Will "The Coach" Be Fired Already?

Glacier

Pre-Show Stalwart
His name has been included in an ESPN lawsuit where it is alleged
he harassed a former employee.

Will WWE let him go? It seems as if they had not heard this when
they hired him this time around.

It "seems"? What kind of allegation is being spoken of here. How do we know what WWE knew or didn't know?

I doubt they sack him, but I certainly see Booker T back on commentary in his place until this situation is dealt with

Oh no, I honestly prefer him to Brooker T.

--edit--

Why is it that whenever something good seems to be happening. something bad always find its way in...

WWE is on sticky ground whichever way they go... Their CEO has long standing "accusations" that are waiting to resurface and the company has been sued for sexual discrimination by people like Sable, so anything that "draws" attention to the culture won't be good, especially when they're making Ronda the focus.

But there is no way I can see they didn't know about this when they rehired him, as ESPN says, they investigated and found her claims untrue/unproven and that should be good enough for WWE. If they start firing every member of their roster/staff who ever hit on a colleauge, the company folds tomorrow as there'd likely be no one less.

This would seem to represent the "ugly" end of #metoo, where some people will inevitably use the very real pain of others to try to get a quick cash grab or get the odds loaded in their favor.

At worst case it could end up an "automatic" payout or win for those who make an accusation or a situation where it's illegal to deny an accusation someone makes. Very slippery slope that the world is teetering on right now...

If they are any truth to these allegations then they won't have a choice but to fired him or at less suspend him until this would mess is resolved. The thing is, it would be great for their public image if they didn't do something about it. If they can fire Hulk Hogan for a couple of racist remark and suspend one of their top cruiserweight in Enzo over sexual harassment, they can't really sweep this one under the rug. It would look bad for them.

So they are looking into this, if the story gets more attention then don'T be surprise to see either otunga or booker t back at the announce desk very soon.

They really can't... if his previous employer investigated and cleared him then they literally cannot do anything, or he can sue them AND her.

Look at it coldly for a moment, if you do offer a female colleauge "mentorship" then part of that IS getting to know them, what they're like etc... if she then is "I have a boyfriend..." that's a pretty clear signal to back off... at that point, pushing even the mentorship offer could be misconstrued... so you withdraw it and back off... your bosses investigate and you're cleared because you didn't push it, press it...it was made clear the offer was unwanted. Then once you leave the company you suddenly get named in a lawsuit?

Nope... WWE is on a VERY sticky wicket either way, but affecting Coach would send equally bad vibes... especially as Enzo's case was questionable and he was fired for not telling them rather than the case itself (which has a lot of holes) being the reason.

Coach would have probably had to disclose this when he re-joined when they have the "anything we should know" chat, ESPN would likely have been contacted as part of his rehiring to confirm he was cleared etc...

With the stuff in WWE's closet, touching Coachman here would be dangerous...

The WWE seems to be going for a public image where they don't encourage excessive violence for cheap pops, they don't allow their performers to enhance their performances with illegally obtained substances, and they don't tolerate harassment or abuse of any kind.

Since this doesn't seem to be as heavy as what Enzo was accused of doing, the recent accusations against Coach don't sound like a death-knell.

Even then, Coach only seems to provide supplementary comments in his role. If he does get let go, it might not even be because of this occurrence.

It depends. It seems as though this story has some holes in it and from what I've read, it doesn't appear to be any wrongdoing on his part. Now I'm not sure if anything was disclosed about this to WWE before he was hired back. The difference with this and Enzo situation is that Enzo knew he was being investigated and failed to say anything. According to Coach, he was not named in lawsuit and nothing noted by ESPN according to wrongdoing. However, do to anything with the media, sometimes your guilty before proven innocent these days since they love a scandal. I can see Coach taking some "time off" for whatever reason they give until further investigated and this blows over or is unfounded.

A lot of what the woman has said has been disproven by current/former ESPN employees. Not just the accused but also by people she claimed were victims. Most notably she said that Chris Berman left a very racist voicemail on Jemele Hill's phone. Jemele said that while she and Berman did have a personal conflict, it never got to a level like that and it was resolved in a very professional way.

That's not to say all of it is false but there are holes, and if ESPN already did an investigation that didn't turn up much, I don't think there's any reason why Coach should be disciplined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back