Did HHH retire?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
We just saw HHH promo and he never really answered the question about if he retired yes or no.

He thanked us for being the force that drove him to come back after every injury and keep going and the crowd gave him a great reaction and a final thank you chant. and all throught that promo people kept asking him not to retire

will this be it for HHH? will they give him a retirement storyline or will he just pop back when he is ready for his next match?

Discuss....

No. Triple H did not retire. He is playing his role in a storyline. HHH is sort of an iconic wrestler in WWE's history, thus making that an underwhelming retirement for such a man..

No, obviously. Do you think Lesnar actually "Quit WWE" too? It's an angle. It's going to lead to HHH getting his rematch against Lesnar (which is rumored to be at HIAC), and then even after that, he'll still probably work more matches when needed.

The fact is HHH/Stephanie are going to run the WWE in the future, so undoubtedly HHH is going to have a feud or two on-screen about his position in the future. ala VKM. So he's more than likely going to have a rematch with Lesnar, he's going to have a match at WM29.. so I doubt HHH will ever actually officially retire.

The point of this thread is not about if HHH actually retired, its where this angle is going.... since they left an ambiguous ending with Triple H not saying if he was retired or not do you think HHH will just come back like he always does for his next match or will they give him a retirement storyline

Why even pose the question when the dirt sheets have been reporting it the whole day? Expect a match between HHH and Lesnar at either Survivor Series or more likely HIAC. There you go, question answered.

If WWE were considered with making this real, they would of had all the wrestlers come out and thank him. Unfortunately, this is just another long-winded promo where a guy who lives the business showed a lack of passion and was just sent out there to do his job. Maybe he's saving the real retirement speech for when he retires, but I feel that the match between Lesnar and HHH is going to be counter-productive. Lesnar needs to absolutely piss on the wrestling business and beat HHH again... Good for business? Maybe... Maybe not... Maybe have Lesnar say he's going to enter the rumble and take the title because he wants to trash it, he wants to take the title back to Dana... Whatever but make it about respect. Have him "shoot" on HHH who knows at their next meeting but then have The Undertaker come back and avenge HHH and the WWE. That's the match people will want to see if it's built up correctly, unless they go with HHH avenging his loss to Lesnar and Undertaker comes back to fight him at WM in a retirement match.

I could see WWE going with the latter ensuring HHH another great payday and allowing the Undertaker streak to continue.

As for real retirement Im not sure I see HHH walking away from wrestling for good ever. I can easily see him being one of those that says this is it and then a year later gets that itch for another match. Rinse Repeat. Don't think he will go as far as having Ric Flair syndrome though. I honestly don't believe any wrestler when they say they have retired. Terry Funk proved that to me a long time ago.

If WWE were considered with making this real, they would of had all the wrestlers come out and thank him.

Yes, that's true. If Triple H was actually retiring, it would have been more of a Ric Flair-type affair than a man standing alone in the ring telling us we're the reason he accomplished all he did. Stephanie would have been there with her father, daughters and Senator McMahon.

Actually, the whole thing was played masterfully. Trips kept bouncing us back and forth, guessing whether he was calling it quits or not. It was purely intentional, obviously.

No, he hasn't had his last match. As has been the case in the past year, his fights will be few and far between. He'll "reluctantly" step up whenever there's a monster opponent that needs to be taken down, and he'll do it only after much soul-searching and an appropriate call to action from the fans (for whom he's doing all this, after all).

When it comes to Brock Lesnar, for instance, who could realistically oppose him? Who will the fans believe has a chance against him? C.M. Punk is a terrific performer, but can you see him in the ring being stared down by Brock? With Punk's body? C'mon.

Same with Shawn Michaels. Didn't he look like a 6th grader standing next to Brock? Do you want to see Brock fighting The Miz? How about Daniel Bryan? I'm not even sure Randy Orton would appear as a credible opponent for Brock, although they might put on a good match. No, WWE has to put someone in with Brock that looks as if he might bring it off.....and there are surprisingly few guys in WWE who could fill the role.

Triple H can. He's got the body size, physique, fierce reputation and star power to get in the ring against someone like Brock Lesnar......and there will be other guys in the future whom the company needs to find opponents for. After Cena has his battle against the tough guy, Triple H steps up. He's not going anywhere; he'll just keep doing what he's doing.....showing up once or twice a year and giving us a performance worth remembering.

TRIPLE H would NEVER retire on a Raw in Milwaukee, WI!!!!! come on guys, there is NO WAY H never wrestles again. WWE has no respect for their audience. Just more of the usual TERRIBLE story progression. Never thought I'd say this but, I wonder whats on Impact Thursday.

I can't believe people would actually believe that was real. HHH was probably so pissed that he got boo'd when he was giving his speech after the match with Lesnar that he wanted to do this just to get some sort of vindication.

His ego is too big to retire lawl. The only way he'd retire is if he had a career ending injury or having his final match at the top of the card of a WM. It's all a storyline.

I hardly think that was a masterful promo. A lot of stuff that HHH does comes off as phony and that interview was one of them. I don't blame him, he needs to accept that his wrestling career is over because he is in the office. There's really no reason for him to be out there fighting in main events other than it being a money grab or it's a building block to Lesnar eventually getting destroyed by The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Though Lesnar isn't in the WWE for the long haul, HHH's body isn't what it used to be and it seems like an odd way to promote or create a brand new star. I'm not saying that The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar would create a new star either, it's more for defending the business from Lesnar who pissed on everyone when he walked out on the WWE. That needs to be the story, the fact that Lesnar is here for the money and he needs to beat up a few more superstars before taking on The Undertaker. Maybe Lesnar calls out The Undertaker and HHH comes out and says that he tried but failed against Brock... Oh no... a hit to HHH's ego but for the good of the company maybe we see Brock Lesnar kill a couple of these stars in Goldberg-like fashion and then Lesnar talks some trash and bam we have Undertaker show up and build to that.

Maybe even get the footage of Undertaker/Lesnar from the UFC show and say that Undertaker wanted Lesnar back then but contracts prevented it from happening and now they are in the same company so let's get it on.

Brock vs. Undertaker could seem fresh and new to the audience, if built correctly. Though there's also a sneaking suspicion in my mind that we're headed to HHH defeating Brock Lesnar and saying he has nothing left to prove and Undertaker showing up and saying, "You still haven't proved me wrong." And HHH and Undertaker fight with HHH's career on the line going out in the same fashion as HBK.

HHH vs. Undertaker? Do the fans want to see the re-match? What would Brock Lesnar do on the show? Why give Brock the first win if they aren't building to something bigger? This staggered approach that they have with Brock doesn't seem like it's too exciting for fans to watch and without HHH mean/pissed off... What's going to make him want to come back?

The Call of The Dead Man?

Brock Lesnar disrespecting The World of World Wrestling Entertainment?

Maybe something happens to Stephanie McMahon and he has to defend her honor. A Sable vs. Steph match to promote "A Best of Stephanie McMahon" dvd j/k... but it could definitely work.

No, Triple H is definitely not done. He's got a couple more matches left, definitely. I think they would've made a much bigger deal of it if he was really retiring, and his last match is gonna be at a 'Mania or a SummerSlam or something of the sort.

First time with an idea for a come back but what if wwe could sign some ex mma guys to join with heyman and lesner and have them go around destroying wwe stars in a brutal fashion like nexus. Until HHH and a few of the other top stars have to come in and try and defend the company.

It would make sense as we all know he's going to be in charge so to have the man who "retired" him running the show with his group would be to much to take there could be running battles and even if the mma guys took over someone like stone cold could be brought in to help wwe. Lesner would not have to be there everyweek if his guys were doing his bidding also.

A problem that i could see however is to begin with it could make mma look tougher than the wwe.

When Triple H retires, it'll be a HUGE deal. Imagine HBK and Ric Flair multiplied times 2 or 3. As much as he's done for the WWE, his retirement would be a MUCH bigger deal than a simple good-bye to the fans. It's a storyline to build up Triple H vs Brock 2. I thought it was well done but then again I don't hate Triple H like a majority of the IWC seem to. I've always been a fan of Triple H whether he's a good guy, bad guy, COO. Besides that he'll never truly retire from wrestling because when Vince steps down(and rumor is that is very soon) Triple H will take over so he'll be in the business for a long time to come. I don't see Triple H retiring fully until one of his daughters are ready to take over. He might retire from in ring action at some point but it's been said that he has several big matches left in him just like Undertaker.

Triple H won't retire for a few years yet. Like everybody said this is just a angle he is working. At some point he will reappear and you will get Triple H vs Lesner 2. Even after this is still see him having a couple more feuds. we may even get Triple H vs C M Punk at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back