Why R-Truth?!

OldSchoolWrestlingFan

Pre-Show Stalwart
Why does WWE feel the need to place R-Truth in the midst of the I.C. Title picture after being irrelevant for months maybe even years!?

Is it simply because we live in such a PC world that there needs to be "diverse representation"?!

Why not? The title itself has been irrelevant for months or years as well. The guy can go and he's pretty funny. I personally can't stand the 'What's up?' stuff but aside from that, he's gold. The bit about the spiders during the KotR tournament was great. Besides, it's not like he has a chance in hell of winning the belt, at least not anytime soon, but he's been built up a bit recently to the point of where he can at least be considered a viable contender.

When you have matches like EC or ladder matches, you need wrestlers to take bumps and to help with the "oh shit" moments. Besides he was in the title picture going into WM where Daniel Bryan won it. So its not a big deal to thrown him into one of these scrum type matches

He's entertaining, a solid worker, has EC experience and has been in the IC mix for a while. Makes perfect sense for him to be in there.

I knew I wasn't going to be the only person who would ask such question. But I thought talking about R-Truth is just a disdain. I don't understand why a glorified jobber is in the title picture at the Elimination Chamber. He beat Stardust go get to that spot which is pathetic. I still don't understand why WWE goes for R-Truth over Stardust. Is there any conspiracy theory in the company that there should always be a Black guy in a Multi person competition to avoid them from being deemed as Racists? Asinine!

You know what i would love to happen, Next week on RAW Neville Challenges Truth backstage for the Spot, Truth Reluctantly accepts and they have the match minutes later, Neville beats Truth with a Roll Up, Truth gets pissed and Snaps Shades of Morrison Truth Feud, Truth goes crazy and destroys Neville, Truth Goes on to feud with Neville after EC, I honestly loved truth as a Heel and i would love it of he would go back to Crazy Heel Truth. Whatyall think.

I would love heel crazy truth back. Awesome idea. As for the thread I am sure truth is in the match because he is black. I think he has the talent to b in the I.c. title pitcher but based on resent history shouldn't be there now. Was hoping the chamber would b the main event and wwe belt not on ppv but o well

I would love heel crazy truth back. Awesome idea. As for the thread I am sure truth is in the match because he is black. I think he has the talent to b in the I.c. title pitcher but based on resent history shouldn't be there now. Was hoping the chamber would b the main event and wwe belt not on ppv but o well

Agreed.

Heel Crazy Truth is a star. Face rapping truth is not. R-Truth looks out of place in the IC Title picture to me. Maybe I could've seen it in the two world titles era. But not now with one world title and main event level talents chasing after the midcard belts.

Guys like R-Truth would benefit from a Television Title, something for guys who are good enough to have their work rewarded, but will never be upper midcard material because there are too many better/more established guys in their way.

Even if the Intercontinental Champion were still losing matches every week, R-Truth is still a step down from previous champions like Barrett, DZiggler, and The Miz. Him even being in the match goes against the idea of trying to "elevate" it back to its former glory.

You know what i would love to happen, Next week on RAW Neville Challenges Truth backstage for the Spot, Truth Reluctantly accepts and they have the match minutes later, Neville beats Truth with a Roll Up, Truth gets pissed and Snaps Shades of Morrison Truth Feud, Truth goes crazy and destroys Neville, Truth Goes on to feud with Neville after EC, I honestly loved truth as a Heel and i would love it of he would go back to Crazy Heel Truth. Whatyall think.

Y'know, actually not that bad of an idea. Truth could have one last hurrah as a "serious competitor" and Neville could go over in a unique feud. I wouldn't really want to see Truth start another big push or anything, but it would be very cool to see him do his thing one last time. Neville needs to keep evolving on the main roster and a heel Truth (and Little Jimmy) may be able to help him do that.

As for Truth in the match at this point... yeah it doesn't make much sense. People can try and justify it all they want but there are MUCH better options than Truth out there. One being the man mentioned above... Neville. How about Stardust? Wyatt? No let's put the guy who rarely appears on TV and hasn't had a legitimate feud in over a year. They used to do the same kind of crap with Santino and I absolutely hated it.

I'd be perfectly fine with R-Truth being in the title scene if he turned heel. He can be very entertaining and does have a charismatic personality, even though I think the "What's up!" chants have gotten stale. I can't decide whether he still is a good wrestler, as his matches tend to be very short- even when he wins.

I remember him when he first appeared as K-Kwic. At the time I thought he was amazingly athletic, but not very interesting. Unfortunately, by the time he became interesting, it seems like his body had worn down. Nevertheless, I still think Stardust should be going over Truth right now.

It is probably to protect Neville. He is getting a pretty solid push right now, so I can see where the arguments can be made that he deserves to be in the chamber, especially with his ability to pull off some eye popping spots.

I simply think that with five guys having to take falls in this match, they don't want Neville to lose and not have a way to protect him. Someone earlier mentioned they are already going to have to try to protect guys like Sheamus and Rusev, trying to throw Neville into that mix of protected finishes may prove too much and take away from match quality.

Truth can take a clean fall and it not hurt his momentum.

There is also the possibility that there is something to the knee injury he apparently suffered at Payback and they played up on Raw.

Why does WWE feel the need to place R-Truth in the midst of the I.C. Title picture after being irrelevant for months maybe even years!?

Is it simply because we live in such a PC world that there needs to be "diverse representation"?!
You hit the nail on the head. It's ridiculous, K-Kwik sucks and is a has been/neverwas. This is basically wrestling affirmative action, like when he won the TNA title to attract blacks away from WWE. He does not belong in the IC scene. Have him become a PTP to feud with New Day.

I'm not surprised to see Truth in this match. He's the type of wrestler on the roster they use for filler when they need someone. He was in the ladder match at Mania, never had a chance to win, and now he's in there again. And like last time, he has no chance of winning. It's like wash, rinse and repeat with this guy.

Don't actually mind Truth. He's a big imposing guy who if let loose could do probably do some serious damage to an opponent. The WWE will never let that happen though, and the boat has most likely sailed on any title runs he might have had. He's entertaining and using him to throw a wrench into the works is okay with me. Should Neville have been put into the match, probably, but he wasn't and his time will come.

I don't think they feel the need to "diversify" the match up as much as they need another competitor for the match up. When you really glance into the mid card right now here are your options:

Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Dolph Ziggler
Rusev
Ryback
Neviel
R - Truth
Stardust

and really that is it. Harper/Rowan have formed an alliance, Adrian and Bo Dallas seem to be starting a feud, Daniels out injured, and there aren't any other guys to be in the mid card right now.

Stardust is a horrid character that Cody is trying to make the best out of. If you ask me who'd I rather be in the match R - Truth or freaking Stardust, I'd take Truth.

If Cody Rhodes were around instead of Stardust than I am sure Truth would not even be in the match.

Nah. It's more the "good soldier" reward system at work.

When Ron Killings returned to WWE from TNA, I think he wanted to make money toward his imminent retirement....although I admit he's lasted longer than I thought he would. The agreement was probably that he'd earn his salary essentially by jobbing, with a few mini-pushes as a reward for good performance.

He had that "run" at the world title (with "run" in parentheses because we knew he wasn't actually going to wear the belt) and now, since a considerable amount of time has gone by since his heel turn, R-Truth is due to see some success as a face.

It won't last long; perhaps no longer than this one PPV match....but he's fun, he's entertaining, and he can still work. Plus, as much as some of the folks who posted in this topic tell us they're sick of the "What's up" schtick, the fans still seem to love it......and anything that garners audience participation is worth continuing in today's WWE.

If it means occasionally thrusting it's originator to the forefront to keep it alive......so be it.

I think R-truth is in this match to help push other wrestlers he is just a filler. He is a decent wrestler who gets the fans going with his "what's up" chant, and just like Dolph or Ryback it won't hurt him if he loses. Neville will get his chance but not right now and not at the expense of a push for Rusev or Barrett. I think one of those two will win the IC title. Whoever does win the other will be a possible MITB winner.

I'd rather Jack Swagger be in the E.C than Truth. He wins more matches and is presented as a much stronger wrestler. Also, he's a better in-ring performer....

Speaking of which, where is Swagger? *looks at Main Event* Oh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back