and hitting a perfect moonsault. The crowd popping up to their feet, Carlito goes for yet another pin.

1!
2!
3?

No! Masters gets his shoulder up at the LAST split second. Carlito brings his hands up, running them through his hair. Knowing what he has to do to finally conquer The Masterpiece, Carlito comes to his feet. The fans know he's just waiting to hit his Back Stabber..

"GET OFF ME!"

Carlito turns, seeing Torrie trying to get out from under Kenny Dykstra's arm. He turns, leaning over the ropes and yelling at Dykstra to let go of his girl. Kenny raises his arms up, acting as if like nothing was going on when out of no where, Carlito finds himself clinched in the Master Lock! Bringing his opponent to the center of the ring, Masters throws Carlito back and forth, and it isn't too long until the superstar passes out.

Winner: CHRIS MASTERS

Even after the bells rung and his music is playing, Masters keeps Carlito in the hold for a few more second, before finally tossing him to the mat. He takes a few steps back, watching as Torrie Wilson comes in to check on Carlito. Kenny is caught at the top of the ramp laughing. As Masters exits the ring, we now cut to J.R. & King.​

Images of last nights brutal Tag Team Title match are shown as J.R. & King detail Triple H's injury. Jim Ross confirms The Game will out for up to 8 months, and that everybody here in WWE wishes him a speedy recovery.

[YOUTUBE]WO0SxyBb8kA[/YOUTUBE]​

Finlay comes straight out the curtain. No fancy entrance or pyro, the veteran only carries a shillelagh with him to the ring, ready to do serious damange at any time.

Jim Ross: "However folks, the show goes on for us here on Monday Night RAW. After the break, the fighting Irishman Finlay, is in action!"

Finlay is seen entering the ring. He glares into the audience, a firm grip on his weapon, as we fade out to commercial.

As we come back, Finlay's music is slowly fading out. He looks around at the fans, the majority of which are booing him.

[YOUTUBE]VZ7fhYarBpI[/YOUTUBE]​

The boos in the arena turn to cheers as the exciting and fan friendly Super Crazy makes his way onto the stage.

Lillian Garcia: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring, hailing from Tulancingo, Hidalgo, Mexico. Weighing in at 210 pounds.. Super Crazy!"

The camera then pans back to Finaly.

Lillian Garcia: "And currently in the ring, his opponent. From Belfast, Ireland, weighing in at 233 pounds.. Finlay!"

Finlay vs Super Crazy
The bell rings, and Finlay charges in. He corners Super Crazy into the turnbuckles, and starts the beat down. The ref tries pulling him away, but once Finlay starts walking towards the ref, he turns quiet and backs away. Turning back, Finlay is caught by a chop from Super Crazy, then another. Before the fans can even get behind the Mexican superstar, Finlay cuts him off with a stiff body punch. Then a second, then a third... then a fourth and a fifth. Finaly hooks up both of Crazy's arms and flips him down to the mat with a Butterfly suplex. Finlay goes for a harsh pin, placing his forearm in Crazy's face.

1!
2!
..but Super Crazy is still fighting.

Finlay doesn't hesitate, he brings Super Crazy up off the mat, and violently throws him to the nearest corner. Crazy's back meets the tunbuckles, but the force of the impact sends him back down to the mat. Finlay reaches down, pulling Crazy up by the head, and quickly fitting his head under his arm. Tight to Finlay's body, Crazy is in front face lock and soon finds himelf lifted into the air, and dropped down with a vertical Suplex in the center of the ring. Finlay floats over into another pin.

1!
2!
..still no!

For the first time, Finlay seems a little angry. He expected to put Super Crazy away a lot quicker than this. Standing up, he slowly walks to the corner where he left his shillelagh. Turning, he's met by the ref, who's yelling in his face to get rid of the weapon. Finlay cocks back, prepared to clock the ref before he ducks away. Re-focued, Finlay continues forward, waiting for Super Crazy to rise. Once he reaches his feet, Finlay brings the weapon up, only for it to be yanked away by the referee. Finlay turns and becomes very vocal, screaming at the ref for sticking his nose in his business, promising he'll pay. Turning back to finish Super Crazy, all Finlay can do is widen his eyes as Super Crazy comes crashing down on top of him with a moonsault from the top rope. Landing on top of Finlay, Super Crazy pulls up the Irishman's legs.

1!
2!
3!

Winner: SUPER CRAZY

The crowd can't believe it! Neither can Super Crazy. Neither.. can Finlay. As the superstar quickly rolls out of the ring, Finlay comes up to a knelt position with a stunned look on his face. Seeing the referee raise Super Crazy's arm on the ramp, Finlay comes up to his feet and yells out in frustration. A replay is show, which Finlay watches, and he can't believe it. Exiting the ring, he grabs his shillelagh and hits the ring with it a couple of times before leaving.​

As we go backstage, Mr. McMahon has his back to the camera until Coachman enters.

Coachman: "Sir, everything is going smoothly so far tonight. Another great show."

Turning, Vince is seen reading a tabloid..

Coachman: "Sir.."

McMahon: "I'm just reading up on this Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell feud. These celebrities will do anything to feed their ego's and get attention.

Coachman: *chuckles* "They sure do sir."

There's a pause in the conversation before Vince closes the magazine

McMahon: "Coach!"

Coachman: "Ye.. yes sir?"

McMahon: "Get me Leno."

Coachman: "Leno, sir?"

McMahon: "Jay Leno damn it! Get me Leno, get me Access Hollywood, get me on E!"

Coachman: "What for sir?"

Vince looks down at the tabloid, then back to his assistant

McMahon: "Let the world know, that next week, LIVE on Monday Night RAW. Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell come face to face."

Vince slams the magazine into Coach's chest and struts away. Confused, Coach looks down at the magazine, that show Trump and O'Donnell on the cover, then back up in the direction Vince walked away in.

Jerry Lawler: "Donald Trump.. and Rosie O'Donnell.. here on RAW!?"

Jim Ross: "While we try to make sense of that, here's Todd Grisham with two special guests."

Jerry Lawler: "The Donald J.R.!"

We go to Grisham backstage

Todd Grisham: "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce my guests at this time.. Shad and JTG, Cryme Tyme."

JTG: "Shyeah!"

Todd Grisham: "Guys, you were successful again here tonight after a victorious outing last night at New Year's Revolution. You're technically the number one contenders. How much longer until you get your title match?"

Shad: "Todd, knowing Rated RKO, it could be weeks.. MONTHS.. before we get our title match."

Todd Grisham: "Are you saying they're scared?"

Shad: "Everybody scared Todd, but I mean after seeing what DX did to them last night... they'll be in no condition to defend those titles anytime soon."

The crowd pops at the mention of Rated RKO's misfortune

Shad: "But trust me my man, we don't need a 'match' to get those tag team belts... if ya know what I'm sayin."

Shad and JTG both nod and point at each other

JTG: "Straight up. And after our boy Cena gets his hands on them tonight.. they'll be too black and blue to do anything about it. Hey hey.. then we'll be in the green."

Cryme Tyme: "Cuz we'll get that money money, yeah yeah. A that money money, yeah yeah.."

The crowd begins to chant along

Cryme Tyme: "A that money money, yeah yeah. That money money..."

NO! NO!

Cryme Tyme and Grisham look over, their faces turn serious as Rated RKO step into frame. Now in their gear, they display their World Tag Team Championships proudly on their shoulders.

Edge is chuckling, as Randy Orton stares the men down intently

Orton: "Do you two, actually THINK you deserve to be in the ring with us?"

The crowd boos Rated RKO for ruining their fun

Orton: "You guys truly believe that just because you have a couple of cute wins over a couple of average tag teams.. that you can take on the most dangerous force in the history of Monday Night RAW? Look around gentlemen.. you see Roddy Piper anywhere? You see Triple H anywhere?"

Edge: "Haha, nope."

Orton: "Damn right you don't! We eliminated two LEGENDS, and enjoyed doing it. We're going to do the same thing to Shawn Michaels tonight! How about you two sit back, quit all your goofing around, and watch that match. Then do me a favor, and realize, that you will never.. be worthy of facing Rated RKO."

Orton starts walking away, Edge close behind. The Rated R Superstar grabs one of the necklaces hanging from JTG's neck and raises it up, giving it a look over. JTG pulls his head back, pulling the bling from Edge's possesion. Edge gives another light laugh as he and Orton go off screen, and we go into another commercial break.

Jim Ross: "Welcome back everyone to Monday Night RAW! And what a night it's been so far! But we're not done yet King."

Jerry Lawler: "Not even close J.R. Look at this main event we still have in store later tonight."

Jim Ross: "There's not doubt about it, that one is gonna be a slobber knocker. But before we can get to that, we have a bit of diva's action."

[YOUTUBE]PPdBLdT0zwg[/YOUTUBE]​

Jerry Lawler: "Woohoo! Finally!"

Melina struts onto the stage. With a mob of paparazzi welcoming her with their flash bulbs, the Diva takes time to pose before continuing down the red carpeted ramp.

Lillian Garcia: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the Women's Championship! Making her way to the ring, from Los Angeles, California.. Melina!"

After entering the ring as only Melina can, she's quick to rip the microphone away from Lillian.

Melina: "Mickie.. you may have gotten the best of Victoria and I last night. But tonight is my turn. I won't fail Mickie. I won't leave without the Women's Championship."

The fans groan at the idea of Melina becoming champion

Melina: "You see dear Mickie, just like MNM is the BEST Tag Team of the millenium.. you are looking at the best DIVA of the millenium!"

The fans disagree with Melina

Melina: "I'm better than Trish! I'm better than Chyna, better than Lita! I'm better than you Mickie!"

Melina returns the microphone to Lillian and backs into a corner, waiting for the champion.

[YOUTUBE]3BraIdffZMw[/YOUTUBE]​

Jerry Lawler: "Heeeere's Mickie!"

James comes hopping out. Full of energy and ready to compete, she brings with her the Women's Championship.

Lillian Garcia: "And her opponent, from Richmond, Virgina. She is the WWE Women's Champion.. Mickie James!"

Once presented with the belt, the referee shows Melina the championship, before turning and holding it up for the crowd to see. And with the ring of the bell, this championship match is underway.

Women's Championship
Melina vs Mickie James (C)
From the moment the match starts, it's apparent how opposite the two competitors are. Melina, the hungry challenger ready to prove herself and Mickie, the confident champion riding a wave of momentum. The two meet center ring. Mickie is quick to take control of the lock up, and soon apply a wrist lock to her opponent, taking full control of her by her arm. Ready to show the champion up, Melina twists under her arm before delivering a kick to Mickie's stomach and taking control, now catching her in the wrist lock. Melina doesn't stop there though, and continues to swing kicks into Mickie's abdomen. Following three kicks, Mickie has dropped, but Melina maintains control by the wrist. Forcing her down, Melina goes for her first cover. After only a 1 count, Mickie shoots up the arm that Melina currently has hold up, but the challenger has found her target. Slamming the arm back to the ground, Melina then leaps in the air, and with her grip still on Mickie's wrist, brings both her knees down onto her opponent's arm. Screaming in agony, the champion is hurt. Melina spends the next couple of minutes working James' arm. Bending it around the ring ropes, stomping it, even some basic arm submissions. But Mickie, ever the fighting champion, refuses to tap. At one point, Mickie fights up from the mat while Melina has a top wrist lock applied. With her free hand, Mickie throws some wild punches, but they connect. With Melina's grip lost, Mickie takes control and whips Melina across the ring. Upon her opponents return, Mickie leaps in the air, and floors Melina to the mat with a Thez Press. More wild punches ensue, and Mickie is heating up. Getting back to her feet per the ref's request to stop punching, Mickie waits for Melina to rise, then catches her with diving clothesline. Then another, then as Mickie goes for a third, Melina's flexibility comes in hand as she kicks up and connects with Mickie's injured arm, sending the diva back down. Melina figures now is as good a time as any to go for another cover

1!
2!
..but there's still fight left in the champion

Melina, not moving as quick after the unexpected comeback from Mickie, gets her opponent up and moves her to the corner. Taking her to the top, it seems as if Melina might be going for a superplex, a rarity in diva's matches. But Melina is bound and determined to take that Women's championship. With both diva's now perched on the top, Mickie begins to fight back. But Melina is quick to throw some punches into Mickie's arm which at this point is as big and glaring as any target could be as Mickie tries to keep it close to her body. With the control regained, Melina tosses Mickie's arm over her shoulder then lifts her up. The two soon hit the awaiting mat below, and the crowd can't believe it. Melina's gone for broke, and now reaching over, she lays her upperbody across Mickie for the win attempt.

ONE!
TWO!
THR.. KICK OUT!

The crowd is estatic! Melina is furious. She slaps the mat a few times, bordering a tempertantrum. But Melina goes back on the attack. Lifting Mickie from the mat Melina bends her opponent back and lets out a victorious scream. But before she can plant Mickie with her flexible leg drop, Mickie shoots her own leg up, catching Melina in the head with a kick. Melina had Micke bent so far back, that once she let go, Mickie hit the mat. But she recovers, quickly getting to her feet and letting another kick lead her, right into Melina's stomach. With her challenger doubled over, Mickie grasped onto her head with her good arm, and signaled for the high angle Mickie DDT. As she jumps in the air, Melina shoves her off. But Mickie falls back to her feet and maintains balance. Melina quickly dives low though, hooking her arm around Mickie legs and forcing her down for a quick school boy pin attempt. Mickie continues the momentum however, and rolls up to her feet. With Melina now prone in a knelt position, James fires back, and connects with a Mick Kick! Melina drops, and the champion jumps on the opening by hooking her leg.

1!
2!
3!

Winner and STILL Women's Champion: MICKIE JAMES

As Mickie's music plays once more, this time in triumph, she pushes up to her knees. An expression of relief and joy over take her face. As the Women's Championship is handed back to her, Mickie rises, and with her bad arm still held tight to her body, has her good arm raised in victory.​

Jim Ross: "Another huge title defense for Mickie James. She's putting together quite the reign."

Jerry Lawler: "As happy as I am for Mickie.. I'm sad to see her go."

Jim Ross: "Well cheer up King! Because it's almost that time folks. We're taking another break in the action, then we'll be coming back to you with our big tag team main event. It's Rated RKO vs Shawn Michaels and John Cena. And it's next!"

Jerry Lawler: "I can't wait!"

With her arms held high, and the Women's Championship hoisted above her head, Mickie James celebrates her victory as we go to break.

Jim Ross: "Before we get our last match of the night here underway, let's show you how this all came about."

Again we're shown a clip from earlier tonight

Jerry Lawler: "HBK kicked off our show hoping to shed some light on his future now that Triple H has been sidelined. But Rated RKO couldn't let Shawn have his moment."

Jim Ross: "These guys have become bullies. But tonight they may just finally get what's comin to 'em. Also ladies and gentlemen, we got word during the break of another championship match that will be taking place here on Monday Night RAW."

Jerry Lawler: "Well Charlie Haas may not have won under the most honorable of circumstances, but a win over the Intercontinental Champion is a feat no body can ignore."

Jim Ross: "And as such, Jonathan Coachman has made this match next week."

A graphic is shown of next week's title match

Jim Ross: "It's the opportunity of a life time for Charlie Haas when we roll into Louisiana. He'll challenge Intercontinental Champion, Jeff Hardy, for the gold!"

[YOUTUBE]NJXZ1vrFj1U[/YOUTUBE]

Smoke floods the stage. Suddenly the two men that collectively form Rated RKO appear with their championships in tow. Though there bodies show the image of battered warriors, the duo still seem a bit cocky.

Lillian Garcia: "The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall. Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 495 pounds. They are the World Tag Team Champions, Edge and Randy Orton.. Rated RKO!

Edge and Orton show off their championship gold, taking a moment to pose in the ring as their belts glow in the spot light.

Jim Ross: "It was an up hill battle last night for these young men, but ultimately they were able to defeat D-Generation X. Now tonight, they're faced with the challenge of not only trying to defeat Shawn Michaels again, but as well as the WWE Champion, John Cena."

[YOUTUBE]uIgv81sNhzA[/YOUTUBE]

Again, Shawn Michaels is all business. Not dancing and no pyro display, Shawn marches to the ring like a man on a mission.

Lillian Garcia: "Introducing the opponents. First, from San Antonio, Texas, weighing in at 225 pounds. The Heartbreak Kid.. Shawn...."

Shawn is itching to get his hands on Rated RKO, and rather then waiting for Cena, he immediately slides into the ring, and begins trading blows back and forth with both Edge and Randy Orton. Lillian flees the ring, and the match has yet to officially start. Initially holding his own, the numbers game gets the best of HBK, and he finds himself on the losing end of a 2 on 1 assault.

The fans boo are heavy, but they soon begin to chant... "CENA! CENA! CENA! CENA!..."

[YOUTUBE]K2k4_n4eIU0[/YOUTUBE]​

Like a house of fire, The Champ comes roaring down the ramp. Dropping his WWE Championship before he slides into the ring, he throws his hat directly at Randy Orton, then starts laying into Edge. Cena then is forced to go back and forth, between Orton and Edge until HBK recovers and clothelines Orton out of the ring. With only Cena and Edge in the ring, the ref officially starts the match.

Rated RKO vs Shawn Michaels & John Cena
It becomes very obvious very quick, that this 'match' is going to be more of a fight. Cena starts the match in full control of Edge. Orton eventually separates from HBK and re-enters the ring. He jumps on Cena, and along with Edge, the two double team The Champ. The ref tries removing Orton, before Michaels comes in. Assuming it would be easier to get Michaels out of the ring then an engaged Orton, the ref turns his attentions towards him, finally forcing Shawn to his corner. While this takes place, Edge and Orton get Cena to their corner, and Edge continues the attack. With Cena pinned against the turnbuckles, he's faced with Edge, and has Orton behind him on the corner. Blocking a punch from the Rated R Superstar, Cena throws one of his own, then an elbow back at Orton, then another punch at Edge, then a second elbow into Orton. He then fights his way out of the corner, Edge now hitting the mat with each punch Cena connects. Edge comes up quick after a few drops, and charges in with a clothesline. But Cena ducks under, and with Edge coming back at him off the ropes, Cena is quick to turn his hips and hook Edge's arm, forcing him back down to the mat with a hip toss. Cena, always looking for the win, goes for a quick cover.

1!
2!
..but Edge can't be put away that easy.

Cena gets back to his feet, and with the crowd already hot, HBK is demanding the tag. Looking down at Edge, then over to his partner, Cena then looks to the crowd, almost for permission to tag out. The crowd roars, and Cena obliges, slapping Shawn's outreached hand, and here comes the Showstopper. Storming in, HBK flies out and drops Edge with a forearm. He rolls to his feet, and as Edge reaches his, begings placing fists into his opponents forehead. Backing him up with punches, Shawn eventually forces Edge off the ropes and sends him across the ring. As Edge comes back, Shawn lifts him up, then crotches him down to his knee with an Atomic Drop. While Edge grabs at his groin, Shawn turns and hits the ropes, only for a well timed knee from Orton on the outside to meet his lower back. As HBK stumbles away from the ropes, and the ref marches over to scold Orton, Edge takes this chance and tackles his opponent to the mat. Mounted on top of Shawn, Edge rains down strikes into his opponents head. Cena's yelling for the ref's attention, and eventually tries to enter the ring himself. But Orton points out Cena's interference, which causes the ref to leave his corner, and force Cena back into his. Orton uses the distraction to enter the ring and help Edge assault HBK, before helping him drag him back to his corner. Slapping his hands in the air, Orton fakes a tag while Edge exits the ring. Taking over the assault, Orton keeps Shawn grounded with methodical stomps, dropping them all over his body. Orton goes for the cover, and tries to get an early win.

1!
2!
..Shawn just gets the shoulder up.

Cena is reaching as far as he can, hoping maybe some how, some way he can make the tag. Orton notices, and lifts up Shawn's arm, faking him reaching for a tag.

"COME ON! YOU'RE SO CLOSE!"

Orton laughs then continues bringing Shawn up off the mat, but Shawn brings something up with him. A knife edge chop stops Orton in his tracks, then Shawn explodes up with another. Coming up to his feet, HBK connects a third and a fourth chop. Orton now back tracking, HBK charges forward and tackles Orton through the ropes, the two men soon hitting the floor. Edge hops down from his corner and starts making his way over to them, but Cena spots him and goes to cut him off. They meet near Orton and Shawn's laid out bodies and start trading blows. Cena takes the upper hand as Shawn rolls back into the ring. With Edge holding himself up on the barricade, Cena helps Orton up off the floor, then grabs Edge and holds the Tag Team Champions close together as HBK catapults himself over the ropes and crashes into both men taking them to the ground. John steps away on impact and turns, roaring along with the crowd as Shawn again slides back into the ring. HBK and The Champ have regained control as we go into a commercial break.

Getting back to the action, things look alot different then they did before the break. Edge has Shawn in the ring, keeping him on the mat with a leg scissors applying pressure to his abdomen. A replay is shown of Rated RKO recoving from Shawn's high flying attack and jumping Cena on the outside. They throw him into the stairs, then re-enter the ring and jump on HBK. Cena is on his knee's now down by the ring steps as Edge wears down his partner. Shawn starts dragging his body and Edge's towards the ropes. He's looking to break the hold, and Edge knows it. He leans up and throws some punches into Shawn's back, hoping to slow him down, and though they work for a moment, he continues his trek towards freedom. Edge realizes this and releases the hold. Getting up, he grabs onto Shawns foot and tries to drag him back to the center of the ring, but Shawn kicks him away with his free foot. The Rated R Superstar hits the mat, and Shawn grabs the ropes. Trying to pull himself up to his feet, Shawn is cut off again as Edge grabs his foot. Using the ropes he hops up and kicks Edge in the chest with his free foot again. He stumbles back, and with a frustrated look, marches towards his opponent again. This time Shawn full on pushes Edge back, and when his opponent comes at him yet again, HBK catches him by surprise, dropping him with some Sweet Chin Music out of no where! The crowd comes alive! Michaels, now hanging on the ropes again, isn't able to go for the pin as quickly as he'd like. But he soon drops to the mat and crawls over to Edge, hooking up a leg.

1!
2!
ALMOST!

Edge shoots his arm up, and the crowd groans. Both men center ring now turn and face their corners. Cena brings himself back up to the apron, and is begging for the tag. They crawl further and further apart until Edge is able to tag Orton. Randy comes in, and can't take any more than 3 steps before HBK leaps and slaps his partners hand. The crowd roaring once more, Cena charges Orton and drops him with a diving shoulder tackle. Randy gets up, then gets dropped with another. A third shoulder tackle connects before Orton gets up and takes a swing at The Champ. Cena ducks and comes up behind Orton, quickly lifting him up. He spins him out and drops him to the mat before popping back up to his feet with his hand in the air. The fans know whats coming, and Cena leans over in Orton's face letting him know that 'he can't see him'. John hits the ropes, and unbeknownst to him, Shawn reaches out and tags him on the back. Cena carries on, and eventually connects the 5-Knuckle-Shuffle. He waits for Orton to rise, and once his groggy opponent turns to face him, The Champ lifts him up to his shoulders, and the audience all come to their feet. At this point, a worn out HBK has made his way back into the ring, waiting for Cena to realize he's the legal man. The ref is shouting at Cena, signaling a tag was made. This pause allows Orton to wiggle out and fall to his feet behind Cena. John turns to find Randy. Randy turns to escape John. A surprised Orton then ducks away from HBK who has exploded from the corner with a Sweet Chin Music, and ends up hitting his own partner. Cena drops to the mat, and the fans all gasp. Shawn comes to a stop. Staring down at John, he brings his hands up to his head in disbelief. Then, before he can figure out what to do, Orton jumps up out of no where, and grabbing onto HBK's head, rams him down into the mat with a vicious RKO! With a chorus of boo's ringing through the arena, Orton hooks up both of Shawn's legs for the pin.

1!
2!
3!

Winners: RATED RKO

Orton sits up with a smile, and soon Edge is seen sliding into the ring with their World Tag Team Championships. He helps Orton up, then hands him his belt before the ref takes hold of both their arms and raise them into the air in victory. Orton places his belt over his shoulder, standing tall in the ring with his giant smile as Edge steps up onto the middle turnbuckle and begins to brag to the crowd. As he shouts, a replay of how the match ended is shown. As Rated RKO begin the victory stroll up the ramp, Cena has come to, and HBK is just now getting to his feet. The Champ is holding his jaw, asking Shawn "What the hell happened?". He initially tires to explain, then just looks down in frustration as he holds his neck. As RAW goes off the air, Rated RKO pose at the top of the stage in all their glory, tag belts held high. John Cena and Shawn Michaels are left in the ring, trying to figure out how it all went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back