Women in the WWE Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

VABurghman

Pre-Show Stalwart
What women are missing from the WWE "Hall of Fame"? Currently inducted are Sherri Martel, The Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Wendi Richter, and Sunny. All deserving of such recognition (unlike Drew Carey, Pete Rose, Bob Eucker, etc). I have no problem with Sunny being in the Hall but there are other women who contributed well before her that should be in too. This is considering WWE/F and also WCW since those rights are WWE's now. I may mention a couple of names that were NWA and never WCW since the promotions tended to cross over some back then. But still, worth mentioning if you are talking true HOF. For instance:

WOMAN: Chris Benoit's wife and valet, also valet of Ric Flair.
Miss Elizabeth: Wife and valet of The Macho Man. Also valet to Flair, Hogan, and several others.
"The Perfect 10" Baby Doll: Baby Doll had a big role with the Four Horsemen. At one time being a valet of Flair. Also remember her in a big winner gets Baby Doll match between Flair and Hands of Stone Ronnie Garvin (another HOF calibre personality).
Lita: In terms of modern day no brainer.
Chyna: The first real imposing female wrestler.

Who else would you add to the list (preferably no active personalities)?

um...Trish? Only happens to be the best combination of wrestler/look/promo...perhaps ever.

Sable....she was the face of the 90s. definitely Liz. she was one of a kind

um...Trish? Only happens to be the best combination of wrestler/look/promo...perhaps ever.

Trish is back in a semi-quassy active state. So I dis-include her in the discussion. This is the problem with the WWE in comparison to other sports. Other sports have a waiting period for their Halls. WWE does not. WWE has constant returns of wrestlers. Other sports have rare returns. So it is hard to say when a WWE personality is actually retired and should be Hall eligible. Again the problem, any form of guidelines on Hall eligibility. WWE just does what they want without adding any legitimacy to the product. Take a look at WWE Hall and probably half of those personalities make appearances in an active state of some sort or another consistently. In regular Pro-Sports you would be harder pressed to find someone inducted in the Hall that makes a return. Mario Lemiuex and Gordie Howe both come immediately to mind. After them, man......sounds like a big google search!! LOL

I would definately say Miss Elizabeth as the one that sticks out the most. Madusa as well but, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I really think the women's best era was during the attitude era. I feel like most of those girls should be inducted at one point or another. They were all solid workers and a lot of them have crossed over into a lot of different areas of show biz.

Alundra Blaze/Madusa. The first proper womans wrestler of the 90s i think will one day be in the HOF.

I cant see Woman ever getting in the HOF just because of what happened in 2007

Sable definatly.

Terri Runnels one day, was a great valet for Goldust.

Baby Doll,
Bambi,
Chyna,
Dawn Marie,
Francine,
Ivory,
Jacqueline (would be the first black woman inducted),
Lita,
Luna Vachon,
Madusa (Alundra Blaze),
Miss Elizabeth,
Missy Hyatt,
Molly Holly
Sable,
Stacy Kiebler
Terri Reynolds,
Torrie Wilson,
Woman

(ALL made thier companies a lot of money) all deserve to be in the hall of fame.

When they retire, Mickie James and Trish Stratus deserve it too.

Cant believe no one has mentioned Stacey Keibler yet, alright she wasnt a phenomenal wrestler but she was a hell of a personality, worked for WWE and WCW, was a huge fan favourite and has gone on to make a decent impact in the wider world since. Definitely deserving of a spot in the HOF

Cant believe no one has mentioned Stacey Keibler yet, alright she wasnt a phenomenal wrestler but she was a hell of a personality, worked for WWE and WCW, was a huge fan favourite and has gone on to make a decent impact in the wider world since. Definitely deserving of a spot in the HOF

Look up 2 posts from this ;)

yes I think she deserves to be in the hall of fame for the same reasons you mentioned. She also did a lot of outside work for the WWE.

I am a little more shocked that no one has mentioned Luna, Jacqueline, or Torrie Wilson.

WOMAN will never make the HOF. Why? Because she will forever be associated with the Chris Benoit tragedy. The E is trying to erase all memories of Benoit and related articles from its history. I really don't think of her as more of a deserving talent than Sunny anyway. I think the whole concept of what we know as WWE diva's was really personified by Sunny and Sable.

Baby Doll would be a good choice... but she was never really associated with the E very much. Yes, WWE does induct wrestlers from different organizations, but I'm not so sure they would induct a valet in who never worked for the company.

Alundra Blaze? Uh, thats a negative. There is NO CHANCE IN HELL (pardon the pun) that Vince would induct her. One of the single most embarrasing moments for WWE during the Monday Night Wars (and what some people consider as the first shot over the bow in the Monday Night Wars) was Madusa literally taking the WWE Woman's title and throwing it in the garbage on WCW programming. She defected to WCW while she was WWE Women's Champ. Also remember, this single action is what ultimately led to the Montreal Screwjob.

Ivory is definitely deserving. i think one day she may go in, but she's going to have to come make some one-off's or something. She isn't a bad commentator, either.

Lillian Garcia will be going in one day as well. She spent to much time being the announcer for Raw not to go in.

Of course, Trish and Lita will go in too. I'm thinking Trish will go in sooner than later.

If you are referring to attitude era The first name that pops out in my head is Chyna I never really watched womens wrestling prior to the mid 90's so I cant speak on in viable candidate prior to that although there may be some.But chyna broke barriers and records during her near 5 or 6 yr run with the E. I dont think Jaqueline will be included because she is assoc. with tna and i believe she is an agent with them now sadly but she does deserve it. Ivory,Lita,Molly,Dawn... Ill even throw torrie wilson in there. Victoria deserves it but shes with tna. And if rumors of wm 29 being in toronto im sure that will be the yr trish gets her nod for the hof.

Chyna deserves to be in it, but considering he controversial lifestyle since leaving the WWE I doubt we will see it anytime soon.

Alundra Blayze (Madusa) - hmm, difficult. One could argue that she killed her right to be there when she disrespected the women's championship like she did. Others might argue it made for intriguing television and secured her place in wrestling history. In the end it all worked out for the best. I guess it all depends on Vince's mood.

Miss Elisabeth - of course. That's actually a no brainer. The other no brainer is that she should be inducted when they induct Randy Savage - WHEN and IF they induct him. He is long overdue, but he and Vince have issues.

Lita & Trish Stratus - no explanation necessary. If any women in the last 20 years deserve it, it's these two.

Jacqueline - Good technical wrestler, funny, great stripper.

Luna Vachon. Overdue.

Lilian Garcia - Not a diva of course, but she deserves to be in it.

I'm on the fence when it comes to Stacey Keibler. As a wrestler she was pathetic. But she was undeniably popular, and in the end isn't that what matters the most? If she gets in I suppose I will understand.

Sable, I guess. She made some waves. Mostly because of Playboy and suing Vince, though. But she climbed the ladder pretty high as far as divas go.

Some have argued for Nancy Benoit. I'm not familiar with her work but even if I was, this is never gonna happen. As far as WWE's self presentation is concerned Chris Benoit never existed, and who could blame them? And inducting her, even if her work in WCW was really Hall of Fame worthy (was it? I have no idea), would feel like they were saying "Sorry our employee brutally murdered you. Here, you're in the Hall of Fame now as a consolation prize." And even if what I just said is baloney, how could the induction ceremony be anything but a depressing, awkward downer? Who would induct her and who would be there in her place?

Honorable mentions:
Ivory
Molly Holly
Terri Reynolds

Come on people. Torrie and Stacy Keibler? They were terrible. Simply being hot makes someone deserving of the HOF? If they make it they should go in the celebrity wing for their modelling/ Playboy shoots. Is Kelly Kelly going to be a HOFer? Layla? Not likely.

Trish and Lita are the obvious picks to make the Hall of Fame. Victoria and Molly Holly should, as they are arguably the two best female in-ring performers WWE has had, but it's up in the air whether they'll make it or not.

Trish Stratus- She has made history by becoming the first woman to win the women's championship 7 times.

Molly Holly- very dedicated and passionate. hell, she was willing to have her head shaved bald at WM20

Chyna- She was the first woman to compete in a Royal Rumble and eliminated Y2J if not mistaken and first and only woman to hold onto the Intercontinental championship.

Sable- her and Sunny were the first women who truly brought attention to the women's division

Jaqueline- the vacant women's championship was brought back for her feud with Sable. Also was the first woman to hold cruiserweight title (even though it's now vacant)

Tori- Never won a championship, but her days with DX are memorable especially when she turned on Kane to be with Xpac and DX.

Lita- She brought high flying into the women's division and even put some high flying moves on the men. Her days with the Hardy Boyz and as a heel when she aligned with Edge are legendary. Also a 4time women's champion.

Victoria- she was one of the best psychotic heels the women's division has ever seed. her feuds with Trish and Lita are amazing. She and Lita had the very first steel cage in the women's division (at least in WWE)

Current divas who will probably make it in one day (Not going to make a list as to why for the following list just going to name their names)

Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Michelle Mccool

Def. agree with Lilian Garcia being inducted:) She was a great annoucer and her moments with the Rock were HIGHlarious!

Obviously Trish and Lita, you know, with them being all, Lita and Trish like:shrug:

Also Victoria, but she might of shot herself in the foot with the TNA thing

Current Divas who Will/May be Inducted :

Melina (The girl has got undeniable talent, and one of the most innovative diva movesets we've ever seen)
McCool (All HHH-like issues aside, the girl can wrestle her ass off)
Beth Phoenix (Modern day China, while still having her own name)
Natalya (If the E gives her the push she deserves)
Maryse At first I rolled my eyes at the poster above, but with a personality like hers, all she needs is a wrestling boost
-All the above IF they stay w/ the E, you never know

I think WWE's 5 female inductee's into the HOF thus far are all deserving
Moolah- a pioneer and womens wrestling legend and a decades long champion
Sherri Martel- a top heel wrestler and manager associated with the BIG names
Mae Young- another pioneer and womens wrestling legend
Wendi Richter- Top face wrestler, second only in popularity to Hulk Hogan in 1985, and multiple champion
Sunny- the first woman to introduce the divas we see today, top manager, was over huge in the 90's
NOW onto my thoughts on who i think should join them in future years
MISS ELIZABETH - the first lady of wrestling and legendary valet for the BIG names over the years, maybe with the sad passing of Randy Savage this week then hopefully we will see both Savage and Elizabeth get in the HOF next year as a tribute to both.
LUNA VACHON- IMO the most underrated lady in WWE history, was mostly always in the title hunt but never the champion, was the foil for top diva babyfaces like Sable and Alundra Blayze, a 20 year wrestling veteran that was the heart and soul of the women's division over the years.
MADUSA/ALUNDRA BLAYZE- Probably the top female wrestler in the US in the 90's, talented and multiple time champion, gave us classic matches with the Japanese legends.
SABLE- Sunny may have been the original diva but Sable took it from there, Sable was over huge in the late 90's maybe more so than any diva in WWE history, Sable was THE attitude era diva.
CHYNA- Truly groundbreaking diva that was the first diva to mix it up with the men in WWE, not only that but becoming the IC champion on 3 occasions, a DX original, first woman to compete in the Royal Rumble and King of the ring tournament, fans will forget Chyna.
IVORY- Ivory was the lady that helped to carry the womens division during the attitude era, a 3x womens champion, 6 years with WWE, excellent on the mic, a GLOW/LPWA veteran. Ivory had more success than most divas would wish for.
LITA- Lita still is one of the first names that come to mind when you think WWE divas, she was a multiple time champion, was over huge with the Hardy's, hated huge with Edge, had the best womens feud in WWE history with Trish Stratus, and introduced Lucha libre to the womens division.
TRISH STRATUS- Trish is a no brainer for inclusion into the HOF, she was and still is to an extent WWE's golden girl, hugely popular, 7x womens champion, she lead the division throughout the 00's, wrestled all the top names of the era and came out on top, she could talk, she could wrestle, she was the total diva package. Arguably the most popular diva of all time.
MOLLY HOLLY- Although never as over as her co workers Trish and Lita, Molly Holly seemed to be the next diva in line that fans connected with during the 00's, talented and athletic 2x womens champion, had a rare diva wrestlemania moment at wrestlemania 20 by having her head shaved. Popular and respected worker that IMO is HOF worthy.
LEILANI KAI AND JUDY MARTIN- I believe should be the first female tag team to be inducted into the HOF, Both of these veteran workers of the 80's worked and were the top heel female tandem rivalled only by Laycool. Kai was a former womens champion and competed in the womens main events in both wrestlemania 1 and 10, Kai and Martin were womens tag team champions for years in both WWE, LPWA and wrestled in the NWA and Japan. Both are unjustly overlooked in womens/diva history, check them out on youtube and you will see why they are HOF worthy.
BULL NAKANO- although her time on the US wrestling scene was brief, Nakano made an impact winning the WWE womens championship at the AJW wrestling extravaganza in Tokyo's egg dome. Her battles with Alundra Blayze are some of the best womens matches in US womens wrestling history.
A Japanese legend that was champion in all the top Japanese womens promotions, this lady could wrestle. If Antonio Inoki can make the HOF as a Japanese legend then im sure Bull can.
Active women i believe could make HOF status are
Victoria/Tara
Michelle McCool
Mickie James
Melina
and hopefully many more to come

I read halfway through and got confused- are we listing women that we think should be in the WWE Hall of Fame, or are we just seeing how many female wrestlers we can name in less then 60 seconds?

Alright, let's be honest with ourselves, the WWE HOF isn't exactly a super exclusive club. Some names, like Macho Man, people continue to wonder what the real story is for their non-induction, as their career obviously merited that degree of recognition. Then others, like Koko B. Ware, made me wonder just exactly what the hell they did that we didn't see that made someone feel they had earned an induction. With that in mind, some suggestions here, like Stacy Kiebler and Torrie Wilson, actually make sense.

However, I'm going to pretend (definitely, definitely pretend) that induction to the WWE HOF is based on merit. With that in mind, the biggest names missing would be Miss Elizabeth, Sable, Chyna, Trish Stratus and Lita.

Miss Elizabeth is the archetype for every female non-wrestler today. Someone should make a YouTube video comparing Miss Elizabeth's facial expressions and mannerisms next to performers like Stephanie McMahon-Levesque (as a face) and Dixie Carter. It's eerie the degree to which they mimicked Miss Elizabeth.

Sable was the first Diva of the modern age. After Madusa left for WCW, the women's division was deactivated. Sable got the kind of attention for herself that enabled the WWE to relaunch the division. Many of the guys around 30 here likely tugged off to that clip of her green-handprint 'top'. Unfortunately, her success went to her head, but now she's married to Brock Lesnar, and he has to be hung like an oak tree, so good for her.

Chyna was the first modern 'Amazon' type, and what's more, she could actually wrestle. Bear in mind that she was considered credible enough to work serious programs with both Chris Jericho and Jeff Jarrett, in addition to regularly dominating the women's division. Hers was a presence too big not to be recognized. However, "1 Night In China" and her recent TNA excursion probably aren't going to help her. The whole thing with HHH was almost fifteen years and a happy family ago; any grudges left over from that are long expired. (Sorry, drama lovers.)

Trish Stratus and Lita are in the same breath, because they carried the women's division for several years together. For years these two were at the top of the women's division, and could still easily be today. (They seem to be unable to age.) A lot of people stick around the business for a while; very few sit on top of it for years.

Now, to piss on the parade of several other female performers:

Madusa will never be in the WWE HOF. Never. Pete Rose will be in the baseball HOF before Madusa is even given a look by the WWE. Forget about what she accomplished during her career; she single-handedly torched the WWE Women's division, in a fashion that was almost too surreal to be believed. Folks, you don't piss on Vince's face and expect him to honor you for it later.

Ivory, Stacy Kiebler, Torrie, Molly Holly; yeah, they were good, but that's about it. Some of them were Koko B. Ware good, so if one gets inducted next year, don't come to me shouting about it. But can you honestly put them on the level of any of the five I listed?

Woman- see Chris Benoit. She didn't really do much that was legendary, so all her induction would mean is "well, it really sucked that Chris Benoit murdered you." Considering that Chris Benoit no longer exists in the WWE (except for those rare times HHH puts a Crippler Crossface on someone and makes the announcers stammer for what to call the move), I doubt they're going to honor someone for being his murder victim.

Trish Stratus and Lita will definitely get in, it's just a matter of when.

Chyna, Sable and Madusa all deserve it, but they all have so much heat with WWE brass that they'll probably not get in or they'll have to wait a long time.

Miss Elizabeth will only get in if Randy Savage is finally inducted.

Woman will not get in. She didn't have THAT great of a career, not to mention you can't induct her without bringing up Benoit.

Victoria deserves it, but she's been very outspoken on what WWE did to their women's division and that may hurt her chances.

Stacy Keibler, Terri Runnels and Torrie Wilson will probably get in. They stunk in the ring, but they were incredibly over with the fans.

Ivory, Jacqueline and Luna Vachon had great careers, but tend to get overlooked. Of the three, Ivory probably has the best chance of getting in.

Jazz will probably not get in. She was a talented wrestler, but had a tendency to get hurt whenever she got any momentum going there.

Molly Holly is a toss-up. She was a very talented wrestler, had a big hand in training the women (most notably, Trish and Victoria) and is still well-liked by the WWE management, but her overwillingness to make a complete and utter fool of herself (the "junk in your trunk" angle and the WM 20 head shaving) overshadowed her ring accomplishments and cost her in the credibility department.

I don't know about Lillian Garcia. I know a lot of fans think she deserves it, but I don't. She didn't do enough, especially compared to Howard Finkel.

Of the more current/recent women, I'd say Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Michelle McCool and Melina have the best shot of getting in.

Rayne I listed the women I feel deserve HOF induction with an explanation for each one.
It was not as you put it naming as many female wrestlers as I can in under 60 seconds, that was rude of you to say.
And I must disagree with you about Madusa having no chance of getting in.
WWE did a where are they now piece on Madusa last year, she was also contacted by WWE to make an appearance in the miss wrestlemania battle royal in 2009. This tells me that WWE has put the nitro incident in the past, remember they inducted Wendi Richter and Bret Hart after years of being blackballed.
I think Madusa will make it one day.
How anyone can believe Stacy Keibler is a future HOFer really should look at the facts, although reasonably popular she never really achieved anything.

I have no problem with putting Trish in, but most of the names being brought up in this thread were simply medicore and never really achieved anything.

I hope mickie james go's in, she was the most over diva since trish and lita, and wwe just let her go :O idiots!!!
charisma, talent, looks, in ring ability, she had it all!

if i could put them in tomorrow id go with chyna lita trish and mickie

Come on people. Torrie and Stacy Keibler? They were terrible. Simply being hot makes someone deserving of the HOF?

It really is a problem trying to decipher which women deserve induction, isn't it? We can't use the same criterion we do for the men because women don't impact the wrestling business in the same manner as guys.

Men who enter the HOF grind it out in the ring over long periods of time. They earn what they get through tons of hard work. The women who come closest to that definition are Trish Stratus and Lita; they both had tons of tough, in-ring performances over a period of years. By the same token, then, Torrie and Stacy might deserve the HOF because they plied their trade over a long time.....not wrestling, but performing for the company.

One factor that figures in for both men and women is loyalty. Personally, I don't see why a wrestling organization would want to induct someone who wasn't a person who truly identified with the WWE and was seen as an integral part of it. That's not to say a person who left the company couldn't enter the HOF; it's the circumstances under which they left. For that reason, I'd leave Madusa, Sable and Chyna out. Regardless of what they accomplished while there, I can't imagine why a company would want to honor them with a HOF induction in view of their actions in leaving. Chyna, especially: sure, she was unique, but her pain-in-the-ass demands about being billed and paid the same as Steve Austin and The Rock were completely absurd. She carved a niche for herself, then left it all to be a porno "star."

If you like unique, then Miss Elizabeth is a no-brainer. She re-defined a woman's role in pro wrestling and did it with style, grace, and beauty. There were female valet/managers before, but never like her.

Too, I would include Lilian Garcia, if for nothing else than her longevity and willingness to go along with the action when called on. She made us look forward to the appearance of the ring announcer.......and that's worth something, no?

As you can see, I like style, presence, loyalty and longevity in female candidates for HOF. Not too many of 'em qualify.

I'll be original and name someone who hasn't been mentioned a gazillion times in this thread, Sapphire. I know she only lasted in wrestling for only a short period of time but I read on wikipedia that when Dusty confronted Vince about her and requested she be released, Vince had told Dusty that she "made" his character, so maybe she's deserving of a place in the HOF if she made his character.

She's been mentioned a lot already but out of all the divas I would love to see Madusa inducted in. She's the best womens wrestler to have graced the WWE. Don't get me wrong, Trish and all them were good to but Madusa actually pulls off moves like she's a male wrestler, she's such a pro at it and could do moves no other WWE divas would even dare do except for Lita. She deserves it cause she's a wrestler not your typical diva although she was hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back