Will Drew McIntyre ever be a WWE world champion?

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
Drew McIntyre has grown a lot since his first WWE departure. He is now an imposing figure with tremendous upside. But what is his ceiling? WWE has a crowded roster with future world champions in waiting, including Braun Strowman, Elias, Shinsuke Nakamura, and stars who could reemerge such as Dolph Ziggler and Jinder Mahal. So where does that leave Drew McIntyre? Will he ever be a world title player, or will he be a perpetual midcarder when he joins the main roster?

They are crazy if Drew McIntyre doesn't become a huge player on the main roster. He's got it all, the look, the in ring ability, can talk a good promo, and the first Scottish born WWE Champion has a nice ring to it. He's been outstanding since returning even though he probably would have been better suited as a heel on NXT given his size towering over every one in NXT. It made for some awkward matches trying to root for him while he's getting beaten on by someone half his size.

I think he's a future world champ easily. There are some great programs that could be had between him, Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, etc. Just big old hoss fights. I'm praying WWE doesn't waste him, and it wouldn't put it past me that they would, but when Jinder Mahal recently became a world champion I think it's up for grabs now for practically anyone. Maybe I get lucky and they head to Scotland for a special.

Right now it all depends on him, if he can stay healthy or not and if he can stand out from the pack as well.

During his first run, Vince was really into him for awhile but something just didn't click and he got forgotten. Now he got more years behind him and learn so much from going back to scotland and doing all these indy shows (including TNA) that i feel he'S a more well rounded performer now so the sky is the limit for him.

Also it all depends what are the plans for him, if he was just hired back to be the face of NXT or if they have bigger plans for him. Personally, i feel that it would be a waste if they just use him in NXT because he can bring much more to the main roster then what he's bring to NXT but time will tell what they have plan for him.

I wouldn't be opposed to him winning the world title and maybe I'm biased being from the same country but he certainly has the potential, All depends on if the higher ups in the WWE like him or see something in him or not.

Dear God I hope not. McIntyre is as generic as it gets. Bland move set, jobber theme song and a -12 on the charisma charts. The only reason why he's over to some is because he's tall and foreign. If he was 5"10 Drew Miller from Arkansas nobody would give a damn about him. I know it sounds like I'm trolling but I'm being as genuine as a can. I do not understand how people see anything in this guy.

I've been watching Drew McIntyre for a long time and I'm one of those guys that was fully behind him during his "Chosen One" gimmick, despite people complaining about him being boring. Even when he was allocated to 3MB, I thought he brought entertainment value with what he was given. If anything, he's a solid wrestler that can really go when given the time. I was really bummed out when he was let go, but that to me was also a blessing in disguise, because he worked his ass off on the indies. He made titles into "world" titles wherever he went and I always thought that was awesome. He even won the Impact Championship. He has a good resume. He even made the NXT Championship a world-class type title before his injury. I guess I'm one of the few that sees something in him. With all of that being said, I'm not sure if he'll get the opportunity to become a World Champion on the main roster since the main roster is stacked and so many other guys are trying to get opportunities. I'm afraid he'll eventually be lost in the shuffle even after an initial hot run on the main roster. I think where he is right now on NXT is fine. He's having more success there than he ever has on the main roster. However, if there's even a tiny dust particle chance for him to compete for the World title on the main roster? I'd be most appeased.

Drew McIntyre and Bad News/Wade Barrett are really similar in their run. Big heels, good champions but NEVER a face turn. Drew did it outside, shined, and he is back, and was pushed really fast to the gold. I hope he gets the chance again, not being a jobber.

Drew is for sure going to win the WWE title at some point, if only because Vince made that assertion years ago and he can then say "I told you so..."

Drew is the guy who will be the first British WWE champ for sure, as close as Barrett came, as much as Regal could have been in 2008 or how Davey SHOULD have been at least once, Drew has the size, skill and with the right feud/title win in the UK could pop a huge gate.

Does his being a Scot matter? not really, he could win the title at Wembley or the O2 or in Glasgow or even Cardiff and it still be a big deal. Personally I think he should win it from Jinder... but a match with AJ, Roode, Nakamura or even Jeff Hardy would be great to build him.

His accent/mic work may still be the weak link but there are easy ways round it... make him a Heyman guy, or even bring Wade Barrett back as his manager... if Sheamus really is that near to being forced to retire, he would be a great manager for Drew or finally let Regal off the chain onto the main roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back