World Cup Squad

If the Z man hadn't been injured he'd have been in the squad.

It means the only Fulham players that will be there are Schwarzer, Clint Dempsey and Kagisho "red card for violent conduct" Dikgacoi.

We have the two argies and that's it, Vukic was close to Slovenia squad but he didn't get it

Beating Germany is not tough. Doing it in Germany is not tough either.

And sorry Tasty, Hodgson is likeable and a decent manager. but he is not good enough for England and I think Capello will stick around.

Hodgson has found his level at Fulham and he should focus on taking them to the next level.

And sorry Tasty, Hodgson is likeable and a decent manager. but he is not good enough for England and I think Capello will stick around.

Hodgson has found his level at Fulham and he should focus on taking them to the next level.

Firstly, Capello will not be there in 2014. Secondly, he has taken a squad that had 20 points in March two years ago into the final of a European competition. Bobby Zamora has gone from "When the ball hits his head and it lans in row Z, that's Zamora" to missing out on the World Cup through injury.

I'd like to know what the next level for Fulham is? Champions League? Not going to happen. If Kevin Keegan and Steve McClaren are good enough, then Hodgson absolutely is.

There is no next level for Fulham, this is as good as it gets for them. The reason they've done so well in europe but not the league is Hodgson, as a European coach he's one of the most experienced guys around but his approach doesn't work in the English league. He'd probably do well as England manager but Liverpool can forget regaining their champions league place if he's there next season.

Hodgson finished 7th in the league last season, and would have come 9th this year if he hadn't played the reserves for 3 of the last 4 games. Hodgson would be a shite sight better than Benitez.

On this seasons form I can't disagree. But I doubt Hodgson would do any better with the shite luck that Liverpool have had this year. Combine that with shitty owners and its a miracle we didn't implode further this year.

I disagree that Fulham can't go further. They should be aiming for top six. It's within reach for them with a better, deeper squad. Al Fayed should stump up and support the investment. He has enough cash after selling Harrods.

I don't think he should go for the England job and I know he is in the running for the Liverpool job if its available. He doesn't need it and I get the impression he wants to build something at Fulham. Something he never did at Inter or Blackburn or any of his other jobs elsewhere. Keegan and McLaren were best options at a desperate time. There will be better options if Capello goes after Euro 2012.

And I wanted Zamora in the England squad. He should have been there for the last game. if he was fit, I would take four strikers. He's been great this year.

Hodgson has said he'd only leave for the England job. If you believe that the England manager should be English, there's no better candidate. Redknapp is the only one who comes close, and he's far too much of a shyster for the FA to appoint him.

I can't disagree. Redknapp is a knob.

But there is a more pertinent question here. Tasty, why aren't you at a pub watching the game?

Edit: Come on Fulham!!

I was supposed to go to Hamburg, but then I had an exam today. I can't go the pub because I have an exam tomorrow. Judging by the way the match went, I'm glad I spent no money on it.

Hodgson is a terrific manager and I think he'd do well as England boss after Capello fails this summer. Everyone keeps going on about needing an ex-international who will have the passion like Stuart Pearce, but we're much better off with an experienced man who knows what he's doing. Capello is a step in the right direction and Hodgson would carry that on.

Redknapp is man who has always been able to buy the right players to do a job for him. He'd be a popular manager with the players, but what would he do when the team are playing poorly? He can't buy better ones.

How can people come in here and hate on Argentina?

a little nervous that thy may just have the best squad in the world minus a manager

im saying watch out if not this year 2014 it will be argentinas time

They aren't that good really. Messi is obviously the best player in the world, and Mascherano and Aguero are pretty super too, but the rest of the squad is pretty shit. Palermo and Veron were old when the last World Cup was on.

Their downfall is lack of depth defensively and ill give you that Palermo is old but he doesnt need to be featured like he has in the past. Verons playing like an ageless wonder hes still playing to an incredibly high level at estudiantes plus their plethora of offensive weapons with Messi, Higuain, Aguero, Tevez, and the rising star Angel Di Maria. If they find any fluidity in their play which has for the most part been denied by El Diego they could be the most dangerous team in the cup

Argentina have a great chance. Solid back four, Mascherano is as good as they get in the holding roll, Jonas adds work-rate on the right, Di Maria has great potential on the left, and with Messi playing off Higuain they will scare every defence shitless. They have Tevez, Milito and Aguero off the bench too.

But Veron is a problem. The Argentinian press talk him up, but he's no Xavi like they seem to think, or even Riquelme when he used to play there. Maradonna's dislike for Cambiasso might haunt them.

How Cambiasso is missing out, I dont know.

Argies play with 4 centre backs and Messi is awful when he plays in anything other than a Barca shirt. England will go further than them if the Argies can't figure out how to play Aguero, Higuain and Messi together..

Argentina should play the "I'm losing 3-0 on PES" 2-1-7 formation and win every game about 6-5 if they actually want to do well.

Seriously though, not a threat. France are shit too, and Spain, as good as they are, always play like complete arse in the world cup. This is probably England's best chance since 1990.

How Cambiasso is missing out, I dont know.

Apparently performed poor in a few games and fell out with Maradonna.

Got to remember Argentina have an easy group, with possibly only South Africa in the second round. Get to quarter-finals and anything can happen.

There's always one team who suprises everyone and does better than expected and it may well be Argentina. Everyones going into that tournament expecting them to do nothing but that's dangerous, they could well end up shocking a few teams. Either that or the fail to amke it past the group stage and go crashing out to Nigeria and South Korea.

There's always one team who suprises everyone and does better than expected and it may well be Argentina.

I wouldn't bet on them even getting out of their group.
I'm looking at the groups and to be honest, I can't see a surprise team for this world cup. The groups are so well setup that we could easily see all 7 seeds (plus France) in the last 8, which after the last few world cups (lack of big games) could be fantastic.
If there's going to be a surprise team it'll be Chile, though that hits a slight snag as they're set to face Brazil/Ivory Coast/Portugal depending on where they finish. You could also look to Group D and say Australia/Ghana/Serbia could provide a surprise, except they'd be facing England in the Last 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back