Will we see Nexus vs the "Anti-Nexus"??

Rulk25

Getting Noticed By Management
Will we see it and more importantly will we want to see it.

Already Bryan, Young and now Tarver have been drummed out
Which leaves Slater, Gabriel and Otunga and possible new recruits Husky and Joe. With the tease of Otunga/Barret tension he might be dumped as well and Bryan gather this group to fight back. Otunga initially refuses gets beat my Barret and then joins it could even be used to have an actual SS match at SS

It is an interesting one, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing gabriel/otunga turn face and have the more aggressive and natural heels of Harris and Hennig take their place. Not sure if DB would fit in to the equation, but it would give the rookies something to do and would regenerate interest in the ever-staling Nexus angle.

If the WWE are intent on turning Cena heel, it would also be interesting to see how he would fit in.

A good idea and there is an awful lot worse creative could do with the evolution of Nexus.

NXT spawns a new N.w.O. just as speculation shows a reunion of sorts seems to be sprouting on TNA? as a fan i would love to see a full replay of the wars, who can run a gimmick into the ground faster Vinnie Mack or East E?

but anyway i dont think tarver should have a job at all but lets see Young, Gabriel, Otunga and i guess slater and maybe even DB against barrett, sheffield,harris,hennig and ...a well executed (if possible) heel cena

survivor series winner (or winning team as individual) owns rights to nexus name ....cena.....disband and get out?

I think what the wwe is doing right now is it is trying to limit the nexus to just 4 or 5 members at a time (if this angle stays for the long term) so its more efficiently managed. I don't think there is going to be a nexus vs nexus angle, that will just kill interest for sure.
barrett is the only one who will benefit from this whole ride in the end, the others will just end up on dark matches etc.

I like that it be a good storyline if done the right way. But I think as of now that that will not exactly happen.

Sorry to disagree with some of the older posters.

But I don't belive John Cena will be turning heel here. What I am sensing is that he will be playing along for a while until Bragging Rights where he costs Nexus the match against Raw and Smackdown. Then in the Main Event he ends up costing Barrett the title. When the Raw GM who I belive is gonna reveal himself shows up to fire Cena. Cena announces that he has signed with Smackdown leading to a change of show for Cena.

You're thoughts and comments will be welcomed

well, the anti nexus can be the straight edge group
if you dont understand edge was traded to smackdown and could be traded for cm punk and punk makes a new SES and they fued with nexus

Hmm an Anti-Nexus huh? That would work but I dont think it will happen. Bryan is still feuding with Miz (at least I believe so), Young and Tarver dont have anything to prove since they suck, and pretty much the only member of Nexus that is even remotely interesting is Barrett (perhaps Gabriel too because that 450 is impressive every time I see it).

Now onto Cena. From what I'm seeing, the Bragging Rights match with Orton and Barrett is screaming "screwjob" all over it. Either Cena distracts the ref and Nexus KOs Orton, giving Barrett the win or Cena accidently costs Barrett the match and Cena ends up getting fired. But hold on. The mystery GM says that if Cena does not do what Barrett says, the GM will fire him. There's a loophole in this ultimatum. The mystery GM is in charge of Raw, but Teddy Long is in charge of Smackdown. So what I'm thinking is that Cena will sign a deal behind the scenes to go to Smackdown and cost Barrett the match, with Cena being fired from Raw so that he can say "go ahead fire me because I'm going to Smackdown.

If that happens, remember that you heard it here first.

Hopefully Slater will be kicked out next. He's punching above his weight with them. I see Gabriel turning face in the coming weeks - maybe they will do the RVD/Alliance thing.

Tarver out was a good move, Henning and Harris to join when 1 more leaves.

Now onto Cena. From what I'm seeing, the Bragging Rights match with Orton and Barrett is screaming "screwjob" all over it. Either Cena distracts the ref and Nexus KOs Orton, giving Barrett the win or Cena accidently costs Barrett the match and Cena ends up getting fired. But hold on. The mystery GM says that if Cena does not do what Barrett says, the GM will fire him. There's a loophole in this ultimatum. The mystery GM is in charge of Raw, but Teddy Long is in charge of Smackdown. So what I'm thinking is that Cena will sign a deal behind the scenes to go to Smackdown and cost Barrett the match, with Cena being fired from Raw so that he can say "go ahead fire me because I'm going to Smackdown.

Problem with that is the stipulation states his WWE contract will be terminated, which goes beyond simple brand firings in WWE terminology.

I do, however, believe this could turn into a slowly built heel turn for Cena if, after months of taking orders and doing evil, it eventually comes second nature to him and he just starts flipping out on random babyfaces. Would be almost a Joker-esque turn in that the constant madness of playing the heel made him believe in the chaos of being a heel.

That and the easiest way to turn a top babyface is to saddle them with the corporate buttkiss gimmick, but I don't see that happening.

Absolutely not. Most of the people who have been kicked out either suck (Young and Otunga if he goes) or have better things to do (Bryan). The latter of whom wouldn't be in a SS tag match on the grounds of having a title to defend, and everybody else is outclassed by the extant Nexus members. When your best shot at beating Barrett, Gabriel and Cena is Michael Tarver you might as well not bother showing up to the fight you're so screwed.

I think that there will be Nexus -vs- CeNexus. But I don't think it will have to do with those kicked out. I think they're kicking people out in order to make the storyline less sloppy.

CeNexus (face): Cena, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater
Nexus (heel): Barrett, Harris, McGillicuty, Skip Sheffield

Maybe at Survivor Series. CeNexus will beat the Nexus, and both sides will disband. This keeps Cena a face through this entire angle. As much as I'd love to see it, Cena isn't going heel.

Ok, can anybody give me a logical reason why Nexus vs Anti-Nexus will happen? I can give you a good one why it won't. Try to follow me to the destination of my train of thought.

John Cena's job is forfeit if he goes against Wade Barrett's orders. That's why he enabled Barrett to win the Battle Royale. He admitted that he "Cannot lose WWE" and is willing to do everything he fought against to keep being in WWE. As Wade Barrett is not turning face, and John's outlook isn't changing any time soon he will have to be on Wade's heel team. With me so far?

This logically means that the match would be a formality. The faces would be bringing a knife to a tankfight. If we keep it strictly Nexus vs former Nexus (based on who's likely to actually be able to work the match) in a 4 vs 4 SS tag match it's going to be Danielson, Otunga, Young and Tarver vs Cena, Barrett, Gabriel and Slater.

However, not all of the Nexus members WILL be available. Danielson is unlikely to lose his US title and will likely be in a match already so scratch him off. Luckily Barrett's likely to have a match too so it's Cena, Slater and Gabriel vs Young, Tarver and Otunga. That's not a match, that's a massacre.

The next problem is that this would help nobody. This angle has been booked to get Barrett and co over. How does Cena defeating an alliance of people he's already decimated help anybody? This angle's progress has been logical and perfectly booked. A Nexus vs Anti-Nexus climax would be anything but that.

Maybe Alex Riley will turn on Miz and join up with The Nexus along with Harris and Henning. I don't see an Anti-Nexus thing happening but it could happen. But the WWE vs Nexus storyline is what is probably is coming up.

Maybe Alex Riley will turn on Miz and join up with The Nexus along with Harris and Henning. I don't see an Anti-Nexus thing happening but it could happen. But the WWE vs Nexus storyline is what is probably is coming up.

Why would Riley attack the Miz to join Nexus, a group of people who have never done anything for him over the guy who got him a Raw contract, got him on NXT (kayfabe Miz selected him out of all the guys in FCW). In fact Riley has not shown any sign of disliking Miz. So why do a U-Turn on Miz? Also, why have a heel beat up a heel so the first heel can join up with a bunch of other heels?

Seriously people think WHY something should happen beofre you post your idea.

Only 2 things with him going to Smackdown
A) They lose their major face on Raw (which could be alleviated by HHH)
B) Taking that route basically says Cena Loses. He coudlnt beat Nexus at their game and had to get fired to get away from them it makes him look...gasp...weak
Hmm an Anti-Nexus huh? That would work but I dont think it will happen. Bryan is still feuding with Miz (at least I believe so), Young and Tarver dont have anything to prove since they suck, and pretty much the only member of Nexus that is even remotely interesting is Barrett (perhaps Gabriel too because that 450 is impressive every time I see it).

Yeah that would be a horrible idea and now what i prosed at all. I deliberately left Cena and Barret out as like you said they have no part in the match and would do nothing or them that is why I put in Harris and Henning alongside Slater and Gabriel. Have it be all rookies would give it some believability and would help whoever wins (Presumably Harris and Henning)
Ok, can anybody give me a logical reason why Nexus vs Anti-Nexus will happen? I can give you a good one why it won't. Try to follow me to the destination of my train of thought.

John Cena's job is forfeit if he goes against Wade Barrett's orders. That's why he enabled Barrett to win the Battle Royale. He admitted that he "Cannot lose WWE" and is willing to do everything he fought against to keep being in WWE. As Wade Barrett is not turning face, and John's outlook isn't changing any time soon he will have to be on Wade's heel team. With me so far?

This logically means that the match would be a formality. The faces would be bringing a knife to a tankfight. If we keep it strictly Nexus vs former Nexus (based on who's likely to actually be able to work the match) in a 4 vs 4 SS tag match it's going to be Danielson, Otunga, Young and Tarver vs Cena, Barrett, Gabriel and Slater.

However, not all of the Nexus members WILL be available. Danielson is unlikely to lose his US title and will likely be in a match already so scratch him off. Luckily Barrett's likely to have a match too so it's Cena, Slater and Gabriel vs Young, Tarver and Otunga. That's not a match, that's a massacre.

The next problem is that this would help nobody. This angle has been booked to get Barrett and co over. How does Cena defeating an alliance of people he's already decimated help anybody? This angle's progress has been logical and perfectly booked. A Nexus vs Anti-Nexus climax would be anything but that.

I see a possible different route to this scenario. Wade's character last week started showing more of a "It's All About Me" look, instead of the normal "All For One And One For All". I think this goes on for a few weeks, and then Barrett gets surrounded by all of the remaining Nexus members (including Cena). Barrett then takes the traditional Nexus beatdown. Cena becomes the new heel leader of Nexus, like The Rock did with Nation Of Domination when they kicked out Farooq.

You can say Cena will never turn heel, but I look at a couple of things. McMahon has a ton of Nexus merchandise that is not selling right now, and who better to put it over than Cena? A big group of WWE fans have been clamoring for the old Cena for months now, and this would probably be as close to it as you can find. Sure, a lot of kids will be crying their eyes out, but I don't think this hurts Cena's popularity. It would just transfer it to another group of fans. Anybody remember how Hogan's career skyrocketed when he turned in 1996?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back