Worst Raw Segment

finneycom1

Pre-Show Stalwart
OK,
With the whole "Santina" thing in full swing, I thought back to what was the absolute, waste of time, Raw segment that I have ever witnessed?

Through the years I have been subjected to these wonderful wastes:

Katie Vick- I dont even want to talk about this one. Come on, Vince, You guys are better than that!

Mae Young Hand Birth- What? Mark Henry supposedly knocks up an 80 year old woman and she gives birth to a white rubber hand. What?

Khali Kiss Cam- You dont have anything better for a guy that size? They should have made him a bodyguard. He wouldnt have to wrestle, just go out there, beat the guy up outside the ring while the ref wasnt looking. He still gets tv exposure without stinking up a ring. Perfect example of WWE rushing to get a "giant" out to people with no in-ring ability.

But, the one thing that I think was the absolute horrendous, horrible, waste-of- time and money is.......................

The Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donell match- Now, one reason that I cannot stand to even think about this, is that it was held in Saint Louis, and I was in the building. God, it was like a 20 minute segment. People were getting pissed and I was livid!! Why even do that? It was stupid, made no sense, who cares if these two celebrities dont like each other. It furthered no storylines. Just DUMB!!

So, what is the absolute worst Raw segment that you have ever seen?

Reactions: gd
Has to be without a doubt Henry's stupid hand birth thing with Mae Young. That was completely stupid and served NO purpose. I couldn't believe they even tried this. It's so fucking stupid what they do sometimes, i can't believe how much the writers would be getting paid to write shit.

Anyways, has to be Henry/Mae Young, it was too fucking disgusting to even fathom.

Three things make this list. But I'm going to go on about a few of the things mentioned.

First, the Katie Vick storyline was funny to me. I mean seriously. No one in their right mind thought HHH was fucking a corpse. We knew it was fake and it was funny that HHH and the WWE would go there.

The Trump v/s Rosie sketch was stupid, but it's obviously supposed to be.

Of course you have others like the Mae Young hand thing, Stone Cold going all rapist on JR after beating the shit out of him on Smackdown during his heel run, and the Goldust/Booker T segments. Those are all good but I have three that stand the test of time as moments where I stared at my TV going, 'You've got to be fuckin' kidding me.'

Choppy Choppy, Pee Pee
Nothing's funnier than seeing someone possibly getting their johnson separated from their body. These sketches were funny as hell though. Kaientai was funny as all hell.

Pillman's gotta gun...
The Brian Pillman/Stone Cold sketch were he had a gun and Stone Cold broke in was pure gold. We knew Pillman was a loose cannon and somewhere, someone thought Flyin' Brian was going to shoot Stone Cold. I know I did. For a minute.

Vince McMahon's Good Ol' JR's Colonoscopy Extravaganza
This shows you that Vince McMahon does not care about anyone, ever. This offended me. I don't get offended about anything. But this just had me shaking my head that they would do something like that.

So there you go.

One of the worst received segments in Raw history has to be:

Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell

That is definitely in nomination for THE WORST segment in Raw history. Where as people want to bring up Mae Young and Mark Henry as well as The Colonoscopy segment with "Dr. Heiney" ... I don't think either of those segments were as poorly received as the match between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump.

The fans chanted:

"Boring"
"Change the Channel"
"We Want Wrestling!"
"Booooooooo!!"
"TNA! TNA!!!"

all while Vince was at ringside for it all.

I believe that segment was truly the poorest received (from the audience) segment in Raw history.

Definitely in the Top 5 Worst Segments of all Time.

Other nominations include:

Dr. Heiney operating on Jim Ross (as mentioned ...) where the good Doctor found that the problem was that Jim Ross had "his head up his ass".

Barack Obama vs Hillary Clinton w/ Bill Clinton (this segment was poorly received, but not nearly as poorly received as Trump vs O'Donnell.

"Kane" having sex with Katie Vick's corpse.

Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

I believe those segments top the charts as the Worst Segments in Raw history, with my vote being cast for Trump vs O'Donnell as THE WORST segment ... due to the fact I believe it was the poorest received segment of all time, as the match took forever to get started, then once it did ... dragged and dragged and dragged and dragged, with several 2 counts, which ignited the furor of the crowd like none other. It was a 10 minute segment actually.

Here is the segment for those that wish to refresh their memory on how terribly received this segment was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfocC1op7JY

i'm gonna go a little off base here with something no one has mentioned. how about all those diva search contests? was there ever a more stupid contest on wrestling? anyone remember the night when everyone thought jericho was coming back and they did the diva search shit? booed like all hell. hilarious. everything you guys mentioned is up there higher but this deserter mention. also a thing involving johnny knoxville party boy khali big dick johnson and the boogeyman. fucking horrendous. actually anything involving big dick johnson should be worthy of the death of vince mcmahon.

I'm in agreement with the Rosie/Trump match. Plus the Katie Vick storyline, but for me one that also stands out is:

Well I stopped watching Wrestling for a few years. Then I bought the SDvsRaw2007 game and it got me back into it... I record RAW for the first time in years and I feel a great rush of shame... First I see Cryme Tyme for the first time. Wow that's really cool how they're black guys so they steal stuff. And replace "i"s with "y"s. Golly I feel swell... Then it got worse, a crappy George Bush lookalike comes out to no crowd response and gets his wallet stolen by CT.

Sometimes... You just feel ashamed for the industry...

i have to go way back to the golden years of the wwf for one. it involved jake the snake roberts and rick the model martel...

it starts off that jake gets sprayed in the eyes with the atomizer that martel is always toting around with him that's filled with colonge, arrogance....of course it was printed on the atomizer so we would know..(since vince thinks we wont catch on and stuff) when him and damian showed up on the brother love show. well it caused jake to become "blind" and had a bad case of the milky eye. he was also led around by some guy. all of that resulted in a match at Wrestlemania VII.

boring match...of course both participants had a black sack put over their faces...for a full 10 mintues they walk around the ring trying to find each other....jake lands a ddt for the win.....can you imagine? 10 whole mintues with no wrestling?

anyway, that was my most horrendous storyline

The Hassen story line to me sticks out

this was after 911 happened and vince was doing this stupid crap.

some of the current story lines are horrible.

Santino,

Edge, Cena, HHH always having the title

big show and vicki

ok Vicki period needs to be off she lost her husband and insantly was on a major wrestling show.

I dont get the old man sometimes.

ODonnel, Trump was horrible

I thought the Katie Vick thing was fuckin' hilarious lmao! Here it is for those who havent seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLpI6St8Huc. I especially loved the "screwed your brains out part" lmao.
Im surprised no ones brought up the Bossman/Bigshows dad storyline yet with the dragging coffin and Boss mans "Poem".

Worst one for me by far though is definately that awful Rosie/Trump shit. I actually had to switch it off it was so unbearably bad.

Im surprised no ones brought up the Bossman/Bigshows dad storyline yet with the dragging coffin and Boss mans "Poem".

that was bad

What about big bossman making Alsnow eat is own dog that was just wrong and was not needed. This is one time i think wwf went to far to build heat for a superstar when it wasent needed.

i think the Mae Young/MArk henry hand thing was the worst ever. Medically impossible on two different levels. it was just a waste of time. you had Mark Henry running round protecting Mae - What the hell?! i rember watchin this when i was younger....can anyone rember what year it was in?????

but yeah, i rember thinkin what the fuck and i was only like 9 or something

Hey Capt. Bean,
I think that was '99 that she gave birth to that hand.(I cant believe I just typed that!)

I forgot about the Big Show/Bossman angle. However, when Bossman was driving around the cemetary draggin' that Casket with Big Show on top was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed!! Then Bossman's poem saying that Big Show was a "no good bastard and your momma said so." Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is one everybody is forgetting about. Hillary Clinton vs Barack Obama. No reason for that in WWE, and WTF was up with Umaga appearing, just to have nothing happen in the storyline afterward

The Miz's segment berating john cena it was terrible, I can see him get his future endeavors is hes not careful, the guy should have never left morrisons coat tails.

I remember watching the Vince Colonoscopy thing and thinking it was by far the worst thing I had seen on TV, let alone RAW. Made me question Vince's values as an owner. (It is funny to think he just called out TNA for being too vulgar and rude.)

People are bringing up Boss Man, what was worse than that was his fued with the Undertaker - worst fued in the history of Raw. I would rather see Mark Henry date Mae Young for a year than see that again.

Most of the other stuff is funny. Mark Henry - that was funny. AND the fact that this thread was started because someone thought the current Santino storyline is really bad? That stuff is comic gold!

The Miz's segment berating john cena it was terrible, I can see him get his future endeavors is hes not careful, the guy should have never left morrisons coat tails.
i respectfully disagree my friend. that shit was golden. but i just recalled both the vince mcmahon death and accident angles. wasn't that ridiculous? the bullshit uthey expect us to believe sometimes man.

u forget the pointless jackass segment not so long ago with more botches than a divas match. horrible tv! i also agree the worst was the mark henry/mae young hand birth. anyone know if the hand went on to grow up and go to school to try and live a 'normal' life?

There is one everybody is forgetting about. Hillary Clinton vs Barack Obama. No reason for that in WWE, and WTF was up with Umaga appearing, just to have nothing happen in the storyline afterward

I actually brought it up in my prior post ...

Lord Sidious said:
One of the worst received segments in Raw history has to be:

Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell

That is definitely in nomination for THE WORST segment in Raw history. Where as people want to bring up Mae Young and Mark Henry as well as The Colonoscopy segment with "Dr. Heiney" ... I don't think either of those segments were as poorly received as the match between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump.

The fans chanted:

"Boring"
"Change the Channel"
"We Want Wrestling!"
"Booooooooo!!"
"TNA! TNA!!!"

all while Vince was at ringside for it all.

I believe that segment was truly the poorest received (from the audience) segment in Raw history.

Definitely in the Top 5 Worst Segments of all Time.

Other nominations include:

Dr. Heiney operating on Jim Ross (as mentioned ...) where the good Doctor found that the problem was that Jim Ross had "his head up his ass".

Barack Obama vs Hillary Clinton w/ Bill Clinton
(this segment was poorly received, but not nearly as poorly received as Trump vs O'Donnell.

"Kane" having sex with Katie Vick's corpse.

Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

I believe those segments top the charts as the Worst Segments in Raw history, with my vote being cast for Trump vs O'Donnell as THE WORST segment ... due to the fact I believe it was the poorest received segment of all time, as the match took forever to get started, then once it did ... dragged and dragged and dragged and dragged, with several 2 counts, which ignited the furor of the crowd like none other. It was a 10 minute segment actually.

Here is the segment for those that wish to refresh their memory on how terribly received this segment was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfocC1op7JY

I think it is ONE of the worst, but I definitely don't think it was THE WORST. Rosie vs Trump was far, far poorly received by the Live Audience than this "match".

I stand by Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnel as being the poorest received segment in Raw history, as never in my 20 years as a fan have I seen an entire arena at a WWE event as outraged with a single segment, than this particularly one. The fans absolutely tore this segment to pieces and ripped Vince a new one while he was at ringside for it.

I challenge anyone to find another WWE segment that the fans pissed on more than Trump vs Rosie, which caused the fans to even chant for the WWE's competition.

i respectfully disagree my friend. that shit was golden. but i just recalled both the vince mcmahon death and accident angles. wasn't that ridiculous? the bullshit uthey expect us to believe sometimes man.

are you kidding me?, check the segment on youtube, the guy messed up half of his lines and kept reapeating cena I cant see you?, I cant see you?, the guy was the worst on the Mic ive seen since charlie hass took the stick, and dont get me wrong I am a miz supporter but calling his mic work golden is like calling vince mcmahons commentary the best in the business, the miz was fine when he was bouncing off of morrison doing improve but now hes in the big leagues and needs how to work the mic, seriously, either that or just have him wrestle until he gets comfortable because that was the worst segment ive seen on raw in ages.

I actually brought it up in my prior post ...

I think it is ONE of the worst, but I definitely don't think it was THE WORST. Rosie vs Trump was far, far poorly received by the Live Audience than this "match".

I stand by Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnel as being the poorest received segment in Raw history, as never in my 20 years as a fan have I seen an entire arena at a WWE event as outraged with a single segment, than this particularly one. The fans absolutely tore this segment to pieces and ripped Vince a new one while he was at ringside for it.

I challenge anyone to find another WWE segment that the fans pissed on more than Trump vs Rosie, which caused the fans to even chant for the WWE's competition.

Keep in mind, I started this thread and said that I was in the building during this segment. Words cannot describe the kind of heat that it drew! People all around me had that look on thier face as though they had just "shat" themselves. You know, that "what the hell? Why did I pay to get in this place?" look. Have you ever heard the expression, " You could cut the electricity with a knife?" Well, you could cut the animosity for the segment with a knife!!! Yes, there were Old school ECW and TNA chants as well in the building.

I think the Katie Vick thing was totally tasteless and vulgar. I actually stopped watching WWE for a few weeks after that I was so pissed off by it. I was like, "A fuckin kid is probably watching this right now, wtf??" Now I'm not a prude in any way, but that definitely drew the line for me.

I thought the Bossman/Big Show thing was hysterical, go figure, maybe because Bossman didn't anally rape a corpse.

Another one to add to the mix:

Al Snow being fed his dog by Big Bossman leading up to the Kennel from Hell Match! Admittedly, not as awful as Katie Vick or the Jim Ross op examples, but another one to add to the mix.

Reactions: gd
are you kidding me?, check the segment on youtube, the guy messed up half of his lines and kept reapeating cena I cant see you?, I cant see you?, the guy was the worst on the Mic ive seen since charlie hass took the stick, and dont get me wrong I am a miz supporter but calling his mic work golden is like calling vince mcmahons commentary the best in the business, the miz was fine when he was bouncing off of morrison doing improve but now hes in the big leagues and needs how to work the mic, seriously, either that or just have him wrestle until he gets comfortable because that was the worst segment ive seen on raw in ages.
if that was the worst raw segment you've seen in ages, you haven't watched in a while. notice how i said"i respectfully disagree" and you say"are you kidding me? " this isn't a debate on miz's mic skills, go create another thread if you wanna get schooled on that subject. and i forgot about the saturn moppy thing. horrible television. kudos for remembering that1.

I would go with that Jackass segment from last year. First of all, it served no point as we didn't see Steve-O or Chris Pontius at all after it. It also brought back the atrocity that is the Boogeyman for a few months and led to the creation of the god awful Khali Kiss Cam that we've had to deal with several times.

This segment was so bad it gave birth to even worse things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back