Why TNA Going Out of Business is Bad

Robert Roode Fan

Occasional Pre-Show
Now tna is crap right now. I enjoyed Eric Young winning the world title, however just because I LIKED IT, DOES NOT MEAN IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. It was a stupid move on tna's part.

Right now tna could go under there is no doubt, I am not talking about whether it could go under I am talking should.

However it going under would be terrible. Yes it is crap overall, however there are many wrestlers who would get hurt. People talk about all the time about wanting tna to go under and Dixie Carter will LEARN A LESSON. Yeah right, she won't learn a damn thing, not one damn thing.

Many people accuse Dixie of thinking tna is nothing but a play toy to her, which at this point it may be. However if this is her play toy, will she care. I doubt, at the end of the day this probably won't hurt her, it won't teach her a lesson.

Also people wanting it BANNED in the states, you might as well throw away the bill of rights if you do that. Just don't watch it watch something else.
Instead it will hurt the wrestlers in the company. With one less place to work, they will be hurt by this. Who knows if Jarret's company will get off the ground? Guys like Roode, Storm, Areis are TO GOOD to be stuck on the indy scene, they may not fit in the wwe, however they do deserve tv time, and it would be a shame if they are not on tv, epically the final good years they have left. No offense to indy wrestling, but being on tv is a big deal. That is why I hope Roode, Areis and Storm spend their last good years in tna or GWF provided it get a good tv deal.

The problem for tna going under is it will let people like Dixie Carter off the hook, and hurt the wrestlers.

What needs to happen to teach Dixie a lesson is to hope tna is sold to someone who takes care of it and it is more successful with someone else running it than it was when Dixie was in charge. You would take about a BURN. I like Dixie, but if you want her to learn a lesson do that, not something that is going to hurt the wrestlers more than her.

I want to ask something, and it's not a question to pick a fight or something like that, but is a serious question: If you liked it... why are you complaining?

Honestly, if you liked it, then great you liked it, but then you go and complain about it and say that it's wrong when the company behind it is the one in control of the decisions that they're making, you liked the decision and now you're calling them wrong for making that decision?

Now fine, I understand, you're giving your opinion on the matter, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it will or should go out of business. I don't like Pop music but it's popular and it's still going on, do I want it to end? No, because I know somewhere out there likes it, I avoid it and go listen to some Metal. Problem solved.

Now, a lot of people point a finger at Dixie, sure she doesn't look like much of a wrestling promoter, people making fun of 1.0 ratings, people talk about it dying all the time, Dixie being a horrible person. Even though they don't know much about her other than what they read online and in interviews. Needless, to say, she's had a lot of dumb ideas I'm sure, the creative team has had a lot of dumb ideas, but that's to be expected, slumps do happen, some ideas sound great on paper and look downright stupid on execution.

Now not knowing Dixie, outside of what I said previously, I still say she's done a decent enough job, people laugh at 1.0 ratings, but at the same time, while the company has remained at 1.0, they've actually done that for years, sure a few slips have happened, but they still hold a strong follow of fans that probably still do, bitch about some ideas, but are still loyal enough to stick behind. And as long as those fans are backing TNA, TNA will stick around, Dixie and creative have to be doing something right in order to maintain those ratings. Maybe I'm looking at this from too much of a happy-go-lucky angle, but while growth is good, maintaining is just as good, because without proper maintaining, no growth can take place.

As for TNA at the moment, they are looking for a strong star, and looking for strong ratings, this we can be sure of, they are looking for another Styles (not the same person but someone who can achieve what he has), they're looking for that big star and are trying, do I agree with their decisions all the time? No, I'll call them out for their bullshit, but TNA IS improving, they're trying to improve, trying to bring new people in, trying new ideas, giving people runs with the title. This isn't WCW where they're giving people like David Arquette titles, in fact, they've given it to new people and people that people have stuck around to watch because of them, Bully, Sabin, Aries, Magnus, and now even an original TNA guy like Eric Young whose had fan support for a while.

I could well be deluding myself here, but that sounds like trying and I see nothing wrong with any of those people, yes even Eric Young being champion, especially if it doesn't drop ratings. Sure if one week they drop below 1.0 and then the next they're back over it, I see that as a good thing, not because of them dropping down, but bouncing back and showing that they do have a dedicated following. In the end you're trying to please the fans you have while bring in new fans, if the fans they have are happy, that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. In order for growth to happen, people have to be happy and willing to watch, happy fans mean people telling there friends to tune in and see if they like what is going on. Yes, somethings could be grabs for attention, but attention is good as well.

I'm probably too positive here, but I like what I'm seeing from ROH, TNA and WWE so far, all of them have really kicked things up a gear and I gotta say, right now, seems like a great time to be a wrestling fan.

I want to ask something, and it's not a question to pick a fight or something like that, but is a serious question: If you liked it... why are you complaining?

Honestly, if you liked it, then great you liked it, but then you go and complain about it and say that it's wrong when the company behind it is the one in control of the decisions that they're making, you liked the decision and now you're calling them wrong for making that decision?

Now fine, I understand, you're giving your opinion on the matter, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it will or should go out of business. I don't like Pop music but it's popular and it's still going on, do I want it to end? No, because I know somewhere out there likes it, I avoid it and go listen to some Metal. Problem solved.

Now, a lot of people point a finger at Dixie, sure she doesn't look like much of a wrestling promoter, people making fun of 1.0 ratings, people talk about it dying all the time, Dixie being a horrible person. Even though they don't know much about her other than what they read online and in interviews. Needless, to say, she's had a lot of dumb ideas I'm sure, the creative team has had a lot of dumb ideas, but that's to be expected, slumps do happen, some ideas sound great on paper and look downright stupid on execution.

Now not knowing Dixie, outside of what I said previously, I still say she's done a decent enough job, people laugh at 1.0 ratings, but at the same time, while the company has remained at 1.0, they've actually done that for years, sure a few slips have happened, but they still hold a strong follow of fans that probably still do, bitch about some ideas, but are still loyal enough to stick behind. And as long as those fans are backing TNA, TNA will stick around, Dixie and creative have to be doing something right in order to maintain those ratings. Maybe I'm looking at this from too much of a happy-go-lucky angle, but while growth is good, maintaining is just as good, because without proper maintaining, no growth can take place.

As for TNA at the moment, they are looking for a strong star, and looking for strong ratings, this we can be sure of, they are looking for another Styles (not the same person but someone who can achieve what he has), they're looking for that big star and are trying, do I agree with their decisions all the time? No, I'll call them out for their bullshit, but TNA IS improving, they're trying to improve, trying to bring new people in, trying new ideas, giving people runs with the title. This isn't WCW where they're giving people like David Arquette titles, in fact, they've given it to new people and people that people have stuck around to watch because of them, Bully, Sabin, Aries, Magnus, and now even an original TNA guy like Eric Young whose had fan support for a while.

I could well be deluding myself here, but that sounds like trying and I see nothing wrong with any of those people, yes even Eric Young being champion, especially if it doesn't drop ratings. Sure if one week they drop below 1.0 and then the next they're back over it, I see that as a good thing, not because of them dropping down, but bouncing back and showing that they do have a dedicated following. In the end you're trying to please the fans you have while bring in new fans, if the fans they have are happy, that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. In order for growth to happen, people have to be happy and willing to watch, happy fans mean people telling there friends to tune in and see if they like what is going on. Yes, somethings could be grabs for attention, but attention is good as well.

I'm probably too positive here, but I like what I'm seeing from ROH, TNA and WWE so far, all of them have really kicked things up a gear and I gotta say, right now, seems like a great time to be a wrestling fan.

Now if you are wondering why I liked it why I was griping about Eric Young winning the belt at the same time.

I like eric young, and him being champion is awsome.

However I felt at the time that him being champion would kill tna's ratings even more. While I MIGHT like him being champion does not mean he should be champion. To me at the time it was bad for business. However now it may be good knowing about tna's ratings. I want tna to live and as much as I enjoyed Eric Young winning the belt, he has been a comedy gimmick for so long that I was afraid it would tune a lot of people off of impact.

However now that might be pointless, he might actually be a draw, we shall see.

I think the problem TNA has with growing their audience is the audience themselves. People shit, and hate on TNA just like they boo Cena. They have no idea why, just that everyone thinks it's the "cool" thing to do. Along with this whole Yes nonsense. I can bet that at least 60% of the crowd has no clue what the whole yes thing means, or why they're doing it.

Back to point, because of this false stigma TNA seems to have, getting their ratings above 1.5 is hard enough, let alone getting into the 2.0's territory. Which at this point may be why you see them try a bunch of different things, and see what sticks.

I'm with the OP on this.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a TNA fan. The only time I honestly ever watch was the Angle vs Joe series when Angle first arrived. But this morning when I read that Eric Young won the belt I thought "Oh cool he's worked hard." It reminded me of when Foley won the belt and WCW spoiled it, inadvertently putting WWF on the map again.

Then reality set in. Building Magnus seemed important to that company. And building newer talent in General is absolutely their top priority. So why have someone who fits that mold lose to a decade old comedy act? And why not follow history and have it happen on a taped version of the show?

Like I said, I'm no TNA watcher, but if I knew next week Eric Young was beating Magnus, I would tune in. It sounds exciting, but I didn't even know there was a title match last night.

Here is the problem with it, I love EY he is a great athlete and a hard worker and obviously ratings jumped and I think he had a lot to do with it, but this is like the dying days of WCW all over again, and before I get bashed here me out, in WCW Hogan left, Savage was out the door, Goldbergs contract was almost up, Flair and Sting were almost gone and we were running with Russo steering the ship, and while it was good to see guys like Jarrett, Booker T, Steiner, DDP get their title runs, it was too little too late because all the vets that were WWE guys leaving the new talent pushed was dead in the water.

Fast forward to TNA, TNA has had Sting leave, Flair left, AJ left, Angle is injured, Joe got pushed down to midcard, Hardy has become in and out of focus, and history is repeating itself, they had to quickly build new stars, Roode got relegated down and he was one of the best heels TNA had, Magnus is a good athlete but he is a jobber with no heat, Abyss lost momentum with Joe Park, Joe lost steam because of being midcard jobber status for the last 3 yrs, and EY was never a serious athlete until the last what 3 months?

You can put the strap on anyone, but its about timing and its too late IMO there quickly turning into the #3 on TV behind ROH regardless of their cable deal. If TNA goes out of business its not bad, hell Jarrett buys the assets and gets his GFW off the ground quicker. or talent goes where their appreciated and not jobbed out. either way will see what happens. but seriously history is repeating itself

Here is the problem with it, I love EY he is a great athlete and a hard worker and obviously ratings jumped and I think he had a lot to do with it, but this is like the dying days of WCW all over again, and before I get bashed here me out, in WCW Hogan left, Savage was out the door, Goldbergs contract was almost up, Flair and Sting were almost gone and we were running with Russo steering the ship, and while it was good to see guys like Jarrett, Booker T, Steiner, DDP get their title runs, it was too little too late because all the vets that were WWE guys leaving the new talent pushed was dead in the water.

Fast forward to TNA, TNA has had Sting leave, Flair left, AJ left, Angle is injured, Joe got pushed down to midcard, Hardy has become in and out of focus, and history is repeating itself, they had to quickly build new stars, Roode got relegated down and he was one of the best heels TNA had, Magnus is a good athlete but he is a jobber with no heat, Abyss lost momentum with Joe Park, Joe lost steam because of being midcard jobber status for the last 3 yrs, and EY was never a serious athlete until the last what 3 months?

You can put the strap on anyone, but its about timing and its too late IMO there quickly turning into the #3 on TV behind ROH regardless of their cable deal. If TNA goes out of business its not bad, hell Jarrett buys the assets and gets his GFW off the ground quicker. or talent goes where their appreciated and not jobbed out. either way will see what happens. but seriously history is repeating itself

Here is the problem the other places that are not GFW and Tna are indy compaines. Do you think someone like Bobby Roode is going to want to spend the rest of his prime in an indy company. No disrespect to indy companies but they are for people who are not good enough for tv or not ready or to old. Bobby Roode, and Storm are still in their primes, so is Gunner. Those are guys are to old to go to wwe, but still young enough and still to damn good to be stuck on the indy scene, maybe that would okay in three or four years when they are out of their primes, but they are at to high of a level to be stuck on the indy scene, they deserve tv time, really they deserve a chance to be in wwe, but that is not going to happen.

Also going to the indy scene does not mean success. Look at Jay Lethal, he had a pretty good gimmick in tna, and was a success in roh for time but now he is wasted. Those guys might be buried in Roh, there wrestling ability is good, but is not main event level. What makes those two main event stars is there mic skills, which they would not be allowed to showcase that much. Roh is HORRIBLY run as well by the booker Derloious. Also Roh is not a world title, it is not counted as one either, Tna is, GFW might be. Roode, Strom, Abyss don't fit in Ring of Honor at this point, they just do not fit.
I will say this if GFW can buy the assets that would 10 times bettter than wwe doing it, because GFW would acually make Roode, Storm dvd's.

Also what happens if wwe buys out tna assets, THEY BURY THE ORGINALS and ruin their reputation. I know quite a few people who though ddp was a jobber because wwe treated him like one until they mentioned him in a dvd.

Plus those wrestlers busted their ass to be in tna, THERE KNOWN FOR BEING IN TNA. It is not good for them going under. They love tna, jarret loves tna.

Also remember Roh was almost out of business at one point, now they are doing better despite horrible booking that is bad but not as bad tna.

Just what in the rowdy blue fucking hell is it with you people discussing if TNA will fold or not? It's always the same shit around here. It's the impending Apocalypse that never seems to fucking come. Is it Y2K? Is it 21/Dec/2012? When's the next end of the world scheduled for?

For Christ's sake, people. Can't you just do what you're supposed to do when you watch TV? Enjoy the show or change the channel? No? Too complicated?

I know the OP was talking about it no closing. No shit that's a bad thing. That's a major company dying and hundreds on the unemployment line. It doesn't take much thinking to see why it's a bad thing. But of course we, the ever pathetically fickle wrestling fans of the world, can't be happy with a second wrestling product being on international television. NO! IT'S GOTTA BE FUCKING PERFECT. This is why we can't have nice things. We get spoiled.

I think the problem TNA has with growing their audience is the audience themselves. People shit, and hate on TNA just like they boo Cena. They have no idea why, just that everyone thinks it's the "cool" thing to do. Along with this whole Yes nonsense. I can bet that at least 60% of the crowd has no clue what the whole yes thing means, or why they're doing it.

Back to point, because of this false stigma TNA seems to have, getting their ratings above 1.5 is hard enough, let alone getting into the 2.0's territory. Which at this point may be why you see them try a bunch of different things, and see what sticks.
Jesus Christ Mary, get off the cross. We need the damned wood.

Rule #1 in business. If you aren't supplying what the customers are demanding, it is your fault. That's not first-day stuff, that's stuff people expect you to know before you show up for the first day. It is never a case of "well, the fans just didn't appreciate our product the way they are supposed to". You provide what the customers want. If you don't, you go out of business. Customers didn't want a year and a half of Aces and Eights. Customers didn't want Hulkamania to run mild over six segments a night. And when you build up a reputation for providing a product that people don't want, you build up a reputation for providing a product that people don't want. It's not a 'false stigma'- they didn't entertain an audience of the size they needed to justify their expenses from 2009-13.

It's like a guy who repeatedly steals businesses complaining he can't get work as an accountant anymore because people are complaining that he stole from so many businesses, and that he'd have no problem finding work if only people wouldn't think of him as a thief.

Using the exact same (and faulty) logic, we could say that TNA is only hanging on to their current ratings by the virtue of a few die-hard fans who value being part of an underdog 'team' more than they value being entertained by the television they watch. So please, for the love of everyone here, drop the "I'm part of an exclusive club which no one understands" act. If you enjoy the programming, more power to you. The whole "Team Martyr" routine got old a couple years ago.

Just what in the rowdy blue fucking hell is it with you people discussing if TNA will fold or not? It's always the same shit around here. It's the impending Apocalypse that never seems to fucking come. Is it Y2K? Is it 21/Dec/2012? When's the next end of the world scheduled for?

For Christ's sake, people. Can't you just do what you're supposed to do when you watch TV? Enjoy the show or change the channel? No? Too complicated?

I know the OP was talking about it no closing. No shit that's a bad thing. That's a major company dying and hundreds on the unemployment line. It doesn't take much thinking to see why it's a bad thing. But of course we, the ever pathetically fickle wrestling fans of the world, can't be happy with a second wrestling product being on international television. NO! IT'S GOTTA BE FUCKING PERFECT. This is why we can't have nice things. We get spoiled.

You are right about everything. I do agree tna does have some struggles but people wanting it to under are just being fanboys. Look at the user wweunbiasedfan on wrestle zone who says anyone who watches tna is an inbred hick or even saying fuck anyone who watches tna. I mean it has gotten that far of the bias against tna. Hell when tna said they were sad warrior died, PEOPLE BASHED THEM FOR IT. PEOPLE WERE USING WARRIOR TO BASH TNA. These people are probably indy fans who want roh to take tna's spot when that even won't happen, or they are wwe fans who just want nothing but the wwe. BTW How do people call themselves unbias and then put some of the most biased bullshit on the web.

I like TNA too but there is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. They are making some better choices now but still need to improve on some things - Willow, really?

I don't think TNA going out of business would be totally bad for wrestling depending on the circumstances. Closing shop tomorrow would really be bad as not everyone would be picked up by ROH but that isn't likely to happen. Jarrett's new promotion is still several months away but if it coincided with that, I could see a lot of talent going there. That is something I think people need to be ready for - Jarrett's new company might not scare wwe but it is a threat to TNA especially if they could pick up some talent like Styles, Sabin and Angle. TNA could suddenly find themselves fighting against guys they had and let go over money and possible losing that fight. If that was the case though, losing TNA wouldn't be as bad as people think since that alternative is still there. Let's not forget that they are not WCW so it will suck for the talent but as for the industry, wwe wont care and ROH will suddenly be the #2 company so that won't hurt them any.

I was always baffled when people wanted TNA to go out of business. Cause as a wrestling fan, I want an alternative and felt the same way that guys like Joe, Roode and Storm would not be able to work anymore. But at this point there's no saving it and TNA has already lost tons of wrestlers, 30 wrestlers to be exact since a year ago. And with JJ's promotion coming, we may have an alternative and some of these guys may go there.

The way I see it happening is that JJ still have some ownership in TNA(25%) and that TNA may go out of business and in this case, JJ may just swoop in to get what is due to him for free. So JJ would run the company again and merge both. So it would be essentialy TNA but more innovative. Wich is what the wrestling scene would need.

Why TNA going out of business is a bad idea is solved in one or two sentences or quick hits — it doesn't need a loquacious argument backing it.

1. It undercuts the industry by removing the only other nationally televised outlet in the market.
2. It puts hard-working people, many of whom have been given a second chance (or a third, fourth or fifth... like Jeff Hardy) out of a job.

That's it. There's really nothing more to it. If you root for the demise of this company, you root for, at least in part, the loss of jobs and the loss of potential jobs. Congratulations. Maybe people should start rooting for the company you work for to tank too, so you know what it means to be in that position?

Over the years I've given TNA lots of chances to win me over. I have enjoyed aspects of their show at times but generally I am most disappointed by the lack of follow through in major story lines, and also the main focus of the program is usually not very interesting. The "takeover" story line and the "authority figure" angle have all been done to death multiple times. Wrestlers I like get pushed to the back in favor of WWE veterans. The management is crap at TNA, and the small angry audience spends more time decrying the haters than they spend talking about what they like about the product. The product's bad, and if you support it out of principle, then you're not exactly a fan.

Everyone said TNA had too many wrestlers and needed to trim the fat and get rid of the older guys and stop paying Hogan the leech and blah blah blah. This is what they need to be successful, this is what is holding them back.

TNA trims the roster, gets rid of Hogan, while at the same time signing new (at least new to the company) talent in people like the Wolves and MVP, EC3 along with bringing back names like Lashley and Angelina and the talent exchange with the overseas guys. TNA is a sinking ship, obviously don't have any money left, can't afford to retain all their talent, letting all these big names go.

Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

I love AJ, I wish he was still in TNA and I got to watch him more again, BUT, the loss of AJ has meant very little to TNA from a ratings standpoint. AJ wanted more money than they were willing to pay, but the fact that his departure hasn't really impacted the ratings shows that not giving him that money had plenty of merit.

Now Sabin is gone, again, I like Sabin, MCMG is my favourite team ever after the Dudleyz, but the ratings won't change with him gone.

These guys are replaceable, yes even AJ, pretty much everyone in TNA is replaceable. There's pretty much nobody there that moves the needle. If anyone wants too much money, then it's simple enough to move them along and bring in somebody who is happy with that price tag, the ratings will remain the same. That's not exactly a sign of a sinking ship, it's a sign of being smart with your money.

Even Sting, I love Sting, I grew up a WCW kid marking the fuck out for Sting every week. I still marked out for "The Icon" every time he came out. But he's gone, the ratings don't change.

TNA's biggest problem, especially over the last few years, is that instead of focusing in growth and development they have been chasing wwe. Everyone knew going against them on Mondays was a bad idea but the had Hogan now and could be big like Vince. I think they have started to do some right things but I don't know if they can actually do their own thing and ignore wwe. Just look at EY winning the title - that is purely because wwe made Bryan their champ. I think unless they start to really focus inward they are never going to grow and could eventually run themselves out of business.

Well of course it would be bad, it's the number two promotion and employs a good amount of talented wrestlers. Even if it was fucking terrible (can't comment on that since I haven't watched their product in a year and a half now) like WCW and ECW were during their dying days it would still be a bad thing simply because of the loss of competition for the WWE. Vince and company don't really view TNA as competition, but it's atleast the closest thing to it these days for them with ROH in a pretty damn distant third (unfortunately).

The only people that actually want TNA to fold are just bitter and/or trolls. I've made fun of that promotion endlessly and even I would hate to see them shut down.

TNA going out of business would be very bad. WWE already has been cruising through their shows and not giving us the honest effort. They are just going through the motions each week and doing things just to do them. With that being said, TNA has done a terrible job of doing innovative things to make themselves stand out. They don't have anything even closely resembling brand recognition so that fans could look at them and say "wow, they are different!". I have been a big fan of TNA since around 2004/2005 and I as a fan, have given them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they just needed time to come up with something. Maybe they were trying to find what they could do differently. But as time goes on, it seems less and less likely that they are even making progress in being the number two company. They are only around because WWE is the only game in town and there are no other companies stepping up to give competition. Honestly, I hope another company or maybe even more come forward and slap both WWE & TNA out of their comfortable complacency and make them get off their asses and deliver more weekly. Give us something to tune in for. Wrestling damn sure isn't what it was in the 90s and half assed products like WWE and TNA are to blame. As long as WWE keeps staying on auto-pilot phoning it in and TNA never steps up their game to challenge them, we will continue getting piss poor sub-standard shows that never revolutionizes the sport which is a damn shame indeed.

I am sorry but simply put this is a company who under the Jarretts even though it didn't have the financial backing it needed it made the business start to turn fresh, I enjoyed it, but now think about this Dixie made TNA turn into the Hydra you had the Dixie head Jarrett head Bischoff head Hogan head Russo Head and now whoever else you have 30 heads no directions...

TNA is that way, I can't take Roode seriously because no one is giving him the same opportunities he had before Hogan and Bischoff were around, I can't take TNA seriously because all I see now is TNA rips this major angle off WWE rips a less important angle off of TNA there is seriously no substance.

I almost look at it like when I was 8 or 9 I made my own wrestler with my toys painted new tights on him and everything (I think I used a Billy Gunn) but I made him always beat everyone and was always champion despite all the matches I put him in.

In a real company its bad for business, Jarrett never did that yeah he was champion of hiis promotion but there were the Joes, Angles, Styles who preceeded as champions. I feel like guys get opportunities too late now in TNA, and guys who shouldn't be near a ring are in the spotlight. they brought in guys like Flip Kendrick who are great talents for a one off appearance (I actually worked with him in Michigan) and instead they bring in guys like EC3 who honestly I thought had no talent when they had their FCW/NXT run...

its not about just GFW, but hell ROH atleast can put on a decent hour show, I can't tune in for a solid 2 hours of TNA anymore, I honestly would rather watch WCW PPV reruns on the WWE network from their last years, then watch 40% of TNA right now just because too me there is no great direction. I think TNA talent gets picked up by other companies, I think some guys hone skills in the indies which they need to do and other guys just retire because they have gone through their prime

I am sorry but simply put this is a company who under the Jarretts even though it didn't have the financial backing it needed it made the business start to turn fresh, I enjoyed it, but now think about this Dixie made TNA turn into the Hydra you had the Dixie head Jarrett head Bischoff head Hogan head Russo Head and now whoever else you have 30 heads no directions...

TNA is that way, I can't take Roode seriously because no one is giving him the same opportunities he had before Hogan and Bischoff were around, I can't take TNA seriously because all I see now is TNA rips this major angle off WWE rips a less important angle off of TNA there is seriously no substance.

I almost look at it like when I was 8 or 9 I made my own wrestler with my toys painted new tights on him and everything (I think I used a Billy Gunn) but I made him always beat everyone and was always champion despite all the matches I put him in.

In a real company its bad for business, Jarrett never did that yeah he was champion of hiis promotion but there were the Joes, Angles, Styles who preceeded as champions. I feel like guys get opportunities too late now in TNA, and guys who shouldn't be near a ring are in the spotlight. they brought in guys like Flip Kendrick who are great talents for a one off appearance (I actually worked with him in Michigan) and instead they bring in guys like EC3 who honestly I thought had no talent when they had their FCW/NXT run...

its not about just GFW, but hell ROH atleast can put on a decent hour show, I can't tune in for a solid 2 hours of TNA anymore, I honestly would rather watch WCW PPV reruns on the WWE network from their last years, then watch 40% of TNA right now just because too me there is no great direction. I think TNA talent gets picked up by other companies, I think some guys hone skills in the indies which they need to do and other guys just retire because they have gone through their prime

Here is the problem guys need to hone their skills in the indies, guys like Roode NEED no honing their skills in the indy scene, it would be horribly tragic to put him on the indy scene because if tna goes under and gfw does not make it that is how he spends the reminder of his prime. I think it sucked that someone like Jerry Lynn had to retire on the indy scene, tna should have given him tv time to retire, but he had to do with less people around. Why take an opputinty away from wrestlers that do work hard this is their living. You can watch something else, hell there might be some people that like this train wreck. Also what people who thinks that tna is going to embrass the business forget is that it does not matter what tna does, if tna is pure crap people outstide wrestling do not care. In fact most people care about what the wwe is doing, and only wwe. If wwe is good and tna is crap, then people think wrestling is in good shape, however if tna is good and wwe is bad, then people think wrestling sucks. All tna does is put people out of a job, if people want to "suffer" working in a tna, then let them, if they are in a "crappy" company then that is THEIR FAULT they singed the contract, they signed being in tna. Let Storm work for tna, don't take away the two year contract which he EARNED by busting his ass for the company. Some people like a James Storm like the way of life they get in tna, it works out for them great.

You don't think someone like Roode is good enough to be champion because he only became champion becase Hogan and bischoff were there. WTF. He probably was good enough to be world champion regardless but you can't just throw the title on the guy. He earned it like people SHOULD. Maybe there is something in the wrestling business I don't know called paying your dues and he did that. Why do I have this feeling that no matter what tna does you not going to like it, that is the way most of you tna haters are.

Also those guys are on the indy scene are going to want to have a better chance of making it to national tv, if they can't make it to wwe, because a lot of people that don't make it are not because they are not good enough it is because they do not fit. Like I said you may hate tna, and if you think it is crappy which it is right now, then just let them be in that crappy company, if you think they are "suffering", or not being used right, they signed with the company on their own accord. Maybe tna is not for you and most people then let me and small amount of people that watch tna along with wwe, you watch wwe, the indies and anything else they like, it sounds like you never will like anything they do anyways whether it would be good or bad.

TNA just has the bad stigma as to where I think many wrestling fans have tried watching several times but just turned over at a bad time. Most wrestling fans are conditioned to watch wwe and will watch regardless how bad it gets, with tna, they have to be better and different to really create buzz like they did back in 05-08. Pretty much if you get bad service at "Joe's burgers", you're not going to go back because it was something you just wanted to try and if you can get the same service (maybe a lil better or worse) at McDonalds then you will go to McDonalds over Joes burger. It wouldn't make much sense for Joe's burgers to serve big macs when everyone is already getting it at McDonalds. For TNA to really succeed needs to serve something different, which they haven't in years. I have never wanted tna to fail, I want them to be competition but when they go out of business it will be their own fault for having no business sense at all. Honestly though, roh seems to be on the rise and GFW seems like an interesting concept, maybe the wrestling world will be better without tna.

TNA just has the bad stigma as to where I think many wrestling fans have tried watching several times but just turned over at a bad time. Most wrestling fans are conditioned to watch wwe and will watch regardless how bad it gets, with tna, they have to be better and different to really create buzz like they did back in 05-08. Pretty much if you get bad service at "Joe's burgers", you're not going to go back because it was something you just wanted to try and if you can get the same service (maybe a lil better or worse) at McDonalds then you will go to McDonalds over Joes burger. It wouldn't make much sense for Joe's burgers to serve big macs when everyone is already getting it at McDonalds. For TNA to really succeed needs to serve something different, which they haven't in years. I have never wanted tna to fail, I want them to be competition but when they go out of business it will be their own fault for having no business sense at all. Honestly though, roh seems to be on the rise and GFW seems like an interesting concept, maybe the wrestling world will be better without tna.

Here is the problem with what you said, tna is probably better known than a joes burger probably more like a strips or a kent kwik. Also just because tna was not doing good does not mean ROH is on the rise. Roh seems to still have a super tight budget, do you think wrestlers would rather wrestle in a tna were they get a good contract if tna can get back together or have to have hustle around and work more for money they can make in a strong tna. Having that option is great for wrestlers. Trust me ROH will not rise, I would for them to, but for them to make up for the loss of tna, they need to be on natonal tv and classified as a mainstream world title that guys can compete for, and that will not happen, hell them going back to pay per view is a big deal the fact they are not pay per view, with tna they may struggle to get good buy rates, but when I hear people want ROH to replace them it is not going to happen. Tna going under might help a GFW, but I would rather see GFW form before tna goes under. Also GFW may or may not make it, I hope it does make it.

Sure TNA staying in business has it's perks but I think going under has more benefits for wrestling as a whole for two reasons, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy. These top tier talent are wasting their time in TNA, I get they want to stay loyal and keep a light schedule but if TNA folds they are pretty much forced to return to the WWE or go to the indies, which I doubt they will do. I'm selfish, TNA should fold so I am satisfied as a fan and have my Olympic Hero and Charismatic Enigma return back home.

Sure TNA staying in business has it's perks but I think going under has more benefits for wrestling as a whole for two reasons, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy. These top tier talent are wasting their time in TNA, I get they want to stay loyal and keep a light schedule but if TNA folds they are pretty much forced to return to the WWE or go to the indies, which I doubt they will do. I'm selfish, TNA should fold so I am satisfied as a fan and have my Olympic Hero and Charismatic Enigma return back home.

Did you seriously just try to argue that the "benfits for wrestling as a whole" are better with the only nationally televised competitor going under and think you'd just skate by?

You'd have been better off not even bothering with that load of shit and just coming out and sticking to the latter half of your post about how you just selfishly want to see Hardy and Angle in WWE again, because there's absolutely no logical support to the idea that TNA folding it's doors would benefit wrestling as a whole at all. It would benefit WWE. Wrestling as a whole would suffer for it. Clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back