Wrestlemania Main Event Revealed?

Logisticalbooker86

Pre-Show Stalwart
At the conclusion of last night's Royal Rumble, Ronda Rousey made her official WWE debut. She then executed the tried-and-true formula of pointing at the WrestleMania sign, and it appears she is on a collision course with Charlotte Flair in April.

WWE has been heavily pushing the Women's Revolution turned evolution, meaning it is entirely possibly the two ladies mentioned above will main event the showcase of the immortals this year.

Is this something you want to see? While it seems to be a knee jerk reaction for me to assume Rousey is going to immediately be thrust into closing out WrestleMania, women in WWE have discussed main eventing Mania for a long time. The idea of Ronda Rousey starting where most people never get to finish (in the final match at Mania) does nothing for me, but I was wondering what you guys think? There is no doubt Charlotte versus Ronda is an attraction worthy of WrestleMania, but I fear WWE's hunger for publicity will cause this match to be the first ever Women's Championship Match to Main event WrestleMania.

This post is not meant to offend anyone and is meant for debate only. My apologies if this idea has already been brought up in a live discussion or Royal Rumble thread of any kind.

At the conclusion of last night's Royal Rumble, Ronda Rousey made her official WWE debut. She then executed the tried-and-true formula of pointing at the WrestleMania sign, and it appears she is on a collision course with Charlotte Flair in April.

WWE has been heavily pushing the Women's Revolution turned evolution, meaning it is entirely possibly the two ladies mentioned above will main event the showcase of the immortals this year.

Is this something you want to see? While it seems to be a knee jerk reaction for me to assume Rousey is going to immediately be thrust into closing out WrestleMania, women in WWE have discussed main eventing Mania for a long time. The idea of Ronda Rousey starting where most people never get to finish (in the final match at Mania) does nothing for me, but I was wondering what you guys think? There is no doubt Charlotte versus Ronda is an attraction worthy of WrestleMania, but I fear WWE's hunger for publicity will cause this match to be the first ever Women's Championship Match to Main event WrestleMania.

This post is not meant to offend anyone and is meant for debate only. My apologies if this idea has already been brought up in a live discussion or Royal Rumble thread of any kind.

You may be right, but it would be a shame. Stephanie is hell bent on checking things off of her women's revolution checklist. A women's main event this year would feel forced and more agenda-pushing than anything else. If someday there is a really well-written angle that includes women instead of men, I say go for it. The last match at Mania is rarely the best anyway, so I never get wrapped up in match placement, for the most part. But, this year, simply because Ronda is involved and the women are being shoved down our throats, sounds awful. It would only come across as doing it to say they did it.

It'll be promoted as a main event but won't go on last... if only because Vince will want his Roman moment to close the show... OR if Cena Taker happens that...

It might well be something they do next year however... I can see it being a two title four way (with a cash in from Carmella) designed to get a title on both Ronda AND Asuka, think back to the Benoit/Jericho/Angle match... the match to close is probably Asuka v Ronda in a years time if they do it right... to be the first Women's Undisputed Champion.

As much as i think Ronda is main draw, if what was reported by Meltzer is true then their no way in hell that i want that match to be the main event of wrestlemania. The rumored match right now is Ronda and a mystery partner (Probably Kurt Angle) vs HHH and Stephanie. That's not a match that'S screaming mania main event. I already getting sick and tired of Stephanie over shadowing the women'S division as it is, i don'T want her to be the first women to headline mania as well.

The women will never get the Wrestlemania main event. Maybe in a card that's not so strong and with a long and proper build-up. But as long as Taker, Cena, Lesnar and HHH wrestle, I doubt the women get the main event.

First things first, they need to reach the Summerslam main event.

IF they build up Ronda vs Charlotte for 1 year, like they did with Cena and The Rock, then it could the main event of Wrestlemania 35. But I don't see it happening at WM 34.

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar is happening, and that means no other match has a chance of main-eventing. You could have a returning Stone Cold facing a returning CM Punk and Brock/Roman would still go on last. They've been building towards this for a year and WWE will be damned if Roman Reigns doesn't get the headlining role at Wrestlemania, no matter how many people aren't thrilled about seeing him there.

Rousey's match, if she's in a match, will probably be billed as a "main event", but the chances of her going on last when you have Lesnar/Reigns are as likely as the WWE title match going on last... which is to say zero to nil.

The ONLY way Rousey is main eventing WrestleMania 34 is if she teams with The Rock to take on Triple H and Stephanie, and that's still a BIG IF. The only reason why I'm saying there would be a chance then is because The Rock since returning in 2011 has never not been in the main event... not counting his match with Erick Rowan of course, but who does?

Maybe I'm just being naïve but I really don't see going on last at WrestleMania as a priority for WWE regarding the women. I thought going on last at the Royal Rumble was the right call because it was actually historic. The same goes for when Sasha Banks and Charlotte main evented Hell in a Cell. The feud doesn't seem to be looked back upon all that fondly for whatever reason, probably the hot potato-ing of the belt, but it was the hottest thing on RAW that summer... I really don't think that can be denied. Them getting the main event didn't feel cheap or token in my opinion because it was a legitimately bigger and better feud than Reigns/Rusev and KO/Seth.

That's not gonna be the case now though. Just look at all the matches that are rumored and look to be on the horizon for WrestleMania, there's no possible way they put Rousey and Charlotte in the main event over them, absolutely no chance. Whatever Asuka and Rousey do, will probably be treated as "main events" but they won't go on last.

It they interject a Mcmahon (Steph) in the storyline like they usually do it might actually go on last..Ronda star power has greatly diminished though. About 2 years to late to be honest.

They are trying to be very PC and looking to promote the divas as somewhat equals to the men. So this is probably the best shot for a womans match to close out WM. Plus, not much going on in terms of star attraction type matches.. I mean seriously enough of this Reigns Lesnar shit.

I think it's entirely possible for Rousey and the rest of the Women superstars to main event Wrestlemania without being booked as the last match on the card. You can build the card up as a double main event with Flair vs. Rousey on one side and Reigns vs Lesnar on the other.

As for whether Rousey deserves it or not, yes in every way imaginable. There aren't two women on the WWE roster who are big enough draws to main event a global spectacle like Wrestlemania. Rousey has proven she can be a draw and is arguably the biggest name signed to a WWE contract. Without her, there isn't a chance any woman on the roster main events Wrestlemania.

Lesnar vs Reigns
Cena vs Taker
Rousey/Rock vs Triple H/Steph

Tough one to call for which goes on last but that would be a stacked main event card when you throw in Styles vs Nakamura!

Make no mistake, when I said main event I was referring to the last match on the WrestleMania card.

The big hole in my theory is Rousey appears to be on RAW. So, would she be a "free agent" until Mania and then swap brands with Asuka? WWE could also go with a Asuka/Charlotte/Ronda triple threat this year to both mask Rousey's in-ring deficiencies, and create a more intriguing matchup. I hear everyone saying Vince is obsessed with giving Roman yet another coronation but the last two WrestleManias in a row have attempted to do that. With the all female elimination chamber coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if the women close Mania this year, because as Heenan/Gorilla pointed out, WWE seems determined to mark as many firsts for women off their checklist as possible.

For those of you saying the Women's Rumble went on last because it was historic I agree. The biggest draw in the history of women's mixed martial arts main-eventing WrestleMania would be historic as well. I won't believe the Rousey/Steph mixed tag match rumors until they are confirmed on WWE TV. The angle with the Rock happened long ago and surely Stephanie McMahon's ego is not big enough for her to be Rousey's first on screen adversary. Oh, wait, of course it is.

I hope the answer to my original question is no, but I wanted to gauge the WZ Forums universe's opinion. Is WZ Forums Universe a thing? should it be a thing? No? Well, it was worth a try, and it was really lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back