Why was WM 25 the worst WM ever ?

tna_fan_man

Dark Match Jobber
Well I've wanted to ask this for a while now & I am aware some others think that there were other WM's that were bad. So here is what I can remember off the top of my head from WM 25.

1.) A 25 sec IC title match & very bad farewell to JBL.
2.) A dark match for the unified tag titles.
3.) ECW title was not even mentioned.
4.) Jericho beating up old farts, good for Jericho can beat up old people
5.) Hardy vs Hardy what was the point of this a couple of weeks later they made up
6.) and lastly I know this is neat picking, it wasn't the 25Th anniversary it was the 24Th anniversary why because WM 2 was the 1 year anniversary of WM.

(john cena winning the world title, well big surprise there cena winning a world title again)

Not to mention the loss of money of you google it, WM 24 made more money.
This hardly a black eye for WWE & WM but Personally I have to say this was the worst WM ever.

the one silver lining was Taker vs HBK it was a decent match so good there's now a rematch. I've even read that if taker loose's fans will riot.

so to sum this up why was this such a bad PPV ?

I rented the PPV and I have to say that I was pleased with the OVERALL show. Personaly I was happy with the way TJBL went out. Yes, he was part of the A.P.A and I LOVED the APA but obviously he is fine without WWE so it probly didn't matter to JBL.
The Hardy v. Hardy match was ok, and Jericho beat up every1 of the HOF'ers up because it was story line @ the time.
We could have done without the big Rourke segment, the HOF beatdown, and the LONG kid rock set but beside that, it was a great PPV in which 'Taker and HBK had their classic match that HIGHLIGHTED the night.
Really looking foward to this year as WWE has has a decent build to this years WM.
So I have to disagree with you, this was a great PPV buy and I was happy with the overall PPV.

Well I've wanted to ask this for a while now & I am aware some others think that there were other WM's that were bad. So here is what I can remember off the top of my head from WM 25.

It was a little short yes, and a better farewell for JBL would've definatly been in line, but JBL promished us a history making match, and it certainly made history.

Honestly, I didn't mind the title not being mentioned, I still liked Wrestlemania 25 with or without it.
Besides, it's not like it was defended at every other PPV.

Legends please.
Besides, I liked this match, it made Jericho come off as a strong heel who didn't just rant on about how he was better than the legends, for once he actually got to put something behind his words.

5.) Hardy vs Hardy what was the point of this a couple of weeks later they made up

Also a good match, surprised me that Jeff didn't win it.
Besides that feud had been going on for quite a while with a great background story.
So there's your point.

6.) and lastly I know this is neat picking, it wasn't the 25Th anniversary it was the 24Th anniversary why because WM 2 was the 1 year anniversary of WM.

It was the 25th anniversary because there have been 25 Wrestlemania's.
Come on, you don't celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary after 26 years of marriage.

(john cena winning the world title, well big surprise there cena winning a world title again)

Again, didn't mind it really, John Cena draws, as much as I don't like the character and the fact that he could perhaps learn a few more moves, I actually didn't mind the match, the Attitude Adjustment was awesome, and it set up for a great feud between Edge and Cena, culminating in an awesome Last Man Standing match.

Just because Wrestlemania 24 made more money doesn't mean WWE lost money producing Wrestlemania 25, we can't say so much because we don't know the budget of setting up Wrestlemania 25.
Besides, if Wrestlemania 25 was a loss of money, it wasn't exactly anything of a huge loss, I mean we're not gonna see WWE go out of business cause one Wrestlemania didn't come out on the positive side of the budget.

It wasn't, the only thing that could've been better was perhaps the missing Unification match and a longer Intercontinential championship match, anyelse I actually liked the ppv.

Are you the same guy who asked why Wrestlemania 23 was so good the other day? I spent a long time stating my opinion on how that post was completely wrong and I have to say I'm about to do the same again.

You might have done better asking "Was WM 25 one of the worst ever?" rather than asking why it categorically was the absolute worst there's ever been, because while I don't think it was a fantastic Wrestlemania I've seen several that were worse.

Jericho beating up old farts? I think you'll find we were treated to a wonderful performance from Ricky Steamboat that led to a one on one rematch between the two and briefly reignited his career.

JBL being retired was a good thing in my book. I found him funny but never had interest in seeing him wrestle so getting rid of him in less than a minute was a good thing for me.

Who was the ECW champion at Wrestlemania? Swagger? Christian? If the latter, he was in MITB so I think we can excuse it, he put on a good performance in my opinion and we've seen IC, US and Tag champions not defend their gold because they've entered Money in the Bank.

The tag match should have been on the show instead of the divas match, but hey, some of the ladies were nice to look at.

I personally enjoyed Hardy vs Hardy. I felt they put on an entertaining and fairly extreme match. The fact they made up for no apparent reason several MONTHS (not 2 weeks) later doesn't make their Wrestlemania match any worse, the match is still the same match, it just makes their writing skills questionable.

Yes, it wasn't the actual 25th anniversary but the average WWE viewer is too stupid to realise that, it didn't really detract from the quality of the show did it?

Cena retained his title against Triple H and Shawn Michaels in back to back Wrestlemanias but him winning against Edge and Big Show is a problem? Really?

We also got one of the best matches that has ever taken place in Taker/HBK.

To be honest my only gripe besides the tag title match not taking place on the main show was the main event ending the way it did. They should have let them have a wild brawl with weapons and run-ins by Legacy and the McMahons. The match was pretty unremarkable for a Wrestlemania Main Event. I attended Raw live in the UK a few weeks later and they had a No DQ match between these two and it was far more entertaining. Not because I'm out for blood or anything, because neither bladed, but because this program was booked to communicate an extreme level of hate between the two and I think it suited it more for them to tear each other apart. The most exciting thing was both hitting their finishers in the first minute.

Also letting the two get their hands on each other on the final Raw before Mania was a mistake. They hadn't touched since Randy punted Vince and then won the Rumble. Randy destroyed HHH's family, DDT'd Steph and planted a kiss on her and did absolutely everything he could to make Triple H go insane. Then Team HHH got their hands on Legacy, Vince and Shane beat down Ted and Cody and Triple H ends Raw by spearing Randy and drilling him with punches. In terms of storyline believability, why didn't Triple H literally murder Randy right there and then with nothing on the line? It took the steam out of things for me, but I might be wrong.

Overall I think it was a good Wrestlemania and in terms of start to finish I preferred it to 21, 22 and 23, and that's before I delve into the early years of Mania where there was some pretty suspect stuff if we're all honest with each other.

This wasn't really that terrible of a show. It's not great or anything, but there are far worse shows such as 11 or 9. This was on the weaker side but the main thing is just the execution of it. The Kid Rock thing and the ending of it just sucked the life out of the show. The MITB, Shawn/Taker and the triple threat were all good. The lack of the tag titles was just idiotic as was the concert/medley, but the show was at least passable. I'd say this was a misfire more than a failure.

I would have to agree with you on this. To me the reasons this was the worst WM ever are....
1. Tag Team Title match was the dark match. this was history being made by unifying the titles and its not even shown on TV.
2. "Santina" won the Miss WrestleMania battle royal, need i say more?
3. The Intercontinental Title match was way too short
4. They wasted a good program for Jericho by facing the legends. Nothing against the legends but who wants to see old guys who cant wrestle taking up time at WM.
5. John Cena winning a world title again....yawn...this was just another Edge/Cena fued with Big Show thorwn in there to make us think otherwise.
6. Randy Orton should have gone over HHH and won the title. I dont just say that cuz i wanted Orton to win but because it was the perfect time and it would have made him more over as the top heel if he cheated to win. Also, when they went to Backlash, Triple H kept wanting his "revenge" on Orton, wait a minute, he got it at Mania, so that didnt make any sense either.
Only good things were Matt vs. Jeff, Taker vs Shawn and the Ladder Match

Worst Wrestlemania ever? You must not be familiar with the older Wrestlemanias because everyone knows the worst one ever was Wrestlemania IX!! First of all, the toga party? That was bad enough. Top that with Doink vs Crush, Undertaker vs Giant Gonzales, and the horrible world title match. Even Money Inc vs the megamaniacs (Hogan and Beefcake) was bad! Next in line would be Wrestlemania XI. Wrestlemania XXV is down on the list, and most likely nothing will be worse than Wrestlemania IX ever!!

It wasn't as terrible as most people would have you believe. It actually would've been thought of pretty highly if the main event had delivered, which it didn't. Obviously Orton should've went over there, just as HHH should've won at WM 24. But, they couldn't have HHH losing for the 50th time in a row, so he gets the win. The match itself wasn't that horrible, but certainly wasn't a match that was main event of Wrestlemania quality.

Obviously you have the other stuff like Kid Rock having a concert during the middle of the show and the horrendous Diva's segment, but nothing else was too terrible.

The whole thing about the HHH/Orton match was that it had HUGE expectations. We all wanted to see Orton and The Game beat the living hell out of each other, and to a certain extent, they did, but the quality of the match wasn't Wrestlemania main event worthy. I STILL don't know why WWE just didn't make this a no DQ match. The fans would've enjoyed that a lot more, and that's what everyone wanted to see. Besides, I watched this match again for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it really wasn't as horrible as some people make it out to be. Again, it just wasn't Wrestlemania main event worthy quality wise.

Now the Divas battle royal was absolutely fucking horrible. Everything from the entrance with Kid Rock to the match it self was just plain bad, and then to top it all off, you have Santino win the whole thing?

Taker VS HBK was of course the shining light of this PPV. This was an awesome match, and it featured two of WWE's most decorated legends squaring off at the big show, so of course it will be remembered.

This really wasn't that bad of a ppv, and I wouldn't call it the worst ever. It's not great or all that good, but certainly not the worst ever. I really liked the Hardy VS Hardy match, and I don't see what the big problem is with Cena winning the title? The triple threat match was also pretty good.

Worst Wrestlemania ever? You must not be familiar with the older Wrestlemanias because everyone knows the worst one ever was Wrestlemania IX!! First of all, the toga party? That was bad enough. Top that with Doink vs Crush, Undertaker vs Giant Gonzales, and the horrible world title match. Even Money Inc vs the megamaniacs (Hogan and Beefcake) was bad! Next in line would be Wrestlemania XI. Wrestlemania XXV is down on the list, and most likely nothing will be worse than Wrestlemania IX ever!!

Wrestlemania 9 wasn't bad. I;d rather see a toga party entrance with Bobby the Brain riding on what a camel backwards that the crap Kid Rock was singing. Doink vs Crush was better then most any match on the WM25 card, outside of maybe 4 matches. The tag match well, at least WM9 had a tag match. The title match, well at least the right person won...If it only lasted for a few minutes. Hogan winning again was pretty awesome while watching live because it was a huge shock, where as what HHH winning again boy that was great....

WM25 is the worst for me because of Kid Rock, Santina, no tag match, garbage diva battle royal that didn't live up to its own hype, wait Sunny was in that match? Really where? Cause she was never on camera. Who cares though, the event stunk, I was pissed afterwords that I had spent $60 in standard def to watch the crap, I wanted my money back lol.

dude i dont know why no one is agreeing you.. i guess it takes more of a john cena-pg era lover to give a non biased opinion!:)

Seriously though 25 was pretty much terrible..
I would first off like to say why in the hell are you going to put the unification match of the tag titles off the ppv??? Miz and Morrison needed this in my opionion... you could have jump started the miz's career(EARLIER)

mark henry in a MITB ladder match..
really ..... REALLY... -thanks miz

Jericho belittling a bunch of people in the ring.(he does that at least once a week) and it was a handicap match... wow...

Only highlight of the night was the hhh and orton match- which even that has happened like 3 or 4 times before......

NOTHING was fresh about this wrestlemania except jeff and matt fighting which yes was pointless and hbk vs taker... pretty solid match

so overall i think your completely right was completely bogus...

Wrestlemania 21, my first wrestlmania, in my mind will be one of the top WM of all time!

What??!! I thought Wrestlemania 25 was great!! Rey won in 25 secs because of all the shit he had being talking about Rey and how he was the greatest wrestler from Texas and when he lost in 25 seconds he snapped and quit, if the match had being 17 minutes or so he wouldnt of being as frustrated and wouldnt of quit. As for Jericho beating the legends I must agree for all but ricky steamboat he was a legend that night and the reason they had that match was for some nostalgia at the 25th anniversary, and really, really the hardys made up a few weeks later!! So you obviously forget Matts dreadful heel run on RAW for like 10 months before making up with his brother. Also I didnt mind the main events.

anniversary an actual event are different, think about it. let's say you get married right ? do you celebrate your 1 year anniversary on the day you get married ? NO

you celebrate a one year anniversary a year from the day of, WM 25 is technically the 24Th anniversary. But as I've said it's nit-picking.

I mean come on did we really need a transvestite Ms. WM ? As for cena I don't like him plane and simple. He is Vince's cash show. little kids like him, their mommy's buy them Cena T-shirts & spinner belts so Vince gives him world titles.

This is just a matter of opinion...As Comic Book Guy might say "Worst WM EVER !"

Definitely one of the worst WM ever. The whole show was just decent at best with only one noteworthy match.

First off, no tag titles match and got completely bumped for A dragged out and boring concert?

MITB was pretty good, but Punk winning it AGAIN just spoils it for me, everyone was cheering when Christian was reaching for the briefcase and booed when Punk got it!

Santina drag queen winning the Miss WM title was complete failure, and the Divas who return didn't even get introduced, no one actually knew who were there!

Jericho vs old farts was okay at best, Snuka and Piper could barely walk let alone wrestle!

Hardy vs Hardy was given too little time for it to be a good match it had the potential to be, it was given like... 10 mins?

15 seconds IC title match was bull as well, way to bury the title...

The world title matches are the major letdowns though. World Championship was a storyline of two men fighting for Vickie Guerrero with Cena being the third man? come on... this is the storyline for a world title match on WM? REALLY? And the main event was a match that we have already seen 1000 times before.

The only highlight of the event was Taker vs HBK which was an AMAZING match, but one good match =/= a good PPV.

I watched Wrestlemania 25 again a couple weeks ago and I still enjoyed it overall. It might not be the Best WM ever but it was still solid I thought. IMO some Wrestlemanias aren't that great but they still deliver to me for the most part. Ive seen every Wrestlemania except 1,2,and 3 other than seeing Highlights of them.

HBK/Taker-Stole the Show obviously,can't wait for the Rematch this year.

HHH/Orton-Liked it because of the Storyline going into it.

Edge/Cena/Big Show-Solid Triple Threat Match,liked the ending with Cena getting both Edge & Big Show in the FU.

MITB-Solid one,wanted Christian to win though.

Jericho/Legends-How can anyone badmouth Steamboat's performance?

Stone Cold Steve Austin's HOF Celebration

Jeff/Matt-I Liked this Match and Jeff's leap frog off the Ladder was insane.

Doesn't matter if all other matches actually sucked...... wat made d Wrestlemania worth watching was the match between taker and HBK. i loved d crowd reaction to that. d crowd screaming this is awesome during d match says it all. and d reaction wen HBK kicked out of d tombstone. d world title match was not bad either. proved to me that john cena has super strength. he lifted big show and edge at d same time for d AA!!

Well I think you're exaggerating a bit here, like many have said, it's certainly not the worst Wrestlemania, but I'll agree that it's pretty far down there.

First, the Kid rock concert was too far, I hope we never see something like that again. They could've given some matches more time instead of him.

The only matches that I wanted to see that were on that card were Taker/HBK, Hardy/Hardy, and Money in the bank. The other matches I couldn't give a shit about, and mentioned before they just didn't really deliver what they should've.

Also, yea CM Punk winning Money in the bank again was a big let down, as we all like to see new stars win and break into the main event, not repeat the same thing.

All in all though, it's not the worst WM, but yea it should have and could have been way better.

The PPV was nothing more than average. I mean, Hardy/Hardy was not to bad. HBK/Taker was brilliant. JBL/Mysterio kinda pointless. Cena/Edge/Show was predictable. MITB was quite moderate. Jericho vs Legends was kinda pointless. Diva Battle Royal was kinda predictable.

Now The worst part of WM 25 was Orton/Triple H. The match to me was 2 out of 5 stars. What really disapointed me though was the fact that they had such a big build up for the match, and they ruined it with the match. I mean really, the ending of the match was just like WTF. Why not just get 2 jobbers and tell'em to wrestle?

Overall PPV rating 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was the worst Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 16, WM 16 was the 3rd worst WM ever

This hardly a black eye for WWE & WM but Personally I have to say this was the worst WM ever.

the one silver lining was Taker vs HBK it was a decent match so good there's now a rematch. I've even read that if taker loose's fans will riot.

Is English your first language?? I really hope English is your second language. How can anyone take you seriously when you can't spell/use somewhat decent grammar? I doubt you are stupid, just lazy.

Anyway, on to the thread itself (as God-awful as it is). The IC Title match being 21 seconds was fine. It served it's purpose. And that purpose was to make JBL look like the biggest Jack Ass possible. He was leaving, and he left as a MAJOR heel.

The Unified Tag Title match was a dark match, and that was terrible. I don't like dark matches at PPV's. Just put it on tv. So, oddly enough, I agree with you there.

The ECW title was not involved because, unfortunately, it wasn't considered a major title inside WWE managment. If people would have though of it as equal to the WHC/WWE title, it would have been on the ppv. I think the title should have had much more prestige than it did, but that's just the way it was. And that wasn't an indication of how bad Mania 25 was, but more of an indictment on WWE for NEVER making it important, anywhere!

Jericho beating up on "old farts?" If you don't like watching older men wrestle, fine. But at least show a little respect for guys who wrestled before you watched, and don't call them "farts" you moron. These guys are LEGENDS. I have no desire to watch Piper OR Snuka wrestle, but I respect them for getting in there. And besides, this wasn't THAT bad of a match. Do you not remember Ricky Steamboat? He tore the house down. The guy did better than ANYONE could have imagined. HOnestly, I think you just read the results, and probably didn't even watch the PPV. If you actually did watch it, you need glasses and/or a hearing aid.

Hardy vs. Hardy. What was the point??? Is that really a question you are going to ask?? I don't know...maybe MONTHS and MONTHS of building up to it? I really don't think you watched WWE before this event, I really don't. This wasn't the greatest match on the card, but it was decent. Had a good build up, and it was necessary to HAVE this match. But I guess you would have just had a build up and no match, right?

And then we have your pointless, stupid argument about money. Did you say the WWE lost money??? Not doing as well as the year before is NOT losing money, you dope. I did "google it," and here are the financial figures, you should take a look.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXV

Yes, Cena won again. They are pushing this guy to the moon year in and year out, so no, it wasn't a surprise. I never like it when he wins, so Mania isn't any different.

And then we have your last statement... "so to sum this up why was this such a bad PPV ?" Well, Mr. TNA_fan_man, I DO NOT feel this was a bad ppv. Was it the great Wrestlemania of all time? No. And to tell you the truth, I don't even have a problem with you not liking Mania 25. I have a problem with you TELLING us it was a bad ppv, and then asking us WHY it was so bad. Maybe some of us do not think it was all that bad. I don't. And I see I am not alone in that.

Dude, it's JBL. He got the farewell that he did because his character was a heel, most fans hated him. Instead, people should be happy that JBL even got a farewell at all.

Blame Kid Rock for that one.

Would you rather it have been defended in an 8 second match like it was the year before?

Ok, yes, that was the worst match of the show. They did what they could with what little they had. Plus, Steamboat did very well in the match, for someone that old. Jericho got heel heat for beating up legends, the match sucked but it served its purpose.

That was more like a couple of months later. They turned Matt face again so they could capitalize on Jeff leaving. Matt was boring as a heel. As a face he could team up with Jeff in one last angle before Jeff left. It made more sense to do it this way.

Yeah, I suppose.... but the fact that it was #25 is still prestigious.

So? John Cena is the face of WWE and the biggest name (other than legends) in wrestling right now. Having him win a world title gave the fans a great moment. That was one of my favorite moments of the show, I was there 16 rows from the ring, and getting to see my hero John Cena win a World Championship is something I'll never forget.

Wow, ok so 24 made a little more money. Does that mean 24 sucked too because 23 made more money than 24 did? Plus, 25 is far from the worst Wrestlemania. Want the worst one? 11 is the worst.

To call that match awesome would be an understatement, but there WERE other good matches on the card.

It wasn't! Wrestlemania 25 was an awesome show. It's NOT the worst Wrestlemania because it had great matches and it is honestly a very underrated show just because of people not liking Kid Rock's concert or being mad that they bumped the tag team match, or people whining about the main event.

I can think of maybe 4 things that went wrong with it, but no show is perfect. The tag team match got moved down to a dark match, the divas lost their entrances so Kid Rock could do his unnecessary concert, Santino winning the diva battle royal to create a HORRIBLE character, and Orton should have beaten Trips.

So a couple of things went wrong. Is there a perfect Wrestlemania? No, there isn't. Something is always going to happen every year that somebody doesn't like. They are trying to please as many of their fans as they can. Just because a couple of things went wrong doesn't make 25 the worst Wrestlemania. Now, the one that WAS the worst was Wrestlemania 11.

I would have to agree with you on this. To me the reasons this was the worst WM ever are....
1. Tag Team Title match was the dark match. this was history being made by unifying the titles and its not even shown on TV.
2. "Santina" won the Miss WrestleMania battle royal, need i say more?
3. The Intercontinental Title match was way too short
4. They wasted a good program for Jericho by facing the legends. Nothing against the legends but who wants to see old guys who cant wrestle taking up time at WM.
5. John Cena winning a world title again....yawn...this was just another Edge/Cena fued with Big Show thorwn in there to make us think otherwise.
6. Randy Orton should have gone over HHH and won the title. I dont just say that cuz i wanted Orton to win but because it was the perfect time and it would have made him more over as the top heel if he cheated to win. Also, when they went to Backlash, Triple H kept wanting his "revenge" on Orton, wait a minute, he got it at Mania, so that didnt make any sense either.
Only good things were Matt vs. Jeff, Taker vs Shawn and the Ladder Match

To answer your question #4, I would say the same people that think TNA puts on a top notch product every week. lol

But I don't agree that this was the worst WM ever, far from it. Some of the older ones were god awful. They only part of those cards you remember are the big name matches, but I can name the MITB/Taker and HBK/ Hardy vs Hardy/Triple Threat Match as ones that entertained me . The show could of been much better, and I found 24 superior in many ways, but to say this was THE WORST ever just shows you need to go back and watch all 25 again and being an objective viewer rate them all again. I think you'll be suprised...I'm talking about your WM 9 and WM 11

I agree that it wasn't the best Wrestlemania, and perhaps a bit overrated, but some older Manias were by far worse. Some that come to mind are WM 2, 9, and 11, each with comparable faults to 25, though some far exceeding them.

To the points that most people are making:

1. Cena winning the World Title should have been expected. To compare, he is the modern Hulk Hogan (the face of the company). If anything, the complaint should be that he wasn't in the main event match, as his win was more than justified. As someone stated, Cena went over HBK and HHH at Wrestlemania, so what is the big deal about going over Big Show and Edge? Again, to compare to Hogan, nobody was complaining when Hogan was winning/retaining titles at Wrestlemania, so Cena should fit the same category.

2. I agree that the Tag Team match should have been on the show, but I guess something had to be cut. You can't cut the Kid Rock concert, as the WWE were probably paying him way too much to not appear live. The show has a time limit after all, and what other match could realistically be cut from the show? Other than the Diva's bout, which brought back people and was tied in with Kid Rock, I don't see one. Also, we are thinking about this from a retrospective point of view, so we know how each match turned out. The WWE had no way of knowing how over (or not) each match would be, and thus assumed that the tag match would draw the least amount. Fair assessment, with the state of the tag division and all.

3. The Santina angle was crap. I agree there. However, the actual bout served its purpose, showcasing the divas in a way that didn't require a technical wrestling bout. The only real problem anyone has here is the winner.

4. Jericho vs the Legends was the tie in to Rourke. Through this, we also got to see just how good Steamboat still is. This really had some "win" to it, so I don't know why so many people complain about it. It also wasn't really long either, with Steamboat/Jericho taking up the majority of the time.

5. I also agree that the IC title could have been booked better, but again time comes into play. The WWE wanted something short, and they got it. Hell, even with a 25 second match, they still couldn't fit the Tag match on the card. As for JBL going out "badly", I'd guess he had a little say in the matter. It fit the character really, so what more could we ask for?

6. Hardy/Hardy was a solid match. It served its purpose and attempted to get Matt over. This match wasn't the reason why Matt's heel run failed, so I don't see why it gets such retrospective slander. Let the match be good when it is good.

7. Orton/HHH is another one that everyone hates on, mainly because Triple H won. I'm another guy who was rooting Orton, but it isn't like the sky fell because he didn't. Sometimes, we get disappointed. The main event was already a little lackluster because it followed Taker/Michaels, but this is just another thing we can't put in perspective. The WWE booked the matches in a particular order for a reason, likely thinking that the main event could also deliver. I think one thing we are all overlooking is that if the Taker/Michaels and HHH/Orton matches were switched, we may not be having all these hate threads now.

Sure, Taker/Michaels was the best on the card, as expected. However, before declaring one thing the WORST, sample the whole. I'm sure I could debate at least three other events to be the worst.

I agree with the sentiment that this show isn't as bad as it's made out to be or the worst Mania ever. Heck, it's not even the one that ended up falling farthest below its potential. That would have to be Mania 16. The show was perfectly average with many high points. Cena and the gang followed up Taker and Michaels in grand fashion and their match is extremely underrated. Taker and Michaels was what it was. I'm not going to harp on it. Hardy and Hardy had what amounted to a good match (with a GREAT ending) considering who was involved (essentially two backyarders who did very well). While the Jericho vs. Legends match should have been Jericho vs. Steamboat, that match still gave us a true Wrestlemania moment. JBL got the sendoff and comeuppance worthy of his character, and people seem to forget that this isn't the first squash in Wrestlemania history. Aside from a shit main event, the divas match/Kid Rock, the tag match getting bumped, and the worst MITB ever, this wasn't that bad. Even taking all of that into account, this was no worse than your average Mania. It's easily in the better half if you were to rank all twenty-five. WWE's hype job about the majesty of this event and the fact that this was the WM25 really got people to expect something that wasn't realistic of this show.

I personally thought this was "one" of the worst. I'd have to watch them all again to really see but in my recent memory it was not as good as it could have been or as good as others in recent years. I reatched it on WWE Classics and I have to say that I was very bored half the time. Almost as if it didn't feel like a WrestleMania. The Money in Tha Bank match was just meh compared to the others, both title matches were not as good as many expected. I enjoyed Orton & Hunters previous matches much more than Mania's. And I like three way matches but alternating opponets for Cena during one match is not the way to do it. Obviously the big shining moment was Taker/Michaels which was gonna be hard to follow. Maybe that's why the two title matches seemed sub par. Was it the worst? No. Was the it the worst of the 2000's? Perhaps.

It really isn't that bad. It wasn't one of the better Manias, but 9 and 11 were much worse. 25 had a fun MITB, Jericho vs Legends was interesting, Hardys match was good, HBK/Taker was amazing, WHC match was good, the only thing that really fucked up the show was HHH/Orton. The problem with HHH/Orton is that it was going to have to be unbelievable to live up to its hype. The build up was so dramatic and something we've never really seen before for a Mania main event. It wasn't a terrible match, the problem is that a standard singles match couldn't do that feud justice. Why that match wasn't No DQ baffles me, that really fucked that match over. HHH/Orton didn't live up to its hype, and it didn't live up to the quality of a Mania main event.

If HHH/Orton had been special I guarantee people would call WM 25 one of the better WMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back