ThatWeirdGuy presents WWE 2008

ThatWeirdGuy

Dark Match Winner
Well this is my first project on this forum, and 2008 post Wrestlemania 24 was a time that interested me, so this is my spin on it. Enjoy!

Click Spoiler for Wrestlemania 24 results.
Wrestlemania 24 Results

Belfast Brawl - JBL def. Finlay
Money in the Bank Ladder Match - CM Punk def. Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, Carlito, John Morrison, Mr Kennedy & MVP
Smackdown vs Raw - Batista (Smackdown) def. Umaga (Raw)
ECW Championship Match - Kane def. Chavo Guerrero ©
Career Threatening Match - Shawn Michaels def. Ric Flair
Playboy Bunnymania Lumberjills Match - Beth Phoenix and Melina def. Ashley and Maria
WWE Championship Match - Randy Orton © def. Triple H and John Cena
Floyd "Money" Mayweather def. The Big Show
World Heavyweight Championship Match - The Undertaker def. Edge ©

Rosters

Monday Night Raw

WWE Champion:
Randy Orton
(Defeated Triple H, No Mercy, October 7, 2007)

Intercontinental Champion:
Chris Jericho
(Defeated Jeff Hardy, Raw, March 10, 2008)

World Tag Team Champions:
Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly
(Defeated Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, Raw, December 10, 2007)

Women's Champion:
Beth Phoenix
(Defeated Candice Michelle, No Mercy, October 7, 2007)

Brian Kendrick - Face
Carlito - Heel
Charlie Haas - Heel
Chris Jericho - Face
Cody Rhodes - Face
DH Smith - Face
Hardcore Holly - Face
John Bradshaw Layfield - Heel
John Cena - Face
JTG - Face
Lance Cade - Heel
Mr Kennedy - Heel
Paul London - Face
Randy Orton – Heel
Robbie McCallister – Heel
Rory McCallister - Heel
Santino Marella – Heel
Shad Gaspard - Face
Shawn Michaels - Face
Snitsky - Heel
Super Crazy - Face
Trevor Murdoch - Heel
Triple H - Face
Umaga – Heel
Val Venis - Face

Divas

Ashley Massaro - Face
Beth Phoenix – Heel
Candice Michelle - Face
Maria - Face
Melina - Heel
Michelle McCool - Heel
Mickie James - Face
Victoria – Heel

On Screen Personalities

General Manager – William Regal
Play-by-Play – Jim Ross
Colour – Jerry “The King” Lawler
Ring Announcer – Lillian Garcia
Backstage Interviewers – Todd Grisham & Maria

Teams

Carlito & Santino
Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly
Cryme Tyme (JTG & Shad)
Londrick (Paul London & Brian Kendrick)
The Highlanders (Rory & Robbie McCallister)
The Redneck Wrecking Crew (Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch)

Friday Night Smackdown

World Heavyweight Champion:
The Undertaker
(Defeated Edge, Wrestlemania 24, March 31, 2008)

United States Champion:
Montel Vontavious Porter
(Defeated Chris Benoit, Judgement Day, May 20, 2007)

WWE Tag Team Championships:
The Miz & John Morrison
(Defeated Matt Hardy & MVP, Smackdown, November 13, 2007)

Batista – Face
Big Show – Heel
Chavo Guerrero – Heel
Chuck Palumbo – Heel
Curt Hawkins – Heel
Deuce – Heel
Domino – Heel
Edge – Heel
Festus - Face
Finlay – Face
Funaki – Face
Gregory Helms – Injured – Heel
Hornswoggle - Face
Jamie Noble – Face
Jesse – Face
Jimmy Wang Yang – Face
John Morrison – Heel
Mark Henry – Heel
Matt Hardy - Face
Montel Vontavious Porter – Heel
Rey Mysterio – Injured – Face
Shannon Moore – Face
The Miz – Heel
The Undertaker – Face
Zack Ryder - Heel

Divas

Cherry – Manager of Deuce ‘N Domino
Eve Torres – Backstage Interviewer

On Screen Personalities

General Manager – Vickie Guerrero
Play-by-Play – Michael Cole
Colour – Jonathon Coachman
Ring Announcer – Tony Chimel
Backstage Interviewer – Eve Torres & Josh Matthews

Tag Teams

Deuce ‘N Domino
Edgeheads (Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder)
Finlay & Hornswoggle
Jesse & Festus
La Familia (Edge, Vickie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder)
The Miz & John Morrison
Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang

ECW

ECW Champion:
Kane
(Defeated Chavo Guerrero, Wrestlemania 24, March 31, 2008)

Balls Mahoney – Face
Big Daddy V – Heel
CM Punk – Mr Money in the Bank - Face
Colin Delaney – Face
Elijah Burke – Heel
Kane – Face
Kofi Kingston – Face
Matt Striker - Heel
Mike Knox – Heel
Nunzio – Face
Shelton Benjamin - Heel
Stevie Richards – Face
The Boogeyman – Face
Tommy Dreamer – Face

On Screen Personalities

General Manager - Armando Alejandro Estrada
Play-by-Play – Joey Styles
Colour Mick Foley
Ring Announcer – Justin Roberts
Backstage Interviewer – Kelly Kelly

Teams

Big Daddy V & Matt Striker
Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney

Click Spolier for Developmental Talents
Developmental Roster

Matt Sydal
Monty Brown
Petey Williams
Primo Colon
Ted DiBiase Jr
TJ Wilson
Vladimir Kozlov​

Pay-Per-View Schedule

Backlash - April 27, 2008 -1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD
2008 WWE Draft - May 5th 2008
Judgement Day - May 18, 2008 - Qwest Center, Omaha, NE
Vengeance: Night of Champions - June 29, 2008 - American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
The Great American Bash - July 20, 2008 - Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
Summerslam - August 17, 2008 - Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN

Monday Night Raw Preview
April 1, 2008
Bright House Networks Stadium, Orlando Florida

Just one night removed from the grand spectacle that was Wrestlemania 24, the WWE prepares to move forwards, but in doing so, it has to say goodbye to one of it's greatest legends. In an emotionally charged match, Shawn Michaels defeated "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair in a match that ended Flair's career. Tonight, Ric Flair says his goodbyes to the WWE as we all celebrate the illustrious career of "The Nature Boy". Shawn Michaels has declared that he will not be in attendance tonight, as he "blames himself" for the end of Ric Flair's career.

The other huge Raw match last night was the WWE Championship Match, where long time reigning champion Randy Orton overcame two of the WWE's top stars Triple H and John Cena in a huge Triple Threat Match. Many thought that Wrestlemania would be the end of the Age of Orton, but Orton shocked all when he pinned John Cena to retain his title. Tonight though, there is no rest for the champion, as Raw General Manager William Regal has placed him in a blockbuster Champion vs Champion Main EVent against the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho!

At Wrestlemania, the Women's Champion Beth Phoenix alongside Melina defeated Ashley and Raw Backstage Interviewer Maria in a Playboy Bunnymania Match. Tonight, we get the fall out of that bout as Melina takes on Ashley.

Also, Mr Kennedy will be in action against Val Venis, and Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly defend their World Tag Team Championships against Carlito & Santino Marella!

Confirmed for Raw:

Ric Flair's Retirement Speech

Champion vs Champion
WWE Champion Randy Orton vs Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho

World Tag Team Championship Match
Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly © vs Carlito & Santino Marella

Mr Kennnedy vs Val Venis

Melina vs Ashley

Reactions: IHW
Looking forward to this Weird Guy, you have a really nice roster to work off and I hope to see some original feuds and rivalries that we didn't get in this period. If I wasn't doing my current thread, this would be the time period I would love to book as I feel the entire company was a lot stronger talent wise and the WWE didn't push some potential stars (Kennedy, MVP, Cade, Helms and a heel Carlito). You also have some great champions to work off with a solid mid card and main event scene set out for you. At this point, the tag division needed some work but you have the chance to form some unique teams (alongside the underrated 'Lito and Santino) or bring in some teams that would have been perfect for the division at this time. Most of all I hope to see Orton continue his reign, 'Taker put someone over and fade into the background and Y2J and MVP to put some life into the Intercontinental and United States pictures. Best of luck mate, looking forward to the first show.

this looks good ill have to keep up with it and see if it lives up to how i think its gonna be you have alot of good people to work with goodluck with it weird guy.

RawBanner.png

Monday Night Raw
April 1, 2008
Bright House Networks Stadium, Orlando Florida

"SHAWN MICHAELS! AFRAID?!"​

The show starts with a package showing various stills and commentary clips from Wrestlemania, such as Shawn Michaels giving Ric Flair one last Sweet Chin Music, and then Orton pinning John Cena to retain the WWE Championship.

We explode into the Bright House Networks Stadium with a giant amount of pyro on display, and the camera pans all around the fans in attendance and they are all rearing to go!

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Monday Night Raw! We are just twenty-four hours removed from the greatest night in all of sports-entertainment, WRESTLEMANIA!! I am “JR” Jim Ross, and as always, I am here with Jerry “The King” Lawler!

Jerry Lawler: There are so many talking points about last night I don’t even know where to start!

*MY TIME IS NOW*

There is a HUGE mixed reaction in the arena, as John Cena bursts out onto the stage!! Cena is in one of his T-shirts and a cap with some classic jorts but he does not look disheartened about the events of Wrestlemania. Cena salutes the fans in attendance before he runs down the ramp and slides into the ring.

Jim Ross: How about we talk about this man; John Cena! Last night he failed to win the WWE Championship in a Triple Threat Match involving Randy Orton and Triple H, and what better man to kick off Monday Night Raw tonight?

Jerry Lawler: Cena gave it one hundred percent as always last night, and I don’t think anyone can take anything away from his performance.

Jim Ross: Cena showed all of the heart and determination that we have always seen, and of course some of the fans love him, and some have a different opinion about John Cena.

Jerry Lawler: Well, I know John is a great guy, and these fans that don’t like him have every right to voice their opinion.

Cena has done his little thing and posed for all of the fans and he then retrieves a microphone from someone at ringside, and he waits for his music to cut out, and the duelling “LETS GO CENA” “CENA SUCKS” chants can be heard, and Cena simply smiles at the fans battle with one another.

John Cena: ORLANDO!! You guys know how to party!

Cena gets a good reaction from the fans.

John Cena: Y’all know I’m gonna talk about what happened last night, but there is something that I need to say first. There is one person in the back tonight that I need to say something to. Ric Flair-

Cena is cut off by a pop that drowns his entrance reaction.

John Cena: Ric, you have been the greatest role model to me ever since I’ve been in the WWE. I’m going to keep this short but Ric, I love you, and I am going to miss you.

Cena then takes his hat off and scratches his head as the fans pop.

John Cena: Well, now that I’ve got that outta the way, now I can talk about last night! See, last night at Wrestlemania, I did not do what I said I would, which was to capture the WWE Championship; and for that, I apologize to everyone here.

The fans give a mixed reaction for that.

John Cena: In fact, I was the guy that Randy Orton pinned. For a guy like Randy Orton; a snake like Randy Orton to kick Triple H in the head and then pin me after Triple H has just done all of the damage... Randy, those are not the actions of a champion... Those are the actions of a desperate little boy that fights over a toy at a nursery.

Cena is starting to get intense now.

John Cena: But obviously, the three of us weren’t little children squabbling over a toy; we were battling for the WWE Championship, the most respected and prestigious championship in the entire world! And you took the easy way out...

Cena then looks right into the camera.

John Cena: So Randy, I’m gonna be straight wit’ ya. You don’t deserve to be the WWE Champion; I do. So do the right thing, and let me have the opportunity to beat you fair and square for the WWE Championship at Backlash.

The fans give a huge mixed reaction for the potential match at Backlash.

John Cena: So Ran-

*LONGHORN*

The fans are confused at the music at first, but they then turn to boos, as a limo then pulls up alongside the entrance ramp. The driver gets out and walks to the back of the vehicle and opens the door, only for John “Bradshaw” Layfield to get out of the car to a huge amount of heat. Cena in the ring doesn’t look happy to see JBL, but the “Wrestling God” is all smiles as he climbs up the ring steps and picks up a microphone as he does. He gets into the ring and waits for his music to fade before he starts talking.

JBL: John Cena. Who in the hell do you think you are? What on God’s green Earth makes you feel like you should have a WWE Title Shot? You should be fired for that embarrassment of a performance last night!

John Cena: Woah, JBL, calm down man. All I am saying is that Orton pinned me after Triple H had done the hard work-

JBL: But you lost. You had your chance and ya screwed it up, kid. Back of the line. The person that should be facing Randy Orton at Backlash is me, J-B-L.

The fans aren’t happy with that, as they boo as Bradshaw smiles.

JBL: You people can boo all you damn want, but the fact is that what you are looking at right now is a winner. I almost beat Finlay within an inch of his life last night, and this smiling sugar-plum fairy got pinned in the biggest match in his career! That is-

John Cena: JBL, let me stop you there, and remind you of the biggest match in YOUR career. April 3rd 2005, The Staples Center, Wrestlemania Twenty-One. John, you walked into that event at the peak of your career. The longest WWE reign in Smackdown history, you’d beaten them all; Kurt Angle, The Big Show, The Undertaker. You walked into the Staples Center and your opponent was just some kid from West Newbury, Mass, and that same kid shocked the world that night when he BEAT you. You guessed it folks; that kid’s name was JOHN CENA.

The fans pop the small history lesson from Cena, and JBL seems to be rather angry about it.

John Cena: And since that night, I’ve won the WWE Championship another two times, and I had to give up the third one because of an injury to my pectoral muscle. I then came back and WON the Royal Rumble. See, I’ve been busy doing all of this since Wrestlemania Twenty-One... but what about you, Bradshaw?

JBL is getting angrier with every word that Cena says.

John Cena: Let me tell you, JBL, since I beat you, you’ve been on a downwards spiral and you’ve fallen into obscurity. You’ve spent this year kickin’ around a leprechaun, and you want to be considered for the WWE Championship... You’re a joke man!

The fans give Cena a mixed reaction as JBL removes his hat and places it down on the mat, before removing his jacket and rolling his sleeves up.

John Cena: Oh you wanna-

BAM!! JBL CREAMS CENA IN THE FACE WITH A BOOT!! Cena drops to the mat and JBL starts pummelling Cena’s head and body with right hands. JBL then gets up and starts booting Cena in the gut as the fans now start booing. JBL then moves back and waits for Cena to get up. Cena groggies a little and then manages to get up to his feet but JBL then comes in with the CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL!! The fans boo as JBL looks down on Cena and he smiles at his work!

*LONGHORN*

Jim Ross: What a sourpuss! JBL couldn’t take the facts that John Cena had brought up, so he beat him instead.

JBL backs up the entrance ramp with his music still blaring out as Cena lies in a heap in the centre of the ring, as we fade to the first commercial of the night.

Commercial Break

Back from the first commercial, and we go back to the arena, and we see JR and King sitting at the commentary desk.

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw, folks, and tonight we’ve already had chaos and carnage, as before the break we saw John Cena come out to the ring and talk about his feelings about Ric Flair and Wrestlemania, and how he wants the WWE Championship. Then JBL had something to say about it.

Jerry Lawler: Well, as we all saw JBL doesn’t think John Cena deserves a WWE Championship Match and he basically said that he does.

Jim Ross: And things started to turn ugly real quick as these two just remembered how much they hate each other.

The replay of JBL booting Cena in the face is shown, and then again in slow motion; showing the force behind the kick.

Jim Ross: Well, JBL certainly showed that he wasn’t the better man as he took exception to some of the things that John Cena was saying and he delivered a devastating boot to the face, which floored Cena straight away.

Jerry Lawler: Then JBL followed up with that devastating Clothesline From Hell. But anyway, I think we are just about ready to see some action, so let’s hand it over to the beautiful Lillian Garcia!

We now see Lillian Garcia standing in the centre of the ring and she seems happy as she holds the microphone up with a huge grin.

Lillian Garcia: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the World Tag Team Championships!

*OUT TO KILL*

The announcement gets a decent pop from the fans, and then out come the World Tag Team Champions, Cody Rhodes, flanked by Hardcore Holly. Rhodes seems full of energy as he bounds down the ramp, but Holly places his hand on Rhodes’ arm to calm the youngster down.

Jim Ross: These two men were both part of the Pre-Wrestlemania Battle Royal that was won by Kane, who then went on to win the ECW Championship in EIGHT seconds later in the night. But tonight they are focusing on keeping hold of those Tag Team Championships.

Jerry Lawler: The thing I like about these two is that they have contrasting styles and that Hardcore is really able to teach young Cody how to act like a WWE Superstar. Like you saw just then; Holly telling Cody to calm down and not get to overconfident going into this match.

Jim Ross: You’re right, King. Young Cody can really benefit from teaming with a veteran such as Hardcore Holly.

The champions get into the ring, and Holly merely walks up to the ropes and raises one arm up, whilst Rhodes excitedly jumps right onto one of the corners and holds his title in the air to a good reaction from the fans. Holly looks a little annoyed with all of the theatrics and he tells Cody to get down and prepare himself as they await their challengers.

*SPITS*
“I SPIT IN THE FACE OF PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO BE COOL”
*COOL*

There is a decent amount of heat as Carlito walks out of the curtain, quickly followed by Santino Marella. Carlito wears a blue shirt open over his wrestling gear and he is carrying his trademark apple as per usual.

Jim Ross: I’ll be the first one to say that I don’t like the attitudes of these two men one bit! Carlito, was unsuccessful in winning the Money in the Bank briefcase last night, and is somewhat of a Bad Apple. Then you have Santino Marella, and this guy is just an idiot!

Jerry Lawler: Santino is as weird as they come but he is a former Intercontinental Champion; take him lightly at your own peril.

The challengers get into the ring, and Carlito quickly removes his shirt and places his apple in the corner as the two men stare down the champions. Santino tries walking up and getting into Holly’s face, but the referee pulled the feisty Italian back.

Match One:
World Tag Team Championship Match:
Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly © vs Carlito & Santino Marella

About four minutes into the contest, and up to this point, the challengers have been picking apart young Cody Rhodes, with Carlito currently having the youngster in his team’s corner and he is connecting with boots to the gut; before the tag to Marella is made. Santino then gets into the ring and hits a forearm to the side of Rhodes’ head and then snapmares him into the centre of the ring. Santino then connects with a dropkick to the back of Rhodes’ head and then pulls him back down for a cover...One...Two-Rhodes kicks out! Carlito then holds out his arm to get tagged back in, and the challengers continue showing their impressive team work as Santino slaps his hand and then allows Carlito to get back into the ring. Carly then walks over to Rhodes and methodically stomps on his shoulder, before bringing him back up to his feet and then dropping him down to the mat with a swinging neckbreaker!! Rhodes grabs the back of his head in agony and Holly looks on in concern as the Carlito makes another pin attempt for the challengers...One...Two..Rhodes kicks out again!!

Carlito looks annoyed, and he grabs a small handful of hair as he brings Rhodes up to his feet and then knees him in the gut. Carlito then runs against the ropes and comes back looking for a knee lift, but Rhodes moves out of the way, and Carlito spins right around into a DDT from Rhodes!! The crowd lets out a huge pop, as Rhodes though stays down after the move; showing the impact the previous double-teaming had done. Rhodes though starts to come to his senses a little and he starts to crawl towards the waiting Holly in the corner, and Holly holds his arm out as the crowd will Cody on, and Cody is mere inches away from his partner- SANTINO COMES IN AND PULLS HIM BACK!! The Italian receives his telling off from the referee, as Cody is now right back where he doesn’t want to be.

Carlito then gets back to his feet, and he brings Rhodes up with him. Carlito then lurks behind Rhodes and seems to be lining him up! Carlito then jumps in and goes for the Backstabber, but Rhodes holds onto the ropes and Carlito falls down onto the back of his head! Rhodes then dives on top of Carly and goes for the pin...One...Two...Thr-NO! Carlito rolls the shoulder up just in time and saves the match! Rhodes is now the first back up to his feet after the cover.

Rhodes tees off Carlito against the ropes and then whips him across the ring, but Santino gets the blind tag to make himself the legal man. It seems that neither Carlito nor Rhodes noticed the tag, as Carlito ducks Cody’s clothesline attempt and then jumps onto the ropes and springboards off of the ropes and then smashes Cody with an ELBOW TO THE FACE!! Carlito smugly looks to the corner, and he then goes to pick up his APPLE!! Carlito then notices that Santino is the legal man, and he tells Santino to hold Rhodes up. Carlito then takes a bite and chews the apple, and then SPITS... RHODES DUCKED AND THE APPLE GOES STRAIGHT INTO MARELLA’S FACE!!! Carlito looks stunned, but then Hardcore Holly comes back into the ring and gives Carlito a dropkick, sending the Puerto Rican out of the ring! Santino, now blinded, searches around the ring shouting “MA EYES” and Cody then comes up behind The Italian and drops him with Cross Rhodes!! Cody then turns Santino over and hooks the legs, and Holly stands guard for the pin...One...Two...Three!!!

Winners and STILL World Tag Team Champions: Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly (7.43)

*OUT TO KILL*

The champions are given their championships, and they have their arms raised by the referee to a good reaction from the fans. Santino frantically rolls around on the floor, trying to clear his eyes, whilst Carlito leans against the barrier at ringside looking annoyed at what happened.

Jim Ross: Carlito’s actions have come back to bite him tonight, King! The champions retain!

Jerry Lawler: They got lucky! I don’t even know how Hardcore Holly can even do a dropkick; he’s so old!

Jim Ross: King, no! Bob’s just tryin’ to teach young Cody Rhodes what he needs to know in order to stay successful here in the WWE. These two are great Tag Team Champions!

The champs start making their way up the ramp, looking happy with their victory. Carlito slides back into the ring and he looks angry at losing, but he helps Santino to his feet nonetheless. Carlito then guides Santino forward to the direction of the ramp. Santino starts walking out but Carlito pulls him back and then hits the BACKSTABBER!! The crowd boos Carlito, as Santino lays flat on his front after the move, CCC then rolls out of the ring with a smirk and he starts backing up the ramp; watching as Santino hols his back in pain.

Jim Ross: That son of a bitch!! Carlito just literally stabbed Santino, his partner, in the back!!

Jerry Lawler: He deserved it! Santino couldn’t even hold Cody Rhodes in place, and he got apple in his face! Carlito should be annoyed; and happy that he has dropped that deadweight.

Carlito is now at the top of the ramp, and he takes one last look back at Santino in the ring before he turns and walks into the back.

We cut to the parking lot now, and a limo then rolls up. There is some anticipation in the arena as to who it is. The camera gets closer to the door and out steps RANDY ORTON!!! There is mega heat in the arena for the WWE Champion, as he has his championship draped over his shoulder, and he looks surprisingly annoyed despite being victorious last night. He then starts forcefully advancing forwards as we hear JR’s voice over the top.

Jim Ross: There he is, the WWE Champion Randy Orton, and he will be in action against the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho in a huge Champion vs Champion Main Event later tonight; be sure not to miss it.

Commercial Break

We return from commercial, and we see the Raw General Manager William Regal for the first time tonight. The GM gets a decent pop as he sits at his desk writing something, but there is then a knock on the door.

William Regal: Come in.

We hear the door open, and Regal looks a little confused at whoever has just walked in, and the camera pans sideways a little and we see that it is Santino Marella! Marella gets a few cheers from the fans after what happened before the break. He seems to have gotten the apple out of his eye, but he is still in his ring gear and he holds his lower back in pain.

William Regal: Ahh Santino... I saw what just happened. Is there anything I can do for you?

Santino Marella: Mister Regal, I want-a Carlito in a match-a next week! I want to-a make-a him pay for what he just-a did-a to me. Nobody disrespects Santino Marella!

The fans give a small pop for Santino’s defiance, and Regal seems to be doing some mental maths in his head over the idea.

William Regal: Santino, you know what? Next week, it will be Carlito vs Santino Marella!

The crowd pops, as Santino then smiles and shakes the GM’s hand and then nods his head in appreciation, before turning around to leave. Regal then has a small smile and gets back to his work, before he hears a bump and he jumps out of his seat to see that Santino is on the floor, having fallen over.

William Regal: For God’s sake, MEDIC!!

The fans have a slight laugh as Santino groans and Regal looks unimpressed to say the least.

Back into the arena, and we are once again greeted by our commentators.

Jim Ross: Well, a chance next week for Santino Marella to get some payback on his now former friend Carlito as those two go one on one on Raw next week!

Jerry Lawler: Just for one second though, instead of focusing on next week, let’s talk about what happened last night. Wrestlemania 24 was one of the greatest spectacles I have ever witnessed and to have been a part of it was a huge honour.

Jim Ross: And what a night it was for Raw! The match between Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair was one that you could only see at Wrestlemania; one of the greatest matches of all time by two of the greatest of all times.

Jerry Lawler: Well, one of the moments that stood out to me was that Randy Orton is still the WWE Champion, I was sure that either John Cena or Triple H were going to take the gold!

Jim Ross: We’ve came to expect nothing less from Randy Orton, as he once again proved that he will hold onto that WWE Championship at any cost.

*LETS LIGHT A FIRE TONIGHT*

There is a big pop in the arena, as Ashley then jumps out onto the stage and she jobs down the ring, in a good mood, despite losing last night.

Jerry Lawler: And could I forget? The Playboy Bunnymania Match involving our Divas!! Even though Ashley lost last night she still is my favourite!

The fans pop as the popular Diva climbs onto the top turnbuckle and blows a few kisses at some of the men in the audience. Ashley then jumps down and holds her arm up in the air as her music fades out and she waits for her opponent.

*PAPARAZZI*

There is a much less positive reaction from the fans, as a red carpet is then rolled down the ramp, and Melina struts out onto the stage, wearing a fur jacket over her ring gear. She pouts as she strides down to the ring.

Jerry Lawler: And it gets even better, JR! Watch this entrance!

Melina then does her split leg entrance into the ring to a pop from the fans, and she then gets up and removes her jacket and then climbs onto a turnbuckle.

Jim Ross: Well Melina’s side was victorious last night in the Bunnymania Match, and I’d say whoever gets the win here tonight could well be the next challenger for the Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix.

Match Two:
Ashley vs Melina

Around 2 and a half minutes into the match, and this far it has been not much but simple manoeuvres by both Divas to just avoid being hit by the other. Ashley though is currently in control after managing to score with a dropkick to Melina’s face. Ashley now has Melina trapped in a side headlock in the centre of the ring, and she determinedly tries to crank the pressure to score the submission. Melina though then grabs a handful of hair and then pulls Ashley back down to the canvas! Ashley holds the back of her head as the crowd boos Melina, and she then stands over Ashley and grabs her arms whilst having a boot on her chest and she then starts stomping Ashley down to the mat! The referee has to come in and stop Melina, but she then goes down and covers Ashley, hooking the leg... One...Two...No!

The fans pop as Ashley stays alive, and The Red Carpet Diva Melina now picks her back up to her feet, and she goes for a suplex, but Ashley is able to hook her leg under Melina’s to stop the move! Ashley then steps back and through the ropes and onto the apron. Melina then releases Ashley and goes to knock her off of the apron, but is met with a huge forearm to the jaw! The blow knocks Melina back and into the centre of the ring. Ashley then runs along the apron and leaps up onto the turnbuckle and climbs up onto the top rope. Melina then turns around and Ashley flies and hits a Cross Body on Melina!! Ashley stays pressed down and then the referee counts! One...Two...NO! Melina then rolls through and has Ashley covered! One...Two...Thr-NO! Ashley stays alive as Melina then springs up to her feet and gets into the ref’s face and tells him to count faster. Melina shouts at the referee but when she turns around ASHLEY NAILS HER WITH A SPEAR!! The fans go wild as Melina lays flat out and Ashley then hooks the leg! One...Two...Three!!

Winner: Ashley (4.18)

*LETS LIGHT A FIRE TONIGHT*

The fans get on their feet, as Ashley capitalized on Melina’s mistake and got a measure of revenge for Wrestlemania. Ashley then climbs onto the turnbuckle and poses for the fans and then she signals around her waist that she wants the Women’s Title!

Jim Ross: Well, an impressive victory for young Ashley tonight, and it seems that this young lady has championship gold in her sights, King!

Jerry Lawler: Speaking of the Women’s Champion...

With that, we see that Beth Phoenix is now standing out on the stage, and she doesn’t seem impressed with what she just saw from Ashley. Ashley points at Beth and motions for the gold once again but the champion then slowly shakes her head and turns around to walk away from Ashley and back into the back.

Commercial Break

In the parking lot once again now, and we see another limousine pull up, and the driver now goes to open the door for the passenger in the back, and the man that gets out is TRIPLE H!! The fans in the arena go wild, but “The Game” looks a little disheartened after a weekend that didn’t go to plan for him. He simply walks forwards away from the camera with a slight sad look on his face.

We cut from Triple H to another area backstage, and it is in a locker room. We see that the World Tag Team Champions are now dressed back in normal clothes and out of their gear. Rhodes seems to be talking about how he won the match for them, and Holly looks a little bored.

Cody Rhodes: And then after he got the apple in his eyes... BAM! Cross Rhodes – Out.

Hardcore Holly: Look Cody, we have to think moving forwards now. After what Carlito did we have one less team to worry about. We need to be focused on keeping these titles.

???: I wouldn’t make too many plans, old man.

Holly looks extremely annoyed at the insult that interrupted him, but the champions then stand up and we see that Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, The Redneck Wrecking Crew have walked into the room, and it was Cade that interrupted Holly.

Lance Cade: See now those two posers have moved out of the way; the road is clear for another team to come in and relieve y’all of those tag team championships.

Hardcore Holly: Y-

Cody Rhodes: (Interrupting) Look, we’re not scared of you or anyone else. We’ll take you on for these championships but not before you earn it.

Holly looks angry at being interrupted as well as Rhodes basically giving them a title shot.

Lance Cade: (To Holly) You better keep this boy on a leash because he just got you two into a whole world of trouble. We’ll see you boys around.

With that, Cade lets out a big smirk and turns around before walking out of shot. Murdoch walks right up to Cody Rhodes and then unnerves the youngster before laughing to himself and following his partner. When RWC have left, Holly then turns back to Cody.

Hardcore Holly: What have I told you before? I do the talking.

Rhodes doesn’t look at his partner, but instead stares at the direction in which Cade and Murdoch walked.

Cody Rhodes: Don’t worry, Bob. We got this.

With that Holly just looks in the direction where Rhodes does and then we fade out once again to somewhere else...

We are now in the interview area backstage, and Todd Grisham is standing with a microphone looking rather awkward.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time took part-

Suddenly, Mr Kennedy walks into the shot and snatches Grisham’s microphone away from him! Todd looks shocked and then is about to say something but Kennedy puts his hand right into Todd’s face.

Mr Kennedy: Run along, you little dork.

Grisham then looks a little disheartened but leaves the scene anyway and this allows the camera to focus in more on Kennedy.

Mr Kennedy: Tonight, people are saying that it is time to remember one of the all time greats, and celebrate the career of Ric Flair-

Kennedy is cut off by a LOUD pop in the arena as well as some “WOOOO”s, which seems to annoy the loudmouth.

Mr Kennedy: And also, about how Shawn Michaels-

Kennedy is cut off by another loud pop this time for Michaels, which aggravates him even further.

Mr Kennedy: You’re all cheering for Shawn Michaels? The man that doesn’t have the balls to even show up tonight and look Ric Flair in the eye; to look any of you in the eyes, because he knows that he is the one responsible for Ric Flair having to FINALLY retire. He knows that none of you will ever forgive him for what he has done to this show and he is too scared to face the consequences.

For some reason, it seems that this subject seems to anger Kennedy, as the fans boo him for his criticisms of Shawn Michaels.

Mr Kennedy: Because let’s make no mistake about it; Shawn Michaels is a coward.

That statement did exactly what Kennedy wanted it to do; piss people off.

Mr Kennedy: He can’t face Ric Flair, he can’t face any of you, and he can’t face a guy like me. He can’t face a guy like me whose career is being held back by “legends” such as himself as Ric Flair refusing to leave.

Kennedy then lightens up a little bit however.

Mr Kennedy: But Shawn, I will thank you; you did manage to get that old crab out of MY way. You did me a favour. But it seems that the next man that is stopping me from getting the WWE Championship I deserve is you, Shawn Michaels. I am making it my mission, my goal, to eliminate you from the WWE and then realise my full potential... and become the WWE Champion.

The fans give Kennedy heat for the prospect of that.

Mr Kennedy: Next year, at the twenty-fifth anniversary of Wrestlemania, I will be defending my WWE Championship and keeping it afterwards. Tonight starts my journey to the top of the food chain. Shawn, you might not be here tonight, but I want you to watch what I do in my match tonight to that pathetic loser that I have been saddled with.

More heat.

Mr Kennedy: You will witness the start of my METEORIC rise to WWE Champion, and trust me Shawn, soon, you will witness the full power of MMMMMIIIISSSSTEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... KENNAAADAYYYYYYYYYY....

The fans continually boo him, but there are a few smarks that join in with his catchphrase.

Mr Kennedy: ....KENNAADAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

KK then looks at the camera before chucking the microphone to the side and we here a slight grunt, meaning the mic probably hit Todd Grisham. Kennedy then walks out of shot as the camera then fades out.

Commercial Break

(Continued)​

Back from the commercial break and we are back in the arena for the next match, and we see Val Venis standing in the ring and he shakes his arms out as he prepares for the match.

Jim Ross: Folks, welcome back to Monday Night Raw and you can see that the veteran Val Venis is out here ready for his match with the brash and cocky Mr Kennedy.

Jerry Lawler: Well we have already seen tonight what Mr Kennedy has to say about tonight and his personal opinion on Shawn Michaels in particular.

Jim Ross: I don’t even know what the kid’s problem is with Shawn Michaels; Mr Kennedy has no place to question Shawn Michael’s actions.

“KENNEDAAAAAAAAAY”
*TURN UP THE TROUBLE*

There is a decent amount of heat as Mr Kennedy strides onto the stage, chewing some gum, and he wastes no time in marching down the ramp before climbing into the ring. He stares at Val Venis and tells Lillian to get out of the ring as he then stands in the centre of the ring and waits for the spotlight to be solely on himself. Kennedy then motions up for his microphone and it then drops down from the ceiling! The music cuts out and Kennedy limbers himself up.

Mr Kennedy: The following contest is scheduled for one fall... Currently in the ring is the lowest possible form of male escort any sexually deprived woman could EVER want to hire... THIS GUY!!

The fans boo, as Venis is then forced to be restrained back by the referee.

Mr Kennedy: And his opponent... The most courageous member of Monday Night Raw and a future WWE Champiiiooonnn. I hail from GREEN – BAY – WIS-CONSIN, weighing 246 pounds... MMMMISSSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KENNNEEDDDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Kennedy then walks up onto the turnbuckle in the corner as all the fans are silent as the brash youngster basks in his own glory.

Mr Kennedy: KENNNAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Kennedy’s music then continues as both men finish their final pre-match preparations.

Jim Ross: What a jackass.

Match Three:
Mr Kennedy vs Val Venis

We join the match here about four minutes in and thus far; Kennedy had seemed to have severely underestimated Val, as The Big Valbowski came out of the blocks early on and used some high impact moves to keep the loudmouth quiet. Val currently has Kennedy trapped in the corner, and he delivers a series of punches to the gut and head of Kennedy before climbing up the ropes and standing on the second rope and then he starts raining down blows onto Kennedy’s head!! One! Two! Three! Four! Five! Six! Seven! Kennedy blocks the eight blow though!! Kennedy then pushes Val back and the veteran lands on his back, and he rolls through though, but Kennedy then runs in and smashes Venis in the face with a forearm when he returns to his feet! The impact takes Venis off his feet and Kennedy then goes in for the cover...One...Two...No! Val’s resilience continues as Kennedy seems frustrated with the near fall and then he brings Val back up.

Kennedy goes to whip Venis into the ropes, but Val turns it around and sends Kennedy rebounding off of the ropes and Val goes down to go for a back body drop, but Kennedy stops in his tracks and kicks Val in the face!! Venis turns back after the impact and Kennedy then drops him with a Neckbreaker! Kennedy then hooks Val’s leg in and goes for the cover again...One...Two...No!! Venis stays alive again, and Kennedy is even more frustrated now, and he then walks over to Val’s upper body and drops an elbow down across his chest and then starts stomping in with boots. Kennedy seems relentless, but the referee then comes in and pulls Kennedy back and tells him to stop with the repeated shots. Kennedy pushes the ref back and then mounts Venis and starts hammering the top of Val’s head with right hands and the referee then pulls Kennedy back once more. Kennedy shouts in the official’s face and then grabs Venis and places him leaning against the bottom turnbuckle. Kennedy then runs against the ropes and then creams Val in the face with a boot!!

The crowd boos as that shot may have caused some serious damage to Val’s chances, as it seems there isn’t much movement, but Kennedy makes it even worse for him as he then goes down and starts hammering away at Val’s face again!! The referee comes in and warns Kennedy that this is his final chance, so Ken then goes in and pulls Venis up to his feet. Kennedy tries to let Venis stand on his own accord, but it seems the beating has been too vicious and Val merely falls against Kennedy’s chest and Kennedy then smiles as the crowd boos him. Kennedy though then places his head under Val’s arm and drops Venis with the MIC CHECK!! The crowd boos as Venis is just in a lump in the centre of the ring and Kennedy then rolls him over and doesn’t even bother hooking his leg...One...Two...Three!

Winner: Mr Kennedy (6.24)

*TURN UP THE TROUBLE*

Kennedy’s music starts playing to heat as he then smirks at the referee at him having to raise his hand as Kennedy then walks over to Venis and starts pushing him with his foot and he then rolls Val Venis out of the ring!! Val lands on the floor in a heap and the referee then goes out to check on him as Kennedy then motions for his microphone to come back down to him.

Mr Kennedy: The winner of the match...MMMMISSSSSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR KENNNEDDDAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

The music starts playing again as Kennedy then lets his microphone fly back up in the air behind him and the “future WWE Champion” then exits the ring and starts to make his way back up the ramp.

Jerry Lawler: You might not like him, JR, but you have to admit that Mr Kennedy is going places.

Jim Ross: King, I have no problems saying that I think that Kennedy is a phenomenal athlete and performer, but I just think he has all the attitude of a sour grape. The utter disrespect about Shawn Michaels earlier on tonight, and how he just kicked Val Venis, who just fought a great match, out of the ring like that was appalling.

A graphic then appears on the screen saying that he huge Champion vs Champion Main Event is UP NEXT!

Jerry Lawler: Well, if anything will put you back into a good mood, our main event is up next! The WWE Champion Randy Orton takes on the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho!

Jim Ross: Two of the finest wrestlers in the WWE, coming off of two very different Wrestlemanias. Both of these men want to prove that they are the better champion when we return!

Commercial Break

Back in the arena as the lights dim down...

*BURN IN MY LIGHT*

The arena is engulfed in heat as the WWE Champion Randy Orton saunters out onto the stage with a cold and menacing look in his eyes. He wears an “Age of Orton” t-shirt, with his championship draped over his left shoulder.

Jim Ross: The WWE Champion Randy Orton! We don’t know the identity of the man that is facing him at Backlash for that championship-

Jerry Lawler: How are they going to beat Orton though? He beat John Cena AND Triple H last night!

Orton climbs into the ring and soaks up all of the heat as he climbs onto the top turnbuckle and strikes his “Destiny” pose before gazing out menacingly at all of the fans as the lights then dim to a pitch black and Orton’s music fades out and the boos can be heard, but the feeling of the crowd soon change...

“YEAH...YOU KNOW I GOT YA”
*BREAK THE WALLS DOWN*

The fans get up off of their feet, as the lights come back on and Chris Jericho is standing at the top of the ramp! The Intercontinental Champion then pumps his fist and starts to stride down to the ring with his title around his waist.

Jerry Lawler: Look how excited these fans are to see Chris Jericho!

Jim Ross: This man has done it all in the WWE! He has held the Intercontinental Championship more times than anyone else in history; this being his eighth reign as Intercontinental Champion!

Jerry Lawler: I don’t think anyone will ever beat that; at least not in our lifetime.

Y2J gets into the ring, and he then raises his arm for the fans, before the referee comes over to relieve him of his title during the match, and Jericho then catches Orton’s cold eyes and stare, and the visual seems to have unnerved Jericho a little bit before the match has started.

Main Event:
Champion vs Champion

Joining the match up now at around ten minutes in, and Orton currently has Jericho in a Rear Naked Choke in the centre of the ring, as Jericho’s neck has been where Orton has targeted most of his offense in this match. Jericho tries to roll around and reach for the ropes, but Orton has the hold locked in tight, and the fans start to drum up a “JERICHO” chant. Orton then cranks up the pressure even more, and Jericho’s face turns a bright shade of red as it seems that Orton could be choking him out here! Jericho’s eyes then close, as his hand falls limply to the mat, and the referee comes over and he lifts Jericho’s arm up, and it falls to the ground! The referee then lifts the arm up again, and it drops to the mat once more!! Orton starts to smile, as the referee then picks up Jericho’s hand again and he releases it... but it doesn’t hit the mat!! The fans roar, as Jericho’s hand starts shaking, and some life comes back inside Chris Jericho, and he then grabs Orton’s hand and breaks the WWE champion’s grasp!! Orton then quickly rolls backwards away from Jericho as he gets some of his breath back.

Jericho grabs the ropes to get back to his feet, and Orton then charges in but Jericho then ducks the clothesline and elevates Orton over the top rope and Orton lands straight on the floor!!! The fans come alive, as the WWE Champion grabs his chest, as he seems to be winded from the fall. Jericho then sprints across the ring and he rebounds off of the ropes before leaping to the outside and he flattens Orton with a Vaulting Body Press!!! The fans go crazy, as Jericho then jumps to his feet and lets out a huge roar to the adulation of the fans at ringside. Jericho then wastes no time in picking Orton up and rolling him back into the ring, before following in and going for a cover...One...Two..-NO!! Orton stays alive in this match after the high impact move from Jericho. Jericho then jumps back up to his feet and he waits on Orton to get up too, and when Orton gets back up, Jericho comes from behind and then plants Orton’s face into the canvas with a Bulldog!!! The fans pop for the vintage Jericho moves, and Jericho seems to be waiting for Orton to get to his feet. Orton gets to his feet, and Jericho then turns him around and takes him down with a Double Leg Takedown, but instead of grabbing both legs for the Walls of Jericho, he grabs just the one and then locks in the FIGURE FOUR LEGLOCK!! The fans go crazy, as it is now Orton that finds himself in the difficult position inside a submission. There are dozens of “WOOOOOO”s from the fans as Jericho has the hold in tight.

Orton writhes around, as the fans are shouting for the WWE Champion to tap out, but Orton then sits up, and he manages to punch Jericho in the face, and that causes the hold to be released! Orton is free! Both men take their time to get to their feet after the hold, as both have endured a lot of punishment in this match. Both men then gets back up, and Jericho runs at Orton now, and now Orton elevates Jericho over the top rope, but Jericho lands on the ring apron!! Jericho grabs Orton, but Orton then turns around and smacks Jericho in the side of the head with a right hand that staggers him! Orton then reaches through the ropes and grabs Jericho and pulls him through before dropping him with a Rope Hung DDT!! The fans are silenced as Jericho lays face down and Orton then turns him over and hooks the leg! One....Two....Th-JERICHO KICKS OUT!!! The fans go crazy, as Orton looks on in shock at the resilience of the Intercontinental Champion.

Orton then gets back up to his feet and he starts methodically stomping away on Jericho, and each stomp as cold and calculated as Orton himself. The fans boo, and Orton now bring Jericho up into the corner and he starts punching Jericho in the top of the head, with each blow being booed by the fans in attendance. Orton goes to whip Jericho across the ring, but instead of releasing Jericho to send him away, Orton pulls him back and then takes him over with a SNAP POWERSLAM!! The fans groan again, as Orton remains in control. Jericho seems in no hurry to get up, as Orton now slowly gets to his feet and he delivers another stomp to Jericho’s chest to get him up, and Orton now slowly brings Jericho up to his feet once more, and he goes behind and hits an INVERTED BACKBREAKER!! Jericho contorts awkwardly as Orton now flops down onto the mat and starts pounding it, and the fans boo as Orton waits on Jericho to get back to his feet, and Jericho stumbles up to one knee, and Orton shouts at him to get up, and Jericho then does, and when he turns around...RK-NO!! Jericho stopped Orton and then pushes him away, and Orton turns back around into an ENZIGUIRI to the back of the head!! The fans are elated as Jericho then kips up!!

Jericho waits as Orton gets up to his feet again after the Enziguiri, and when Orton gets up to his feet, Jericho runs in and goes for the CODEBREAKER-NO!! ORTON CAUGHT HIM!! Orton then carries Jericho and runs him into the turnbuckle and Jericho then sits perched on the top rope, as Orton then punches him in the side of the head, and then climbs up onto the second rope so both men are standing in the dangerous position. Orton forces Jericho to get onto the top rope and Orton hits him again in the stomach as he climbs onto the top rope also! Orton then hooks his head under Jericho’s arm, and Orton wants to do a Superplex!! Jericho realises this and he then hits Orton in the stomach with a right hand, which makes Orton hunch down, and Jericho then connects with a right hand to the face, and Orton then drops down to the mat!! The fans pop as Jericho stands on the top turnbuckle and he looks out into the rafters and then holds his arm up before coming off of the turnbuckle at Orton....RKO!!!! Orton caught Jericho with an RKO in mid-air!!!! The fans are deflated, as Orton then rolls Jericho over and covers him...One...Two...Three!!!

Winner: WWE Champion Randy Orton (17.11)
*BURN IN MY LIGHT*

The fans actually applaud at the effort put in by both champions as Orton stands up victorious and has his arm raised by the referee. His title is then passed through the ropes to him and he raises it in the air to a large amount of heat.

Jim Ross: Well, as much as I disagree with his actions outside the ring, I have to admit that Randy Orton is the WWE Champion for a reason.

Jerry Lawler: But don’t take anything away from Chris Jericho! Y2J could have easily walked out the winner one any other night, but Orton is fresh of that huge defence last night at Wrestlemania.

Jim Ross: Well, we know that Backlash is not far away, and we still don’t know who Orton is going to defend his title against then, but they’re going to have to be on the top of their game in order to win the title.

Orton starts walking up the ramp, smiling and holding his WWE Championship. He then walks up to a camera, and says in a cold tone “I’m not done.” And Orton then carries on his walk up the ramp.

Jim Ross: I’m not even sure I want to know what he means by that... But up next, the WWE is going to say goodbye to one of the greatest men to ever step foot in that ring; The Nature Boy Ric Flair says goodbye next!

Commercial Break

We return from the commercial, and the camera pans around the arena as the lights dim down in the arena, and the cameras still roam around as all focus turns to the Tron, and there is total silence in the arena.

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
*ALSO SPRACH ZARUSTUSTRA*

Every single person is on their feet in the arena, as the familiar music is met by a deafening roar from the Orlando fans, and the pop only gets bigger when Ric Flair walks out from behind the curtain and out onto the stage. “The Nature Boy” already has a tear in his eye, dressed in a top class suit. Flair starts walking down the ramp, and he slaps hands with the fans in the front row as he does. JR and King on commentary remain silent, presumably out of respect, as this is most certainly Ric Flair’s time. Flair climbs the ring steps and he blows a kiss to the fans as he stands in the centre of the ring where a microphone awaits him on the mat. Flair walks to each side of the ring and thanks the fans before he goes to pick up the microphone. The music slowly fades out to reveal a huge “THANK YOU RIC” chant bellowing out of the arena. A tear runs down Flair’s cheek as the chants die down as he raises the microphone up to his mouth.

Ric Flair: I... can’t even begin to explain how much I am going to miss walking out through that curtain every week for you people. You know-

Flair is cut off by the first of many pops during his speech.

Ric Flair: You know some people who don’t know a lot about wrestling aren’t aware of what those guys in the back do for all of you fans... but let me tell you right now, it is all worth it for moments and feelings like this.

Flair wipes another tear off of his eye as he looks set to continue.

Ric Flair: I’ve been doing this for over fifty years, and I wouldn’t change a damn thing about it! I’d relieve every damn second if I could! Because you people have made me one of the luckiest men alive!

The fans pop, as Flair starts to get pumped up, and the emotion is really coming through from Naitch.

Ric Flair: I’ve done this for fifty years and let me tell you, I am glad that the man who ended it is without a doubt the best wrestler ever to lace up a pair of boots.

Flair pauses and the crowd actually gives a mixed reaction for that.

Ric Flair: Don’t be like that; he gave me the match of my life. Shawn Michaels is the best wrestler in history, and if anyone was to end my career, I woulda picked him any day of the week.

Flair though thinks about what he says next, and a small frown actually comes across his face.

Ric Flair: I’ve heard people talkin’ tonight, and I’ve heard what they have been sayin’ about Shawn Michaels. They’ve been callin’ him a coward; they’ve been sayin’ that Shawn is AFRAID to be here tonight. SHAWN MICHAELS! AFRAID?!

Flair is getting slightly animated now.

Ric Flair: All of those young punks in the back that think Shawn Michaels is afraid don’t know a damn thing about Shawn Michaels or Ric Flair!! As I’ve always said, to be the man, you gotta beat the man; and Shawn Michaels is THE man.

Naitch subdues himself after his slight outburst, and he slowly adjusts his tie back into position.

Ric Flair: Shawn isn’t here tonight because he didn’t want to see Ric Flair go. He didn’t wanna see the limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun WOOOOO!! Walk outta the door!!

The fans all “WOOOO” along with Flair, as he starts to smile again now and the crowd show their support with a “PLEASE STAY RIC” chant now.

Ric Flair: I really damn wish I could, everybody. I know I’ve already said it but this has been one HELL of a great ride; but it is time for “The Nature Boy” to call it a day. I didn’t ask for a big send off because the feeling I have right now is all I need; that feeling is satisfaction. I’m satisfied that I have lived my life to the fullest and I am happy to go down as one of the greats – WOOOOO!!

“WOOOOO!”

Ric Flair: But I will tell ya that tonight isn’t the last you’ve seen of Good Ol’ Naitch! WOOOOOO!!!

“WOOOOOO!!”

Ric Flair: Because Diamonds are Forever, and so is Ric Flair!!

Flair then takes a long look out into the stands, as each person in the building, JR, King, Justin Roberts as well as all of the fans are on their feet giving Flair a resounding standing ovation. Flair is now crying his eyes out as he looks around still, and he places the microphone on the mat and starts walking towards the side where to exit the ring...

*GUITAR RIFF*
“IT’S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME”
*THE GAME*

The roof damn near blows off of the building, as TRIPLE H IS HERE!!! “The Game” marches out onto the stage dressed in a T-shirt and jeans and he then starts making his way down the ramp. Flair in the ring is shocked, and through his tears we see a broad smile come over the face of “The Nature Boy”, as HHH now climbs into the ring, before giving Flair a huge hug, and the two seem to be talking as they embrace. Triple H then releases the hug and he picks up the microphone that Flair had just set down. He holds the mic as the music fades out and Triple H looks at the sobbing Flair before slowly raising the mic to his mouth.

Triple H: Really Ric? Fifty years and that was going to be your send off?

Flair smiles and wipes away a few tears.

Triple H: Well, luckily, I had a little something planned. Because ever since I became a wrestler; I’ve wanted to be you, Ric. Growing up, I wanted to be Ric Flair. Of course I’ll never be that good, but that is a whole other story. When I got the chance to work with you, and travel around with you in Evolution-

A gigantic pop interrupts Triple H as both men now smile.

Triple H: Evolution gave me the chance to work with and become friends with my idol. You taught me just about everything there is to know in this business as well as teaching me how to be a person at the same time.

A respectable round of applause comes from that comment.

Triple H: And I’m not that good at these goodbye things, because just like everyone else; I don’t want you to go.

This causes the “PLEASE STAY RIC” chant to return, and Triple H even starts to join in by pumping his fist with every syllable. The cameras have caught that “The Game” has started welling up too.

Triple H: Anyway, as I was saying; I’m not that great at goodbyes, so the only thing I could think of is a video to make for you. It basically will show you how you have impacted this business, this company and these people; and what a change and improvement you have made to so many lives.

Triple H then averts Flair’s attention towards the Tron.

Triple H: Can we get the lights cut out? Thanks. Roll the clip please.

The screen then goes black, and we see in gold writing the words “A Tribute to The Nature Boy” come across the screen in slick gold letters, and as the letters fade out, it seems that everybody’s attention has been shifted already, as a bump on the mat was heard echoing around the arena!! The video stops and the lights come back on...

RANDY ORTON IS IN THE RING STANDING IN THE RING HOLDING THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP AND TRIPLE H IS DOWN!! ORTON BLINDSIDED TRIPLE H!!!

The fans go APESHIT and Orton then steps over the body of Triple H, who seems to be out from the shot with the WWE title. Orton advances towards Flair, and Flair backs up into the corner and BEGS Orton to just go away. Orton mouths something to Flair, and he starts to shake his head as the fans cry for someone to come and stop this. Orton though carries on and grabs Flair by the tie!!!

Jim Ross: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!

Orton then yanks the tie, and pulls Flair to the ground in the centre of the ring, and Flair is down on his knees as Orton sizes up the situation, and the fans boo like crazy as they know what the WWE Champion is thinking.

Jim Ross: DON’T YOU DARE DO THAT! THAT BASTARD ORTON!!

There is a slight commotion, as CHRIS JERICHO leads the troops down the ramp!! Jericho, Cena, Rhodes, Holly, London, Kendrick and the GM Regal plus officials all start charging down to the ring but Orton sees them and then he PUNTS RIC FLAIR IN THE HEAD!!!!!! All life is taken out of the arena, as the fans go silent and Orton just manages to slide out of the ring before the Raw locker room can get there! There is an initial standoff where no one is sure what to do as some men stare Orton down and some check on both Flair and Triple H.

Jim Ross: I CAN’T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!! ORTON RUN YOU BASTARD BEFORE YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!

Orton actually then listens to JR and then hightails it with the WWE Championship out into the crowd!! Jerry Lawler quickly jumps out of commentary and leads the chase on Orton, and then the Tag Champions as well as London & Kendrick all start chasing the WWE Champion out of the building. Orton sprints through the crowd as he avoids his pursuers and he even knocks a fan over on the way through!! Orton runs right to the top of the rafters and Lawler & Co all seem to have given up hope of catching him, and Orton stares back to the scene in the ring where Flair is now being loaded onto a stretcher! The camera zooms right into the face of the WWE Champion... AND HE IS SMILING!! The fans are still silent as all that can be heard is the sound of the medics and Superstars getting concerned about Ric Flair and Triple H.

Jim Ross: I...I’m sorry folks. I’m sorry that you had to just witness what that RAT Randy Orton did to Ric Flair and Triple H! I-... This is too damn muc-

Ross removes his headset in anger, as Orton now walks away from the scene of the crime, and the camera then shows us “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair being stretchered up the ramp and that is the final scene as the camera fades to black...

-----------​

A massive thanks to all of the well wishing and an even bigger one to JAM for the Match Banner!

SXENightmare's Review:

Opening Segment it was good was surprised orton didnt open the show but cena did fine looks like cenas moving onto JBL that could be good.

World Tag Team Championship Match this was a good match to open the show i thought carlito and santino were gonna win but i was happy to see holly and rhodes retain i always liked them as a team back in the day. i liked carlito backstabbing santino i always thought he was better as a solo wrestler and now he is looks like the comedy jobber santino is coming soon.

Ashley vs Melina the match was good i was happy to see Ashley win she was always 1 of my favorite divas so im happy to see that she seems to be starting a fued over the womens title with beth.

Mr.Kennedy Promo i love the idea of this fued of Kennedy and HBK they work really well together so it should be good to see where it goes from here.

Kennedy vs Val Venis longer match then i expected i was expecting kennedy to beat val in about 5 minutes then destory him to take him out or something but none the less i liked the match val venis loses nothing from jobbing to Kennedy.

Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho easily the best match all night! i loved this match even though i knew that Randy Orton would pick up the victory over Jericho but Jericho gave him a really good match not much else to say here.

Ric Flair Retirement Cermony im gonna be perfectly honest with you i HATED seeing Randy come out to ruin this i think it was horrible way to send Flair off into retirment with a punt to the skull i didnt mind the RKO to Triple H really but again i think Flair should have gotten a nice send off....the one positive thing i will say is you did great with just 1 show in making Randy Orton a great heel and for that i give you a ton of credit.

Jam's Review
First show already, can't wait to read this one man. You've got a good time period and the talent on the roster at this time was pretty good. 2008 could've really been a better year than it was. Well, onto the review.

Opening the night with Cena, in my opinion, was a good way to go. You have Cena acknowledge Flair to remind the people about what had happened. Your dialogue for Cena was really good. Definitely gonna be one of the better writers on here. Hmm, not really sure I wanna see another Cena/JBL feud though. But that “history lesson” that Cena gave JBL was a good touch in adding fuel to the fire. With JBL getting the advantage here, looks like these two will have a feud. I guess it may not be that bad.

I'm actually a fan of Cody and Hardcore Holly's team. It was a perfect combination of rookie and a veteran. Cody learned a lot from Holly, even making the Alabama Slam one of his signature moves. I vaguely remember Carlito and Santino ever as a team. But I'd like to see Santino as a more serious type of wrestler. He's much like the Eric Young of WWE. I've seen some Santino matches and he's pretty good. So yeah, hopefully the tag team division is something big in your thread. And I just read that Carlito has just turned his back on Santino, so hopefully he'll have a good singles run. Maybe even a chance at the WWE or World Title, would be interesting to read.

Looks to me that Mr. Kennedy is gonna be a big time star in your thread and I like it. WWE didn't use him right but I think that you can fix that. He's definitely got the mic skills and his attitude is perfect for a top heel. An HBK feud could propel him to the top immediately, which is what I hope for.

Pretty good main event here. Orton was obviously going to win because he's the higher champion. But anyway, Jericho did give him a good match. But Orton's character is just really good especially because of his finisher. Just one second and he hits an RKO, the match could be over. The element of surprise is definitely in Orton's favor so you can't really count him out of a match. Definitely best match of the night.

Well, I've seen this last segment and it's definitely a good one. I don't know what you do with Flair now as I think he isn't finished yet. He probably goes on to help Triple H with Orton, which I don't mind seeing. Also, you just established Orton as the biggest heel in the WWE with this. During this time period, you would just cringe when Orton was around as you didn't know what was going to happen next whether it was an RKO or a punt to the head. Definitely made the time period even more enjoyable. Overall, good job on the first show. A very good RAW show and I expect Smackdown to really take the cake here as I prefer it more than RAW. Cheers TWG!

Bearded Review

-I'll be damned, well done sir. I rather enjoyed this and I'm glad to have another writer on board here. Lets get to the show shall we?

-Can I assume this isn't your first go round at a Book This? The formatting is well done, the match writing is bueno, and the promos are nearly perfect. Excellent work there.

-Cena to open the show and showing love for Ric, excellent move sir. Cena and JBL coudl be good. Been done before, but still doesn't mean it can't be quality writing. Plus you could add your own spin onto it.

-Gonna jump around a bit to pieces I wanna discuss. The Kennedy promo, favorite part of the show. I was a big fan of Kennedy and felt the guy had huge potential. Hopefully you can build him up and I think you will. The guy has star written all over him and a potential feud with HBK could be great.

-I like Carlito on his own. Never really a fan of him, but he had potentially nonetheless. A solid midcard talent who could have gone places if he could have straigthened out his work ethic. Hopefully you do well with him.

-Now onto the best overall booking on the show and that was the end. Right when Orton said he wasn't finished I knew he was gonna be involved with the Flair goodbye. And he did in a big way. Huge way to get heat on your champion and I just imagine Orton and Triple H will embark into a feud or maybe HBK to protect Flair's dignity.

-Overall this was a great start to a show and the first show tends to be the hardest. I wish you the utmost success and hope you do well here in a section that deserves some more credibility. Keep up the great work my friend.

Peep's RAW Review

* I've seen some of your other stuff TWG and I must say I'm looking forward to it. Everything is set out nicely, the top graphic looks great, so let's get on with the show. Honestly, I wasn't too hot on the opening promo. I know what you were going for here, but shouldn't Triple H be complaining about this? Cena would have lost either way anyway? The exchange between JBL and Cena was a lot better but unless you put a major spin on this, we've already seen this feud, twice. The commentary is a bit lame here before the tag match, you are basically saying the same thing twice which is kind of pointless, they should be their to enhance, not just repeat. I really liked the way you set out the opening match, you skipped towards the end and just described it well from there. Only a little thing I noticed is for every sentence you used 'then' before every move/counter, it was a little annoying and bad writing. But other than that, you're match writing is really good, you picked up everyone's mannerisms and move sets. I'm not sure Rhodes used the CR until he teamed with Ted DiBiase? Loved how Carlito stabbed his partner in the back, I hope this is just used to push Carlito up the card and a feud with a bumbling Santino would be lame.

* Maybe you could separate the segments a bit better like from the tag match to the Orton segment. Not really too fussed over the Divas, but Ashley is the worst of them all, a shame she is going for the gold. I love how you are molding an actual storyline for the tag team titles but the segment didn't make sense, Cody told them to earn a shot, he didn't give them one? I like'd Kennedy's ultimatum to win the WWE Title by WM25, but a little more detail as to why HBK was holding him back? The Green Bay loudmouth then picks up an easy victory, nothing wrong with that and it would be cool to see him moving visibly up to better opponents as the weeks go by. Cool finish at the end of the contest between Orton and Jericho, but again the use of 'then' was distracting. Orton rightfully goes over and I'm looking forward to both of their new challengers. Flair's final monologue was excellent, a great bit of writing and everything sounded great. Triple H was spot on too and the attack by Orton, just as the arena turned dark, was great stuff. Only thing is, we have seen Orton vs. Triple H a lot before, as long as it leads to their final blow off at Backlash, I'll be fine with it.

Overall: You're a great writer, and a great booker but this show seemed a bit off, probably because it was rushed. The show only had four matches and the storylines you are setting up, we have already seen. A solid start, but I hope to see better in the future, because I have seen how good your booking is.

wwe.com HEADLINE​

images

What is Randy Orton's fate?

After his heinous actions this past Monday Night on Raw, the WWE Champion Randy Orton will be seriously punished by Raw General Manager William Regal. For those who missed it, during Ric Flair's Retirement Speech to the WWE fans, Orton ran into the ring through the crowd whilst the lights were turned out, and Orton hit Flair's friend Triple H with the WWE Championship, before then ending Flair's tenure in the WWE with a sickening punt to the head. Orton then escaped through the crowd as the entire Raw locker room tried to intervene.

We have been informed by Regal that Orton HAS NOT been stripped of the WWE Championship for his actions, but he has informed Orton that he will be FINED $250,000 for his actions! Regal also promised us that a further punishment will be dealt next week on Raw.

Stay tuned during this week for more info on Ric Flair and Triple H's condition.

TWG Note: A huge thank you to everybody that has reviewed Raw, and I have found out a lot from the first show, so thanks again, guys. This ECW will have to be in review form unfortunately, as I have exams coming up and I just wanted to get this out there. It will be as detailed as possible though! Thanks and I hope that people enjoy :)

ECWBanner.png

ECW
April 2, 2008

CM Punk opens the show, and the winner of the Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania says that he isn't going to take the coward's way out because he is Straightedge and the champion that he faces using his briefcase will know when he is coming because he knows that he can beat a champion at 100% so he doesn't have to get them when they don't expect it. Shelton Benjamin then comes out and interrupts Punk and says that he is the best athlete in the WWE and that if anyone should have the right to automatically become a champion it is him, and Punk was the most boring ECW Champion in history. Punk says that if Shelton was ever going to become a champion that he would have by now, and Punk also said that Shelton can live up to his own hype if he faced him in a match right now. Shelton says that the doctors have not cleared him after falling through a ladder in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Shelton does say that Punk can fuel his addiction to competition by facing his hand picked opponent by Armando Estrada; Elijah Burke!! Benjamin watches at ringside as Burke provides a strong opposition to Punk, but Benjamin does not get involved at any juncture in the match. The finish comes when Burke goes for the Elijah Express, but Punk moves in time and Burke crashes into the turnbuckle and Punk picks him up and drops him with the GTS for the win. After the match Punk and Benjamin share a brief staredown before Benjamin smirks and leaves to the back.

In the back, Tommy Dreamer and Colin Delaney are having a brief celebration as Delaney is now an official member of the ECW roster. Dreamer promises that they will kick off his fresh start with a win tonight, but then Matt Striker interrupts the celebration and reminds them that himself and Big Daddy V are their opponents so they should not be expecting anything else other than defeat tonight.

Kofi Kingston gives an interview with Kelly Kelly. Kofi says that the reason that he has been so successful so far on ECW is because he is happy to be here and he enjoys the rush that he gets from entertaining and performing for the fans. Kelly seems to be flirting with Kofi a lot, and Kingston naturally seems interested himself, but then Kelly's former boyfriend Mike Knox enters the scene. Knox says that Kelly is wasting time with someone like Kofi, and that she will be running back to him after he beats the ECW Champion Kane tonight in the main event. Kofi says that he will win his match too, but Knox tells Kofi to go back where he came from before cheap shotting Kingston with a right hand. Kelly then checks on Kofi and shows a lot of concern.

Dreamer and Delaney come out for their match, followed by Matt Striker and Big Daddy V. Striker and V get the win after Big Daddy V had singled Delaney out, and at one point V knocked Dreamer off of the apron with such force that the back of Dreamer's head bounced off of the ring barricade. V then drops a huge elbow on Delaney which would have surely gotten the win, but Striker was then tagged in and he went and stood with his foot over Delaney's chest as the referee counted the pin fall.

Following a commercial, Nunzio was standing in the ring, and his opponent was the undefeated Kofi Kingston. Kofi looked slightly annoyed as he bounded down the ramp after his altercation with Mike Knox. Kofi showed an aggression not seen before from the youngster in this match, and he quickly put Nunzio away after a Trouble in Paradise. Kofi smiled as he celebrated but there was an obvious increase in the intensity showed from Kofi, and Styles and Foley speculate whether Mike Knox making him look weak in front of Kelly Kelly was the reason for this.

In the GM's office, Armando Estrada was seen staring longingly at a cigar that he had gotten out of his top drawer in his desk. CM Punk then enters and Estrada quickly hides the cigar. Punk says that he beat Burke and has heard that Shelton Benjamin is eligible to compete next week. Estrada informs him that this is correct, and he proclaims that next week CM Punk will face Shelton Benjamin but the winner will also face Kane at Backlash for the ECW Championship! Punk leaves and then Estrada gets the cigar out again and carries on looking at it.

Mike Knox enters the arena as he prepares for his match, and he wears a smirk; most likely because of what he did to Kofi Kingston. Kane enters to a huge pop, and the new ECW Champion walks into the ring and wastes no time. The match itself is hard hitting as both men trade huge blows right from the go, but Knox gets an advantage after raking the champion's eyes. Knox went on to target Kane's back, but Kane turned it all his way after one of his trademark Uppercuts. Kane then went on to finish Knox off with a Chokeslam much to the fans' approval. Knox was furious as the show went off air.

Jam's Review
Hey man, first of all, I know the feeling of just wanting to get a show out so that you can advance to some other storylines, totally get you. And with my exams just finishing as well, I wish you goodluck on them. Now onto the review.

Judging by the graphic I made you, those three guys will probably be some mainstays on ECW and I can't argue with that. I'm a big fan of Shelton Benjamin because of his in-ring ability. And I think that if given the chance, he can really shine. Hopefully Benjamin is one of the bigger stars that ECW produces so that he can move onto Raw and Smackdown with a new found character, making him eligible for bigger titles.

I think that 2008 was really the year that we started to see that ECW was really just another WWE brand. What I mean by that is it felt like just any other wrestling show. In the two years before, I felt that ECW was still ECW but that changed in 2008. Not necessarily a bad thing with Punk emerging from this, but I think that ECW was enjoyable from about 2006-2009 though.

Building guys up like Kofi Kingston and Mike Knox is definitely the route to go. Both guys can be something big if ever you decide to cancel ECW. Both men can definitely go in the ring, especially Kofi. But really, I guess you can just use ECW as a place to bring some new guys in and have them be built up to get them ready for Raw or Smackdown.

Overall, I hope to see ECW written out in full next time because I know your abilities as a writer and I really liked WWE's ECW even if my review didn't really reflect that. I just think that ECW could've been so much more if WWE actually put effort into it even though we all knew that they bought ECW just for the name. But anyway, good show TWG. Now onto Smackdown!

SXEnightmare's Review:

first off goodluck on your exams weirdguy. now onto the show...

show starts with punk coming out which is good sense hes coming off a huge win at wrestlemania looking forward to seeing a fued against shelton benjamin as both men can really go in the ring. also punk vs burke was good i always liked burke so it was nice to see him working with mr.money in the bank here.

dreamer and delaney vs striker big daddy v well i always liked the pairing of striker with big daddy v striker always seemed like a good manager to me and big daddy v could have been a great monster if wwe hadnt dropped the ball on him on the other hand i never liked dreamer and delaney together i never saw anything in delaney so i was pretty happy to see striker and big daddy v pick up the victory i pictured the match as a squash match though.

nunzio vs kofi kingston exactly like it should have been with kofi beating him pretty quickly i like how your bringing out the agreessiveness in kingston that he had during his fued with orton because that kofi could become a main eventer.

next week we get punk vs benjamin for the #1 contenders spot to face kane that should be great hopefully benjamin wins punks already got money in the bank he doesnt need the ecw title match too but it will be a good match either way.

kane vs mike knox battle of the monsters here kane chokeslams knox for the victory which is good dont wanna push knox too far too fast and a win over the new champ might just do that.

overall a good show looking forward to seeing it in full form next time.

wwe.com HEADLINE

images

Tommy Dreamer Injured!

We have learnt here at wwe.com that this past Tuesday Night on ECW, Tommy Dreamer suffered a neck injury during his match where he teamed up with Colin Delaney to take on Big Daddy V and Matt Striker. The injury occurred when Dreamer was waiting to be tagged in by Delaney, and Big Daddy V ran across the ring and knocked Dreamer off of the apron, and Dreamer flew right into the ring barricade, and is reportedly suffering from a whiplash injury, and he has been instructed to wear a neck brace for at least the next week, but this injury should only keep Dreamer away from ECW for around one month, and after that he should be cleared to wrestle again.

TWG Note: Just a little bit of ECW news that will help an angle that will be running on ECW for the next few weeks. Smackdown is coming along nicely considering I've only really got tonight to work on it for a while, so I'm trying to get as much done as I can now.

SmackdownBanner.png

Friday Night Smackdown
Preview
April 5, 2008

It is now the turn of Smackdown to react to the fall out of the spectacle that was Wrestlemania 24, where the main match from the blue brand was The Undertaker extending his streak to 16-0 as well as capturing the World Heavyweight Championship from Edge. It will be no secret that Edge's fiancée and more importantly the General Manager of Smackdown Vickie Guerrero will react to her husband-to-be's loss on the Grandest Stage, but all we know is that "The Deadman" better be prepared. Maybe the first form of punishment for The Undertaker is that he is going to be in action just five days after his epic Wrestlemania encounter with the "Rated-R Superstar". His opponent tonight however will be Chuck Palumbo; the veteran that also shares 'Taker's love for motorbikes, and it is no doubt that Palumbo will be going full throttle against the new World Heavyweight Champion. Staying with Edge and Vickie Guerrero however, they will be without the rest of La Familia tonight, Guerrero announced earlier today that her nephew, Chavo, is so embarrassed by his 8 second defeat to Kane that he does not wish to attend Smackdown. Hawkins and Ryder are also set to miss Smackdown as they were both injured during the World Heavyweight Championship Match whilst trying to aid Edge.

During the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Matt Hardy made his long awaited return, and cost former rival and tag team partner, the United States Champion MVP, the briefcase and the chance to become a double champion. It is no secret that Hardy has been desperately craving the gold that Porter has held for almost an entire calendar year, and tonight on Smackdown the stage is set for Matt Hardy to get not just the title he wants, but also payback on Porter, who has made Hardy's life a living hell all these months, as tonight Hardy has been granted another chance at becoming United States Champion for the first time.

The two newest members of the Smackdown roster are the WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz and John Morrison, as they made the switch from ECW on Monday. Their first night back on Smackdown will see them facing the team of Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang.

All this and more on Smackdown!

Confirmed for Smackdown:

United States Championship Match
MVP © vs Matt Hardy

Non Title Match:
World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker vs Chuck Palumbo

Non Title Match:
WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz and John Morrison vs Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang

Mark Henry in action

Aiming to have this up by the end of the week before exams kick in properly again!

!!IMPORTANT!!: Also, just a change to the opening post (but alas there is no edit button!) the 2008 WWE Draft will now be on the 26th May 2008.

Stop-Feedback.jpg

GCB FEEDBACK
MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Hiya mate, nice to see that you've crossed over to the light side. I've seen your work before and I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring over here. I much prefer BT! to BTB and I hope you do too. I've only continued to post over there because of people reading there that I don't want to drop. However, I'm toying with the idea of making GCB's WWE a BT exclusive show after the Rumble. Hope you enjoy your time over here.

First off, great formatting and such. Clear, easy to read, a good start to any BT! Not much more to comment on there, it's easy to read and that's what we ask.

Opening Segment:
I don't want to tell you that everything was perfect but I am struggling for many things to 'constructively criticise' - but there was something here. Cena's reasoning didn't make sense to me. RAW after WM should have featured the main event winner, it should have started with Orton and then you could have had Cena and JBL come out and bicker from there. Maybe Cena comes out to confront Orton who tells him that he is moving on, that Cena is no longer part of his plans. Orton could leave, then JBL comes out and you've got back to Cena - JBL but started with Orton ... Cena vs. JBL is always interesting but has been done so you need to do something different with it - maybe, shock horror, JBL could actually win?!!!

Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly:
I like the dynamic between these two and I hope you keep it going for a while and don't do the inevitable split. Your TT division is a little lacking so you need to keep these two involved for now - their upcoming feud with Cade and Murdock shows you seem to be heading that way, hope you stick with it. Keep them together and plant seeds for a few months down the line but make sure you're building the division in the meantime. Carlito as a singles competitor is cool (geddit?) but Santino turning face is something I don't want to see!

Divas:
I wasn't watching WWE at this point as much so the Divas passed me by. Ashley I can't actually recall that well but I would have liked to have seen Melina win it and move on to the title chance.

Mr. Kennedy:
I did like Kennedy's gimmick when I started rewatching WWE about this time, he seemed to have superstar written all over him. However, for whatever reason, he bombed out big time and his TNA character hasn't interested me at all the bits I've seen. A full entrance from you suggests that you are high on him and I like the fact that he is calling out Shawn Michaels - big time feud, big time result potentially for Kennedy. I'm interested in seeing this feud develop when HBK returns.

Orton vs. Jericho:
Love when the main event matches are written in more detail, that's exactly how it should be. This was an incredible main event and the fact that your IC Champion came close to defeating the WWE Champion shows that the IC Title is still prestigous - I somehow doubt we'll see Cody Rhodes going over 15 minutes with CM Punk any time soon IRL. You've created a believable situation, without doing anything with Jericho, that even the IC Champion is a threat to Orton in one match - keeping Jericho strong but not making Orton look weak. Only criticism here was the aftermatch - "I'm not done" kind of spoiled what was coming next. I'd have left that one out, wasn't needed, it gave it away what was coming, there was only one thing that Orton could mean by that.

Flair farewell:
However, the spoiler didn't detract from this too much, a well written segment that leaves me frothing at the mouth for next week's RAW. You dared to do it, you dared to have somebody attack Flair and that is brilliant, IMO. I'm a big believer that whoever you are, whatever you've won, in wrestling, you put someone over as you go. Booking this to happen seems like something Flair would do, HBK doesn't need to be put over but Orton's heel character simply explodes from here. Wrestling 101. From Flair's retirement, we already have two other matches springing up - HBK vs. Kennedy and Orton vs. HHH or whoever else takes exception. Spot on. The extra punishment for Orton makes me thing he's going to defend the title in a six man challenge or something at Backlash - Cena, JBL, HHH, Kennedy, Jericho, HBK could all be in the frame.

Really impressed with it, mate, enjoyed it. Looking forward to the second RAW when it comes, ECW and SMACKDOWN should be interesting now that you've started so well! Keep it up!

GCB

SmackdownBanner.png
Friday Night Smackdown
April 5, 2008
BankAtlantic Center - Fort Lauderdale, Florida​

Rated-R Reward Scheme​

We cut out all of the fireworks and pyro, and instead we go right to the ring, and the capacity crowd holds nothing back when letting their feelings go towards the Smackdown General Manager, Vickie Guerrero. Guerrero sits in her wheelchair in the centre of the ring, before slowly raising her microphone up to her mouth.

Vickie Guerrero: EXCUSE ME!

Welcome to Smackdown! All of the fans unsurprisingly boo Vickie already.

Vickie Guerrero: At Wrestlemania, The Undertaker defeated my fiancée Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship-

The fans EXPLODE with cheers! Guerrero is irate, but she continues anyway.

Vickie Guerrero: But Edge has informed me that he would like to execute his rematch clause at the next WWE Pay-Per-View event, Backlash. So as General Manager of Smackdown, I confirm that The Undertaker will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Edge at Backlash.

The fans don’t seem to like this, and carry on the continual heat for the GM.

Vickie Guerrero: So without further adieu, let me introduce to you the man that will defeat The Undertaker at Backlash and become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion, my love, “The Rated-R Superstar”.. EDGE!!

“YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME”
*METALINHUS*​

The fans let out a mixed reaction for Edge, as the “Rated-R Superstar” bounds out onto the stage and soaks in the atmosphere. He seems in a good mood despite losing 5 nights ago, but that would have been down to being named the number one contender. Edge walks down the ramp and into the ring, dressed in one of his own t-shirts and some jeans, as well as a beanie hat. Vickie applauds her man as he enters the ring under the bottom rope, and Edge wastes no time in taking the microphone off of his fiancée.

Edge: Undertaker, I’m going to cut right to the chase here; you did not deserve to beat me at Wrestlemania. No one has come as close to ending your streak as I was, and no one will ever get closer. That is because no one had as much on the line as I did. You were putting your Wrestlemania streak up against MY World Heavyweight Championship.

The fans start an “UN-DER-TAKER” chant, which clearly riles Edge up.

Edge: But don’t think your victory five nights ago was a title change, no. When you beat me, you were merely signing a loan agreement, because at Backlash, I’m taking my title back, and there is nothing you, these people, or even your stupid brother can do to stop me.

Edge scowls as he says every word.

Edge: Because of you and your stupid brother, Kane-

Edge is cut off by a pop for the Big Red Monster, which he responds to by saying “Really?” off mic.

Edge: Because of your family, my family are not here tonight. You almost killed Hawkins and Ryder at Wrestlemania, and Kane humiliated Chavo when he wasn’t even ready to take his ECW Championship. Undertaker, I know that you’ve already created some form of bond with the World Heavyweight Championship; so much so that it is almost a part of you.

Edge holds his hand out open as he continues.

Edge: But at Backlash, I’m going to tear that part of you right out with my bare hands. I’m going to take the World Heavyweight Championship from you, just like you’ve taken my Familia from me tonight.

Speaking through gritted teeth, Edge then turns to Vickie. He then brings up a much more calm and happy demeanour.

Edge: So thank you to my beautiful wife, I have the chance to make everything better here on Smackdown again.

Edge turns back to the camera and goes back to the angry Edge.

Edge: And Undertaker, I promise, once you’ve gone through another match with me, you’ll want to hang up the boots altogether.

The Rated-R Superstar passes his hands through his hair, and then raises his microphone up again.

Edge: Now play my music so I can get out of this craphole.

That comment is obviously met with vicious heat from the Fort Lauderdale crowd, as Edge drops his microphone and looks set to leave.

*I WALK ALONE*

The BankAtlantic Center EXPLODES with an earth-shattering pop for "The Animal" Batista! Edge and Guerrero look astonished and annoyed about being interrupted. Batista, dressed in a shirt and jeans, jogs down the ramp and picks up a microphone as he makes his way into the ring. Edge looks flabbergasted that Batista is out here during his time. Batista waits for the fans and his music to quieten down before he speaks.

Batista: I don't know about you guys, but that was the biggest load of crap I've ever heard in my life.

BIG pop for Batista, and Edge is even angrier now.

Edge: What the-

Batista: Edge, look, you're not going to retire The Undertaker, I'm not going to retire The Undertaker; no one is going to retire The Undertaker. The Undertaker is a constant in the WWE, we all know that he'll never leave-

Edge: That is what everyone said about Ric Flair.

Batista removes his sunglasses as Edge looks quite proud of himself after that one, and the crowd boo Edge even louder than before.

Batista: You're lucky I have something to say, because if not I would have torn your head clean off of your shoulders by now.

Batista has his angry face on now, as Edge may have soiled himself.

Batista: I came out here because I think that I should get a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship too.

The fans seem to like the idea of that, and Vickie snatches Edge's microphone off of her fiancee.

Vickie Guerrero: Excuse me, Batista, but are you deaf? I've already named Edge as the number one contender at Backlash. Maybe if you win some more matches-

Batista: But I did win a match! I beat Umaga in the Battle of the Brands, and won for you and Smackdown! We all know what the rumour was right? You know, don't you Vickie?

The fans shout "NO" whilst Edge and Vickie look just as confused as each other.

Batista: Well, the rumour was... that if Raw would have won at Wrestlemania, Vickie, you'd be fired!

The fans pop, as Guerrero isn't sure how to act to that news.

Batista: So, Vickie, that means that by me beating Umaga; I saved your job. Before you all start booing me too; I did it because I know that if I'd have done Vickie Guerrero a favour like that; she'd surely want to give me a World Heavyweight Championship Match! So Vickie, do you want to give me a World Heavyweight Championship Match?

There is a buzz in the air, as Vickie is shellshocked at the news that she owes her job to Batista! The GM slowly raises her mic up to her mouth, and speaks very slowly, in almost a robotic drone voice.

Vickie Guerrero: Batista, tonight, you will face Edge... and if you win, you will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Backlash... and it will be a Triple Threat Match.

*I WALK ALONE*

There has never been a scene where so many contrasting emotions have been displayed; the fans are going crazy, Batista is ecstatic, Vickie is mute and not moving at all, and Edge is absolutely furious! Edge pleads with Guerrero to reverse the decision, but she breaks her silence and can be seen telling Edge that she had to because she can't get fired. Batista exits the ring through the ropes, and he gives his sunglasses to a young fan before making his way up the ramp and looking back at Edge having an absolute temper tantrum in the ring as Smackdown goes to it's first commercial break.

Commercial Break

We return to Smackdown and we are greeted by our announce team for the first time tonight.

Michael Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back to Smackdown, Michael Cole here with Jonathon Coachman here with me, and Coach, what a start to Smackdown.

Jonathon Coachman: Mike, Vickie Guerrero has shown us all tonight that she is a fair General Manager. She has given Batista the chance to join the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Backlash, joining her fiancé Edge and The Undertaker.

Michael Cole: Fair? She gave Edge the title shot after not doing anything!

Jonathon Coachman: Edge deserves the title shot; he lost the title at Wrestlemania, and he has a rematch clause! He doesn’t need to do anything to earn it. Anyway, Edge will win at Backlash; The Undertaker is only good at Wrestlemania. I know that if I trained hard enough, I’d be able to beat The Undertaker next year.

*GONG*

Coach almost shits himself at ringside, as the lights in the arena then go out!!

*GONG*
*GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY*

The fans are all on their feet, as the camera focuses on the stage which has now been shrouded with smoke, and then the World Heavyweight Champion, The Undertaker appears through the mist! The champion wears his title around his waist underneath his coat as he slowly walks towards the ring down the ramp.

Michael Cole: What was that you were saying, Coach?

Jonathon Coachman: Look, the guy is 16-0, he has to lose some time or another, who’s to say that The Coach isn’t the man that could do it; I have bags of potential, Michael.

Michael Cole: Yeah, keep dreamin’.

‘Taker gets into the ring and as he walks up the steps he makes the lights come back on by raising his arms. He walks into the ring and removes his hat so the fans can see his cold eyes. He hands his title to the referee and then places his jacket over the ropes as he does a little bit of shadow boxing to warm himself up as he waits for his opponent to show.

*YOU WILL REMEMBER ME*​

There is not much in the way of a reaction, but a fair amount of boos as Chuck Palumbo then rides out onto the stage through the curtain on a motorbike. He quickly then rides down the ramp and circles the ring not taking his eyes off of The Undertaker for a moment.

Michael Cole: Chuck Palumbo has a huge chance tonight against the World Champion, and if he was to some way be able to knock off of The Undertaker, he could rise to heights he’s never seen before here on Smackdown.
Jonathon Coachman: I like this guy; and that is a pretty sweet motorbike; kinda like mine.

Michael Cole: I don’t even want to ask. But let’s make no mistake about it; Palumbo is a big guy and he is more than able to go at it in the ring. Although his mean streak often takes charge when he is in the ring and that doesn’t make him all too popular with the fans here.

Jonathon Coachman: Someone like Chuck Palumbo shouldn’t be worried about what these stupid fans think; I don’t! Undertaker is off of his game, he’s just learnt that he is defending his title against one, maybe two men at Backlash; his mind is not in this match.

Palumbo gets into the ring, and he then looks at Undertaker and points at his bike, but he gets no approval from the champion who means all business. Palumbo removes his jacket, and he tells the referee that he is ready to go.

Match One:
Non-Title Match:
World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker vs Chuck Palumbo

Coming into the match at round the four minute mark, and up to this point the World Heavyweight Champion has had things firmly in control over Palumbo; using his superior striking ability to shut Chuck out. Taker currently has Palumbo in the corner, and is in the middle of connecting with solid body shots to Palumbo’s mid section, but the referee is obliged to come in and separate the men. The ref moves, and Palumbo charges out of the corner and tackles The Undertaker down with a flying shoulder block! This takes the crowd by surprise, and Palumbo now starts hammering away at The Undertaker’s head with right hands in order to wear the champion down. Palmubo lifts Taker up and whips him off of the ropes and knocks him back down with a lariat. Palumbo goes for a quick cover...One...Taker kicks out!

Chuck realises that he is going to need a lot more than that to beat the World Heavyweight Champion, so he now turns Taker over onto his front and grabs him by the neck and pulls back with his knee on Undertaker’s back; applying a Camel Clutch style submission hold. The fans rally up an “UNDER-TAKER” chant, but Palumbo barks at them to shut up, and he then pulls further back on the champion’s neck. Taker holds his arm out to try and get to the bottom rope, but he just cannot reach it! Taker starts to shuffle himself forwards, but Palumbo then increases the pressure even more! Taker groans in pain as he fights through and still tries to move himself towards the bottom rope, and he reaches out one final time and GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE!! The fans cheer loudly as the Palumbo utilizes the 5-count before letting up on the hold. Palumbo gets Undertaker back up to his feet, and goes to whip him across the ring, but Taker rebounds off of the ropes and then hits a flying forearm right to Palumbo’s face!!

Both men now lay flat on their backs, as both have taken a decent amount of damage in the match so far, with Palumbo’s quick outburst doing well to wear down the champion after his huge Wrestlemania match. The crowd is getting into this match as both men still lay flat on their backs in the centre of the ring... but then THE UNDERTAKER SITS UP!! The fans go crazy, as The Phenom has hell in his eyes and he gets up to his feet, and he now waits on Palumbo, who is currently now back to a knee. Undertaker holds his hand up, and then Palumbo gets to his feet, and he is goozled by The Undertaker!! Taker then tries to lift him up but Palumbo with a knee to the stomach!! Palumbo runs against the ropes but he is met by The Undertaker’s hand around his throat, and Taker then takes him for a ride with a CHOKESLAM!! The fans pop, as now Taker signals for the end, and he now waits for Palumbo to get back to his feet once again. Chuck starts to stir, and he then starts crawling up using the ropes, and he gets to his feet but he is still groggy and turns right into The Undertaker who then scoops him up!! The fans are electric now, as Taker drops him down with a Tombstone Piledriver!! Palumbo is spiked and Taker lays his arms across for the Darkness Pin...One...Two...Three!!!

Winner: The Undertaker (6.36)

*GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY*

The fans show their appreciation for the champion, as the referee goes and retrieves his title newly won title from ringside, and Taker then holds it in the air as the lights then dim down, and Taker kneels down as the fans still applaud him. Palumbo lays flat on his back from the Tombstone, but Taker seems like that he knows that he was in a fight in that match.

Michael Cole: Well, Coach, you still want to take on The Undertaker?

Jonathon Coachman: If he wrestles like he did tonight, even you could beat him. Chuck Palumbo was all over him, and even though he didn’t get the win, this guy has a big upside.

Michael Cole: I just don’t get why you weren’t impressed with the World Heavyweight Champion. Yeah, Palumbo put up a good fight; but The Undertaker has carried forward his momentum from Wrestlemania, and even if he defends that championship against Edge and Batista I still see him walking out of Backlash as the champion.

Fading out from the Undertaker standing victorious, we fade to the newest members of the Smackdown roster, the WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison! They are walking down a corridor, and they seem to be talking amongst themselves.

The Miz: John, I just don’t get what everybody sees in them; one of them is like 50 years old, and the other is the son of like the lamest WWE “legend” in history; and people say that they are better than us?

John Morrison: I don’t get it either man... Hey, check it out!

Morrison points to the right, and the camera pans and we see that Hornswoggle is standing there holding his hat! The tag team champions then approach him.

The Miz: Hey little guy! I bet you feel so cool being here on Smackdown! Do you want a Miz hat?

Hornswoggle looks up and gives Miz a weird look, before making an incoherent noise that makes Miz and Morrison laugh.

The Miz: Can this thing even talk?

Miz gets down low right to Hornswoggle’s height, and puts his arm around him.

The Miz: Would you like an autograph? Or is being in the presence of the greatest WWE Tag Team Champions enough for ya, little guy?

John Morrison: Errr... Miz...

The camera then sees that a pair of legs has emerged behind The Miz and the camera pans up and FINLAY IS STANDING BEHIND THE MIZ!! The fans pop big time and Miz acts like he has seen a ghost!

Finlay: I’d appreciate it if ya left him alone, if t’ats alright.

Miz then slowly backs away as Hornswoggle tries to bite at him but Finlay pulls him back.

The Miz: Is this what Smackdown is like? God damn freaks everywhere! You can keep your stupid leprechaun.

The fans boo as The Miz walks away, and Finlay seems to be angered and is now trying to restrain himself as well as Horny. Morrison seems to have been awkwardly watching the conversation and he then follows his idiotic partner.

Commercial Break

Returning from commercial, we see Eve standing in the interview area, and standing next to her is the man that is going to have a United States Title Match tonight; Matt Hardy! The pair gets a big pop from the fans which cause them both to smile.

Eve: I’m here with Matt Hardy, and Matt at Wrestlemania this past Sunday you returned to cost MVP the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and deny him a chance of becoming WWE of World Heavyweight Champion; and tonight you face that man MVP for his United States Championship. What are your thoughts going into this match tonight?

Matt Hardy: Well Eve, myself and MVP have gotten ourselves quite a lot of history together in the past year, and it has all been because of the United States Championship. Ever since he won that title; I’ve wanted to be the guy that took it off of him.

Hardy seems really annoyed as he remembers more of his story with MVP.

Matt Hardy: He’s beaten me up, I’ve beaten him up, we’ve even been Tag Team Champions together; and it was all because I want to be the United States Champion. So when MVP decided that he wanted to be become a World Champion too; I wasn’t going to take that sitting down. MVP is taking the United States title for granted; and tonight I am going to prove that without it he is nothing.

The fans pop as Hardy warms himself up through his words.

Matt Hardy: Tonight I am going to take out all of that rage and suffering that has been building in me for MONTHS now and I am going to use it to destroy Montel Vontavious Porter, and then and only then I can say that I have succeeded here on Smackdown.

The fans pop again

Matt Hardy: MVP, you better bring your A-Game.

Hardy then gives the camera a last stern look before walking off and leaving Eve with something to think about. The camera then cuts back to the arena, and we see a young man that we’ve never seen before, and he is only around 5’7 and about 170lbs (think Josh Matthews), and he does a couple of stretches as he looks out into the crowd, and Michael Cole’s voice chimes in once again.

Michael Cole: Matt Hardy there looking to get some revenge against MVP in one of our two main events, and the United States Championship will be on the line! In the ring right now is a young man named Aaron Price, and I’ve done my homework on this kid and he seems legitimate, Coach.

Jonathon Coachman: I happen to know the man that this guy is facing; Trust me Michael, he doesn’t have a chance.

*SOMEBODIES GONNA GET IT*

The fans let out a huge mixed reaction, as Mark Henry then walks out from behind the curtain. Coachman on commentary starts to sing along to Henry’s music, as “The World’s Strongest Man” slowly walks down to the ring, and he snarls at his opponent and a few fans at ringside. As Henry approaches the ring steps to get into the ring, a fan reaches out and just pats him on the back, and Henry turns around and gets into the man’s face; shouting him down back into his seat.

Michael Cole: What a bad attitude Mark Henry has; all that fan wanted to do was touch a WWE Superstar!

Jonathon Coachman: Mark Henry doesn’t have time for these pathetic people and their stupid dreams. He is focused on doing what he needs to do and winning matches in that ring; after all that is his job, Michael. Maybe you should do yours and stop trying to make Mark Henry out to be a bad person.

Cole simply sighs and doesn’t even give Coach a comeback, as Henry climbs into the ring; still staring a hole through his opponent. Price looks like he may have soiled himself at the sheer size of Mark Henry; and the young man tries his best not to look scared but isn’t doing the best job in hiding his fear. The referee does his last minute checks as he pats down both men; but seems a little scared to check Henry, but when the music dies down, he calls for the bell to start the match.

Match Two:
Mark Henry vs Aaron Price

As soon as the bell rings, Price charges across the ring but Henry knocks him down with a HUGE shoulder tackle!! The fans already fear for the kid, as he rolls around clutching his back in agony, but Henry is not the type to show mercy. Henry plucks him up off of the mat, and pushes him right into the corner; Price’s head bouncing off of the top turnbuckle! Henry walks in and sets Price up in the corner; using the ring ropes to hook the rookie’s arms around, trapping him. Henry steps back into the opposite corner and he charges in and CRUSHES poor Aaron Price!! The fans are deflated already, as Henry laughs at the crumpled man in the corner. The referee tries to come in and check on Price but Henry beats him there, and he then picks Price up again and rolls him into the centre of the ring. Price has the chance to get up but he just can’t after the huge hits from Henry; a man that weighs well over double of his weight. Henry backs up into the corner again, and he runs in and SPLASHES ONTO PRICE!! Price’s legs comedically fly into the air on impact. Henry, getting up from his knees, laughs at the man on the mat before grabbing him by the arm and lifting him up. Henry scoops poor Price up and then plants him to the mat with the World’s Strongest Slam! The fans jeer, as Henry places his hand onto Price’s chest for the referee to count the pin...One...Two...Three.

Winner: Mark Henry (1.23)

*SOMEBODIES GONNA GET IT*​

The fans are hushed, but a few boos are smattered in there, as Henry stands up to his feet with a sadistic smile and he rubs his hands together looking like he has just warmed up. The referee comes over to Henry and tentatively grabs his arm to raise it in victory. Henry then marches across the ring and shouts at the fans.

Michael Cole: Oh my... we need some medical assistance for this kid. This was supposed to be his first WWE match but it was just a mauling.

Jonathon Coachman: Haha! My man Mark Henry just steamrolled through this dweeb without even breaking a sweat! We don’t need a medic we need a fish slice to scrape this kid off of the mat!

Michael Cole: Coach, I can’t believe that you’re taking such joy in what Mark Henry just did.

Jonathon Coachman: I’m the kinda guy that appreciates watching competitors like Mark Henry do what they do best; just like the people at home love watching me do what I do best, which is making you look terrible at your job.

Coach laughs at his joke, as Henry backs up the ramp with a smile on his face still; the medics now surrounding Aaron, applying a neck brace. The last image before we go to commercial is Henry smiling at the camera with the crowd booing him.

Commercial Break

We return from the commercial, and in the ring we see the team of Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang talking amongst them, but the two seem optimistic. They get a good reaction from the fans, but the camera’s attention then turns to the stage and the titantron.

*AINT NO MAKE BELIEVE*

The fans turn into pure heat, as we see the WWE Tag Team Champions, The Miz and John Morrison for the second time tonight, and the majority of the boos most likely for the way they spoke about Hornswoggle earlier on. The two pose with their championships, and then walk down the ramp in slow motion as the commentators talk over.

Michael Cole: I can’t believe the egos on these two men; already they are making enemies here on Smackdown! Why would they make fun of poor little Hornswoggle like that? He’s been through enough recently, AND, if you upset Hornswoggle you annoy Finlay! Why would they do that?

Jonathon Coachman: I personally can’t wait to see more of these two on Smackdown; they’ve got the look, they’ve got the skills, they’ve also got lots of hot babes at their feet, what isn’t to love?

Michael Cole: How about their total lack of respect for anyone else?
Jonathon Coachman: When you’re as hip and cool as these two are, you don’t need to respect anyone to get respected. Look at me!

(I love writing Coach). The champions are now in the ring, and Morrison removes his fur coat and shades to reveal a severely underwhelmed look on his face at the opposition, even looking over at Miz and asking “Really?” before The Miz starts waving at Moore, and he does a little cowboy jig to try and aggravate Yang. Both champions then hold their title belts in the air before handing them to the referee; both looking as smug as each other as they do.

Match Three:
Non- Title Match:
WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison vs Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang

We join the match three minutes in, and John Morrison is currently in the ring with Shannon Moore, as the champions have isolated the punk rocker, making frequent tags to prevent Wang Yang to get into the match. Morrison lifts Moore up to his feet and whips him across the ring, before catching him with an arm drag, with Moore’s back landing flat on the mat. Morrison keeps the arm tight and extends his hand to Miz, who goofily gets into the ring and picks up where Morrison left off, and smashes Moore with a right hand to the head. Moore lands on the mat and Miz goes for a quick cover, but Moore powers out. Shannon sits up to try and reach his partner, but Miz rebound off of the ropes and goes down low with a lariat! The fans can’t help but just watch as Moore is picked apart by the champions. Miz goes for another cover, hooking the leg this time, One...Two..No! The fans pop for Moore’s resilience, as Miz brings him up to his feet slowly now, holding him by the head and turning him around by the neck and dropping Moore with a Neckbreaker!! Miz gets up and lets out a “HOO-RAH”, with the fans booing, and Miz then runs over to Morrison and tags the “Friday Night Delight” back into the match.

Miz on the apron starts making fun of Wang Yang on the opposite side by doing a cowboy dance; clearly loving watching his partner take it to Shannon Moore. Morrison has Moore in the corner and lays into him with a right hand to the face; Moore falls out of the corner and Morrison leaps and connects with an enziguiri to the back of the head!! The fans give a small applause for the athleticism, as Miz barks for JoMo to tag him in instead of going for a cover. Morrison seems a little annoyed, but obliges, and Miz climbs through the ropes and does a goofy walk over to Moore, and gives out a “HOO-RAH”, only to be met by boos from the fans. Miz waves it off and uses the ropes to drop his knee down on Moore’s head, but everyone else’s attention then turns to the stage, as a huge pop has rang out through the arena... FINLAY IS CHARGING DOWN THE RAMP!!! Finlay reaches ringside and then he pulls Morrison off of the apron and drills him with a clothesline!! The referee rings the bell for the disqualification due to the interference!

Winners: The Miz & John Morrison via Disqualification (5.55)

The fans are going crazy as Finlay pounds away on Morrison with right and left hands, but Miz in the ring sees what is happening and he lets off of Moore to go and deal with Finlay. Miz gets out of the ring the camera side, and walks around the turnbuckle towards Finlay; who is still on Morrison. Miz shouts, but he falls... and the camera revealed that HORNSWOGGLE TRIPPED MIZ OVER!! Miz falls right onto his face, just as Finlay decides that Morrison has had enough of a beating. Finlay gets to his feet, and he turns around to see Miz on the floor right at his feet! Miz quickly bolts into a seated position; pleading with Finlay. Miz edges backwards, but he is stopped by the wall that is Hornswoggle! Miz lets his arms flop down to admit his fate, just as Finlay stomps on his chest and the fans comes alive!

Jonathon Coachman: Come on! The Miz is defenceless here!

Finlay picks Miz up and rolls him into the ring, before following him in before Miz can get away, as Hornswoggle climbs up the steps. Finlay picks The Miz up and places him over his shoulder and dropping him with the Celtic Cross!! The fans pop huge again, as Hornswoggle now climbs up the turnbuckle. Finlay drags Miz’s carcass near the corner, and Hornswoggle reaches the top rope. Finlay gives his son a thumbs up and Hornswoggle then leaps and gives Miz a Tadpole Splash!! The fans cheer louder than before as Hornswoggle rolls off and does a little jig as Finlay reaches for a microphone.

Finlay: Nobody calls my son stupid.

*LAMBEG*

The fans roar, as Finlay slams the mic down onto the chest of The Miz, and he motions for Hornswoggle to follow him out of the ring; moving the ropes open for his son before they make their way to the back.

Jonathon Coachman: What the hell was that? This stupid Irish idiot has just taken out both of our tag team champions! Then his little troll of a son decides to join in! What is this, some kind of freak show?!

Michael Cole: You heard what Finlay just said. The Miz insulted Hornswoggle backstage earlier tonight and this was him getting some pay back for what happened.

Morrison now crawls back into the ring once Finlay is out of the way up the ramp. Morrison goes over to The Miz and checks he is okay, and he helps Miz up a little, and the camera picks up The Miz looking furiously on at Finlay, with one of those intimidating stares .

Michael Cole: Well, you might not like it, Coach, but the tag team champions just got it taken to them by the man that loves to fight. Later on though in our main event, we’ll see another fight! General Manager Vickie Guerrero earlier tonight named Edge the number one contender to The Undertaker’s World Heavyweight Championship at Backlash. That is when Batista took exception; let’s take a look.

The replay of Vickie making the match earlier tonight is shown, and Cole commentates over it.

Michael Cole: Batista will face Edge tonight, with the stipulation being that if “The Animal” wins, he will be added to the match at Backlash and it will become a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship! That, as well as a United States Championship Match, is still to come tonight on Smackdown!

We then cut to a backstage area, and we see Edge sitting on a sofa; he can’t seem to keep his legs still, and it seems that the nerves are taking over him. The fans don’t show the “Rated-R Superstar” a lot of love, but the boos only intensify, when his fiancé and Smackdown General Manager, Vickie Guerrero comes and places her chair next to him and puts her arm over Edge’s shoulders.

Edge: Don’t touch me! The only reason I’m in this match tonight is because of you! Why... why did you have to give Batista the chance to get into MY rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship? Do you not want me to win the title back?

Vickie takes her arm off of Edge, and despite his outburst, she remains calm.

Vickie Guerrero: Edge baby, you’ve got nothing to worry about. The only reason I gave Batista that match is because as General Manager I have to show impartiality.

Edge then turns to Vickie and gives her a look to say “What?”

Vickie Guerrero: But that doesn’t mean that I can’t have a favourite Superstar.

The fans boo loudly for that comment as Edge now smirks.

Vickie Guerrero: I know that you can beat Batista without any help; but that doesn’t mean I can’t give you any. You need to be fresh for Backlash, Edge. So tonight is going to run smoothly and you are going to beat Batista.

Edge: And then at Backlash, I take back what is rightfully mine; the World Heavyweight Championship.

Vickie then looks directly at her man, and says “Exactly”, before Smackdown’s resident power couple smile at each other, before they break out into a disgustingly graphic kiss, with the crowd wrenching as we fade to another commercial break.

Commercial Break

SmackdownBanner.png

(continued)

We’re back now, and we are in the interview area once again, but this time it is Josh Matthews holding the microphone.

Josh Matthews: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am honoured to be here with my guest at this time, the man that has a chance to enter the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Backlash, “The Animal” Batista!

Batista then walks into the shot to a huge pop from the fans, and he is now changed into his ring gear. Dave looks happy as he nods at Matthews.

Josh Matthews: Batista, tonight you face Edge, where you have the chance to join the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Backlash and make it a Triple Threat Match; what is your strategy going into this match?

Batista: That’s a good question, Josh. I’ve planned my strategy for my match with Edge around the strategy that I know that he is going to have. I know that Vickie Guerrero will have some kind of plan in place to try to make sure that it stays one on one at Backlash between Edge and The Undertaker.

Batista shakes his head.

Batista: But that isn’t going to happen. It isn’t going to happen because I am going to beat Edge tonight in the middle of the ring, one, two, three.

The fans pop, as Batista starts to shake his arms and is psyching himself up.

Batista: At Wrestlemania, I represented Smackdown and beat UMAGA, one of the toughest guys in the whole company, and I didn’t need any help to do it. I know that recently Edge has been using these guys like pawns to help him win his matches, but Edge, Vickie, you’re gonna need an army to beat me tonight.

The fans pop again, as Batista smiles.

Batista: And Josh, to answer your question, my strategy is to beat Edge that badly tonight that he won’t even be able to make it to Backlash, so it will be me one on one with The Undertaker, and I will become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

The fans seem to like the sound of that, and Batista then thanks Josh and pats him on the back before leaving. Matthews smiles as he is left inside the frame by himself and the camera fades out.

Back in the arena, we see that the very familiar tunnel of the United States Champion has been set up over the stage.

“ONE, TWO, YA HEAR THE CLOCK TICKIN...”
*I’M COMIN*

There is a cheer for the Florida native from the fans for the United States Champion, MVP, who bursts out of the tunnel entrance and looks at the fans, seeming disappointed? He goes to do his pyro but waves it off before walking down to the ring, and snubbing his home state fans!

Michael Cole: These fans actually wanted to see MVP tonight, and this is how he treats them?

Jonathon Coachman: If you stepped out of your customized tunnel and saw all of these hideous faces looking at you, would you be pleased? Wait, who am I kidding? You’re nowhere near cool enough to get your own tunnel!

Michael Cole: Well MVP has his work cut out for him tonight; Matt Hardy is ready to take the United States Championship from him.

MVP gets into the ring and just holds the title up; not bothering to play to the crowd at all. He takes his chains off as the tunnel has now been pushed aside and MVP’s music cut off, as all in attendance await the challenger.

“OH YEAAAHHH”
*LIVE FOR THE MOMENT*

The fans go crazy for Matt Hardy!! Hardy bounces up onto the stage and seems more than willing to make up for MVP’s reluctance to play to the crowd, as he makes a special effort to slap hands with every member of the audience on both sides of the ramp as he makes his way down.

Jonathon Coachman: Three words. Never. Gonna. Happen. No matter how much you play it that Matt Hardy is destined to become United States Champion at some point or another, tonight MVP will show everyone why Matt Hardy is nothing more than trailer trash.

Michael Cole: I’ll ignore that. Matt Hardy for years was known as a tag team specialist with his brother Jeff, but tonight he looks to solidify his singles legacy by capturing the United States Championship. And I think all of these fans want to see it too!

Hardy gets into the ring and does his V1 pose for everyone to see, before telling the referee that he is ready as both men move towards the centre of the ring and the atmosphere is electric in the arena.

Match Four:
United States Championship Match
MVP © vs Matt Hardy

We join the match around six minutes in, and thus far, it has been fairly even between the two men, as both have already had their finishing moves countered. Hardy has been the main aggressor thus far, as he has been taking out all of his frustrations on MVP. Both men are currently on the outside of the ring after Hardy clotheslined MVP over the top rope and then followed him out. Hardy is currently bringing MVP up to his feet and he smashes Porter’s head into the ring apron! The fans give their approval as Hardy proceeds to do it again!! Hardy goes to do it a third time, but MVP blocks it! Porter elbows Hardy in the stomach and pushes him right back into the barricade! MVP crouches down to his knees as Hardy collapses to the floor holding his head. Cole points out the injury sustained by Tommy Dreamer on ECW, and he says that Hardy may have something similar after that. MVP looks at Hardy in pain and slides into the ring smiling knowing he can possibly get the count out victory. The champion orders for the referee to start counting as Hardy is yet to move.
One
Two
Three
Hardy hears the referee’s count, and he looks up into the ring at MVP waiting and taunting him; with Porter’s insults only spurring him on.
Four
Five
Matt starts to swallow the pain up and he starts to just crawl towards the ring.
Six
Seven
Hardy reaches the side of the ring and he lifts his arm up and grabs the apron, but there is still the hard work to go!
Eight
Hardy tries to heave himself up, but his one arm isn’t enough! He gives one final heave
Nine
...and makes it into the ring!!

The fans pop for Hardy’s determination, and ‘Never Say Die’ shit, but as soon as Hardy is back into the ring MVP is all over him with boots to the face and chest. The referee has to pull the champion away as he is now starting to show his mean streak for the first time in this match. MVP picks Hardy off of the mat and he places him in the corner. MVP then slaps Hardy across the chest to keep him still, before taking a few steps back, and the cameras catch the US Champ mouthing “You don’t cost me nothin’” before running in and connecting with a RUNNING BOOT TO THE FACE!! Hardy flops down to the mat as MVP smiles whilst taking his boot off of the turnbuckle. The fans boo, but MVP tells them to shut up and he waits from behind for Hardy to get up. Matt shows limited signs of movement, so MVP grabs him from behind and just knocks him back down to the mat with a lariat to the back of the neck. MVP goes down and turns Matt over before hooking the leg. One...Two...Thr-NO!!

The ever popular Matt Hardy stays strong and keeps in the match, but MVP is not happy, and he drags Matt into the centre of the ring, before applying a headlock!! The rest hold is applied perfectly in the centre of the ring, and Cole plays up how the hold will weaken Hardy’s head and neck further after all of the punishment taken so far. Hardy seems to be unresponsive to the referee’s callings, and MVP visibly cranks up the pressure even higher and Hardy has nowhere to go. The referee grabs Hardy’s arm to check if he has passed out, but the limb drops to the mat! The ref lifts it up again, and after dropping it, it thuds against the mat once more. MVP starts smiling as he barks for the ref to do it again. The referee complies and just as Hardy’s arm is about to hit the floor it turns into a defiant fist and stops just above the ground! MVP’s taunting only seems to empower Matt Hardy! MVP desperately tries to crank up the pressure again but Hardy starts to build up some adrenaline and he manages to get up to one knee! MVP thinks ahead and breaks the hold, and slaps the back of Hardy’s head; only further firing Hardy up! Hardy gets to his feet and he connects with a right hand to the face of MVP. The two start to trade blows in the centre of the ring, and Hardy starts to get the advantage and he knocks MVP back onto the ropes! Hardy goes in to whip MVP across the ring but Porter turns it around and Hardy goes for the ride. MVP ducks under Hardy’s clothesline attempt and when Hardy comes back the United States Champion catches the challenger and throws him right over his head! The Hardy comeback is stopped as soon as it started to pick up some steam, as the fans boo the champion whilst he gets back to his feet, rubbing his jaw. MVP sees Hardy spread eagle on the mat and dives in to make the cover, hooking the leg! One...Two...Thre-NO!!

The fans ERUPT at Hardy kicking out of the judo throw, and MVP’s head is in his hands, as he is learning what Matt Hardy means when he says that he will not die. Hardy has barely moved since he mustered the energy to kick out, but MVP smiles as he gets up to his feet. Porter walks across the ring and he stands in the corner opposite to where Hardy is situated, and he shouts for Hardy to get up. Hardy stirs as he barely manages to get up to a single knee, but the fans realise that MVP wanted him to get to that position as the champion runs in and goes for the DRIVE BY KICK-HARDY MOVED!! MVP crashes right into the turnbuckle, and Hardy is behind him to quickly roll him up right after the impact! One...Two...Thr-NO!! MVP was able to roll out just in time! Hardy was almost champion. MVP rolls back through, and both men get up to their feet quickly. MVP swings for Hardy, but Hardy telegraphs it and ducks, whilst hooking his own arm around MVP’s neck and hitting the SIDE EFFECT!! The fans get on their feet as now Hardy is in complete and total control of MVP. Hardy decides not to go for the cover, electing to go and climb the turnbuckle instead! The fans are on the edge of their seats, they watch Hardy struggle to make it up the turnbuckle, actually slipping on it at one point. Porter still hasn’t moved by the time that Hardy stands on the top rope, and the challenger dives down and crashes onto the champion with an elbow drop!!

A “HAR-DY” chant fills the arena, as both men lay out on the mat after that high risk move from the challenger, Matt Hardy. Hardy is the first to realise where his opponent is in relation to himself, and he stretches out his arm over the champion’s chest for the pin...One...Two...Thre-MVP KICKS OUT! Porter somehow stays alive to the amazement of everyone in the building. Hardy doesn’t seem dispirited, but he looks up to the heavens for some inspiration, and he nods to himself; saying that he knows what he has to do. Hardy makes it up to his feet after holding his neck. Hardy then does his dance to try and fire up the fans, and he lets us know that he plans on going for the Twist of Fate! MVP takes his time to get up, and Hardy is almost foaming at the mouth, but MVP turns around and is kicked in the gut by Hardy! Hardy hooks MVP up, but Porter pushes Hardy’s back and the challenger goes flying into the turnbuckle! Hardy stumbles back onto his backside, and MVP then runs against the ropes and connects with the DRIVE BY KICK!! The fans are deflated, as they know the final nail is now in the coffin. MVP smugly looks out to the fans as he walks on his knees over to Hardy whilst holding his jaw. Porter then lies across his downed challenger and hooks the leg...One...Two....Three!! MVP retains in a clean-as-a-whistle match!!

Winner and STILL United States Champion: MVP (11.14)

*I’M COMIN*

The fans can’t believe that Hardy has failed again. MVP gets up and talks a huge amount of smack to the fans as he has his championship handed to him by the referee. MVP sees Hardy smarting on the mat, holding his jaw, and Porter shows the complete disrespect by going over to his fallen challenger and using his foot to roll Hardy under the bottom rope!! Hardy lands with a thud on the floor as the heat only intensifies for MVP as he raises his championship in the air after another successful defence.

Jonathon Coachman: What did I tell ya? There is a reason that MVP has held that belt for almost a year now, and that is because he makes wins like that against Matt Hardy look routine.

Michael Cole: I’ll hand it to MVP, that was a performance worthy of a champion tonight, but you gotta give it to Matt Hardy there. Hardy was so close to finally beating MVP tonight and finally getting his pay back after all of these months. MVP though showed the ultimate disrespect there though.

Jonathon Coachman: MVP was right to do that. He shouldn’t be forced to share a ring with a low life like Matt Hardy!

Michael Cole: A tough break for Matt Hardy tonight, but up next, is our main event. We know Edge is going to Backlash, but will Batista join him? Find out, after this commercial break!

Commercial Break

Back in the arena following the commercial, there is a buzz in the crowd as they all know what is coming up next. The anticipation is almost at fever-pitch at this point, but the arena explodes for...

*I WALK ALONE*

The fans are all on their feet, as the ovation is almost deafening for the popular Batista! “The Animal” walks out onto the stage, and squats down to shoot all of his pyro into the air, before nailing the final blast of fireworks. He looks just about as psyched as a person can possibly be, as he marches down to the ring, slapping hands with all of the fans in the front row.

Michael Cole: There he is! “The Animal” Batista with a golden chance tonight to receive a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at Backlash, where he will join The Undertaker and his opponent tonight, Edge, in a Triple Threat Match should he beat Edge now.

Jonathon Coachman: Don’t get me wrong, I like Batista as an athlete, and he did the near impossible by beating Umaga at Wrestlemania, but as a person, I don’t feel he is champion material. He only got this chance tonight because he whined and begged Vickie Guerrero, who in the goodness of her heart gave Batista this chance that he doesn’t deserve.

Michael Cole: He represented Smackdown at Wrestlemania and won! What more do you have to do to earn a title match? He beat Umaga!

Jonathon Coachman: Michael, my point is that Backlash is Edge’s rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship; Batista needs to wait in line like everybody else.

Batista is now in the ring, and he shakes out his arms as he walks across the ring and he climbs the turnbuckle and flexes his muscles for the delight of the fans. It is to be noted that Batista looks on top of his game right now, and ready to take on Edge. Batista jumps down from the ropes, and determinedly stares at the stage, waiting for his opponent. His music fades out, and a “BA-TI-STA” chant surges through the arena as all wait in anticipation.

“YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME?”
*METALINGUS*

There is an initial mixed reaction which quickly transitions into heat, as Edge walks out onto the stage in just his wrestling gear with no beanie hat or long coat. It is weirdly just Edge, no Vickie Guerrero, and no Familia. Edge talks to himself to psych himself up as he slaps himself in the face before shooting his arms up into the air, and unleashes his epic pyro behind him. Edge then proceeds to walk down to the ring; his eyes locked on Batista the whole time.

Jonathon Coachman: This is your next World Heavyweight Champion. Edge lost the title at Wrestlemania, but I know that he is going to win it back at the first available opportunity.

Michael Cole: Well, we know that Edge used the power of his fiancée Vickie Guerrero in order to get a rematch at Backlash, but we don’t know if Batista will be joining him in the title match.

Jonathon Coachman: What do you mean; “used Vickie Guerrero”? Edge has a rematch clause in his contract. Did you not hear him say that earlier?

Coach actually seems to have one a little spat between the announcers for the first time tonight, as Edge is now in the ring, and the tension between these two men could be cut with a knife. Edge walks into the centre of the ring and dares Batista to come and meet him. Batista steps forward but before he can go any further, the referee jumps into the way and uses all of his might to push Batista back. Without wanting to waste any more time, the referee calls for the bell to get this match started.

Main Event:
If Batista wins, he is added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Backlash
Batista vs Edge​

Joining the match after nine minutes, Batista has been in firm control of this one, as it has been obvious forward thinking by “The Animal”, as he’s looking to be facing a weakened Edge at Backlash. Batista currently has Edge draped over the bottom rope, with his foot on the back of Edge’s neck; choking “The Rated-R Superstar”! The fans love the heel tactic from Batista, but the referee forces him to break the choke before a count of five. Batista gets Edge back to his feet, and pushes him into the corner, before delivering three rib-shattering shoulder blocks to the mid section of Edge!! Edge seems winded from the blows, and as Batista backs out of the corner, Edge stumbles forward, and Batista takes him over with a huge Back Body Drop!!! Batista goes down and then makes a cover! One...Two...Edge kicks out! The fans are disappointed, but Batista carries on and drops a huge elbow down right onto Edge’s chest, before going for another cover on the former World Heavyweight Champion...One...Two...Edge kicks out again!!

Batista grabs Edge by the hair and lifts him back to his feet again. Batista then throws Edge right into the corner! Edge’s head snaps back against the top turnbuckle, but Batista then runs in and flattens Edge in the corner with a clothesline!!! A replay is shown of Edge’s head snapping back after the impact. Batista now lays into Edge with right and lefts to the midsection in the corner, but the referee gets into the middle and stops Batista. Edge takes this chance to poke Batista in the eye!!! The fans shit all over Edge for the blatant cheating, but the referee did not see it! The ref moves and Edge backs up onto the middle turnbuckle, and comes off of the ropes with a spinning elbow to the face of Batista; knocking “The Animal” clean down!!! Edge decides not to go for the cover, but instead use this as a chance to clear the cobwebs a little. Batista holds the back of his head as he gets to his feet. Edge approaches his larger opponent from behind and uses all of his strength to take Batista over with a Back Suplex! The fans seem impressed by Edge being able to do that, and this time Edge hooks the near leg...One...Two...Batista kicks out! Edge holds his head in his hands as he starts getting back to his feet.

Batista sits up as he tries to shake his neck out, but Edge comes from behind again, grabbing Batista’s head as he flips over and Batista’s head snaps back and connects with the ring mat violently!! Batista rolls over clutching his neck, as Edge smiles at what he is doing to “The Animal”. Edge sees Batista’s exposed neck, and runs in; dropping a knee onto the back of Batista’s neck!! The fans boo as it seems Edge is just toying with Batista; adding insult to injury by resting his knee on Dave’s neck and slapping the top of Batista’s head!! Edge lets off, but before Batista can do anything, Edge runs against the ropes and goes down low with a dropkick right to the side of Batista’s head!! Edge has some difficulty rolling over the deadweight of the 350 pounder, but he does and goes in for the lateral press...One...Two...T-BATISTA KICKS OUT AGAIN!! The fans are on their feet as Batista keeps his hopes alive. Edge is furious with the referee, as he takes his time to slowly lift Batista back up to a vertical base to continue the attack. Edge pushes Batista into the ropes, and then bends over, possibly looking for a Back Body Drop of his own, but Batista sees it, and he stops in front of Edge and grabs him by the waist; looking to hit a BATISTA BOMB!!! Batista gets Edge onto his shoulders, but the “Rated-R Superstar” connects with right hands to Batista’s temple, causing Big Dave to drop Edge, but Edge falls off of the back and grabs Batista’s head on the way down; bringing the big man down with a HUGE EDGE O’ MATIC!!!! Batista’s head snaps back off of the canvas again, and Edge reaches over for another pin attempt! One...Two....Thre-NOOOO!!! The fans roar as Batista stays it it again after that brutal move.

Edge waits for Batista to get back to his feet, crouching in the corner motioning for The Animal to get up. Batista starts to stir in the centre of the ring following the huge move. Edge screams for Batista to get back up, and the big man makes it up to a knee, before getting up and turning to see Edge charging at him, going for the SPEAR!!- BATISTA MOVED AND EDGE SPEARED THE REFEREE!!!! The fans pop, as they can think of no other reaction as Edge kneels down in horror staring at the downed official. Edge then gets to his feet, still fixated on the ref, but he turns around right into a SPEAR FROM BATISTA!! The fans go wild, as The Animal goes to cover Edge, but realises that the referee is down! Batista stands up and looks down at the two men laying out in the ring and the crowd pops big Dave, as he now motions for Edge (who was almost tore in half) to get up, and the Rated-R Superstar starts to look around as he is on the floor, and he crawls to the ropes to try and lift himself back up to his feet. Edge uses the ropes to get back to a vertical base but he turns around and stops dead in his tracks to see Batista staring right at him! Edge’s first instinct is to charge in but Batista catches Edge with an earth-shattering SPINEBUSTER!!! The fans go apeshit now, as The Animal goes over to the ropes and shakes them, before turning in and giving Edge the thumbs up... and they go down! Batista approaches Edge and goes to lift the number one contender off of the ground, but there is a lot of commotion, as attention turns to the ramp, and we see that Chavo Guerrero, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder are charging down to the ring!!​

Michael Cole: What? I thought these guys weren’t supposed to be here tonight?!

La Familia slide into the ring, but Batista is waiting for them! Batista drops Ryder with a right, and then Hawkins gets one, followed by Chavo! Ryder and Hawkins both get back to their feet next to the ropes, and Batista takes a few steps back and then knocks them both over the top rope with a double clothesline! The fans pop as Batista sees Chavo getting to his feet. “The Mexican Warrior” charges at Batista but Batista uses his momentum against him and fires Chavo over the top rope! Chavo lands on Hawkins and Ryder! Batista has taken out La Familia!! The fans pop as Batista peers over the ropes to check that the goons are properly taken out, but the fans in the arena start warning Batista, but it is too late as he TURNS AROUND INTO A SPEAR!! FROM EDGE!! The fans give Edge ungodly amounts of heat, as the referee is starting to come to. Edge crawls over Batista and hooks the outside leg for the referee barely being able to count the pin fall...One........Two.........Three!!!​

Winner: Edge (16.41)​

*METALINGUS*

The heat is NUCLEAR as Edge acts like he has just won the lottery as he leaps off of the mat and jumps around before the referee raises his arm in victory. La Familia all roll back into the ring, and they hug “The Head” as Batista sits in the corner of the ring in utter disbelief. La Familia laugh at “The Animal”, as he rolls out of the ring.

Michael Cole: What? How has this happened? These men, who weren’t supposed to even be here tonight, have screwed Batista out of a title shot.

Jonathon Coachman: Genius! Never ever rule out Edge and Vickie Guerrero! These guys are a real force to be reckoned with, and that undeserving brute Batista just found out the hard way! VIVA LA FAMILIA!!

Edge is hoisted onto the shoulders of his comrades, as Batista trudges up the ramp to the back. La Familia all motion around Edge’s waist that he is going to be the next champion.

Michael Cole: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, that is all we have time for tonight on Smackdown. I’m sorry tonight’s show ended this way with Batista being screwed out of his shot at Backlash. But we’ll be back next week with all of the fallout from tonight’s show!

The final scene from the show is Edge on top of his brothers’ shoulders and motioning that he is going to win the World Heavyweight Championship at Backlash.

END SHOW​

-----

Confirmed for Backlash

World Heavyweight Championship Match
The Undertaker © vs Edge

GCB FEEDBACK:
Shorter feedback this time, matey. Another good show, I like how you've immediately set the scene that RAW is about entertainment and SMACKDOWN is about wrestling - even though it was entertaining, the blue brand's first show seems to be more focused on wrestling and I like that. Coachman did my tree in even if it was amusing in parts. The main story was clearly the World Championship picture - surprised we didn't hear from the new champion in some way. I know he doesn't say much but something would have helped in my opinion. It was more about Edge and then Batista than Taker who just had a quick squash match with Palumbo. I liked the reasoning behind Batista wanting a title match, not sure Vickie would have granted a chance based on a so-called rumour though. Anyway, big match and I genuinely didn't know which way that would go. Good job. Pretty standard heel win for Edge but it does the job and you can't help but feel that there is more to come on this issue from the Animal. MVP and Hardy was a good match but I don't wanna' see them feud again so I hope that you come up with something bigger for MVP. Around this time, he was red hot and I want to see that continue - his place on the SD banner makes me hopeful that he will lose the title and move up to the WHC picture sooner rather than later. Miz and Morrison's feud with Finlay and Hornswoggle sounds like it's going to be crap - you'll need something interesting to make it worth a PPV place.

Only other criticism I have is that it seemed a little short. You developed the WHC picture, had a US Title match, Taker and Henry squashed people and Miz/Morrison argued with Finlay. Not much more. Four matches seems not enough - five or six is more realistic. It didn't feel like a 2 hour show.

Jam's Review
Told ya I'd review before my graduation :D

Smackdown's finally here, woo! I've always preferred Smackdown more than Raw because it's more of the wrestling show. Agree with GCB here as you establish each brand having their own purpose of Entertainment and Wrestling. Plus, 2008 was a pretty good year for Smackdown as we got 'Taker being almost a regular and Batista really heating up. Smackdown and Raw had equal star power in this year imo.

I like the beginning of Smackdown. I'm a fan of unconvetional beginnings to a show so this was good to see. Instead of all the pyro and what not, we get Vickie Guerrero inside of the ring. Having her announce the World Title match already for Edge was a great move to add heat to this situation. I honestly guessed that Batista was gonna come out and he did. Not sure if Vickie would've given Batista a chance based on a rumor but it's acceptable. Edge vs. Batista should be great later on.

Taker's match was basically a chance to show that he still had some gas in the tank. Like I said, with 'Taker being more of a regular this year, he has to wrestle even more so this was a good showing by the Deadman. Ha, Coach is hilarious. I like this Michael Cole better since he actually calls the match. Not sure what the point of Henry's match was for? Maybe we see him in the upper midcard soon? Hall of Pain gimmick coming this early? Wouldn't mind that. Hopefully this isn't the main tag team feud that you have in mind? Finlay is a great talent but him tagging with Hornswoggle against Morrison and Miz? Not working for me. I'm interested to see how you build the tag champs anyway, so I'll wait patiently for that.

I'm a fan of MVP so I hope that he doesn't feud with Hardy forever. He'll probably shoot up the card and lose that US Title but I don't see that happening any time soon with the World Title picture being busy as ever. I'm not quite sure how long MVP has held the US Title belt, but I gotta say that it's been impressive. His feud with Hardy in real life was pretty good but I just didn't wanna see it get booked here. I know we've talked about this a few times, so yeah, I'm not worried about it.

Ahh, what an ending here TWG, really good. You had Batista looking good against La Familia when they made an appearance only to be distracted long enough for Edge to hit a Spear. The Spear is such a surprising move and it fits well with Edge being the Ultimate Opportunist. The Spear and RKO match their wrestlers really well, so that was a pretty good move on your part.

Overall, a really good Smackdown. There was a a lot of wrestling, or well more than Raw, but they weren't exactly very interesting matches. You had two squashes, a nice US Title Match, and a really good main event. Maybe one more match would've been good between two ring technicians, just me nitpicking probably. But anyway, SD's done, Raw is up next. You've been doing really well in your thread so far TWG, can't wait for the rest.

SXEnightmare's Review:

first smackdown show here we go. We get our main event set up between Edge and Batista my only complaint with the opening was I think vickie wouldnt have granted Batista the shot but hey it works i can deal with it.

I wasnt really interested in either squash match and didnt see the point in Henry's unless like JAM said this is the beginning of the hall of pain gimmick sense I dont really rember what Henry was doing back then much.

We had A good US Title match between MVP and Hardy the ending caught me off guard I expected Hardy to pick up the victory to let MVP move up the card but you kept MVP the champ which was A bummer to me hopefully Hardy gets another shot at the gold down the road.

HA! Coach was great all night loved reading what he was saying.

The main event was good I wasnt sure which way you would go with this which is good dont wanna be predictable. I liked seeing Edge win sense im not A big Batista fan personally so having it stay 1 on 1 for Backlash was good based off what Vickie said I knew La Famila would show up but I thought Hawkins or Ryder was gonna be wrestling for Edge until the very end of the match as A little trick but again something different happening was good.

overall good first smackdown my only complaint is I would have liked to see atleast 1 in ring promo and atleast 1 more match the show seemed short to me espically sense two of the matches were squash matches.

anyway looking forward to your next show your A good writer TWG keep up the good work!

TheCult's Smackdown review

I've been looking forward to this show since reading RAW so let's get to it:

Commentary

First things first I love the way you write commentary for Coach. It really shows him off as a great heel.

Us title

I really enjoyed the match, I always felt MVP could have been used better. I'm surprised he retained to be honest I thought Hardy would capture the gold for sure.

Edge and Batista

I'm so relieved that Batista didn't get into the World Heavyweight title match, I was never really a fan of him especially when he was a face. I'm glad that Edge will face Undertaker again at Backlash. I'm not really sure why Vickie gave Batista a chance to be in the title match though.

I know it's not much feedback but I just wanted to give my thoughts. I think you're a great writer and I'm looking forward to RAW.

images

WWE Backlash
27th April 2008

Confirmed Matches:

World Heavyweight Championship:
The Undertaker © vs "The Rated-R Superstar" Edge

Well, a review here.

A great opening promo to start off the show, really getting Edge over as a threat to The Undertaker, and with Vickie Guerrero with him, I wouldn't be surprised if Edge got something of a 'dirty' win at Backlash, anyway, glad that you've got Backlash on your BT, one of my favorite PPV's :). Anyway, you kinda did the cheap heat thing with Edge by having him disrespect Ric Flair, and getting Batista involved, if he beats Edge makes me think he might have an impact on the match at Backlash, but don't think he'll win.0

First match: Well, it's a good thing for Chuck Palumbo, he got to face the world heavyweight champion and he put up quite a fight. It took time for Undertaker to put Palumbo away and I won't be surprised if we see Palumbo in the main event scene in a couple of months. Chuck did well, and although the match was only 6 minutes long, it was long enough to put Chuck over as a valiant threat to the main event scene in a couple of months, maybe give him a bit more time in the mid-card then build him up.

A good promo from Miz and Morrsion, very funny too, especially when Miz asks Hornswoggle if he wants a Miz-Hat, I can imagine that happening on WWE TV. Then we see Finlay step up and guard his son, Hornswoggle. The way Miz reacted was funny, also. Morrison's reaction to everything was pretty funny too, he didn't know what to do haha.

Mark Henry's squash match, a good way to get Henry over as a monster, if it was someone on the roster though, but I've never heard of Price, so he might of been in the WWE, I just don't know, but yeah, Henry gets over by dominating Price and that's what needed to happen, if it went on for any longer it may have hurt Henry's credibility, he needs quick and easy wins against people liek Aaron.

The Tag Team Match between Miz, Morrison, Moore and Wang Yang was good, I would have liken it to continue though, I didn't like the fact Finlay ruined it, it was going at a nice pace and was a good read, but I guess it made sense due to the earlier promo where Miz and Morrison were bullying Hornswoggle. Kinda weird though as Finlay went for Morrison when it was Miz doing everything in the backstage segment. I liked it when Hornswoggle tripped Miz over, seeing it on WWE TV would be a nice laugh, then Finlay beat down on Miz, and it ends with Hornswoggle hitting the Tadpole Splash, wouldn't that hurt Hornswoggle more than Miz haha? Anyway, a nice Finlay promo explaining why he did what he did.

I'm liking Jonathan Coachman's heel persona, much better than Michael Cole on current WWE TV.

A Promo between Edge and Vickie, with tension between the two. Edge is scared, I think Batista will win but I wouldn't be surprised if Edge cheated here.

Absolutely brilliant match, TWG, great writing for two great wrestlers and a great match. I thought MVP would retain, and he did just that. Enjoyed the match and at the moment, by far MOTN for me, thoroughly enjoyed it, well done.

WELL I WAS WRONG! I really thought Batista would win since he was added to the feud but I think he may move on to feud with the rest of the members of La Familia before being added to the world title picture at Judgement Day. Brilliant match though, but I knew Edge wouldn't win cleanly. Batista walks out of the ring all emotional as Edge celebrates in the ring, he's becoming a real threat to The Undertaker now.

Overall, fantastic show, brilliant piece of writing. Oustanding matches, give yourself a pat on the back. This has potential to be a real success here in the BT section. Well done!

RawBanner.png

Monday Night Raw Preview
April 8, 2008
Save Mart Center - Fresno, California

Last week, the landscape of the WWE changed forever, as Raw said one final goodbye to one of the greatest legends in the wrestling industry as a whole; the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. But the main talking point is the way that we are all going to have to remember Ric from now on, as our last image of the great was him laying unconscious on the ring mat following a sicking PUNT to the head from the WWE Champion Randy Orton. Flair was in the ring with his long time friend, Triple H, and the two were attacked from behind by Orton and the assault ended in the sick blow to the head of Flair. Orton has been fined $250,000 for his heinous actions but has not been stripped of the WWE Championship. Raw General Manager William Regal has promised everyone that tonight Orton will suffer some further punishments. One of these is that Orton will face the same man who he only narrowly beat last week; the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho. Most importantly however; Orton is scheduled to open the show and explain his actions.

The assault to Ric Flair was not the only sneak attack last week. John Cena opened the show and he asked for another chance at the WWE Championship after failing to capture it at Wrestlemania. This brought out John "Bradshaw" Layfield; the man that Cena beat to win his first WWE Title three years ago. Cena promptly reminded JBL of this fact, and the "Wrestling God" then unleashed all of his inner rage towards Cena and laid into his former rival; finishing Cena off with a brutal Clothesline from Hell. Cena has been instructed to stay at home following last week's events, but Jim Ross is going to conduct an interview via satellite to hear what Cena thinks of the whole situation.

Following an unsuccessful attempt to win the World Tag Team Championships last week, Carlito turned on Santino Marella with a Backstabber post match. Santino approached William Regal and asked for a match with Carlito this week; the GM clearing for the grudge match to take place. Speaking of the Tag Team Champions, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly, they were involved in a discussion backstage with Lance Cade and Trevor Murdouch, the Redneck Wrecking Crew, and Cody challenged the RWC to earn themselves a title shot. Cade and Murdoch have their chance to prove themselves tonight as they are going to take on Cryme Tyme.

Also, the outspoken Mr Kennedy will face Super Crazy, and Ashley is going to face the Women's Champion Beth Phoenix in a Non-Title Match!

Confirmed for Raw:

Randy Orton explains his actions from last week

Champion vs Champion II

John Cena interview via satellite

Non-Title Match:
Women's Champion Beth Phoenix vs Ashley

Grudge Match:
Santino Marella vs Carlito

Mr Kennedy vs Super Crazy

The Redneck Wrecking Crew vs Cryme Tyme

Users who are viewing this thread