Women's Champion

DCLXVI

Getting Noticed By Management
Watched NXT Takeover last night.

We know NXT refers to their female champions as Women's Championship holder rather than Divas... They regularly steal the show and put emphasis on wrestling rather than sexuality in developmental...

Here's my question.

If they are emphasizing wrestling in NXT over sexuality or scripted reality TV drama storylines that we see on the WWE main roster along with 2 minute rush job matches... what are they developing them for? Would it not be more productive to just hire actresses and train them on the mic and for short distance matches rather than booking them in matches that would be hard for their top male counterparts to live up to?

Do you see the perception of actual mainstream women's wrestling changing and evolving to the point where a woman can be beautiful but also put on a 5 star match? Or do you see it devolving to the reality show crap (I watched Smackdown and noticed they basically revolve any storylines they do have around Total Divas)? What is the point in developing great wrestlers rather than potential reality show candidates?

Thoughts?

Generally speaking, the differences in the use of women in NXT and WWE reflect a bigger picture. In NXT, they put an emphasis on concise, easy to follow, engaging storylines whereas WWE often has overly complicated, sometimes nonsensical storylines with gaping logic holes. A primary reason for the difference has to do with Vince McMahon frequently changing his mind or wanting to add a little of this or take that out, or just flat out making the wrong decision.

In NXT, the wrestling abilities & characters of the women are fleshed out and focused on whereas in WWE, they're generally relegated to filler. As to why that is, again, I think it's due to different booking philosophies. I get the feeling that Vince is either so out of touch that he doesn't really know how to use female wrestlers in a meaningful way that doesn't come off as insulting or if he's knowingly being misogynistic and simply doesn't believe that the women offer anything worthwhile.

WWE has branded the Divas as "smart, sexy & powerful", but those positive qualities are, generally speaking, much more in tune with the women we see in NXT. They're all pretty hot, but they can also wrestle, have different characters with different personalities. On the main roster, most Divas don't have much personality because they're not really given any time to develop in front of fans as characters. Aside from AJ Lee, the only real emphasis on personality in the Divas go to the Bella Twins, who basically behave as though they're still the mean, stuck up yet popular girls in high school.

I might be wrong but, all in all, the format of NXT strikes me as something that WWE MIGHT evolve into at some point if Triple H does take over for Vince at some point. When you look at WWE executives, you see Vince McMahon has guys like Kevin Dunn and a few others, who seem to either agree with just about anything Vince says or are just yes men. In NXT, Triple H is surrounded by guys like Dusty Rhodes, William Regal, Gerald Brisco and some others who're men who actually live, breathe, eat, sleep and shit wrestling.

The Diva's on the main roster are there for one reason, to try and sell that piece of crap called Total Diva's. It's more about their personal drama than anything else, and puts the wrestling portion of it in the background. Now we get to experience it on RAW and SD as well. Lucky us.

I read a report on the main page today that some insiders don't think Charlotte should be called up. Apparently she has the wrestling skills, but not the supermodel good looks that they want the Diva's to have. Now I watch NXT and Charlotte isn't an ugly woman, so to use that as an excuse not to put her on the main roster is ridiculous.

This is were Vince and co. lose all credibility. If you're going to bypass a woman because she's not good looking enough for you, even though she can outwrestle half the Diva's division then something is whacky. Thankfully Charlotte will probably get called up, due to the fact that she's Ric Flair's daughter and he still has some influence. But she won't be allowed to do most of what makes her so great in NXT and those horrid Bella twins will still outshine her.

The Diva's on the main roster are there for one reason, to try and sell that piece of crap called Total Diva's. It's more about their personal drama than anything else, and puts the wrestling portion of it in the background. Now we get to experience it on RAW and SD as well. Lucky us.

I read a report on the main page today that some insiders don't think Charlotte should be called up. Apparently she has the wrestling skills, but not the supermodel good looks that they want the Diva's to have. Now I watch NXT and Charlotte isn't an ugly woman, so to use that as an excuse not to put her on the main roster is ridiculous.

This is were Vince and co. lose all credibility. If you're going to bypass a woman because she's not good looking enough for you, even though she can outwrestle half the Diva's division then something is whacky. Thankfully Charlotte will probably get called up, due to the fact that she's Ric Flair's daughter and he still has some influence. But she won't be allowed to do most of what makes her so great in NXT and those horrid Bella twins will still outshine her.

That's the problem, isn't it? Vince can't stand someone he didn't handpick getting over. Charlotte can outwrestle just about any other diva on that roster, but because Vince didn't have anything to do with that he's gonna make sure she's jobbing to Alicia Fox. I almost wish Charlotte doesn't get called up if this is her fate. Wonder what Dunn's gonna make her do when she gets called up.

Im confident that at least, the 4 girls, that took part of the fatal four in RIVAL, can outwrestle every "diva" on the main roster. (maybe except natalya)

Charlotte is probably the most gifted female wrestler that wwe has ever seen.
Bayley is charismatic, despite i dont dig her gimmick, her in-ring ability is awesome.
Becky Lynch, she took me by surprise this past Take Over, great performer.

and....Sasha Banks, like i said in my thread about her, he will be the new Great One, amazing in every aspect.

I would love to see an "invasion" angle, were the women from nxt, kick the model's asses of the divas for good. but thats too much fantasy even in my head.

The Diva's on the main roster

Navi, I am not trying to pick on here but rather use your comment as an example of a perception that needs to change in the wrestling world. Triple H has been very out spoken for years about growing NXT beyond a development system. He holds a vision of NXT eventually standing strong as its own Brand and an alternative to what is presented on RAW, SD!, Main Event, Super Star and Total Divas. NXT is setting out to, and damn close to, satisfying the needs of a major niche in the market. If the fans of NXT make the push and H continues with his vision NXT can become a destination and not merrily a feeder.

With that I am not naïve enough to think talent do not want to work RAW, SD! and so as it means more exposure and money but NXT shouldn’t be looked down upon. This is a chance for them to right the wrong they did in bringing back ECW. The Performance Center is for development. NXT is for a tremendous wrestling show.

I beleive charolette should come to WWE and bring back the Women's title. Her and Paige can begin the anti- diva movement. Something that Nattie and Beth attempted to start a few years back. This will then re-introduce the women's title.

They can talk about the history of the title and how this title paved the way for strong woman wrestlers until the "total divas" came and ruined the division.

The outcome to be 2 titles again but make a clear definition that the women's title is for top female contenders and the divas title is for the lower card females

Women's title contenders:
Charolette
Paige
Nattie
Tamina
AJ lee
Naomi

Divas title contenders:
Nikki
Brie
Emma
Summer Rae
Alicia Fox
Cameron

I beleive charolette should come to WWE and bring back the Women's title. Her and Paige can begin the anti- diva movement. Something that Nattie and Beth attempted to start a few years back. This will then re-introduce the women's title.

They can talk about the history of the title and how this title paved the way for strong woman wrestlers until the "total divas" came and ruined the division.

The outcome to be 2 titles again but make a clear definition that the women's title is for top female contenders and the divas title is for the lower card females

Women's title contenders:
Charolette
Paige
Nattie
Tamina
AJ lee
Naomi

Divas title contenders:
Nikki
Brie
Emma
Summer Rae
Alicia Fox
Cameron

Because of contractual reasons involving the production of "Total Divas", the Divas' title must remain that way. The anti-Divas will be just that: The anti-Diva. If the show got canceled, then there is a possibility of reinstating the Women's strap. And, BTW, I would not put Emma in the same pack as the Divas. Emma was trained by, and wrestled for, Madison Eagles in Australia. I would also bring up Sasha Banks and Bayley. Then, you may be able to add a Divas/Women's tag strap to the mix.

The best thing about women in NXT is that they are called women instead of divas. WWE needs a secondary title (women's tag team) and some extended time for their women on the shows. Atleast,they can give half an hour to women's division by shortening those half hour promos of the Authority urgh. Those half hour promos are absolute terrible. They should shorten those for the mid-card and women. As I have stated on another post,they should split timing for different parts. 1 and a half hour for the main event storylines and respective matches. 1 hour for the three midcard belts (20 minutes each) and half hour for the women's division. This will make a great episode of Raw.

Who cares what they are called? That's some petty shit. Divas, women, it's not like the men are being called divas.

As far as women's wrestling is concerned NXT is taped in front of Mark crowds that cheer for everything and react to everything. If you think fucking Blue Pants is goig to be over on the main roster forget it. Most of those broads have no personality whatsoever and will bore the shit out of the casual crowd.

I enjoy their NXT work but that's because I fall into the crowd that would watch stuff like that, I don't expect many other people will. WWE has had women's wrestling for over 20 years and few people give a damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back