Will Daniel Bryan Return at Survivor Series?

wrestler36

Championship Contender
It's pretty obvious with Rollins gone, Cena and Orton gone, WWE is lacking some serious star power. Doctors have cleared Bryan to go for weeks, if not months and WWE has been hesitant to pull the trigger. Without a handful of marquee names, will WWE finally bring back Bryan for the Survivor Series tournament?

Hopefully not.. What they need to focus on is building more stars, they've tried to lately with Rollins and was successful with him in my opinion, but other than that they've had so much trouble creating big stars. They're giving it another shot with Roman Reigns, hopefully they end up being successful. They can't rely on John Cena and Randy Orton forever, those guys getting near the end of their careers.

Pushing a young guy to the title is actually what WWE needs to NOT do. The title needs to go to a top star who will draw money. WWE's failure to create new stars is because of their obsession with shooting every young guy straight to the top, which causes fans to lose interest in them as soon as the initial mega-push stops. A slow and steady build always results in superior, more marketable stars. With John Cena and Randy Orton both injured, and WWE not clearing Daniel Bryan, all three of their biggest draws are injured (part-timers like Brock Lesnar and The Rock don't count).

I think it's time for Triple H to dust off his tights and get back in the ring on a more full-time basis. Triple H is one of the stars capable of carrying the company, and one of the best heel champions of all time. If WWE was smart, Triple H would leave Survivor Series as WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

I don't see Daniel Bryan coming back anytime soon. Despite being cleared to wrestle, WWE is too hesitant to put him back in the ring because of how injury-prone he is. I don't think he'll be at Survivor Series, but I could be wrong.

When a World Champion goes down, the whole spectrum changes. The last thing they should do is the most expected thing, like putting the belt on Reigns. That's not how you get him over. They need to put the belt on someone surprising. For this reason, I think Bryan would be an awesome choice. Others would be Ziggler, Ambrose or if done well a Cody Rhodes. The whole deal needs to be shaken up.

I am crossing my fingers that Bryan returns to the Rumble and wins it. I mean WWE waited this long to clear him might as well have him return when it can make the most noise.

I don't think Bryan returning at the Survivor Series Tournament is the best place for him to return. Reasons being there's a chance he will not win the tournament so him having him lose (regardless of which round) and even if he wins the tournament seeing Bryan in 4 or 3 separate times a night before winning the title might exhaust the crowd. Also the fact Bryan is returning from injury and having him Wrestle multiple matches might not be a good idea.

i think they are reluctant to bring Brian back because they are worried it's going to over shadow the other top faces they are trying to build. We've seen it in the last few years where the fans resent the face WWE is trying to push. It might sabotage another one of Reign's push and we get another Yes movement.

I get that Brian is allegedly cleared to wrestle and the roster is thin but I get there reasoning for not rushing his return. I don't think we'll see Brian back until after The Rumble.

I know this is a Non Spam topic, but I don't have much to say other than I think that because of WWE continually refusing to clear him...

Daniel Bryan will never return to in ring competing at least in WWE

I don't think Bryan returning at the Survivor Series Tournament is the best place for him to return. Reasons being there's a chance he will not win the tournament so him having him lose (regardless of which round) and even if he wins the tournament seeing Bryan in 4 or 3 separate times a night before winning the title might exhaust the crowd. Also the fact Bryan is returning from injury and having him Wrestle multiple matches might not be a good idea.
Yeah, I hear you. In my fantasy booking, I'd love to see Bryan stumble into the final (like he did at WM 30) against Reigns and the Authority ends up helping Reigns. It would be nuclear heat for Reigns and would without a doubt be the top heel

It's pretty obvious with Rollins gone, Cena and Orton gone, WWE is lacking some serious star power. Doctors have cleared Bryan to go for weeks, if not months and WWE has been hesitant to pull the trigger. Without a handful of marquee names, will WWE finally bring back Bryan for the Survivor Series tournament?

I doubt it. It would sabotage Reigns' push to be top face again. Sadly, the only scenario that makes since in a Bryan return is if he returned and faced Owens for the IC title.

I doubt it. It would sabotage Reigns' push to be top face again. Sadly, the only scenario that makes since in a Bryan return is if he returned and faced Owens for the IC title.

I dunno I always felt that for most top faces to really get over as a face they need to have a good run as a singles heel. Reigns is a project by the WWE but we can tell he still has ways to go before being the top face. Austin, Rock, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, and John Cena all had singles run as heel before turning face and I think it helps a lot since it's easier to get over as a heel than a baby face.

Reigns can turn heel first improve himself and translate what he learned as a heel into a babyface.

I kind of think if WWE really wants Reigns to get totally over in the main event in the near future they are going to have to either turn Reigns heel or keep Reigns face then feud with Cena, who will turn heel or at least a tweener on the verge of a heel turn.

Just my two cents... why not give the title to some transtional champion just to have Sheamus make use of the MITB (and get this over with...) and then have Reigns get the title somewhere down the road?

I would love to see 2 people who've never been champion before reach the finals, put on a hell of a match, and make a super emotional rollercoaster, which leads to them giving everything, make them both Faces, maybe Dean vs Reigns..... Then Sheamus Cashes in and pins both of them, setting him up as having a legitimately good heel run for a couple months with both shield members facing him, until he drops it. The MITB is just a good insurance policy to setup a couple month reign after all. Fans would jump to complain about it, meaning they're watching and interested.

WWE's viewers have been dropping down lately. So it certainly isn't a great time to build up a new star. They should bring back someone either the fans love too much or hates too much. Either of that is beneficial in one way or another. Bringing back Bryan and makes him win the title will push the ratings up and fans would never complain for him winning the title.

You see, even when we have mixed views in this thread, once Daniel Bryan wins the title, we'll be glad about that. Such an impact he had made.

Cheers!!

Maybe at Survivor Series he teams with Kane and Undertaker to take on The Wyatt Family. It won't be unusual either cause these three men have teamed before back in 2013 when they faced The Shield. I can see it playing out that Undertaker and Kane telling The Wyatt Family that they have partners, but will play mind games to keep Wyatt guessing on who it could be. They can bring him out as one of their partners at the show for a huge pop and the 4th partner could be maybe Sting or someone like Ceasro.

Of course, we can't make an educated guess as to what's keeping Daniel Bryan out of the ring because there are factors involved other than the performer's own wishes. One poster in this forum says the WWE medical staff has cleared Daniel, while others say they haven't. Who really knows?

There is an interesting parallel to Rey Mysterio in all this. For all the time this guy was on the sidelines, do we really know the cause of it? I used to think it was Rey himself, refusing to come back until he was completely healthy .....and even then, maybe staying out longer.... because he could. Yet, after he was finally released from his WWE contract, he goes to another promotion and starts wrestling again. If any indication is provided by Rey's experience, WWE is playing it cautiously, either because they genuinely care about the performer......or because they're worried about the public relations aspect of letting a person go in the ring who shouldn't have been there and watching them get permanently hurt.

All this also applies to Daniel, making it virtually impossible to determine when, and if, he'll return. It could very well be WWE would grant him his release if he wants it, allowing him to wrestle somewhere else....yet he likes the WWE paycheck he receives for occasionally appearing on camera and getting the crowd all excited ('Yes!')

I'm hoping that he does return at SS, only to come out in street clothes, and tell the fans he can't wrestle that night, and then go to the back and disappear until Fastlane, when he does the same thing again.

How does anybody really think Vince is going to give the belt to a guy who has been out with a neck injury for basically the last two years? His last two title runs ended as soon as they started because of his injury I believe IF and that's a big if, he was ever be cleared to compete against he would have to show he can stay healthy for longer than 3 months before he got any run with a title let alone the biggest title in the company

That's kinda the point some people are bringing up.. The ratings are in the toilet right now, it's time for them to try something different. It's not like they need to worry too much about the ratings, they're still the highest rated show on USA and they have no competition to worry about right now.. Try new things, see what works.

He will not return at Survivor Series for sure but i would want him to return...... He is cleared and should return for us & WWE itself but not on the expense of his health.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back