Will HHH be missed?

ckoneagain

Pre-Show Stalwart
The fact is that when i think down the list of stars who have recently retired or are set to retire soon, HHH doesn't jump out as being a missable character i mean he's been there forever and when he's out like he is now, he's not missed, the show goes on, nothing is different. I understand what he's done for the company in the past and everything but right now, who can honestly say they would miss him being on television? I really don't think i would. So when he retires, will he really be missed?

He will..the thing is..we know he will return soon...and we're waiting to MTFO for it...When he retires..i guess people think he will remain in WWE i mean, who is going to take over after Vince? you immediately think HHH and Steph...

He will be missed in the ring, as for WWE he will remain there...

I think Triple H will be missed in some kind of way.

From a fan point of view I will definitely miss Triple H in the manner that I find him to be a great guy to go to for putting someone over (don't deny it, he can put someone over if he wants to).

Triple H has one of the best heel promos, or promo abilities in the business overall, and that's definitely something that I'll miss as well, he was great with Evolution, and is one of the corner stones of WWE, one of the biggest names in the business looking at accomplishments, impact or potential in the future.

Triple H won't be gone permanently, he'll make appearances from time to time, but I think he'll most likely assume a backstage role, or a Vince McMahon role, and that's actually how I would prefer to see it, Triple H is the kind of guy I think if put in the position of power, he could serve perfectly as the new Vince.

So yes if Triple H retires and stays off television, I'll say he's gonna be missed.

the thing with Triple H is is that it doesnt seem like he is gonna be gone......he ALWAYS comes back.....ALWAYS......and the fact that he is practically married to the business now we KNOW we are gonna see him sooner than later......with HBK we dont know if we are ever gonna see him again....we dont know.....theres a sense of temporariness with Triple H in that we KNOW he will be back.....theres a sense of permanency with HBK being gone in that we dont know if we will ever see him again in our lives......theres also a sense of sympathy because when someone retires or leaves we will miss them in some sort of way.....I dont really think anyone feels this for Triple H because he is married to Steph and he will always have special privileges.....he could retire tomorrow and I wont be upset....he's always been in the title hunt up until last year.....he can go for all I care.....I will miss him but not more than HBK

Of course I think HHH will be missed, you can always bank on the guy to step up when its time to put on a great match. He is past his peak now, I think he was best in the early 2000s, but he is still one of the best in the business, not to mention absolute perfection on the mic. Some rookies could learn alot from listening to The Game.

I always MTFO for his entrance, it is still awesome. Apart from HBK, there is noone I enjoy seeing in the ring more than HHH.

Well i miss him now but it would be awsome if he came back as a heel...But when he finally hangs it up...yeah ill miss him as much as i miss HBK..i mean i grew up when he was on top of his game..no pun intended....wrestling Austin Rock JEricho..with the DX army..when he tried to enter the dubya C dubya with a tank...TWo man power trip.. and of course Evolution and the orginal DX..i was there for all of that and loved every minute of it..so for nostalgic purposes..yeah ill miss him...think about it in the next five years the WWe will never be the same...all the guys i grew up watching during the atitdue era will be gone..HHH Taker, Kane,Big show,Jericho,Christiam,Matt hardy..Edge already said he has about two years left in him and Mysterio said hell retire after Manis 30 if not earlier..we know hes injury prone....MVP will Likely be gone,The list is endless of who will be gone...Itll be hard to Watch WWE without them and without HHH being in th ethe ring...

The fact is that when i think down the list of stars who have recently retired or are set to retire soon, HHH doesn't jump out as being a missable character i mean he's been there forever and when he's out like he is now, he's not missed, the show goes on, nothing is different. I understand what he's done for the company in the past and everything but right now, who can honestly say they would miss him being on television? I really don't think i would. So when he retires, will he really be missed?

I agree with you, he has been to watered down with the DX reunions and ultimately watered down as a face. 4 or 5 years ago when he was a heel it felt wierd to turn on Monday Night Raw without seeing Triple H, now Triple H is a shadow of his former self

hhh will always be around in some way but when hes not on tv his fans do miss him. if we diddnt then the entire population of wwe fans wouldnt have fuckin gone crazy when he came back after the quad tear. they also wouldnt have stood up and cheered when him and shawn finally got dx back together. anytime hes gone fans count the hours till he storms the ring again. if you say you wont miss him then id love to video your reaction when fuckin motorhead hits the speakers and hhh walks the ramp. because admit it or not he is a huge part of raw and i personally cant wait 4 him to come back and whoop that human jar of mayonaise.

I know I wont miss him at all. Hope the door hits him on the way out. I'm going to feel the same way I felt like when Batista left, "YAWN" When Triple H retires maybe someone who doesn't have any connections to management can take his spot and actually make people feel like they are making it big without using their power in the back. I just can't respect the dude no matter what he does, I try but he just bores me to death.

I'm sure he'll be missed when he eventually goes. It won't be for a while, he has still got a few years left. To me, he is a legend. He's stayed at the top of his game (no pun intended) for his entire WWE career, winning belts consistently. And when he is not winning titles, he's putting over new talent.

Currently, I watch Raw and I don't miss him. This is all down to the shear amount of main eventers on the show at the moment. It's also because I know that he will be back soon, and when he does return, it's going to be spectacular.

Whe he goes, i'm sure he won't be far away from WWE. He'll probably have a backstage role or maybe even a Vince McMahon style role. If he does choose to stay away from the industry like Shawn Michaels is doing then he will definitely be missed.

I dont think HHH will be missed, for the simple fact that he's never going to be gone. Even when HHH retires from the ring, he's still married into the WWE business, and he will *always* be around in one way or another. And just like Vince does, he'll find ways to get on tv and work himself into storylines.

Lol, i don't ever miss HHH, i'd personally be happy to never watch him wrestle or even hear his name mentioned ever again to be perfectly honest.

Everyone has a wrestler that they hate for no apparent reason. For most people on this website, it's the Undertaker. For me, it's HHH. After watching him in the spotlight for the majority of 2000 - 2004, only ever stepping out of it due to injury, i can honestly say i had my fill of Paul Levesque at least 6 years ago.

I wouldnt say Id miss him......more like notice his absence. There have been many wrestlers over the years that looked like they were going to break thru and become great, or angles that had major potential, only to fall at the feet of HHH. A few months ago, HHH cut a promo for WM that really does ring true to a certain extent. I'm paraphrasing here but....

"Only those who are meant for greatness beat me at WM."

Im reality, he didnt have to limit that to just one PPV. It really applies to all of them. Which.....quite frankly is boring. Knowing that unless the name is Randy Orton, of John Cena, that for the past 2 years, you werent going to beat HHH. And even if your one of those 2, he will hit you with a sledgehammer and pose over your limp body for your trouble. Hell, even Superman had kryptonite. There's no fun in that.

HHH retire would mean an end of an era........actually the end of an era thats already ended. Cena's on top of the world and HHH hasnt changed his shtick in years....so yeah. Id notice he is gone.......but miss him? Nah, Im ready for the next guy now.

I think we all miss the heel HHH from the past but if he retired today, the only thing I'd miss is his entrance

actually you're right, i think i'd miss his entrance, but thanks to youtube i don't have watch WWE to see it, i mean i've ready through most of the posts so far and most people that would miss him now can't give reasons other than what he has done, apart from a few who think he's the best on the mic and stuff but i don't think he's even that now. Even with HBK as DX their promo's were 'ok' at best most of the time, but you only have to look at 'Garcia-gate' and most of his more recent feud with Vince to see that it's cheap jokes and he isn't really with it anymore. He's like that uncle who still thinks he's the jokester he was back in high school, he just isn't.

As for intimidating, well unless you've ROK'd his wife or something he's really not all that when compared to other guys, i mean lets face it, he's no Stone Cold, Undertaker or even Kane for that matter. I dunno, i'm still not convinced he'd be really missed if he did leave TV for good, even though as most of you have correctly pointe out, he probably never will.

Triple H has been around the WWE for quite a long time. He's one of the industries' top performers, he's been at main event status for a while, and he is great at giving promos. To be honest, claiming if he'll be missed can go multiple ways. There's honestly no straight cut answer, because there's so many factors that can find its way into it.

The business will definitely miss his in-ring performances, just like they'll miss Shawn Michaels; but they'll replace him. Yes, he's one of their top men - but the thing is, unlike Shawn, Triple H is here to stay. With him being included into the McMahon family, he's bound to take up the business with Stephanie behind the scenes. So even if he ends up leaving our TV screens from actual wrestling, he's most likely going to end up being televised anyway because of those relationships (whether they make him a General Manager, or just behaving in a similar manner that Vince does now).

As for the fans, it's difficult. For some of us who have known him since WWF, I'd say that people would miss him, even if it's just out of nostalgia. Some, of course, are bound to say they wouldn't; but we know that if sometime down the line he was brought up in conversation, we'd remember him instantly. The impact he's made on the fans, whether you love him or hate him, is what will keep his legacy going. So in truth, I think he would be missed (he's a damn good heel, that ass).

But those of us who have only been introduced to him in his PG state of behavior might not be able to make the same statement. In fact, most of the characters I've been introduced to during the PG era slip my mind pretty quickly. It's hard to give people character when you're putting limits on what they can do behavior-wise. Triple H has become nothing short of a comedian (and a cheesy one, too) off the stage from what I've seen, and because of his injuries and age, he's naturally slowing down in the ring. He's not shot, but I just can't see how he'd make a huge impact on the crowd today as he did back then.

But, I'm open to being wrong, as I haven't really paid attention to wrestling for a long time after the Attitude Era faded.

TL;DR
Triple H will naturally be missed by the company and age-old fans, but that's how it is for everyone who's been there for a long time. Now you just have to wonder when he actually will decide to hang up the boots.

He would be missed, He can make superstars. Just look at what hes done with Sheamus. Sheamus is a MONSTER HEEL. All because he put HHH out. He made John Cena, Batista Randy Orton after fueds he had with all of them.

I don't know how people can't miss Triple H.. I think he is one of the companys best performers ever. He's always been a favorite of mine. Even in his heel days. I know I'll miss him.

the thing with Triple H is is that it doesnt seem like he is gonna be gone......he ALWAYS comes back.....ALWAYS......and the fact that he is practically married to the business now we KNOW we are gonna see him sooner than later......with HBK we dont know if we are ever gonna see him again....we dont know.....theres a sense of temporariness with Triple H in that we KNOW he will be back.....theres a sense of permanency with HBK being gone in that we dont know if we will ever see him again in our lives......theres also a sense of sympathy because when someone retires or leaves we will miss them in some sort of way.....I dont really think anyone feels this for Triple H because he is married to Steph and he will always have special privileges.....he could retire tomorrow and I wont be upset....he's always been in the title hunt up until last year.....he can go for all I care.....I will miss him but not more than HBK

I agree about HBK, I wish that he could have turned heel, not the serious I have to get the Undertaker heel, but maybe just a lighter version of the original DX heel. Shawns matches were all showstoppers, he could have carried the Giant Gonzales through a great match.

As far as Hunter goes, he will be missed, he has really taken it upon himself to get people over, showing that he has got over himself and accepted the fact that wrestling will exist after he is gone.

He still has huge drawing power and I can still see another title run or two in his future.

I really don't think so. There have been much bigger and better wrestlers that have left the WWE and they made it fine. I like HHH, but in wrestling, the way it works is when one leaves, another one is there to take his spot. You don't really notice wrestlers are gone until years down the road when their career is long over (for example, when Roddy Piper left the WWE, he was not missed, it wasn't till 7-8 years down the road after his last stint that people started to miss Piper, so when people start getting nostalgic they start missing these old guys, after the Nostalgia wears off (which don't take long) they're forgotten about again).

Austin, Rock, Hogan, HBK, Hart, Sammartino are all names in the WWE that are bigger than HHH's, none of these guys were overly missed so I really don't see HHH being the exception, doesn't matter who you are, when your career is over, you slowly but surely get forgotten about. Do people miss MJ in the NBA? No. Do people miss John Elway in the NFL? No. Will people miss HHH in the WWE? No.

I know where you're coming from. But even marks don't seem too bothered he's off TV for a while now. Of course he'll be missed in terms of a retiring legend angle in the future, but I don't think we'll be demanding a return within weeks/months of his retirement.

I think he'll be missed by many. Many fans hate on him for being married to Stephanie McMahon, and believe that's the only reason he's at where he's at in WWE. However I think most fans even his critics would admit he's a phenomenal wrestler.

He's been involved in many of the greatest matches and angles in WWE history. I think it's a good idea to keep him off TV for months at a time. It helps keep him fresh and the fans always pop huge when he returns. Back in '01 he was the most hated heel in WWE. Then when he returned in January '02 he got one of if not the biggest pops ever.

He would be missed, He can make superstars. Just look at what hes done with Sheamus. Sheamus is a MONSTER HEEL. All because he put HHH out. He made John Cena, Batista Randy Orton after fueds he had with all of them.

The bolded part is the only thing I really question. Sure, he pretty much made Sheamus, Batista, and Orton, but he had nothing to do with Cena. He was a star with or without the Wrestlemania win over HHH. I'm just glad HHH did the right thing.

I for one will miss Hunter when he calls it quits. The only time I ever have a problem with what he's doing is when he's in the title picture. I enjoy him much more in angles that help younger stars, i.e. I love his work with Sheamus.

I know everyone has a sour taste in their mouthes due the some of the political shit he used to pull back in the day, but you can't really argue that his backstage presence is starting to do a lot more good then bad. He helped bring Sheamus to the forefront, he tried to do the same with Mcintyre, despite how lame and usless he is.

I'm sure he'll find his way back into the WWE Championship hunt again, and for that I will be annoyed. But while he's still in these programs helping out these younger stars, I want him around.

I will miss HHH when he is gone. I havent read alot of the posts already posted but I feel most of the attitude era fans will also miss him.

He had some epic fueds with the likes of stonecold, the rock and mick foley. Along with having one of the best stables going.

Will most likely be a case of you dont know what you had till its gone. Hopefully he'll come back and win the title, because he deserves it just for his love of the business, reaction he gets from fans and ability to put anyone over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back