• Asteroids

• Space Invaders

• Pong

• Pitfall

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
So what will be the pick for the old school wild card pick?

asteroids.jpg

Game; Asteroids
Released; 1979
Type; shooter
Platform; Arcade
Published by; Atari

SpaceInvaders-Gameplay.gif

Game; Space Invaders
Released; 1978
Type; shooter
Platform; Arcade
Published by; Midway

pong460x276.jpg

Game; Pong
Released; 1972
Type; Sports
Platform; Arcade
Published by; Atari

Coleco_Pitfall.png

Game; Pitfall
Released; 1982
Type; Platform
Platform; Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Intellivision, Sega SG-1000
Published by; ActiVision

Polls close on Sunday...Remember, no spam!​

Space Invaders! Great game, that is. I remember being blown away seeing my dad playing it when I was a little dude, and seeing him blast a hole through one of the barriers to shoot at the aliens. I was so easily impressed back then, lulz.

Every other game on the poll is easily argued for. I picked Space Invaders because I can still have fun with it today. This is literally the epitome of a popularity contest. Sorta like The Rock vs. Bret Hart tournament match.

Hmmmm anything before 1985 I am going to struggle with. I wasn't born when these four were released and my family rarely played games apart from Dizzy from that Era. I'm only going on popularity to make a decision here so I'm going to choose Space Invaders simply because I know it more than the others.

Gotta say Space Invaders. Pong was revolutionary and the first video game and all that but it's boring and pointless. Asteroids is fun but I can't really get into it. I've never played Pit Fall. Space Invaders, on the other hand, can still be played today. Out of these three I know it's the only one that would have any value to me and talking to my mother apparently this is all she played when she was younger. Definitely Space Invaders.

I've actually playe dPong on the original machine, but in all honesty it's quite shit. Space Invaders is the nly one of these games that I have ever found myself wanting to play, so I shall go with it. That being said, I feel sorry for Asteroids for some reason, but Space Invaders is the choice I'll make.

I went with Pong. Pong was fun as hell to play with another person; I don't care what anyone says. Asteroids and Space Invaders, on the other hand, always bored the living hell out of me. And I never played Pitfall I don't think. So, Pong FTW.

While I love me some Pong, I went with Space Invaders. Such a classic, I wasted many hours playing a beat up old Space Invaders game at the bowling alley when I was a kid. Even then, with things like Sega and SNES taking off, I was still entertained by Space Invaders day in and day out.

Completely random sidenote...is the Terminator game in this tournament? Because that was such a great Arcade game, always one of the most popular at the local arcade. The port's were pretty good too.

I picked Space Invaders. In my opinion, it was the most fun out of all those games, and I think the only one you can still have fun playing today.

Ill still play space invaders whenever I see a machine and it never seems to get old to me so thats what I picked

Space Invaders all the way, I just feel that it has the better lasting appeal and you can always still turn to this bad boy any time. Better appeal, feels fresh every time

It has to be Asteroids, doesn't it ??

For those of us who are old enough to remember when arcades were popular (big buildings full of huge video game machines)... Asteroids was a cult followed game.

It was on par with titles like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and for the younger generation, Mortal Kombat.

Asteroids should make the cut simply for each and every one of us who pumped a big metal box full of quarters.

Pitfall was the shit man, it shocks me so few folks are voting for it. It was at its time, the apex. I mean sure all those other games are simple fun, but they are simple. Pitfall was such a deeper game. Love that shit, still play it every now and again.

I love me some Asteroids, Considering I have a huge score in it on this site that is not counted for some bizzare reason I should love it. It has infinite playability, it has what games shouldhave and that is gameplay down to its best form. And it is addicting.

I completely forgot what I picked. I think it was Space Invaders, could've been Pong though.

Space Invaders reminds me of Galaga, I think. And I could've stop playing that game. On the flip side, Pong was revolutionary - but when you break it down - it's two sticks and a cube ball. :wtf: Whoever made profit off this is a cheap bastard who took the very basic, simplest designs and said "Look Kids, it's fucking fun, go get your Parents to buy it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back