Which member of Nexus will have the better career

Which Member of Nexus will have the better career?

• Wade Barret

• David Otunga

• Micheal Tarver

• Skip Sheffield

• Darren Young

• Heath Slater

• Justin Gabriel

Results are only viewable after voting.

tRKOj

Occasional Pre-Show
Which member of Nexus will have the better career when the Nexus angle is all over?

I personally believe Wade Barret and I'm sure most people will however i also think Sheffield, Otunga, and Gabriel will have good careers as well.

Now I want yall 2 pic the 1 u think will hav the better career and explain why.

PLEASE LEAVE DANIEL BRYAN(DANIELSON) OUT OF THIS HE DOESN'T COUNT

You should have left Wade Barrett out of this poll, because it's obvious he is the best of the Nexus and will become the biggest star of the bunch. Out of all the other rookies, I think tarver is the best. he has an intimidating look, an awesome looking flying punch, and good mic skills. i think skip sheffield is good too. as a heel he is way more convincing and dominates in the ring. IMO he could dominate the mid card for a while before eventually moving on to the main event, but he has a looooong way to go before he reaches that level. he also has a great physique. his mic skills are OK though, he needs work in that department.

Big Wade's the leader for a reason. He's British, he's huge, he's a badass. Pretty sure he'll fit in just nicely into the picture. Like Sheamus, only with an odd tattoo on his shoulder.

I think Sheffield could do quite well also. Dude's a hoss, and you know Vinnie loves hosses. His matches in NXT were passable and I only see him getting better, son.

Gabriel could fit in well as your go to random midcard high flyer, primarily as a face of course. Think Bourne, except for slightly worse. Tarver don't look half bad either. I hope he makes it, for his kid's sake.

Young, Otunga, Slater, all shit. Hasta La Vista. Especially Slater. Boy does he suck.

Obviously, it's Barrett. He is the one carrying the Nexus as he is the only one who has competed so far and has had the most mic time. He also was the representative during the time when Barrett and Cena had to shake hands. He was representing the Nexus for a reason.

As for the others, I believe that they may have good or mediocre careers but Barrett is the one that will shine above the rest. He is the complete package.

Like someone said, should've left Barrett out. He obviously won it because he's the best. That's why he's the leader. In my vote, I left Barrett out.

I voted for Skip Sheffield. He's big. Exactly the person Vince loves. He can hit a guy with a move, and 50% of the time, unlike other people, it almost looks real. He does need some work on a mic, but look at it this way, at least he's not as bad off as Slater. And even at that, bring in a MANAGER for him, a mouthpiece that can cover that for him, and you have pretty much the whole package. I wouldn't have said this during NXT, but with his work in the Nexus, I believe Skip will be the future of the WWE...mid-cards.

Barrett's in line for the push already, being the leader and all, but I think Sheffield will go on to do either just as well OR better, because he's the biggest of the lot, and could end up being a Goldberg of sorts.

Personally, I think Slater( Heath Miller) will. Maybe I'm biased because I used to train with him in GA, but the guys work rate really is 2nd to none. unfortunately the gimmick they got him going with right now isn't a very good one, trust me, when they get around to tweaking it.... he will blow up.

Reactions: TSG
I voted for Heath Slater i dont know why but i see something in him. I've liked him since NXT(but that could of been because he was Christian Rookie). I Think if they give him a good gimmick he could be really good i just think he needs a good gimmick

I think Barrett will have a much greater career he has great mic skills aswell as in-ring

Simple. Wade Barrett.

He won NXT for a reason;the guy is the total package. Solid in the ring, fantastic on the mic, a good look and a main event presence. With the right push, there's no telling how far he'll go.

As far as the others go, Tarver could do quite well. His ring work is okay, but he's very good on the mic and has great intensity. Gabriel could make a very solid mid-carder; he just needs to work on his mic skills. I could also see Sheffield being fairly successful.

Otunga is solid on the mic, but shit in the ring. Young is blah and Slater needs to be trapped in an elevator forever.

I see Barrett and Sheffield going places, unless slater grows a personality...well goodbye.

Otunga is decent on the mic, prolly spend some time in the midcard.
Gabriel is over with the crowd, is ok on the mic, midcard.
Tarver...I don't know... could go either way. Lowercard.

Just My Opinion

You obviously have to go with Barrett. He's got all the tools it takes to succeed in the WWE and is the leader of the Nexus for a reason.

Barrett aside i really like Skip Sheffield and can see him as a potential main eventer one day.

And i dont know why but David Otunga just has that "it" factor for me although his ring work really needs to improve.

I believe Slater and Gabriel will have decent careers but as for the other two Young and Tarver i really dont see either of them going anywhere unless they make some major improvements in the ring.

It is obvious, Wade Barrett.

He won the first season of NXT for a reason, that being that he is the best out of the rookies he has the look, amazing mic skills and he is also quite good in the ring. That is why he is the leader of the Nexus, he is the best of the lot. I also think that Sheffield, Gabriel and possibly Tarver will have good carrers but Wade Barret is the only one of them who will taste world championship glory, and probably sooner rather than later.

i voted for otunga, i dont know why, but ive always liked him, hes got great mic skills, he got the look for a great superstar, he could use some in ring skills, but he could be a great midcarder, maybe main event, but it will be awhile before that

The obvious choice is Barrett he has the look, the mic skills, and he has talent in the ring. It was pretty obvious during NXT that he was being groomed the whole time to be a major star. Even if Danielson is hired back I don't see him reaching main event status.

Barrett has the potential to be a World champion. I don't see anyone else in Nexus achieving that. Otunga could have a descent career probably a future IC/US champion if he improves in the ring. Tarver, Gabriel, and maybe Shetffield will probably stay around mid card to upper mid card.

Barret is by far better than any of the others. He's the only one that will ever main event. I only think 2 of the guys are worth pushing as singles stars once Nexus is over and that's Barret and Gabriel. I think Otunga is so overrated, I don't think he's decent on the mic at all and his wrestling is very boring.

Barret has the mic skills, the look and the in ring talent to be a believable main eventer. Gabriel has the in ring ability to get over as a good mid carder but other than that I don't think any of them will do much of worth when Nexus ends. Otunga might simply because of management liking him but I don't think he's very entertaining at all.

I voted Barret obviously but Gabriel is the only other worth anything. They're great as a group but as singles stars are just can't see much of a future for the others.

I have to agree with 99.9% of the peeps..Barrett for a reason..But i really like Shefield. I likeed him in NXT and i really like him..If i were a betting man id see him Main eventing within a year. Like someone said, put a manager with him to cover his mic skills and hes golden..

aas for the others..

Justin Gabriel..i see him as Evan bourne type..Possibley late in his career as a Jeff hardy title push? any else think so?

Otunga..ahh not impressed at all past his looks
Darren young..he shouldnt even be on tv..lol
Tarver..not impressed at all with him past his looks either..and that mask is just ridiculous
Slater..umm, good worker?..I dunno...

But Sheffield and Gabriel i could see both winning gold..

Jay

Barrett is well there. He has a great ring presence and a spectacular voice.

But I'm gonna say Tarver.
I think he's solid on the mic; I think after this Nexus thing is done, I'd like him to be given a 'Loose Cannon' kinda persona.
He could say things nobody says and be all mental about it.
I think he could pull it off!

Besides the obvious pick of Wade Barrett, I'm gonna pick David Otunga. He is awesome on the mic and the WWE needs a D-Bag who throws his Hollywood sized ego around. Plus Vince is always looking for guys who have connections to guys in Hollywood and music so he can have those guys in his back pocket when he needs them. I've been a big fan since the beginning of NXT Season 1. I think he just needs refining in the ring, a better finisher, and he should go back to shaving designs in his hair.

I voted for Otunga, I like his mic skills, like people have said his in ring work could be much better. Another person i like is Skip Sheffield, i have liked the dude ever since tough enough, when he went by his real name Ryan Reeves aka the silverback. Mic skills are good IMO, and has the body that vince likes, I could see him going places

I honestly don't see skip going very far

I followed his career sense his tough enough days, and he has been mediocre throughout, grant it i believe WWE can make anyone into a star, but I just don't think it will be skip, sure he might have a couple title runs in his career, but he won't be nothing to speak of after that, why not mention wade barret? this guy is the complete package, and could very well get batista pushes in the near future, and by near future I mean in a few months, ( they did it with shaemus, why not barret? ) barret has only had a handful of matches and is already at main event level in my opinion.

Look out for Gabriel, and Slater

WWE likes to give former FCW champs good careers, (swagger, shaemus).

tarver and otungu will be mediocre, or atleast on zigglers level, I don't see any major pushes for these guys, tarver could run into some nice pushes, otunga has the look, but he is a big small guy, the dudes big but he isn't that tall.

I really don't need to go into the whole Barret thing, he's the best and everyone knows it. That is why I chose Justin Gabriel, #2 on this list in my opinion. It's been said a thousand times before, he has the in-ring work but not the mic skills, but I still see him going places. In fact one of the main reasons I choose him is because he shares a lot of qualities with a one Jeff Hardy. Jeff was (and still is) shit on the mic, but look at him now, he's a former 2x World Champion. Gabriel was pretty over with the crowd on NXT, he has the high-flying moves that please the crowd, and he's got a decent enough look. If they can push him right, I can honestly see him as a Mid-Card or even World Champion in the future.

As for the other guys, I still think there is hope. Contrary to what everyone thinks, I actually like Heath Slater, although he has a shitty gimmic at the moment. In FCW, when he was putting on matches with Justin Gabriel (Angel at the time) they would be really good, and I would actually like to see him week after week. The same goes for Michel Tarver, his got an intense and interesting persona that I can see lead him to a Mid-Card championship or even World title in the future, just needs some tweaking. Sheffield has the look that Vince likes and he's decent in the ring, might have a successful career as a Batista-esque character. Darren Young...get him back with Percy Watson, and fast. Otherwise, I don't see much of a future for the guy, even if he is the Black John Cena. Tag titles is about as far as I see him going. And Otunga...decent on the mic and shit in the ring, not much more to say.

I guess i hadnt really thought about it but i do like Tarvers mic skills..

Aside from Sheffield and Barrett i am very impressed with Gabriel..Like i said..i see a jeff hardy eusque title run in the near future

I left Barrett out of my vote for the obvious reasons.

I voted for Skip Sheffield. From day one of NXT he was my favourite out of the bunch. He's big, can put on a solid match and was funny as hell when he was trying to get the fans behind him with the whole "Yep Yep Yep! Wut It Do!"

And now as a heel in Nexus he is really shining as he has a very intimidating presence and he may also have a slight case of Tourettes as he is also twitching in his face so that just adds to his character as unpredictable and not knowing what is going on in his head.

I think he will have a very good career in the WWE if used right.

Skip Sheffield should have won the talk to talk challenge..just saying.

OT: I voted Skip Sheffield also. Of course Wade Barrett would get the farthest, thats pretty obvious. Skip has the body Vince Loves. I could see him in mid-card for 2-3 years than move on to main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back