• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestling in Syndication/Reruns

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
I've meant to make this threat for a long time but I kept forgetting.

Television shows have often gone into syndication or reruns. You know how you see a show on the air after its inital run was cancelled and then you get it on a different channel like WGN or TBS or something? That's what I mean.

Why don't wrestling shows do this?

You could easily cut down a two hour Raw into two hour long shows or even just cut out various stuff to make it fit into an hour. Put a disclaimer at the beginning saying that PPVs aren't upcoming because they've already happened or even air the PPVs later on in the same timeslot.

The shows are more or less soap operas anyway so it's not like building tension would be a problem. How many of the old episodes do you distinctly remember everything from? There are so many moments and midcard feuds and stories that have probably been forgotten that could be seen again, almost as if they were new.

I could easily see airing something like this on a weekly or even daily basis. I mean it's not like they don't have enough episodes of it to run. It probably wouldn't be a huge hit but the stuff is already filmed and all it would take is some editing to take out some of the stuff in the shows so it's not like there's a ton of effort needed for this.

Why hasn't this ever happened and would you be interested in it if it did?

WOW, you're on a roll with these threads today!

Anyway, sometime back, I had a discussion with my friend about how if the WWE ran Attitude Era reruns alongside Raw on the same channel, they would probably draw more than Raw. Now, I am not too sure about that but I would like to see something like this happen. Obviously they should not be alongside Raw but I would like to see shows from that era being re-run again.

Now, not only will it let us relive some of our favorite memories but it would also allow the younger fans to relive some of the stuff they missed. I, for one, have never seen much of the Hulkamania era and its rather painstaking to try and find every single stuff on the internet and therefore something like this would be the ideal solution for me.

Also, let's face it. Even if we call those people ******s or something, there are a few people that want the Attitude Era to come back. Something like this could act as an ideal testing ground. Let the whole world see what ratings the Attitude Era reruns get and then you can decide whether there is actually a demand for it or it is only some smark gibberish. It could end the debate once and for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back