Would the WWE benefit from a smaller Hall of Fame Class?

Ziirox

Pre-Show Stalwart
I'm one who really enjoys the Hall of Fame announcements and ceremony each year. The excitement built each year from potential deserving candidates in the history of professional wrestling and the WWE is one that truly adds a lot to Wrestlemania season. The speculation of who will be added in the upcoming year's ceremony seems like it goes on for a calendar year. It's truly become an event that could be independent of Wrestlemania season if WWE ever wanted to hold it another time. Each year, roughly 6-10, people are inducted. Over time, WWE is going to start running out of legitimate inductees. There are so many people that WWE can still induct, so having these large classes of inductees is perfectly justifiable in this present time. However, like other sports, not every above average performer is worthy of being in the Hall of Fame. There comes a time when you have to draw a clear line between a Legend worthy of being cemented in a Hall of Fame and someone who might be very good, but doesn't necessarily warrant induction.

So, here are some thoughts to consider if you reply to this post:

1. When should (if ever) the WWE move to a stricter format for considering inductees?

2. Should there be a minimum time period that a person has to be retired for before they are considered?

3. Should their be a set list of criteria for potential inductees?

4. Lastly, should fans/The WWE Universe be a part of the selection process?

Killer Kowalski is a 6-time World Hvt Champion. While he was a huge star in the USA, winning the AAC World title here, he was also the top draw in Australia's IWA for many years where he won 5 world titles and main evented countless events. He had an amazing career as the main villain to Bruno Sammartino in the early WWWF, and also trained a ton of our favorite guys of today like Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston and Triple H. If anyone deserves a Hall of Fame spot, it's this man right here.

Agreed. Kowalski totally belongs in there. I think they're going to run out of ppl soon. The problem is, doing it in the big auditorium ceremony style warrants a long list.

Oh for sure. As time goes by it is going to have to as there will be less and less people to induct. They have inducted a lot of the big name older talent and are moving into stars if the modern are but there is a problem - they have already inducted so many of them already - Austin, Edge, Trish - that there won't be as name to choose from in 10 years. Plus they have done such a poor job of making new stars since WCW closed down that there isn't the pool to choose from. Are you going to induct The Boogieman, Heath Slater, Santino? By inducting such large groups, they are taking away future choices.

I think they should do 3-4 each year and no more. They gain nothing with inducting so many at once.

I think 5 maximum is enough, it loses legitimise and becomes watered down as more go in. Never been a huge fan of the celebrity wing, some maybe but others make one appearance and are entered for doing pretty much nothing.

I think that there should be a maximum of 4 or 5 inductees due to the fact that there are only so many wrestlers in the history of wrestling that are deserving of such an honor.

Also, I think that it should be suggested that the HoF ceremony should be moved from annual, to bi-annual for that same reason. Not necessarily implemented without consulting the fans, however. And only if the fans approve, then could they try it. If it doesn't work, then go back to the previous format.

I wasn't very thrilled with the lengths of the speeches though, but that's another matter entirely.

Also, does anyone know the WWE HoF Inductee selection process? Other HoFs have some sort of procedure as far as releasing their selection processes, but as far as I know, the WWE is the only one who keeps their selection process under wraps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back