• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Rich Rodriguez be Michigan's coach next year?

Will Rich Rodriguez be Michigan's Coach Next Year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
This has been a hot topic of conversation for quite some time.

Rich Rodriguez has been highly criticized ever since he took over the head coaching duties at Michigan. From not being considered a "Michigan Man" to his dismal record (including the awful record vs Big ten opponents), to the NCAA sanctions, to the worst defense in Michigan's history, Rodriguez has had a tough journey at Michigan.

Now, many sports radio shows in the Detroit area are predicting that if Rich does not pull off a huge upset vs the Buckeyes, he will be canned.

Personally, I am a Michigan fan and would love to see Rodriguez get fired. I do not like that he has lowered the expectations at Michigan and that the program is really not getting better. I am not content going to a shitty bowl game and losing to Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State each year. Rodriguez took over a great program and has done nothing with it. Look a t Mark DeAntonio, the head coach of the Michigan State Spartans. While I dislike the team, I respect what DeAntonio has done. He took a dismal program and completely turned it around. I would kill for a coach like DeAntonio at Michigan.

With that said, I do not think Rodriguez will be fired this season, even if Michigan loses to Ohio State. He will be back next year and will continue his new tradition of mediocrity. Rodriguez and the athletic director are buds, and I really think he will get one more season to prove he sucks.

So what do you think? Will Rich Rodriguez be the head coach at Michigan next year?

It all depends on the last two games of the season. If Michigan gets blown out by Ohio State and loses their Bowl Game then he is most likely gone. However, if they are at least competitive against OSU and are able to win their Bowl Game then I believe he will be given another season.

The thing with firing Rich Rod is that U of M can't just go back to the way things were. They already have three years of recruiting into making this a true spread team. Their entire roster is basically based on Rich Rods coaching philosophy. If he does get fired they either need to hire another coach that runs a spread offense or Michigan fans need to be prepared for another 2-3 years of average to below average football as the culture of the team is changed once again. One thing all Michigan fans can agree on is that they love Denard Robinson. If Michigan fires Rich Rod for a more pro style/run heavy head coach, then Denard's talents go to waste. As much as I love Denard he is never going to be an under center, pro style quarterback.

I think no matter what, RichRod will be back. He was brought in to be an offensive guy, and nobody can say he hasn't done that...the better question to ask is whether or not Greg Robinson, Michigan's defensive coordinator will be back.

The switch to the 3-3-5 has been an unmitigated disaster. Yes, the defense is very, very young, especially at DB. But, if you are that young, why would you keep 5 of them on the field, instead of going back to a traditional 4-3 or 3-4? The 3-3-5 is a gimmick defense, and it isn't working. Greg Robinson has never demonstrated he has the ability to mastermind a defense.

The biggest problem with Michigan is that they have half of a national championship team. But only half. If you could match the offense with a respectable defense, they very well could be undefeated right now. The defense is not even close to being respectable though. It is every bit as bad as the offense is good. At Michigan, you simply don't tolerate bad defense.

Rich Rodriguez has a 99.9% chance of returning...but I would put Greg Robinson's chances at about 50%. The boosters will put a LOT of pressure on the athletic department to dump him, and there isn't a long time relationship between RichRod and Greg Robinson anyway. I can definitely see Michigan severing ties.

It all depends on the last two games of the season. If Michigan gets blown out by Ohio State and loses their Bowl Game then he is most likely gone. However, if they are at least competitive against OSU and are able to win their Bowl Game then I believe he will be given another season.

The thing with firing Rich Rod is that U of M can't just go back to the way things were. They already have three years of recruiting into making this a true spread team. Their entire roster is basically based on Rich Rods coaching philosophy. If he does get fired they either need to hire another coach that runs a spread offense or Michigan fans need to be prepared for another 2-3 years of average to below average football as the culture of the team is changed once again. One thing all Michigan fans can agree on is that they love Denard Robinson. If Michigan fires Rich Rod for a more pro style/run heavy head coach, then Denard's talents go to waste. As much as I love Denard he is never going to be an under center, pro style quarterback.

Couldnt have said it any better. I mean for one thing we all know Greg Robinson is fired after the season and honestly surprised he hasnt been canned already? As for Rich Rod is they get blown out by Ohio St. and there bowl game there might be a chance that he is gone...which i hope but as a die hard michigan fan i hope we get a coach who knows how to run a system that fits denards talents...yes jim harbaugh would be sweet but shoelace is the polar opposite of andrew luck....so he'd be gone....maybe les miles..lets be honest les is honestly the luckiest coach in america...urban sure isnt coming to ann abor he has it made at florida...chip kelly has built oregon to pac 10 king....the coaches that we would need have it made...or just dont fit shoelaces talents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back