Why not Neville?

BRAT

Dark Match Winner
The competitors of the EC are King Barrett,R-truth, Rusev, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback and even though I believe that it will be a good match, I can't understand why Neville isn't part of it.

I was looking forward to the EC intercontinental match, mostly because Neville would do some high flying moves and steal the show. However, the genius creative team chose R-Truth over The man that gravity forgot and I don't see the reason why because Truth has zero momentum and Neville has been in the mid card scene for some months now.

Do you agree? Who would you prefer?

Well, it seems like Bo and Neville are going to feud now, right? This seems lame at first, but at least we'll get to see Neville's brilliance in a one on one match as opposed to being lost in the shuffle along 5 others.

I think the answer here is simple...

In the chamber the five losers will have to eat a pin, and considering some of the guys included, some of those pinfall eliminations are going to need to be protected. If reports that Sheamus is the likely winner are true, that leaves Rusev and Ryback as two guys that the agents are going to have to find a way to protect when eating a pin. Neville has been another guy who so far has been protected on most of his losses. Including him would create an even more delicate dance when designing the match.

Neville would make the match more entertaining, but logistically its easier to include Truth, who can be easily dispatched at any point by any of the other five men involved.

You know what i would love to happen, Next week on RAW Neville Challenges Truth backstage for the Spot, Truth Reluctantly accepts and they have the match minutes later, Neville beats Truth with a Roll Up, Truth gets pissed and Snaps Shades of Morrison Truth Feud, Truth goes crazy and destroys Neville, Truth Goes on to feud with Neville after EC, I honestly loved truth as a Heel and i would love it of he would go back to Crazy Heel Trut. Tell me what yall think.

The competitors of the EC are King Barrett,R-truth, Rusev, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback and even though I believe that it will be a good match, I can't understand why Neville isn't part of it.

I was looking forward to the EC intercontinental match, mostly because Neville would do some high flying moves and steal the show. However, the genius creative team chose R-Truth over The man that gravity forgot and I don't see the reason why because Truth has zero momentum and Neville has been in the mid card scene for some months now.

Do you agree? Who would you prefer?

R-Truth is a veteran with Elimination Chamber experience who always delivers in the ring. Neville is an untested rookie who's had a handful of matches on the main roster. There's literally no reason R-Truth shouldn't have gotten that spot over Neville.

I thought Neville would be good for some spots in the EC, but as he is quite over they're trying to use him to help Bo Dallas get heat. Dunno if itll work but it's worth a try as I dont think Bo Dallas is completely useless like they've made him look thus far

It's strange because Neville has won enough credible wins that he does deserve the spot. On the other hand, EC seems like it would limit his style somewhat. Sometimes I wonder if R-Truth is on his way to retirement, so WWE is giving his career one last gasp of air before he fades away. Nevertheless, he is still quite irrelevant. At least when Cody was put in the Wrestlemania match, he was coming off a semi-important feud. While it's easy to criticize WWE for this, I will probably make my final judgement when the dust settles.

Maybe WWE has some grand plans for Truth and this is just the first chapter. Or maybe he will become a jobber again. Maybe WWE lacks faith in Neville, which is why he's feuding with Bo Dallas apparently (Hulu isn't acknowledging it, so I don't know what's going on). Or maybe WWE is using Neville to rebuild Bo. Who knows...

I mentioned it in the other thread asking pretty much this question, but there may be something to the knee injury they played up on Raw. Maybe they are playing it safe with him in case something really is wrong with his knee.

Neville would make the match more entertaining, but logistically its easier to include Truth, who can be easily dispatched at any point by any of the other five men involved.

I agree. Further, it could be that the Creative staff is being logical, for once. We often complain the storylines don't make sense but in this case, would it be right for a rookie to beat all those veteran contenders and take the IC title so early in his career?

After all, it's not as if Neville has been on a Goldberg-type run in which he's won 26,000 matches in a row and comes off as unbeatable. In fact, he's suffered several clean pinfall losses already. As far as I'm concerned, his character development is being realistically written as he suffers from the same early career maladies that we see in rookies from other professional sports.

I think it's all terrific and will make his ultimate success that much sweeter and more realistic. But for the same reasons, I can see not including him in the EC match for the IC title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back