Will Wrestlemania XXXIV end as XXXI was supposed to be?

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So at Wrestlemania XXXI, Seth Rollins cashed-in Money In The Bank briefcase to defeat Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns in the main event. Roman Reigns was supposed to defeat Brock Lesnar as Brock's contract would end just after Wrestlemania XXXI. But it didn't happen and Brock Lesnar signed for another 3 years with WWE.

And assuming that the reports of Roman Reigns Vs. Brock Lesnar II taking place at Wrestlemania are true, Roman Reigns will defeat Brock Lesnar to supposedly win the Universal Championship. Seeing that the first encounter got mostly good reception, could it happen that Roman Reigns is supported by the crowd to defeat Brock Lesnar?

Also, will Brock Lesnar re-sign with WWE after the inevitable loss at the hands of Roman Reigns?

I don't know why but I think that Roman Reigns might be supported by the audience to defeat Brock Lesnar. And I ain't sure about Brock re-signing. Maybe.

Will Roman Reigns be cheered against Brock? Well thankfully we have a past encounter between the two we can look at.

Brock Lesnar - Coming off beating the Streak and John Cena.
Roman Reigns - Coming off not being Daniel Bryan and winning the RR.

Lesnar was cheered. Overwhelmingly cheered. Rollins was cheered for cashing in. Roman was booed out of the building.

Yeah Roman isn't getting cheered.

Ain't ain't a proper word.

It's definitely an interesting question, and I'm not so sure.

Brock Lesnar's first scheduled defence is supposedly Great Balls of Fire (don't even get me fucking started) in July, which means it will have been three months since his title win. Then, SummerSlam, will be the defence after I presume. Then maybe Survivor Series, maybe the Royal Rumble, and then WrestleMania. That is assuming he does indeed keep the championship. If Reigns wins the title, will they boo him because they don't like him, or cheer him because they don't like Lesnar keeping the title of off weekly television? Honestly I think that could be the dilemma for fans who don't like Reigns and don't like not having a permanent champion. And that's why I don't think it is so obvious whether or not Reigns gets the pop. The other issue is that it will be the fourth-straight WrestleMania main event for Roman Reigns. Fans might resist that more.

Having said all of that, the interesting thing about Brock Lesnar is that no matter what things fans seem to hate on (like not having a permanent champion), it usually doesn't change the way fans respond to Lesnar if he is the culprit of those things. We've seen him as champion before, and in a way I didn't mind that the title was missing only because it kinda suited his character - that he knows he is a special attraction and doesn't need to show up. And despite his run, fans liked it. They cheered him. They wanted him to stay champion at 31 if there was no cash-in. But this is a different time, so maybe fans will have changed their mind by WrestleMania. A year is a long time not to have a permanent champion on the main roster, especially when I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Strowman, Rollins, Joe, Balor, Wyatt, Miz and so on as champion.

Ultimately, I think fans will cheer Lesnar in spite of the fact that so many guys will surely miss out on the chance to fight for the title and be the Universal Champion. I personally value a title being available more than having a guy who isn't necessarily my favourite as champion. And I do like Reigns, but I'm generalising. It should be an interesting fan response and that could partly be a driving factor for WWE wanting to have this match.

As for Lesnar re-signing... I expected him to in 2015. I don't expect him to in 2018 right now. But that could change. The biggest shame for me would be losing Paul Heyman on television.

I don't know why but I think that Roman Reigns might be supported by the audience to defeat Brock Lesnar. And I ain't sure about Brock re-signing. Maybe.

Yeah I don't know why you would think that, because there is absolutely zero evidence to suggest that this will happen.

WrestleMania 34 will be another coronation for Roman Reigns, with him beating Brock Lesnar to win the Universal Title in the same building that Lesnar ended the Streak. Lesnar and Reigns are the only two men to defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania, it's fitting that they clash in a WrestleMania main event.

But Roman Reigns will get booed out of the building. Again.

Lesnar is being built as a monster heel champion and Reigns is supposed to be the triumphant babyface that finally topples him. And of course it won't work as they intend. It will be an amazing match, but Reigns will get heat and the atmosphere will be killed with muted audio just like the last two WrestleMania main events with Reigns. In my opinion Reigns should be put in a position where being booed is the desired outcome, but short of that at least let the television viewing audience hear the genuine crowd reaction. Trying to blatantly mask it is so fucking transparent, stupid, and insulting. If you have to jump through hoops to literally pretend that your top babyface is getting cheered, maybe he shouldn't be a babyface. But anyways.

Brock Lesnar signing or re-signing with the WWE is completely irrelevant to the reaction the match will get. The company is heel at this point. Fucking the company is a babyface move. Lesnar could say he hates the WWE, he only cares about money, and he's leaving with the belt and he would be even more over than he is now.

Roman Reigns being cheered against Lesnar bahahahahahahahaha. Never going to happen. Reigns will never be cheered, unless he goes full heel and has a vicious long run with a killer edge, to the point fans start to rally behind him, the crowd turn guys, not Vince.

What if for arguments sake Paul Heyman turns on Lesnar and helps Roman win? I'd imagine fans will still be booing Reigns. Why not just turn him heel and have Heyman work with him? Lesnar probably isn't going anywhere else so he will probably re-sign and come back as a face and chase after Heyman's new client. You don't have to worry about Reigns cutting the same good guy bad guy they guy my yard now bs promos. It could be good for all involved. Will not matter then if Reigns is booed but knowing the Wrestlemania crowd if this happen's i bet they cheer their asses off anyways.

So at Wrestlemania XXXI, Seth Rollins cashed-in Money In The Bank briefcase to defeat Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns in the main event. Roman Reigns was supposed to defeat Brock Lesnar as Brock's contract would end just after Wrestlemania XXXI. But it didn't happen and Brock Lesnar signed for another 3 years with WWE.

And assuming that the reports of Roman Reigns Vs. Brock Lesnar II taking place at Wrestlemania are true, Roman Reigns will defeat Brock Lesnar to supposedly win the Universal Championship. Seeing that the first encounter got mostly good reception, could it happen that Roman Reigns is supported by the crowd to defeat Brock Lesnar?

Also, will Brock Lesnar re-sign with WWE after the inevitable loss at the hands of Roman Reigns?

The thing with Lesnar is while he is still a special attraction, he's not that special anymore. If that makes sense. He might sell tickets, but the bloom is off the rose now compared to when he first arrived. Part of it might be his schedule, which is part time and part of it might be that his matches are boring as hell. People talk about Cena and his 5 Moves of Doom, well I give you Brock Lesnar and his 2 Moves of Doom.

Will he re-sign? I doubt it. He's already stated he has no interest in going back to UFC, and even if he does he has a year's suspension waiting there for him. Lesnar doesn't like people and likes to live 100's of miles away from everyone on a ranch in Western Canada. The guy has more money than you can shake a stick at, so I think he'll be quite happy hunting and living with his wife and kids away from prying eyes.

Will Reigns get cheered? The answer to that is God only knows. A lot as to do with how the WWE books him going forward, but if recent history is anything to go by, then the answer is yes. Vince wants a babyface Reigns and it's not going to happen. He just doesn't fit the mold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back