• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumor: Possible Traditional Survivor Series Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that WWE is considering putting together a traditional Survivor Series match for the Survivor Series ppv. Not surprising, of course, as there's usually at least one of those matches that takes place.

An idea, allegedly, that's being tossed around would pit Randy Orton, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Kane and the blue Sin Cara vs. Christian, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brodus Clay and the dark Sin Cara.

I think it's feesible as it'll tie in a few feuds that are currently running right now. It does present a few problems as Kane hasn't made his return yet and Brodus Clay hasn't appeared on WWE television in months either. If this does go down, it'd be a good opportunity for some young guys on the roster to get a rub that are in need of one, like Daniel Bryan at this point in time.

Having those feuds being featured in this type of match does indeed make sense.

Would be good to see Bryan coming out of this match with something maybe a duel survivor or just losing out after being the last face and unable to completely finish off say two members of the other team. But this being WWE and being about Bryan I don't see this happening, I would probably have the most confidence in seeing them have Sheamus look strong after this one.

that brodus clay hasn't made his return full time on tv isn't really a problem imo, because as tyler reks got the spot of kaval last year, if they want to go trough with it they can, also the vignetes of brodus help his cause to return as a monster taking out one of the face team...

i think it would be a good idea cause as you wrote there are people involved that doesn't have a feud or angle on tv right now and could be a chance for them to shine, like both sin caras, the feud if it isn't already over it's flat dissapointing, so to give the creative team some time to breath and think of something to do with a few of these stars, it can be a pretty decent idea...

I would like to see at least one Survivor Series match, although, I dont really want to see Sin Cara face each other again...kinda dull in my opinion

If I was WWE, i would do the match this way: Orton/Sheamus/Mason Ryan/Bryan/Morrison vs. Cody/Christian/Dolph/Swagger/Barrett

I wouldnt put Kane in a match, I would have him come out in the inevitable Henry/Show match

There are actually two rumored possibilities.

Most likely
Sheamus, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Kane and Sin Cara Azul
vs.
Christian, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brodus Clay and Sin Cara Negro

Least likely
David Otunga, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
vs.
Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Mason Ryan, Zack Ryder and one other

Personally I would rather see a combination of both options for a few reasons.

One, Wade Barrett, Brodus Clay and Sin Cara Negro shouldn’t be in this match. David Otunga, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler fit better with Christian and Cody Rhodes as far as Vickie goes.

Two, Kane hasn’t been on TV yet, as Jack-Hammer mentioned, Sin Cara Azul should just face Sin Cara Negro in a Best of 7 series, and Daniel Bryan should just start being the Special Guest referee for all the World Title matches from here to WM. HAHA!! I’d replace those 3 with Zack Ryder and Air Boom.

So my version of this match would be:

Randy Orton, Sheamus, Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston, and Evan Bourne w/ Mason Ryan
vs.
Cody Rhodes, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, and David Otunga w/ Vickie Guerrero.

After thinking about it further, I realized maybe Vince will have one for Raw and one for Shakedown, considering the current rumored possibility is an all Smackdown match. If that’s in fact the case, then I guess my version of these matches would be like this:

Smackdown
Sheamus, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Kane and Sin Cara Azul
vs.
Christian, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brodus Clay and Sin Cara Negro w/ Vickie Guerrero

Raw
Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, David Otunga, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks w/ Vickie Guerrero
vs.
Zack Ryder, Mason Ryan, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, and Evan Bourne

I agree with nbrew2119, the 5 on 5 tradition tag match should defo happen but with decent build up. And it would have to have superstars that the crowd actually care about. I see it being Orton, Sheamusand 3 other guys vs a heel faction heading to survivor series.

Guys if these past few weeks have been building then they already showed us the team

Ziggler/Swagger/Rhodes/Christian

vs

Air Boom/Orton/Sheamus

I know these takes a lot of eggs and puts them all in one omlette, but it seems like the right conclusion without ruining future plans

Rhodes will pin Orton to take him out, thus making Rhodes look stronger since he lost the one on one.

Sheamus will take out at least two guys to continue his push.

The only thing that really puts a hitch in this is Mason Ryan and Zack Ryder, I'm not sure whats going to happen with them. Same with Dos Caras, pun intended...kinda. They are also re-pushing Barrett, it appears. Also, doesn't Bryan still have MITB; wtf, did he die or something?

We know the main event Rock/Cena vs Awesome Truth

We know both title matches...I think. Punk/Del Taco; Henry/Show in some fashion.

We know Nash and Triple H will be at eachother in some way shape or form, with the attacks it seems Nash can't do a whole match, so maybe just a fight.

So, if they wanna make the Survivor Series match a quality match while still give it a good amount of time, my idea is probably the most logical. Who knows, maybe it will be a 5 on 5 and we can bring in Otunga and Ryan; bring some robotics to the table.

I really like that 5-on-5 match, but the problem is Kane and Brodus aren't even on SD and been on TV, and I would also remove the Sin Cara's and replace them with Air Boom on Orton's team and Ziggler/Swagger on Rhodes' team.

or, if that match happens and since it's an all SD 5 on 5, I'm sure WWE will book a RAW one as well.

this would be my card for Survivor Series:

The Rock & John Cena vs. The Miz & R-Truth

WWE Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship: Mark Henry vs. Big Show

New York City Street Fight: Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
(the reason for this is cause they can't really wrestle a good match, so make it a street fight since they wouldn't be limited, like a wrestling match would make)

SD Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match:
Randy Orton, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara (azul) & Kane
vs.
Cody Rhodes, Christian, Wade Barrett, Sin Cara (negro) & Brodus Clay

RAW Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match:
Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Mason Ryan, Zack Ryder & John Morrison
vs.
Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks
(I would've put Otunga, but I'll rather have McIntyre instead)

Fatal 4-Way Match for the Divas Championship:
Beth Phoenix vs. Natalya vs. Eve vs. Kelly Kelly
(they are the only ones being on TV, so why not throw them in this match)

that would be a pretty good card IMO...thoughts?

I would love for their to be three elimination tag matches, but I think it would a lot if there is going to be two title matches and the Nash/HHH match. I would move move Punk and Del Rio into an elimination match and have them get DQ'ed or counted out. This would allow Del Rio to hold on to the title for another PPV, and then he can drop it to Punk at TLC. I would also move Nash and HHH into an elimination tag match as well, because the Cena/Rock teamup is going to overshadow everything else. Here's a card I'd like to see.

Smackdown Elimination Tag

Orton, Sheamus, D Bryan, Justin Gabriel/Ted Dibiase, Sin Cara Azul
vs.
Christian, Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brodus Clay, Sin Cara Negro

Divas Elimination Tag

Eve, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, Tamina, AJ/Kaitlyn
vs.
Beth, Natalya, Maryse (return), Bellas

World Heavyweight Championship (No DQ)

Mark Henry vs. Big Show (Kane returns and screws Big Show over, turning heel again)

Raw Elimination Tag

Cena, Rock, HHH, Punk, Ryder
vs.
Miz, Truth, Nash, Del Rio, Brodus Clay

It'll never happen, but I'd like to see three elimination tag. Still, I'll be happy with one as long as it's a 30 minute match, minimum. Nonetheless, this Survivor Series is shaping up to be pretty solid. It certainly couldn't get any worse that last year's.

An idea, allegedly, that's being tossed around would pit Randy Orton, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Kane and the blue Sin Cara vs. Christian, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brodus Clay and the dark Sin Cara.

I think this would be a really good match because a lot of these guys will need something to do and it always helps to get to be a part of the traditional Survivor Series matches. Other than Kane and Brodus these are all various feuds that come together as teams for the match. Perhaps Kane and Brodus will just be thrown in due to their size, or a feud may start between them to add to the build up of the match? I see the face team winning this. It will be great for everyone involved. Looking forward to watching it on PPV if it happens!

Why would Kane screw over Big Show when Mark Henry is the one who put Kane on the shelf to begin with?

Because of the same reason as to why he teamed with Big Show in the first place... Henry is a monster. Kane has a monstrous side that loves seeing people be destroyed and beg for their mercy. Recently, Henry has shown that same passion. I'm pretty sure that Kane would be willing to over look his previous injury just so he could team with Henry.

Of course, they could also go the Austin/Taker/Bret Hart route and have Kane cost Big Show for the simple fact that Kane himself wants to take Henry out, thus resulting in a three way feud with Kane being the tweener, Henry the heel, and Show the face.

---

Anyway, I'm not sure who would be in this survivor series match... but honestly if this is going to be the last one they ever do, I don't see why they don't just go all out and do an 8-on-8 Survivor Series match. It would be a really nice way to fill up the card without having many matches.

The match could be:

Team Orton: Randy Orton, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Mason Ryan, Daniel Bryan, Zack Ryder, and Sin Cara

vs.

Team Rhodes: Cody Rhodes, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Brodus Clay, and Hunico

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to work Brodus Clay into the match for all they'd have to do is say they have a mystery partner. Then again, I doubt WWE would want to outshine Cena vs. Rock or HHH vs. Nash or even Punk vs. Del Rio... nor would they not want to have such a historical match like this and NOT have either of the cash cows (Cena or Punk) in the match.

Don't necessarily like this idea as a Kane fan because it significantly diminishes his return which should be something that is given a little time in the spotlight given the Big Shows recent return and the fact that Kane has been out longer as I am sure he would likely be the first one eliminated just to put Broadus Clay over

As far as I'm concerned WWE is stupid in advance because I know they wont do this, but they should

If they kept Rock & Cena as the main event, pile the two World title bouts on top of that, have a throwback SS 4 on 4 Divas bout, and a 5 on 5 Team Orton vs Team Rhodes, then there's one final 5 on 5 they should do while they can still keep the Orton/Rhodes one...

After looking at Smackdown! it's too sweet NOT to capitalize off all the hype around the history of Shawn and Bret's feud, the WWE Greatest Rivalries DVD's first of many in the series, and it's all for Survivor Series.

Team Bryan vs Team Kidd

It doesnt matter if Kidd is a regular on screen midcarder or not, this could be his chance to be a constant character on TV. But you cant just have the two fight, you want to make SS even bigger then you put Bret in the CORNER of Team Kidd and Shawn in the CORNER of Team Bryan

They can have a friendly competition between them personally through their trainee descendents lol

Why not?

It doesnt have to be vicious between Bret and Shawn, I think they could even maybe tell Daniel and Tyson at the end of it, at SS, it was a fun feud for old times and them being taken back to their bouts, but that there's no reason to do what they did and get as heated as they did, or something, it could end with a handshake between Bryan and Kidd and mutual respect as Shawn and Bret clap for both of their performances

Maybe it could be a 1 on 1 thing, but Bryan/Kidd @ SS is a must to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back