The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame class of 2009 plus Question on Hall of Fame

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum is proud to announce the names of the 2009 Induction Class. Inductees include: Evan "Strangler" Lewis, Wladek Zbyszko, Billy Graham, Jay Strongbow, Randy Savage, Paul Orndorff, Antonio Inoki, the tag team of Mark Lewin & Don Curtis, Lou Albano, and Donna Christantello. The Senator Hugh Farley Award will be given to Hank Garrett.

looking through the names I recognize many of them, this Class shows a grouping that says that this Hall of Fame is an elite Hall. While I don't know who the Tag team is or who the Female Wrestler is. This Hall of Fame could be considered to be more prestegious to get into due to the tougher restrictions on the voting in of HoFers. This is what is taken from their site.

1. Any candidate must be deceased, or if living, must be at least 50 years of age.

2. Any candidate must have at least 20 years in the professional wrestling business unless their career has been shortened by injury, illness, or death.

Additional Criteria to be Considered where applicable:
For eligibility into the PWHF, the following additional criteria regarding each candidate will be considered:

3. Ability, Achievement, and overall credentials in the field of professional wrestling.

4. Performance skills.

5. Participation in the sport at large.

6. Contribution to society outside of the wrestling profession.

7. Moral character and personal integrity.

these conditions look good when compared to the unknown quantity of the WWE Hall of Fame.

And the different wings also makes it a very good way of looking at the impact Pro Wrestling has had in its century long tradition.

One winner from each of the following categories shall be inducted each year: LADY WRESTLER, TAG TEAM, and NON-PARTICIPANT. As many as two wrestlers, but at least one wrestler, shall be inducted each year in the category of INTERNATIONAL. Two wrestlers will be inducted annually from each of the following categories: PIONEER ERA and TELEVISION ERA and MODERN ERA.

So the two questions I put to you are.

1) Is this induction group a good one?

2) Should this Hall of Fame be considered as a more legitimate Hall of Fame for Pro Wrestling in general than that of the WWE and the NWA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back