WWE Money In The Bank: WWE Raw Women's Championship - Nia Jax (c) VS Ronda Rousey

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Yup, you read it correctly. The announcement came earlier today during this big NBCUniversal media presentation, of which WWE was a major participant, that Ronda Rousey will have her first one on one match at next month's MITB ppv and it'll be against Nia Jax for the Raw Women's Championship.

It's fair to say that Rousey was very impressive during the mixed tag team match at WrestleMania and that she silenced a lot of doubters as to how well she could make the transition. The novelty of this being her first one on one wrestling match will draw money, the fact that it's for the title will almost be incidental.

Some will probably be against this as Rousey hasn't "earned" it or doesn't "deserve" it and all that. I can see that line of thinking but the name of the game is making money and Ronda Rousey challenging for the Raw Women's Championship in her first singles match is a bigger draw than anything else the women of either Raw or SmackDown can put together right now. Even in legit combat sports, title contenders are often decided just as much by potential box office as win/loss records, sometimes much more so, so it's not like WWE deserves a ton of grief over this, if any at all.

As to who walks out winning, I think there'll be some sort of screwjob ending. Rousey is not going to lose her first one on one match. I think the most obvious answer is that this match takes place after the women's MITB ladder match and Ms. MITB pulls a Rollins. She cashes in right in the middle of Nia vs. Ronda, making it a triple threat match, and winds up pinning Nia to win the title.

They could always go the route of having Rousey beat Nia for the title but, at this time, I think they automatically paint themselves into a corner by doing that. To me, it doesn't say a lot about the "competition" Rousey will have on Raw if she goes over Nia Jax, the woman that's mowed her way through nearly every woman on the main roster already at one time or another, to win a championship in her very first singles match. They could also just have Rousey mow through opponents until Ms. MITB cashes in or whatever but I see no need to weaken the roster. I could see that happening, however, as Vince McMahon just LOVES to sacrifice the credibility of entire divisions simply to make one or two people look good instead of making everyone look strong.

I saw the video on YouTube earlier today and as horrendously acted as it was, at least they scripted Ronda to acknowledge that she's only had one official WWE match and doesn't feel like she's earned it. And they made it clear as day that is Nia --- the champ --- challenged her.

I don't really see them going the Rolling-Wrestlemania 31 route, because who would want to get in there with Nia Jaxx and Ronda Rousey? I think the obvious outcome is Alexa Bliss interferes, causing the DQ, or Ronda beats Nia clean, and then the MITB winner comes out and successfully cashes in. Kind of sucks for the one who's not like most girls, but oh well. Her story has already been told and I don't think an unstoppable babyface champion is really all that exciting.

If they go the MITB cash in route on Ronda, it kind of evolves her character in WWE. It could tell the story of her getting a literal taste of being the Women's Champion only to have it instantly "stolen" from her, and now she's going to fight for her chance to get it back.

Holy mother of Jesus the standards just keep getting lower and lower with the way WWE creatively handles things. Right when i had previously thought they already hit rock bottom, they prove you wrong.

Zero buildup. No feud. No nothing. On top of that, it's her 1st shot at the women's title. Just smile at your opponents face, kindly offer a shot at the title, then it's hugs and kisses right after that. Let's be BFF's and hang out after this yaaay !!!

The creative team is dead. Absolutely dead.

WTH. Too early to give Ronda the belt or a title match IMHO. If Ronda is not winning the title I smell a screwjob ending. Natalya turning on her or something, or someone else starting a feud with her like Sasha. Weird that Charlotte is now all friendly with her in storyline after all that Four Horsewomen potential feuding that was going on for the last half year. Now that Jessamyn/Marina are signed to NXT I can see that happening somewhere down the line.

This match should've been at Summerslam after Rousey had about 7-10 wins under her belt and could get the proper build. Have Nia and Rousey dominate until then and then you have the epic showdown! Guessing WWE stock is dropping so putting the strap on Rousey now is what they're thinking will help that. Just a guess though.

WTH. Too early to give Ronda the belt or a title match IMHO. If Ronda is not winning the title I smell a screwjob ending. Natalya turning on her or something, or someone else starting a feud with her like Sasha. Weird that Charlotte is now all friendly with her in storyline after all that Four Horsewomen potential feuding that was going on for the last half year. Now that Jessamyn/Marina are signed to NXT I can see that happening somewhere down the line.

Nobody is starting a feud with Sasha. She's staying at the bottom of the card where she belongs. There's way better options. No Four Horsewomen feud is happening.. The feud is Charlotte and Ronda and the rest don't matter.

I see this as a possible scenario
Monday Night Nattie gets into MITB
Then she shocks teh world by winning.....
Ronda vs Nia has a big spot where perhaps they crash through a table or the ring and both are down with ronda rolled to the floor.. She comes to check on Ronda and then sees Nia down....Cashes in and pins her for the title
Next few weeks we have her convince Ronda she didnt mean to crash her moment she got caught in the heat of the moment
Then we see a video of her on the ohone saying Ronda is such a fool
SS its Nattie vs Ronda for the title

Natalyia will interfere on Nia's behalf and the feud will begin with Rousey vs. Natalyia. They want Rousey to get some good in ring experience before next year's mania match with Charlotte. Starting her with Natalyia is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back