Neville Injured

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE has officially confirmed that Neville did suffer legit injury during his match with Chris Jericho last night on Raw. WWE's Dr. Chris Amann told WWE.com that Neville suffered an ankle injury that was verified as a fracture and that further testing would be done this week to determine if surgery was necessary. The injury happened as a result of a very common, very simple, very often used move: a baseball slide.

The injury bug strikes again in WWE. Gotta feel bad for Neville because this will almost certainly keep him out of WrestleMania as it's only 19 days off. Based on how things were looking, and based on various reports, I'm guessing that Neville was going to be added to the Intercontinental Championship ladder match that's said to be taking place. While highly unlikely Neville would've come out the winner, his presence is said match is self-explanatory: he'd have been counted on to deliver some amazing looking spots.

I turned off Raw just as this match started and then I saw on here this morning that he got injured. I thought to myself: "well what spot did he try this time?" I find it quite surprising that it was such a simple move. Accidents happen though. Apparently RVD injured himself the same way.

Neville is one of my favorites to watch so this is another tough break (no pun intended).

I re-watched the video from the time he got hurt and found it interesting.... so the ref asks him and apparently doesn't get the Neville is hurt... but Jericho knows, so he goes for quick roll up to end match and the ref "only counts to 2" because he's still thinking of the scripted ending...

at which point, Jericho shoves him and appears to look genuinely angry and says "he's f***ing injured"... this leads to the quick disqualification.... announce team was in shock and didn't really know how to frame it...

it was obvious Jericho knew right away he was hurt and was doing anything in his power to end the match quickly.

It just goes to show how insanely dangerous their job is. These performers have to train their bodies to endure seemingly simple things like running the ropes and taking a body slam. It's like a more PG version of Louie CK's SNL monologue; being a prowrestler must be amazing if they're willing to risk injury and then keep coming back every time they get injured and heal.

It's a damn shame that Neville will likely not be bringing his style of performing to WrestleMania, but I'm glad that there's a very faint silver lining in that his injury doesn't sound career ending. I was hearing "His shin broke in half!" before reading the official report, so I was a little relieved to see that it was just an ankle fracture. It's a serious injury, but it wasn't that long ago that we were all cringing at the picture of Rollins' knee.

I'm selfish, I hope this means they scrap the idea of more participants in the IC title match and we just get Owens v's. Zayn.

Shame about Neville though. He's cool.

As I said in the LD, its clear even God is admonishing the WWE for not simply going with Zayn vs Owens, as the clear direction would dictate.

Out of all the crazy shit Neville does, it was this that did him in. True shame, hopefully he goes back to NXT when he returns.

Poor Neville. He looked legitimately hurt last night. He tried to stand to continue but could not get up. Hell, one ref during the backstage brawl between TripleH & Reigns got hurt as well. Two people and their outcomes were played off very well. The DQ finish worked very well. It was well played on Jericho's part. The ref did a good job of hoping off camera to seek help until he could walk. I wish Neville a speedy recovery along with the ref too.

The ref was probably told one thing in his ear but Jericho made the right call. Neville got his sole caught on the canvas going into his slide and he tried to continue but couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back