Why The Undertaker and The Streak SUCKS!!

Who should end The Streak?

• The Rock

• John Cena

• Roman Reigns

• Daniel Bryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
Ok, first of all I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but here it goes:

2whdpxk.jpg

The Undertaker sucks.

While that old washed up has been bald fat@$$ has yet to show up this year but in my opinion I think that he absolutely sucks.

He flat out sucks.

The thing that is really iritating is that he has NOTHING left to prove, he is 48 years old, he should retire.

f3xtvr.jpg

Every year it's the same boring story with Taker, there is 0 predictability to his matches, we all know that the streak will NEVER end.

A lot of people say that the streak should never be broken, I disagree.

Records are meant to be broken, imagine what would ending the streak would mean to a young guy like Roman Reigns or even Daniel Bryan.

Taker marks are so p@thetic, they go crazy when people say this guy should end the streak or this guy should end the streak.

WWE is a machine, it's going to keep moving forward.

It won't stop on one wrestler, not Hogan, not Austin, not Rock and certainly not Taker.

With that being said, Taker should retire already.

He's not helping the business in any way, right now he is a cancer to wrestling.

The Undertaker got a huge opportunity to end his career at WM28 with a record of 20-0 at WrestleMania. Now he has an even better opportunity to end his career 22-0 at WMXXX.

They should just get it over with Taker vs Cena and Taker retires. Why do they keep postponing this match?

We all know that The Undertaker will retire by defeating John Cena.

It's inevitable and extremely and annoyingly predictable.

Many Cena haters hate Cena a lot to the point that they think he'll end the streak but the truth is he won't.
I think Cena will probably kick out of 2 or 3 tombstones in Taker's last match and the crowd will exaggerate like a bunch of crazed manchilds and pretend like The Streak is going to end and it isn't the most predictable thing in the world just like they did last year and just like they will do this year with his match against Brock.

I don't think Brock Lesnar has any chance of ending the streak, it's typical of Taker, he couldn't let it go.

He put over Brock Lesnar in 2002 and now he wants to bury him, he couldn't let it go.

Here is how the Brock Lesnar - The Undertaker will go:

-Taker will return, probably scare lesnar or something.
-Paul Heyman will say something about Lesnar beating Hunter and Punk, the 2 guys who Taker defeated the last 3 years.
-Brock Lesnar will attack Taker.

WrestleMania: Lesnar beats up Taker the entire match, lots of false finishes, Taker wins.
Taker disappears for the next year.

As a guy who attends WrestleMania for the last couple of years, I have 0 interest in seeing Taker taking 20-30 minutes from WrestleMania to his ego.

The match with Lesnar will be great, just like it was with Punk.

Punk carried Taker, it was just an embarassment seeing Taker last year, he didn't do ANYTHING memorable.

Punk carried him in the entire feud and the match, taker only said his generic "I'm gonna hurt you" WTF is this lame $#!t?

Lesnar this year will also carry Taker this year to a great match, all of Lesnar matches have been great.

Taker feuded with the shield, daniel bryan took the pin on raw in a 6 man tag match then Taker gave the shield their first loss on Smackdown then they beat him up after the match, I guess that's putting them over.

I guess for Taker marks, it's ok for Taker to come back and bury everyone, he's becoming like Hogan and Flair but the difference is when those guys came back, they were in the mid-card and putting talents over not like Taker, taking a 20-30 minute match at every WrestleMania.

Taker can bury every young talent, he should come back for the next 50 years and beat everyone who becomes a star because it's an "honour" and a "privilege" for anyone to be facing the Holy Taker.

Imagine if Hogan kept coming back at WrestleMania, if he beat Austin at WM13 or Rock at WM15 because it's an "honour" for them to be facing Hogan.

Taker is boring, his matches are beyond predictable.

I don't care if the streak ends or not, all I want is just for Taker to retire this year.

I have no interest in seeing Cena vs Taker because we all know that the undertaker will win, I also think that Taker vs Bryan or Taker vs Reigns should NOT happen if Taker is winning.

There are certain people who have dedicated their lives to this thing. Their loyalty and work ethic made the WWE what it is today. In my opinion, those people are free to do as they please, and Undertaker is the leader of that pack.

There are certain people who have dedicated their lives to this thing. Their loyalty and work ethic made the WWE what it is today. In my opinion, those people are free to do as they please, and Undertaker is the leader of that pack.

IF he's coming back for a match every year, I absolutely have no problem with it.

But coming back to WIN a match every year is incredibly annoying.

Hogan and Flair did the same thing Taker did and even better but they tarnished their legacy by overstaying their welcome and not knowing when to retire.

Same thing will happen with Taker.

P.S- Shawn Michaels is / was in the same position Taker is yet he retired, he retired and till his last match he was giving 110%

That is a lot of words to support a very simple argument. Grab a dictionary and look up 'tautology'.

It boils down to this: the streak is incredibly valuable to the WWE. It may have occurred when someone in the back said 'hey, have you noticed that Mark hasn't lost at Mania' and they made hay with it.

But however it came about, and whatever you think of it, they have a phenomenon on their hand that is more of a spectacle than their own heavyweight championship. And I may have got my MBA from the Paul Heyman Business School, but even I can tell you that you don't just give the streak away until the last possible moment. And knowing that he is legitimately working hurt gives every match that frisson of 'what if this year is it?'

Now. Let's look at the (admittedly subjective) ratings for Taker's last six Wrestlemania matches.

- 2008 v Edge (****1/4)
- 2009 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2010 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2011 v HHH (****1/2)
- 2012 v HHH (****3/4)
- 2013 v CM Punk (****1/2)

I wish all wrestlers were that good when they're broken down and hurt. I don't agree with those ratings but I enjoyed every single match and didn't feel that Undertaker's mobility impeded the psychology or storytelling. Perhaps the younger guys carried the physicality more...but Undertaker's been like that for a long time. It wasn't him that went off the cell roof, remember?

Donning my Fantasy Booker Hat (earned at the Vince Russo School of Booking) I would eventually book Undertaker to lose at Wrestlemania. I don't know who because we don't know when he's ready to retire. There's no point in having shine if you can't allow someone else a rub.

But the streak far from 'sucks'. It's a moment or thing in the industry that has transcended into the public consciousness like Hulkamania, the Ultimate Warrior, The Rock or Darren Drozdov. They are unwriteable, they cannot be designed, like all the best things in the business.

I like the Undertaker and would not have a problem if the streak never ended. With that said I would also accept the streak ending if it was to positively help further a storyline or superstar. Taker is close to retirement and his loss at mania whould help the company going forward as it would give a massive rub to whoever beats him.

The only two people right now that I would accept breaking the streak are Daniel Bryan and John Cena. Things can change and there may be another who should break the streak but right now its these two.

Nobody deserves it more than Cena. It would be the ideal moment to turn him heel.

It would also be great for Bryan. In this occasion I would have taker be a heel. I dont think it would be too hard to turn taker heel with the support Bryan currently has. It would be a fantastic boost for Bryan and it would forever legitimize his character. Actually even if Bryan was to lose to a heel taker at mania it would be great.

I must admit the OP's description of the taker/brock match/story made me laugh. It is almost a sure thing that thats how the fued will play out.

That is a lot of words to support a very simple argument. Grab a dictionary and look up 'tautology'.

It boils down to this: the streak is incredibly valuable to the WWE. It may have occurred when someone in the back said 'hey, have you noticed that Mark hasn't lost at Mania' and they made hay with it.

But however it came about, and whatever you think of it, they have a phenomenon on their hand that is more of a spectacle than their own heavyweight championship. And I may have got my MBA from the Paul Heyman Business School, but even I can tell you that you don't just give the streak away until the last possible moment. And knowing that he is legitimately working hurt gives every match that frisson of 'what if this year is it?'

Now. Let's look at the (admittedly subjective) ratings for Taker's last six Wrestlemania matches.

- 2008 v Edge (****1/4)
- 2009 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2010 v Shawn Michaels (****3/4)
- 2011 v HHH (****1/2)
- 2012 v HHH (****3/4)
- 2013 v CM Punk (****1/2)

I wish all wrestlers were that good when they're broken down and hurt. I don't agree with those ratings but I enjoyed every single match and didn't feel that Undertaker's mobility impeded the psychology or storytelling. Perhaps the younger guys carried the physicality more...but Undertaker's been like that for a long time. It wasn't him that went off the cell roof, remember?

Donning my Fantasy Booker Hat (earned at the Vince Russo School of Booking) I would eventually book Undertaker to lose at Wrestlemania. I don't know who because we don't know when he's ready to retire. There's no point in having shine if you can't allow someone else a rub.

But the streak far from 'sucks'. It's a moment or thing in the industry that has transcended into the public consciousness like Hulkamania, the Ultimate Warrior, The Rock or Darren Drozdov. They are unwriteable, they cannot be designed, like all the best things in the business.

Even if The Streak should not end, there is no point in Taker continuing to wrestle every year.

After the match at WM26 Career vs Streak, there is nobody that can make me believe the streak will end.

Not Rock, not Brock and certainly not Cena.

Triple H is the guy who is going to take over WWE, maybe he was able to end the streak.

In Taker's DVDs, he says the nicest things about Hunter, he said that if he had to start a wrestling company with one person, that one person would be Hunter, he has tons of respect and admiration to Hunter so Triple H was really the LAST guy that could make you think the streak will end.

If you don't care then why the long rant?

And oh look, the classic overuse of the word "bury". Losing to Taker doesn't bury anyone, (except when he does it literally :p) we expect him to win and don't see his opponent any less after their match. If anything they always come out better since despite losing they just had a huge showing in a main event caliber match, in which taker always tries to make the other guy look good.

It's not even a ego thing either, he was willing to let Orton go over during their WM match, but Orton declined out of respect. And they've also figured out a while ago that it's what the people wants, sure this obviously doesn't apply to you but the streak gives another special reason to watch WM, despite it's obvious outcome.

Now obviously father time is catching up to him, and he'll be retiring soon enough, this year could very well be his last. So you won't have to "suffer" that much longer.

Who will be the biggest draw at Wrestlemania this year?

Who has been the biggest draw at Wrestlemania in the past 5 years or so?

None of what you said can change the fact that The Undertaker sells more tickets than their own champion. No matter how much you think he sucks, The Streak has been the most fascinating part of Wrestlemania and has been for a long time. Who cares if we all know Undertaker will win? That's not the point. The point is WWE accidentally started something fresh- a huge undefeated streak on their grandest stage, and continue to make money because of it. In 10 years nobody is going to give a shit that The Miz defeated John Cena to retain the belt, or that Trips and Y2J fought over a dog, but people will remember that The Undertaker was never defeated there.

Undertaker wrestles what? Once a year? Not really Hulk Hogan, is he?

Even if The Streak should not end, there is no point in Taker continuing to wrestle every year.

After the match at WM26 Career vs Streak, there is nobody that can make me believe the streak will end.

Not Rock, not Brock and certainly not Cena.

Triple H is the guy who is going to take over WWE, maybe he was able to end the streak.

In Taker's DVDs, he says the nicest things about Hunter, he said that if he had to start a wrestling company with one person, that one person would be Hunter, he has tons of respect and admiration to Hunter so Triple H was really the LAST guy that could make you think the streak will end.

THis is maybe so, but you have somewhat overstated things by saying 'The Streak sucks' when what you mean is 'The Streak has possibly run its course and has trodden on where I am supposed to suspend my disbelief in fake fighting'.

I genuinely believe Undertaker is a company man to the very end, and though he will have a say in who he sees the lights for, I believe he will indeed ignite a new star by taking the 1-2-3. I mean, he feuded with Maven ffs.

Who has been the biggest draw at Wrestlemania in the past 5 years or so?

Hmmm The Rock.

The Rock was certainly the biggest draw of WM27, 28 and probably WM29.

WM26 main evented by The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels / Streak vs Career, probably the biggest match in Taker's career and WM26 failed to reach over 1 million ppv buyrates.

The 3 next WMs, The Rock was there, all 3 WrestleMania's reached over 1 million PPV buyrates.

Please tell me you're trolling.

The Undertaker doesn't participate in Mania because he feels he has something to prove, he's stated in past interviews that he feels he would let Vince down if he turned down the opportunity. Given the fact that Vince won't do a damn thing for you if you don't draw, its easy to say that Vince knows what we all know: the "streak" match is one of the main WM attractions. If you think about this year's card, its the only match worth watching (Taker vs Lesnar). The streak match isn't about wins and loses, its about telling a story in the ring, something Taker has always been able to do regardless of his age. Randy Orton was supposed to end the streak back in Wrestlemania 21, but it makes no sense to have someone end the streak so late into Taker's career. Realistically he has to have less than 5 Mania's left in him, why toss away such a perfect record to Rock and Cena who don't need it, or Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan, who despite being fan favorites are no where near important enough to end the streak. Basically kid, you don't know the business. Wrestling isn't tailor made for your personal tastes, its supposed to reach a larger target audience. I'm not a huge Daniel Bryan fan, but I would never suggest that he should retire because I personally don't like him, especially knowing that he's a major draw to the company. My advice is take a piss break if his matches bother you so much, because Taker is a Wrestlemania staple and hes not going anywhere anytime soon.

I wouldn't say this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on the forum, but it's pretty damn close, with some statements in particular standing out as beyond asinine.

The Undertaker sucks.

While that old washed up has been bald fat@$$ has yet to show up this year but in my opinion I think that he absolutely sucks.

He flat out sucks.

Yeah, you're not proving anything here at all. You're just saying that he sucks throughout this passage and insulting him for being out of shape. There's no way anyone at the age of 48 (soon to be 49) is going to be the peak of their physical form, especially if they've been wrestling for 30 years, with nearly 25 of those years in WWF/E, and while he may be more brittle after those 30 years, he's certainly still able to go in that ring and put on 4-5 star quality matches if asked to.

Other than that, you're just saying "he sucks", and telling us to take your word, so I see no need to address this.

The thing that is really iritating is that he has NOTHING left to prove, he is 48 years old, he should retire.

Actually, he has a streak to defend that can be used to give up and comers rubs regardless whether they win or lose, or to put on highly anticipated matches with other superstars. Who cares if he has nothing to prove, he's still an incredibly vital asset to the company and a massive draw.

Every year it's the same boring story with Taker, there is 0 predictability to his matches, we all know that the streak will NEVER end.

Wrong. The Streak could end at any time, which is what keeps us watching. Even the matches where the streak ending wasn't in the equation could still be considered excellent matches and having great moments. The only one in recent history that sucked on both counts was the Mark Henry match at WM22. Other than that, the matches either had people of the same calibre as Taker, someone that could be given a massive rub by ending the streak, or a compelling storyline that could make you at least question the streak. Who's to say Taker doesn't give Reigns, the ultimate record breaker a rub in the future?

Records are meant to be broken, imagine what would ending the streak would mean to a young guy like Roman Reigns or even Daniel Bryan.

I am in the opinion that the Streak shouldn't end, so I disagree with this point, respectively however (for not being one of your awful points, which we'll get to in a minute)

To call the man that breaks the streak an incredible high risk is an understatement. What if said man decides to jump on board TNA if he feels he has achieved all that he needs to do in WWE? What if he gets critically injured? What if he gets fired? WWE would need to put an unfathomable amount of stock (even more so than John Cena) to have someone break the Streak. That's the only reason Orton didn't break the streak in 2005: WWE didn't want him too. Even Undertaker wanted to put Orton over. If we look now, Orton still has an established career in WWE regardless, but he's also been a hazard, being on the cusp of being fired a few times now. The feud itself turned Orton into a star in 2005, whereas he would have just have very little to do if the Heidenreich/Snitsky match went down (Jesus Christ, that would have been BAD). He didn't have to end the streak to have an established career. The same will go with Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan.

I wouldn't be vehemently against the streak ending. However, I think it's best that it shouldn't. Taker should defend his streak for quarter of a century, before calling it quits personally. A rub to the guys like Bryan and Reigns would be outstanding for their careers, but a massive, massive risk.

Not to mention, WWE would lose a powerful Wrestlemania draw if they ended it randomly.

Taker marks are so p@thetic, they go crazy when people say this guy should end the streak or this guy should end the streak.

Yeah, if it's someone like Ryback who deserves nothing more than a pre-show match this year or a battle royale appearance perhaps.

Now we get to one of the bad ones.

It won't stop on one wrestler, not Hogan, not Austin, not Rock and certainly not Taker.

:icon_neutral:

So why not make the most of Taker while he is still reasonably fit and can put on matches of excellent quality every year? Taker won't be wrestling forever, or even much longer to be blunt because of his injuries. Why cut it short while he can still go? Why not make the most of him, because that's what a business should do?

This however, takes the cake as one of the most stupid things I have ever read in my life.

He's not helping the business in any way, right now he is a cancer to wrestling.

Good fucking grief. Good fucking grief.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Undertaker, one of the most successful wrestlers of all time, a man still capable of putting on matches of excellent quality, a man who has the mystique that he had when he debuted, perhaps more than ever, and most importantly, the man who draws a massive share of the Wrestlemania viewers by defending the streak is a CANCER to wrestling?

This point is a cancer to this entire forum to be honest.

The Undertaker got a huge opportunity to end his career at WM28 with a record of 20-0 at WrestleMania. Now he has an even better opportunity to end his career 22-0 at WMXXX.

No disrespect to Triple H, but do you REALLY want the streak to end with a THIRD rematch with him, after having a previous match with him the previous year?

I also don't see the purpose of ending at Wrestlemania 30. Wrestlemania 30 may be an anniversary show, but if Taker's streak is ending, the show should be focused on an anniversary of Taker's streak, not Wrestlemania in general.

They should just get it over with Taker vs Cena and Taker retires. Why do they keep postponing this match?

I don't know, maybe because Taker hasn't made it clear that he wants to retire yet to anyone? What's more, yes, Cena and Taker should be the final Taker match imo, but there's a reason WWE are saving it, because they also want it to be the final match.

That's why it works maybe? Hogan and Andre had been built up for an incredibly long time, and that was probably the most well known wrestling match of all time. Taker and Cena could possibly reach that level because of that alone, and has a far greater chance of being a well wrestled match because of it.

Many Cena haters hate Cena a lot to the point that they think he'll end the streak but the truth is he won't.
I think Cena will probably kick out of 2 or 3 tombstones in Taker's last match and the crowd will exaggerate like a bunch of crazed manchilds and pretend like The Streak is going to end and it isn't the most predictable thing in the world just like they did last year and just like they will do this year with his match against Brock.

Actually, there's a good chance Cena COULD end the streak.

Think about it, Cena's entire gimmick is to rise against the odds and to prove the doubters wrong. Cena has a good chance to end the streak, far more than anyone else personally. If WWE want Cena to be bigger than Hogan (let's face it, Hogan and Austin are both bigger stars than Cena), that would be the icing on the cake. I'd probably be initially pissed if Cena won the match, but I'd eventually accept it and to say the man doesn't deserve it is sheer idiocy.

Also, Cena has a hell of a larger chance to beat the streak than Punk or Lesnar. Don't even try to use that argument.

I don't think Brock Lesnar has any chance of ending the streak, it's typical of Taker, he couldn't let it go.

He put over Brock Lesnar in 2002 and now he wants to bury him, he couldn't let it go.

Another cretinous point. Taker is putting people over just by wrestling them at Wrestlemania. Hell, he gave Ambrose a massive rub by just wrestling him on Smackdown. To suggest that he's burying Lesnar is absolutely absurd.

As for Lesnar ending the streak, no he probably won't. But the question is, how will Taker stop Lesnar, the MMA champion a few years back, and the monster that dispatched Big Show with ease. That's common psychology and that's what will get most people to watch the match with much anticipation.

-Paul Heyman will say something about Lesnar beating Hunter and Punk, the 2 guys who Taker defeated the last 3 years.

WrestleMania: Lesnar beats up Taker the entire match, lots of false finishes, Taker wins.

Your fantasy booking sucks too.

As a guy who attends WrestleMania for the last couple of years, I have 0 interest in seeing Taker taking 20-30 minutes from WrestleMania to his ego.

Oh piss off. Taker doesn't have to give these people a match at all. We've established that regardless of who wins, the opponent gets to look good in losing.

Punk carried Taker, it was just an embarassment seeing Taker last year, he didn't do ANYTHING memorable.

Punk carried him in the entire feud and the match, taker only said his generic "I'm gonna hurt you" WTF is this lame $#!t?

Lesnar this year will also carry Taker this year to a great match, all of Lesnar matches have been great.

You clearly don't understand the concept of the Undertaker character then. Taker doesn't have to say much at all. His presence alone speaks more words than any Punk promo could. What's more, he didn't even have to say much more. Punk and Heyman insulted a man who had passed away recently and a man Taker held dear to him for many years and Taker was pissed off to say the least.

As for the match, it was an excellent match as you said. But to suggest Punk carried it is absurd. Watch the match again more closely, and you'll understand. That is, if you have the perception skills.

Taker feuded with the shield, daniel bryan took the pin on raw in a 6 man tag match then Taker gave the shield their first loss on Smackdown then they beat him up after the match, I guess that's putting them over.

Glad to see you have some common sense, little as it may be.

I guess for Taker marks, it's ok for Taker to come back and bury everyone, he's becoming like Hogan and Flair but the difference is when those guys came back, they were in the mid-card and putting talents over not like Taker, taking a 20-30 minute match at every WrestleMania.

:lmao:

So Hogan and Flair were putting talent over in random matches that will be not be as remembered as an excellent match Undertaker had with X opponent at Wrestlemania? Where the match is more special because Taker tends to fight only once a year?

Even in your own warped logic, you make no sense.

Taker can bury every young talent, he should come back for the next 50 years and beat everyone who becomes a star because it's an "honour" and a "privilege" for anyone to be facing the Holy Taker.

Your sarcasm skills suck too.

Imagine if Hogan kept coming back at WrestleMania, if he beat Austin at WM13 or Rock at WM15 because it's an "honour" for them to be facing Hogan.

If it wasn't one sided like most of Starcade 97's match with Sting, then yeah, it would be a great benefit if those guys got to go all out and have an excellent match.

Depends on the opponent.

I don't care if the streak ends or not, all I want is just for Taker to retire this year.

Suit yourself. I want to get the most out of the Undertaker while we still can.

I have no interest in seeing Cena vs Taker because we all know that the undertaker will win, I also think that Taker vs Bryan or Taker vs Reigns should NOT happen if Taker is winning.

I've talked about this already, so scroll up.

In conclusion/Tl;dr, you're an idiot who doesn't understand the concept of a wrestling business and rubs.

I'm not a huge Daniel Bryan fan, but I would never suggest that he should retire because I personally don't like him, especially knowing that he's a major draw to the company. My advice is take a piss break if his matches bother you so much, because Taker is a Wrestlemania staple and hes not going anywhere anytime soon.

Who takes a pi$$ break for 30 minutes? Taker is taking 30 minutes of the biggest wrestling event in history for a storyline (The Streak) that has been extremely overdone, extremely predictable and extremely annoying.

Also, Bryan isn't 48 years old and he doesn't look like he's 60 years old like Grampa Taker.

In conclusion/Tl;dr, you're an idiot who doesn't understand the concept of a wrestling business and rubs.

I do understand the concept of a wrestling business. I also understand bringing a guy who is 48 years old every year to WIN a 20-30 minute match is BAD for business.

Either he beats a current full-time guy or a part timer who gained some momentum by beating a full-time guy.

In both cases, the guys who are working 300+ days a year are taking a backseat to a 48 year old man who doesn't know when to retire and just comes back for one match and gets a huge paycheck to spend it on his bimb0 wife.

I do understand the concept of a wrestling business. I also understand bringing a guy who is 48 years old every year to WIN a 20-30 minute match is BAD for business.

Either he beats a current full-time guy or a part timer who gained some momentum by beating a full-time guy.

In both cases, the guys who are working 300+ days a year are taking a backseat to a 48 year old man who doesn't know when to retire and just comes back for one match and gets a huge paycheck to spend it on his bimb0 wife.

No, you clearly don't as you don't know how to use not only an excellent wrestler, but a phenomenal draw effectively.

With the part timers, he puts on matches of excellent quality, and the feuds are of an excellent quality also. It's good for Taker to be beating these guys, but more if the Streak survives than not, they would be engraved in history which is also of good to him. Would anyone remember Giant Gonzales if he didn't compete with Taker at Wrestlemania? As much as most of these matches sucked, KA-Train and arguably Big Boss Man and King Kong Bundy will also be remembered more as a Wrestlemania opponent for Taker than anything else they had accomplished in their careers. I'm not saying Lesnar or Rock will be in that same boat at all, but to be apart of that piece of WWE history is a great thing.

As for the full timers, they also get their names in the history book as well, and the fact that they even get to have a match with Taker (who is admittedly stingy over who he faces, but that's far from a bad thing) will help them stay relevant for a good while in recent years, Mark Henry aside (who eventually revitalized his career anyway). The Undertaker is an annually wrestling legend, and to be the one chosen for his match is a great honour. I don't see how that logic is hard to follow.

Who the fuck cares about how he uses his money? After his diligence and prosperity in the WWF/E for all these years, he deserves it, especially after putting on high quality matches annually despite being in a position to be able to retire.

You just don't get it, do you?

The anger. It seeps through you.

You're just spinning everything in a negative way, and thus to you it appears to be a problem. It is not a problem. Taker still wants to wrestle. Taker can still work a good match, and his fans still love to see him. From Vince's POV, he still draws. That's all that really matters in the grand scheme of things. The fact that you're spending so much time and energy arguing these points is indicative of how close-minded and angry you are that things aren't going your way. Insulting Taker and his wife without grounds just disproves your argument even more. Let it go and deal with it. Life is not a rainbow.

No, you clearly don't as you don't know how to use not only an excellent wrestler, but a phenomenal draw effectively.

With the part timers, he puts on matches of excellent quality, and the feuds are of an excellent quality also. It's good for Taker to be beating these guys, but more if the Streak survives than not, they would be engraved in history which is also of good to him. Would anyone remember Giant Gonzales if he didn't compete with Taker at Wrestlemania? As much as most of these matches sucked, KA-Train and arguably Big Boss Man and King Kong Bundy will also be remembered more as a Wrestlemania opponent for Taker than anything else they had accomplished in their careers. I'm not saying Lesnar or Rock will be in that same boat at all, but to be apart of that piece of WWE history is a great thing.

As for the full timers, they also get their names in the history book as well, and the fact that they even get to have a match with Taker (who is admittedly stingy over who he faces, but that's far from a bad thing) will help them stay relevant for a good while in recent years, Mark Henry aside (who eventually revitalized his career anyway). The Undertaker is an annually wrestling legend, and to be the one chosen for his match is a great honour. I don't see how that logic is hard to follow.

Who the fuck cares about how he uses his money? After his diligence and prosperity in the WWF/E for all these years, he deserves it, especially after putting on high quality matches annually despite being in a position to be able to retire.

You just don't get it, do you?

He's already had a high profile match / feud with Lesnar. Why do it again this year?

I'm a strong believer that the perfect age for retirement is in the mid-40s with exceptions of course.

But didn't you see how he looked lately? Taker looks extremely old.

Also, who is there left for Taker to face?

I would enjoy seeing The Undertaker vs The Rock. The guy who defeated the 3 faces of a generation (Hogan/Austin/Cena) at Mania vs The guy who is undefeated at Mania and Taker vs Cena would be ok, I guess.

But other than that, I really don't want to see either Reigns or Bryan or any young talent job to Taker for that matter.

He's already had a high profile match / feud with Lesnar. Why do it again this year?

I'm a strong believer that the perfect age for retirement is in the mid-40s with exceptions of course.

I would enjoy seeing The Undertaker vs The Rock. The guy who defeated the 3 faces of a generation (Hogan/Austin/Cena) at Mania vs The guy who is undefeated at Mania and Taker vs Cena would be ok, I guess.

But other than that, I really don't want to see either Reigns or Bryan or any young talent job to Taker for that matter.

Maybe because it was over 10 years ago and Lesnar is considered a bigger deal now, especially considering his MMA accomplishments?

Yeah, and Taker is an exception to this rule because he can still go in the ring and still put on high quality matches. His bald haircut is dumb to be honest, but if he can still be intimidating and put on good matches, it's really a nitpick.

Seriously, Reigns and Bryan JOBBING to the Undertaker? They'll look like stars, just like Punk did in his match against Taker. Sure, they might not draw as much as Rock or Cena, but they'll certainly get enough of a boost to perhaps draw to those levels in the future.

Yeah, you don't get it. At all.

How can you still say its jobbing if everyone just explained how much of an honor it is to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If anything, I personally think Bryan vs Taker would be a very memorable match, but what do I know :shrug:

Maybe because it was over 10 years ago and Lesnar is considered a bigger deal now, especially considering his MMA accomplishments?

Yeah, and Taker is an exception to this rule because he can still go in the ring and still put on high quality matches. His bald haircut is dumb to be honest, but if he can still be intimidating and put on good matches, it's really a nitpick.

Seriously, Reigns and Bryan JOBBING to the Undertaker? They'll look like stars, just like Punk did in his match against Taker. Sure, they might not draw as much as Rock or Cena, but they'll certainly get enough of a boost to perhaps draw to those levels in the future.

Yeah, you don't get it. At all.

Oh I get it.

You want every guy who becomes a star to job to The Undertaker.

The Rock and John Cena are the only two who should have a shot at the streak (after Lesnar this year) unless Taker wants Bryan or Reigns to end his streak

How can you still say its jobbing if everyone just explained how much of an honor it is to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If anything, I personally think Bryan vs Taker would be a very memorable match, but what do I know :shrug:

Enough with the cr@p.

It's not an "honor". Taker should either put over a young talent or face Rock/Cena at Mania.

He should NOT beat Reigns or Bryan.

Oh I get it.

You want every guy who becomes a star to job to The Undertaker.

The Rock and John Cena are the only two who should have a shot at the streak (after Lesnar this year) unless Taker wants Bryan or Reigns to end his streak

What the fuck are you talking about?

I never said they should job to The Undertaker. In fact, I made it quite clear that Reigns and Bryan should be made to look like STARS against Taker, and showcase everything they are capable of, and by doing this, they look strong in defeat, and get a rub in defeat.

Taker should be using the last 2 victories of his streak to give rubs to the right people, before going out with a bang against Cena personally. Reigns and Bryan don't lose any credibility in losing to the phenomenal power that is the Streak; in fact they'll be made to look great in defeat, as I've said. Don't throw the age argument in, because The Streak has existed as a big thing far longer than Bryan and Reigns have even been in the WWE, hell before Reigns even begun to wrestle.

You've insulted my intelligence to the level which I'm seething with rage quite frankly.

I think the real question should be:

What would be more memorable in 10 years, The Undertaker's undefeated streak or the person who defeats the streak?

I think we need to all agree that whoever does it needs to be a young talent with TONS of potential and loyalty. The Rock is not going to do it. It needs to be someone with something to gain. It needs to be someone who is willing to probably be a major heel for the rest of their career. If Randy Orton was 23 today, he would be the guy. It would have worked if his character came in a decade later, as the "legend killer".

And on the flip side, would Undertaker losing at his last Wrestlemania tarnish his legacy? Would it actually tarnish anything? Would we sit back 10 years from now and not think AS highly as him because he lost his last match and began a major career push for a specific talent? I think Undertaker's Wrestlemania career is already legendary and nothing will ever tarnish what he has accomplished, no matter if he wins 6 more or loses next year.

So yes, I think when his time comes and it will be his last match, I think he should lose, but go out with his last bit of an incredible match (like he's done every year). But this will require INCREDIBLE writing from WWE creative. They cannot fuck this up. They cannot let the loss go down as forgetful. They cannot blow it on the wrong talent.

And the bottom line is, in the next few years if they don't think there is another life-long WWE talent willing to do it and master this story, they should not end it for shits and giggles.

The Undertaker sucks.

He flat out sucks.

What about him specifically pisses you off? Personally I think Taker is awesome. I'll admit I am a bit of a Taker mark but seriously what specifically pisses you off about him?

You're right, he has nothing left to prove and can retire whenever he wants. With that said from Wrestlemania's 25-28 he did have the match of the year outside of Wrestlemania 27. He proves he can still put on a good match with good storytelling so why should he retire?

That's true but how is that Takers fault? It's not his fault WWE can't find a legitimate threat to his streak.

You don't want to waste breaking the streak on just anyone, you want to give it to a person who A) Needs it and B) Someone you know who won't squander away the momentum given by ending the streak. Roman Reigns at this point seems like he will be big money but it's just potential at this point, in 6 months we could all be singing a very different tune. Daniel Bryan would make more sense but since he got over as big as he did (even shit booking couldn't keep him down) he doesn't really need the win against Taker. Bryan needs to beat Triple H at this point but not Taker.

This Taker mark is telling you I don't care if someone ends the streak, doesn't mean shit to me. If they do end it though I hope they pick the right person to end it, unfortunately that's a tall order.

Of course they will, why would they stop because of anyone? If they can survive Hogan leaving in '93 and getting murdered business wise in '96-97 they can survive anything.

A lot of people buy Wrestlemania to watch the Undertaker match so yeah he is helping business and is far from a cancer (although some of those pics you posted make it look like he has cancer).

But people also want to see him face Lesnar. Why not just wait until next year and retire and get 2 big paydays off of Taker before he leaves?

Even if he does why does it matter? Is Taker not worthy of beating Cena at Wrestlemania?

If the majority of fans are into the match then who the fuck cares?

So Lesnar losing to Taker is because Taker is some power hungry maniac and he can't let go of losing the streak? Where the fuck do you come up with this stuff?

As long as the program is good who cares? Unpredictability doesn't equal a good program. As long as the program is fun to watch and the match is good (which most likely will be) why does it matter if Taker beats Lesnar? Lesnar isn't some full time guy who needs to beat Taker, it would be a complete waste for Lesnar to beat him.

That's fine but you are discrediting all the people who do have interest in seeing Taker at Mania, and there's a lot of people who do.

His match with Lesnar will be great, his match with Punk wasn't that good.

Punk carried Taker my ass. That was the worst Mania match Taker had since he faced Mark Henry at Wrestlemania 22. Batista, Edge, HBK and HHH all gave Taker MUCH better matches than Punk did.

Punk carried no one in that feud, don't complain about Taker marks when you're acting like a big Punk mark. Also Taker doesn't say much as that's what his character entails. Do you expect Taker to give some eloquent promo that completely goes against everything he would normally do?

Lesnar's feud with Triple H calls you a liar.

You know The Shield did beat the team Taker was on right?

Who has Taker buried? Do you know what buried means? Losing to Taker doesn't mean they were buried.

Most wrestlers would tell you it IS a privilege wrestling Taker. And once again where do you get this asinine idea that Taker has been burying the roster left, right and center? That's a pretty good trick for a guy who wrestles a maximum of 3 times a year.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Just because you don't like Taker doesn't mean others don't. WWE caters to the masses, not a single fan who doesn't have a clue.

Worst case scenario you see 2-3 more Taker matches, just change the channel when he's on if he bothers you so much.

Taker vs. Bryan or Reigns probably won't happen. Taker vs. Cena would be an awesome match, as long as we get that why does it matter if Taker wins especially against a guy who, like Taker, has nothing left to prove?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back