Why isn't the talent in NXT booked like how they will be booked on the Main Roster?

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
Kind of a stupid question but it is one that has been on my mind for a while. First of all, I want to say that i think NXT is far superior in entertainment and wrestling then Raw and Smackdown and that I would not change a think. But people always complain how talent is booked differently and have different characters in NXT than on the main roster and I honestly agree with them.

The point of NXT is to develop talent for the Main roster but what kind of development is it if they are almost completely different on the main roster. I feel like Vince should be communicating with the head of NXT, which is Triple H and give his opinion on how he wants the talent to be so the talent can train, prepare, and DEVELOP their character so they have a better understanding of it when they are on the main roster. I give you two examples, AOP and Bobby Roode.

Example 1) If Vince's plan all along for AOP was for them to not have a manager then he should have communicated with Triple H so that the team of AOP can train and get better at Mic work so they would not be trash and lost on the main roster.

Example 2) If Vince's plan all along for Bobby Roode was for him to be a babyface because of his theme then he should have communicated with Triple H to either change the theme or to turn Bobby Roode babyface in Nxt so he can practice and develop his character to prepare for the Main Roster.

there are a ton of other examples, but what is important is that I feel like there is a lack of communication between Triple H and Vince regarding talent and I don't understand why. Vince is paying and signing these guys but it seems like he doesn't even watch or know anything about his developmental system.

I Feel that for the most part, they are getting booked the same way on the main roster but the difference is the exposure they are getting that make the difference.

One example that come to mind is shinsuke nakamura.

Shinsuke was not shown on NXT tv every week and his character was being the king of strong style but he wasn't wrestling on tv every week, so he felt special because of it. Then you took the same character but He's feature on smackdown every week and he doesn't fell as special anymore and that's where fans stop caring.

In roode's case, I fell that It's more the fans fault for the way they booked him, when he got call up, he was basicly a baby face in NXT because everybody was cheering him even if he was trying to be a heel character. So in the old days, when you had a guy that was falling as a heel, you just turn him baby face and that's exactly what happened with him. Vince probably saw a clip of one of his last match in NXT or just judge him base on the reaction he got in his debut and called a audible since he was pretty much getting a face reaction and even when he was trying to get the crowd to turn, he would fail at that so sometimes, fans reaction for mid card guys can hurt them as much as help them.

Like I wrote at the beginning of my post, I feel like the runtime of the show is hurting them more then the booking itself. NXT is a one hour show so you won't get everybody on the show every week, so thoses characters feel special because of it. Raw is 3 hours and smackdown is 2 hours, so the major characters like shinsuke, roode, Owens and balor to just name those will be on tv every week now so they lose they specialness and also give the impression that they aren't book the same way as they we're in NXT when in reality they are just continuing the same push they we're getting in NXT.

How the hell are fans to blame? They cheered Roode, so what? So cheer almost everybody there. If Vince truly watched a clip of NXT, he'd actually know Roode was a heel, because everything Roode did on NXT was be the rich egotistical asshole. Also, continuing the same push? Were Balor, Roode and Owens regularly beaten in NXT and treated like chumps? I don't remember Balor being mocked for his size or Owens being treated like a joke. I most certainly don't remember Roode giving lollipops to guys like Roderick Strong or Shinsuke having to look "mortal". In NXT, they're competitors. In the main roster, they're characters (and not the good kind).

There are some differences between the main roster and NXT. For one thing, the main roster has 5 hours of TV time to fill each week whereas NXT only has a single hour. Now, could Triple H and the NXT creative team keep the same level of quality in NXT if they had an additional hour to work with? That's one of the questions people have been asking and there's no real way of knowing unless it happens. Personally, I think the quality would still be as high but, as I said, there's no way to know. The main roster shows, Raw especially, features a lot of filler that does little more than fill up air time with a lot of "sports entertainment" style promo segments and/or matches that don't last long enough to even get out of first gear and part of that has always been the "if a little is good, then more must be better" type of thinking that Vince has always used for the main roster. It's something that he's taking to new levels when you consider how bloated the roster is and how many matches Vince wants packed into ppvs.

You also have to consider the strong possibility that Vince and Triple H are generally of two different minds and visions for WWE. Vince is a control freak of almost mythic proportions who rules the main roster with an iron fist; he controls virtually everything 95%+ of the talent can say on the mic, there are a lot of restrictions placed on the creative team because Vince no longer wants to court controversy or risk alienating people and what ultimately matters to Vince isn't necessarily that the wrestlers get over, it's that they get over within the boundaries and constraints that they have to deal with while working for his company. For instance, remember years back on the Stone Cold podcast when Vince called out Cesaro by name and said that he didn't feel Cesaro had "it" and all that "brass ring" nonsense despite the fact that lots of fans like Cesaro? Rusev Day is about to be broken up as Vince feels that the group won't be anything more than what it ultimately is despite the fact that it's over with a lot of fans and generates a lot of money via merchandise sales. In Bobby Roode's case, it doesn't really matter to Vince so much that Roode did so well in NXT as a heel. He wants Roode in the role of generally generic babyface, it's not really been working and, as a result, Roode looks to be on his way down the card as he's gone from feuding with Randy Orton & Jeff Hardy over the United States Championship to feuding with MoJo Rawley. Vince hasn't changed Roode's character, even though it wasn't really working that well with fans; Roode was saddled with the limits Vince wanted and he hasn't gotten over so, going back to the whole "brass ring" line of thinking, Vince probably feels that Roode has failed and that he failed entirely on his own merits. You also have to take into account the fact that Vince is very much into lookism, he puts a lot of stock into how a wrestler looks, the sort of figure they cut, how tall they are, how handsome their faces are, how much body fat they have, how big their muscles are, etc. and that can be enough to get you a big push. Just look at Jinder Mahal as an example because he was WWE Champion for half of last year and it certainly wasn't because of his charisma, promo skills or in-ring ability. One of the few instances in which Vince was sorta forced to change his mind had to do with Daniel Bryan as fans rallied around Bryan to such an extent that Vince had no real choice but to change the plans for WrestleMania XXX.

Triple H, on the other hand, is someone that's said to pay close attention to the reactions of the fans, who they're really into, who they're not and adjust things accordingly. If someone doesn't really seem to be connecting with fans at first, that wrestler is usually given time to flesh things out and see if fans come around. Mistakes are made, sure, as they always are but it's obvious that Triple H takes the opinion of fans into heavy consideration. There's no filler in NXT, even squash matches serve a purpose as they're used to highlight a wrestler whereas the primary reason for squash matches on the main roster is to simply fill up some air time, often with no elevation of the wrestler winning the squash. That's not always the case of course, but it is quite often. In NXT, there are no guys throwing pancakes into the crowd, no keeping heel managers in shark cages above the ring, no heavily scripted promos, etc.. In NXT, it comes off more as a "competition" rather than "entertainment." Everyone knows that it's not "real" and all that, but the wrestlers are presented as competitors rather than simply athletic actors portraying characters.

I think NXT takes a lot of the best of old school wrestling and incorporates it into the product. There's a lot more substance than style in NXT, more depth instead of flash and pomp. Would that work if applied to the larger scale of the main roster? Only one way to find out and I think the opportunity will come about. Vince is slowly, very slowly, in the process of handing over the reins of the company to Stephanie and Triple H; for instance, it's said that Stephanie and Triple H instead of Vince were the ones who negotiated the huge TV deals WWE landed from Fox and NBC Universal. I've read that Vince had nothing to do with them. Beginning in October 2019, WWE will get $235 million a year for the next 5 years from NBCUniversal to keep Raw on the USA Network while Fox will pay WWE $205 milion a year for the next 5 years to run SmackDown Live on the Fox Network. So...yeah, Trips and the Billion Dollar Princess successfully negotiated two billion dollar TV deals for WWE. If Vince truly had nothing to do with the negotiations, then that shows he has a HUGE amount of trust in Stephanie and Triple H.

I think some of you guys are missing my point. What I'm trying to say is that If Vince is wants a talent to be and act a certain way shouldn't he have input in their characters in NXT so the talent can adapt and train for the character instead of spending 2-3 years in NXT learning 1 character then getting demoted to the Main roster and Vince tells them everything you did in NXT is worthless... This is what you are doing now.

Let's take Tye dillinger for example, here a guy that was a pretty decent character in NXT but was booked as a Jobber for the Stars. You send him to the Main roster with the same cheesy gimmick and with the perception that he'S pretty much a job guy so Vince won't try to push him harder on the main just because he was over in NXT. He's going to push him the same way as they did in NXT. That's goes for Tyler Breeze and No Way Jose as well.

Has far as the Whole argument about Bobby Roode. The job of a Heel is to get booed by the crowd not cheered, If a Heel isn'T able to turn the crowd then he failed as a heel and become a babyface. That's what happened with Roode and while it's not all on the fans faults, we are partly responsible for what happened because we didn't want to accept roode as a heel even through he was doing a awesome job in that role. All we saw was how good he was in the ring and that we respected what he did for the business plus his theme song scream babyface and that didn'T help either. So i'm guessing that all of this was in the report that vince got from HHH and the trainers and they decided to go with the crowd on this one thinking that they could make money with a face Bobby roode and it backfired because he'S a better heel then face.

As for the rest of them, just rewatch how the characters we're presented in NXT and how they we're played on the main roster, for most of them, it's the same character push the same way but instead of being on tv once or twice a month, they on tv every single week and that's what hurting them in the end, the overexposure of a character. If they didn'T do a good job in NXT of creating characters that can be compelling when put in a situation of being on tv every week, then those guys have no chance in hell of staying over on the main roster.

The biggest problem with NXT is that they forgot that they we're a developmental territory first and a brand second. So they booked thoses show as a brand instead of a developmental territory and sometimes perception can hurt those guys.

I look a the current crop of NXT talent especially the main guys and girls. Johnny gargano is pretty stuck with a 205 Live spot when they call him up because he's pretty much a cruiserweight with no personality so Vince won't want him on Raw or smackdown. Tomasso Chiampa while a great heel, i'm not certain where he would go, he's a tossup between Smackdown and 205 Live. Aleister Black might get a better chance to shine on the main because of the character. The undisputed era are probably smackdown bound and might get a descent push on arrival. Ricochet is another 205 live bound guy. Velveteen dream with his current gimmick and jobber push right now won't amount to anything on the main roster so i'm hoping that he gets called up to Raw just so he can wrestled on Main event because that'S the highest he will get with this gimmick and the way the use him in NXT. And for the women's, outside of Shayna Bezzler and maybe nikki cross, i don'T see a lot of them that will have a long career on the main roster.

In the end, it's the peoples in charge of NXt to prepare them for the main roster way of style and booking and they don'T do that right now. Right now it's pretty much a mix between the territory days of booking and the modern indy style of booking which is a completely different style then the WWE style has it is right now. So, because they want to please a certain audience with the NXT product they forget that they are suppose to train those guys for the main roster and that plus the extra hours per shows and being live and on the road every week compared to the shorter touring and tv taping schedule NXT is why we have the perception that NXT talent aren't booked properly on the main roster while in reality for the most part it isn't the case at all.

Why isn't the talent in NXT booked like how they will be booked on the Main Roster?

The simple answer is that NXT is a 1-hour pre-taped show and is controlled by Triple H who has the final say, instead of Vince.

This means that in the 1-hour pre-taped format no talents get overexposed. Plus BECAUSE it's only 1 hour EVERY match they put on the card is going to have to be meaningful. Either a debut match, a grudge match, a contendership match or even a tune-up match. But 90% of the time there is pretty clear meaning in the match AND usually some story development to a feud or rivalry. Maybe a run-in pre, mid, or post match. Maybe a backstage segment with one attacking another. Etc.

But on Raw or SmackDown doesn't matter if the talent is from NXT or not. A LOT of segments and matches on the show happen and there is very little story development to them. They are just 'matches'.

Now, the thing is, NXT is not bulletproof. Their format makes it easier for the show, the talent and the overall entertainment value to be very high consistently, but it doesn't always happen.

I watched a recent NXT episode and there were two guys facing off against each other, both in generic trunks and seemingly no personality ... I couldn't have cared less about them or the match! And there was a tag match that I just couldn't find any interest in, even though there was a 3rd team run-in. Just didn't interest me.

Furthermore, I've always been a fan of powerful factions in pro wrestling. I mean, to me, the ultimate villain is one who has followers, is ruthless and despicable. That's who you want to see defeated and usually that happens best with a heel faction. So I like the idea of this Undisputed Era and them having championships, doing backstage attacks and so on and so forth. That said, I think they are missing something with incongruencies with in-and-out of ring attire based on their characters. That aside, they also aren't all that physically imposing.

The way Undisputed Era is booked in NXT makes up for the fact they aren't very physically imposing. And that's the way it should be to get value of them. Push them to seem legit. If the fans just aren't having it, they will ultimately let the company know and changes can be made.

So I see the OPs concern. When talent get to the main roster they aren't even given a real good push like in NXT to see if they can really make it work.

But what happens on the main roster is Vince doesn't really care what they've done in NXT, he sees things differently and Triple H can tell Vince all he wants that "Hey AOP are great in NXT as unstoppable brutes and having a manager is a nice plus" but Vince will still go "No. They get no manager, they have to speak for themselves and they are NOT going to be very dominant, they are not going on a big winning streak. We have no real plan for them right now."

Sometimes Vince sees the same thing Triple H does and they go with that but more communication isn't the answer. Vince is stubborn in his ways and maybe only if TV ratings continue to go down and Network subscribers don't go up much or even decrease he'll make some big changes.

The simple answer is that NXT is a 1-hour pre-taped show and is controlled by Triple H who has the final say, instead of Vince.

This means that in the 1-hour pre-taped format no talents get overexposed. Plus BECAUSE it's only 1 hour EVERY match they put on the card is going to have to be meaningful. Either a debut match, a grudge match, a contendership match or even a tune-up match. But 90% of the time there is pretty clear meaning in the match AND usually some story development to a feud or rivalry. Maybe a run-in pre, mid, or post match. Maybe a backstage segment with one attacking another. Etc.

But on Raw or SmackDown doesn't matter if the talent is from NXT or not. A LOT of segments and matches on the show happen and there is very little story development to them. They are just 'matches'.

Now, the thing is, NXT is not bulletproof. Their format makes it easier for the show, the talent and the overall entertainment value to be very high consistently, but it doesn't always happen.

I watched a recent NXT episode and there were two guys facing off against each other, both in generic trunks and seemingly no personality ... I couldn't have cared less about them or the match! And there was a tag match that I just couldn't find any interest in, even though there was a 3rd team run-in. Just didn't interest me.

Furthermore, I've always been a fan of powerful factions in pro wrestling. I mean, to me, the ultimate villain is one who has followers, is ruthless and despicable. That's who you want to see defeated and usually that happens best with a heel faction. So I like the idea of this Undisputed Era and them having championships, doing backstage attacks and so on and so forth. That said, I think they are missing something with incongruencies with in-and-out of ring attire based on their characters. That aside, they also aren't all that physically imposing.

The way Undisputed Era is booked in NXT makes up for the fact they aren't very physically imposing. And that's the way it should be to get value of them. Push them to seem legit. If the fans just aren't having it, they will ultimately let the company know and changes can be made.

So I see the OPs concern. When talent get to the main roster they aren't even given a real good push like in NXT to see if they can really make it work.

But what happens on the main roster is Vince doesn't really care what they've done in NXT, he sees things differently and Triple H can tell Vince all he wants that "Hey AOP are great in NXT as unstoppable brutes and having a manager is a nice plus" but Vince will still go "No. They get no manager, they have to speak for themselves and they are NOT going to be very dominant, they are not going on a big winning streak. We have no real plan for them right now."

Sometimes Vince sees the same thing Triple H does and they go with that but more communication isn't the answer. Vince is stubborn in his ways and maybe only if TV ratings continue to go down and Network subscribers don't go up much or even decrease he'll make some big changes.

I think ratings doesn't matter as much anymore for Vince mostly because he already have is u.s tv deal in place even with the bad ratings. The thing with tv ratings is that pretty much everybody knows that less and less peoples are watching tv especially cable tv so the only way tv execs will see WWE as a failure is if they go below a 1.0 which they far from happening. As far has network subscription, they actually went up from last year at this time and with some of the programming coming after summerslam, I doubt they will go down as much as people are thinking.

The only way Vince will change is way is if they profit goes down to the point that he need to change the way he produce his product. The fact is for now, the NXT product isn't turning a profit for Vince but he keep it around to help HHH learn the business side of the job. It's as much a learning territory for the wrestlers as it is for HHH, so he doesn't paying for NXT if it helps WWE in the long run. Vince as been grooming HHH to be his replacement when he either leave or die and also he trying to make him more appealing for to the board of directors who really don't want HHH in charge of the company when Vince leave, mostly because HHH isn't a business man like Vince. So we might look at the WWE as a wrestling company, but to Vince and the shareholders the WWE is a brand and until the brand stop making money and the shares goes down to the point that you can buy them for pennies, the product will not change.

People always forget that NXT is developmental. They experiment there and it gives them good exposure for main roster. Nothing guarantee you that you would get that same gimmick or even play same role on main roster. Bayley, for example, has same gimmick and is face as in NXT but combination of that and some bad booking killed her momentum. Because at main roster, former NXT Champion is kinda hard sell as "underdog". Something that worked there might not be working on main roster. NXT gives pretty good exposure. But with that it also gives expectations. Expectations that sometimes cant be fulfilled. So lots of them are stuck in midcard for example. And after a while fans give up on them. So its kind of a blessing and a curse to have all that initial exposure.

I think ratings doesn't matter as much anymore for Vince mostly because he already have is u.s tv deal in place even with the bad ratings. The thing with tv ratings is that pretty much everybody knows that less and less peoples are watching tv especially cable tv so the only way tv execs will see WWE as a failure is if they go below a 1.0 which they far from happening. As far has network subscription, they actually went up from last year at this time and with some of the programming coming after summerslam, I doubt they will go down as much as people are thinking.

The only way Vince will change is way is if they profit goes down to the point that he need to change the way he produce his product.

I agree ratings don't matter nearly as much as they used to. Yes, the media landscape has changed and the way people consume content has changed live-TV watching considerably, aside from live sports, but those also have seen decline. That said, TV Networks are still looking to find content that does get decent ratings even by today's standards.

Yes, WWE got a big 5-year deal with Fox for SmackDown. I don't know how long their deal with USA is for Raw but, never the less, WWE and SmackDown have about 5 years to see what they can do with their TV product. WWE TV ratings, on average, have kept going down every single year since around 2001. If in 5 years SmackDown ratings are below 1.0 do you think Fox will be very happy with that and give WWE another big long term deal? There is no sign that SmackDown or Raw ratings are going up, on average. So the trend will continue to go down each year. Are TV Networks that comfortable with dropping ratings?

Long term, WWE Network subscribers will be a good indicator of business success but in order for those subscriptions to go up the WWE has to have good TV content because the PPVs have got to be the biggest reason to get the Network, or they SHOULD be the biggest reason to get the WWE Network. I mean, they have to produce other content but the other content is meaningless if the person doesn't care about the WWE. But WWE Network has not hit 2 million yet in about 5 years. They are on an upward trend, per year, but always go down in subscribers after WrestleMania.

The biggest single source of revenue, by far, for WWE is their Network TV deal. This is the make or break for WWE. If for whatever reason they were to lose their Network TV deal tomorrow, they would very quickly become just another indy company. I'm not saying in anyway that will happen, but the fact is their TV deal is their main source of revenue. Why do you think WWE almost went out of business in the early to mid 90s? Hulk Hogan was one of the biggest stars in the WORLD but he wasn't on TV that much and that meant average ratings weren't very high at all and they were in jeopardy of losing their TV deal. ... Then along comes WCW who about 1996 make a HUGE impact on the TV landscape with NWO and WCW (with Hogan, no less, making many more TV appearances) making TV ratings go through the roof!

Now, WWE (WWF at the time) are in 100% legit trouble of falling apart as a company so they are lead to desperate measures and they are forced to make the action and storylines on the TV show MUST-SEE. They started doing that and their TV ratings starting going up and eventually surpassed WCW.

Bringing this back to the original point of the thread... What happens on NXT doesn't always translate to Raw or SmackDown because it is presented in a different format (3-hours live, 2-hours live every single week) and there are many more characters on the main rosters so it, clearly, becomes very easy for talent to be lost in the shuffle.

But the NXT way of building storylines and characters CAN be done on Raw or SmackDown consistently if they really wanted to or needed to.

Right now, WWE (Vince) doesn't need to do anything it doesn't want to do. And that's play it safe.

5 years from now (or less) if TV ratings for Raw get near 1.0 and SmackDown go near or below 1.0 ... maybe there will be a new resurgence to the edge and attitude of WWE.

Let's take Tye dillinger for example, here a guy that was a pretty decent character in NXT but was booked as a Jobber for the Stars. You send him to the Main roster with the same cheesy gimmick and with the perception that he'S pretty much a job guy so Vince won't try to push him harder on the main just because he was over in NXT. He's going to push him the same way as they did in NXT. That's goes for Tyler Breeze and No Way Jose as well.

Has far as the Whole argument about Bobby Roode. The job of a Heel is to get booed by the crowd not cheered, If a Heel isn'T able to turn the crowd then he failed as a heel and become a babyface. That's what happened with Roode and while it's not all on the fans faults, we are partly responsible for what happened because we didn't want to accept roode as a heel even through he was doing a awesome job in that role. All we saw was how good he was in the ring and that we respected what he did for the business plus his theme song scream babyface and that didn'T help either. So i'm guessing that all of this was in the report that vince got from HHH and the trainers and they decided to go with the crowd on this one thinking that they could make money with a face Bobby roode and it backfired because he'S a better heel then face.

As for the rest of them, just rewatch how the characters we're presented in NXT and how they we're played on the main roster, for most of them, it's the same character push the same way but instead of being on tv once or twice a month, they on tv every single week and that's what hurting them in the end, the overexposure of a character. If they didn'T do a good job in NXT of creating characters that can be compelling when put in a situation of being on tv every week, then those guys have no chance in hell of staying over on the main roster.

The biggest problem with NXT is that they forgot that they we're a developmental territory first and a brand second. So they booked thoses show as a brand instead of a developmental territory and sometimes perception can hurt those guys.

I look a the current crop of NXT talent especially the main guys and girls. Johnny gargano is pretty stuck with a 205 Live spot when they call him up because he's pretty much a cruiserweight with no personality so Vince won't want him on Raw or smackdown. Tomasso Chiampa while a great heel, i'm not certain where he would go, he's a tossup between Smackdown and 205 Live. Aleister Black might get a better chance to shine on the main because of the character. The undisputed era are probably smackdown bound and might get a descent push on arrival. Ricochet is another 205 live bound guy. Velveteen dream with his current gimmick and jobber push right now won't amount to anything on the main roster so i'm hoping that he gets called up to Raw just so he can wrestled on Main event because that'S the highest he will get with this gimmick and the way the use him in NXT. And for the women's, outside of Shayna Bezzler and maybe nikki cross, i don'T see a lot of them that will have a long career on the main roster.

In the end, it's the peoples in charge of NXt to prepare them for the main roster way of style and booking and they don'T do that right now. Right now it's pretty much a mix between the territory days of booking and the modern indy style of booking which is a completely different style then the WWE style has it is right now. So, because they want to please a certain audience with the NXT product they forget that they are suppose to train those guys for the main roster and that plus the extra hours per shows and being live and on the road every week compared to the shorter touring and tv taping schedule NXT is why we have the perception that NXT talent aren't booked properly on the main roster while in reality for the most part it isn't the case at all.

I fail to see how being a brand is a problem to begin with. Also, Tye was a jobber to the stars, but that clearly was gonna change, had he not gotten called up. The end of his run there was ended abruptly and it was obvious he was gonna win the NXT title. Vince simply saw him one way and that one way was the wrong way. Your logic on Roode still makes no sense. Look at guys like Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and Sami Zayn. They get cheered week after week, why not turn them babyface? Why turn Roode face? Hell, his character in NXT wasn't even "he's traveled so many roads", his character was being a gigantic prick. And yes he was cheered, but at least you were still rooting for the other guy to beat him. Fans most certainly wanted someone like Roderick Strong to put him in his place. It's the same case with a character like The Joker. We love him because he's written so well, but we still want Batman to punch him in the face.

"If they didn'T do a good job in NXT of creating characters that can be compelling when put in a situation of being on tv every week, then those guys have no chance in hell of staying over on the main roster."
That's not an NXT problem you fool, that's a problem in general. When we see the exact same character every week, not helped out by an awful script, we're gonna get tired of them. So don't be an idiot saying NXT is to blame.

You're assumptions on Velveteen Dream are the most jarring. The dude is a character, and you know how Vince loves him a character. Granted, The Dream could be royally screwed in the main roster, but we don't know that. Also, "jobber push", apparently you're watching a different show, considering Velveteen Dream is just as protected as any of the other champions in the brand.

Btw, you yourself has said it's a different beast in the main roster. It's not NXT's fault a character takes a different direction from what it's used to in NXT. Because they have new writers. How was HHH supposed to know that a team like The Ascension were gonna be altered completely or that Bayley is gonna be an underdog one week but not in the other or that Sasha Banks is gonna be smiles and hugs, when the point of the Boss character is being a selfish self indulgent bitch?

I fail to see how being a brand is a problem to begin with. Also, Tye was a jobber to the stars, but that clearly was gonna change, had he not gotten called up. The end of his run there was ended abruptly and it was obvious he was gonna win the NXT title. Vince simply saw him one way and that one way was the wrong way. Your logic on Roode still makes no sense. Look at guys like Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and Sami Zayn. They get cheered week after week, why not turn them babyface? Why turn Roode face? Hell, his character in NXT wasn't even "he's traveled so many roads", his character was being a gigantic prick. And yes he was cheered, but at least you were still rooting for the other guy to beat him. Fans most certainly wanted someone like Roderick Strong to put him in his place. It's the same case with a character like The Joker. We love him because he's written so well, but we still want Batman to punch him in the face.

First of all, where was that going to change for Tye, if i remember correctly, Before he left for the main roster, he jobbed out to Roode and then was in a nothing feud with sanity were he was losing most of his matches. The only reason he got the upper hand on them was because he got called up so i don'T see how that translate to him being in the running for the NXT championship. For you're point about Roode, You have to give me better example then that, Joe his getting mostly booed since he started on the main roster, Owens as been getting a lot of heel reaction as well and Zayn ever since thjey turn him heel, he hasn't been cheered at all. In NXT it was the same thing for Owens and Joe. They we're so good as heel then even the NXT fans didn't want to cheer for them. Roode wasn't able to turn the audience with is character and that's why he came in as a babyface because he failed as a heel.

"If they didn'T do a good job in NXT of creating characters that can be compelling when put in a situation of being on tv every week, then those guys have no chance in hell of staying over on the main roster."
That's not an NXT problem you fool, that's a problem in general. When we see the exact same character every week, not helped out by an awful script, we're gonna get tired of them. So don't be an idiot saying NXT is to blame.
That's kinda of a logic of someone that don't see the big picture. Let'S take for example Bobby Roode. Put him on NXT tv every single way for 52 weeks a year and around the half of the year, good writing or not, fans will get tired of him because his character will become stale. It's easy to blame the creative when you're not doing their job. Like many wrestlers have said before, it'S there job to make the awful creative interesting.

You're assumptions on Velveteen Dream are the most jarring. The dude is a character, and you know how Vince loves him a character. Granted, The Dream could be royally screwed in the main roster, but we don't know that. Also, "jobber push", apparently you're watching a different show, considering Velveteen Dream is just as protected as any of the other champions in the brand.

First of all, How many matches as Velveteen Won on a big takeover special. Has far as i remember 0, i might be wrong on this but he hasn't won a match on a takeover special since he started so to me he'S a jobber to the stars like Tye, No way jose and Tyler breeze we're before him. Secondly do you watch, the Main Roster? Every over the top characters that NXT has produce are either jobbers or low midcard guys that wrestles mostly on NXT. Personally i love the guy, he's super talented and deserve better then what he'S getting right now but if they keep him in this gimmick, he's not going to go very far on the main roster.

Btw, you yourself has said it's a different beast in the main roster. It's not NXT's fault a character takes a different direction from what it's used to in NXT. Because they have new writers. How was HHH supposed to know that a team like The Ascension were gonna be altered completely or that Bayley is gonna be an underdog one week but not in the other or that Sasha Banks is gonna be smiles and hugs, when the point of the Boss character is being a selfish self indulgent bitch?

You exactly said it, but i would correct you on one thing, It's HHH's job to know these thing, The problem With NXT is and always was that for some reason or another, they don'T realize that not everybody that watch Raw and Smackdown also watch NXT, so they send in guys on the main rosters with the idea that everybody knows who theses guys are and since the peoples that are responsible for the main rosters don'T really have time to come up with new stuff for theses guys, they just send them in cold with the same gimmick they had in NXT and that's a problem. HHH's is responsible for NXT, That's is job to anticipate theses thing and that's why NXT while popular isn't turning a profit right now, because they are still in they bubbles with their fans and don'T see the big picture of what NXT is suppose to be first and for most and that's a territory to prepare those wrest;ers to the main roster before being the third brand.

Because HHH cares about the talent and creating a compelling product. Vince only cares about getting Roman Reigns to be the perceived face of the company.

Because HHH cares about the talent and creating a compelling product. Vince only cares about getting Roman Reigns to be the perceived face of the company.

Sorry to disappoint you and vintage punk on this, but Vince isn't the problem. If HHH was in the position that Vince was, the company would be run the same way. The problem is simple, NXT only exist because Vince wants to train HHH in becoming a better executive. The brand financially is a financial disaster as It's been in the red for a while now and the gap is getting bigger every year.

If Vince didn't care about the talent like you wrote, he wouldn't be stepping a rocket on strowman's back right now, he wouldn't be making AJ styles the face of smackdown, Charlotte, the new day, Alexa bliss and Ronda rousey would be push to the moon in their respective division right now.

Vince cares about money and thoses talent that actually are over because That's how you run a successful business. Like it or not, a lot of thoses NXT wrestlers are over to a certain crowd but have a really difficult time getting over with the rest of the wwe universe. Not because of booking because character wise, they are being booked pretty much the same as in NXT, but because thoses NXT character are for the most part one dimensional and when they get over exposed, That's we're casual fans see the faults of thoses character.

It takes more then just being a good wrestler or having five stars match to get over in WWE. You have to be able to be a compelling character to as much of the fan base as possible.

Finally, if NXT was three plus hours every week and thoses same wrestlers we're been over exposed every week like in WWE, we would be complaining about the NXT product as much as the main roster product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back