Why is Big Show and Del Rio touring with SD! ?

Hourani777

Wrestlezone......is gonna get GOT!
Just reading the South Africa tour results I was thinking why are Alberto Del Rio and Big Shoe
Touring With Smackdown? They both werent on the Raw Australia Tour( disappointing) . I understand Big Show being there because of his feud with Henry but why Del Rio?

Can anyone help me out here?

Its because both were members of the SD roster when the South Africa tour was planned and advertised. Its really honestly that simple.

=)

But that's why at the end of each line up it says *card subject to change* so no it's not that simple :) if it was Sin Cara and Randy Orton would be on the Australia tour and Rey Mysterio would be on the South Africa Tour seeing as how they were both planned before the draft :)

I realize "card subject to change" but in this instance it doesn't apply. South Africa is a market WWE doesn't visit often and its also a brutal schedule to get there. So, planning needs to be made more advanced than your normal tour. When it comes to the draft, not all changes are planned well in advance. Since nearly every wrestling site was claiming months ahead that Orton/Cara were heading to SD, WWE obviously had those plans set in stone eons before they decided on moving Del Rio and Big Show.

=)

How doesn't it? Regardless on where there going the same change updates still apply and getting to Australia isn't hard? It's a 20+ hour plane ride I understand that it's a market they visit rarely but so is Australia the first South Africa Card featured Rey Mysterio but the card changed and it also featured Edge but he had to Retire so explain to me how the *card subject to change* rule doesn't apply and dirt sheets said that for obvious reasons Orton to get away from Cena and Sin Cara to move to SD because it's tapped and can edit out the botches. Don't believe everything you read most of it is rumors and stay rumors.
:)

I was talking about plane tickets, bus tickets, hotel accommodations already being booked months in advance. Obviously when it comes to injuries or other unforeseen occurrences, things would change. I don't understand why you won't just accept the answer and instead continue the charade to find some deeper meaning behind it?

I also wasn't saying I believe everything I read on sites, not sure where you got confused on what I was saying there. Simply saying that if every site is reporting it, then it turns out to be true, WWE obviously really did plan those roster moves well before. Thus, when booking plane tickets and other things needed for grueling trips, they knew who would be there and planned accordingly.

(s)AINT, do you work for the WWE or something? This is a really good question but, honestly, can't be answered for sure. I don't really buy into the idea that Del Rio and Show were apparently the only draft moves not predicted at the time the tour plans were unfolding, hence their involvement... unless I'm reading that wrong and that's not what's being suggested. Not saying there's anything deep to them touring with SD but come on...you're asking why the OP can't just accept the answer? Who's to say it's not for any number of other reasons? I don't know...I don't work there.

Here's the reasons why don't argue it or else.

1) It coincides with Smackdown programming in South America.

2) Because WWE can do whatever the hell they want

3) It was announced way back when that they would be traveling with Smackdown.

Because Vince probably thinks it's funny to make Big Show ride on a plane for twenty hours.:shrug:

There could be any number of reasons for it. One is that Big Show is an excellent ambassador for your brand. He's so physically impressive and he's actually pretty smart and well-spoken. He's a guy I would want if I was working a foreign market.

From the sounds of it, though, the shows have been selling out and they are adding some, so maybe there isn't a desperate need for an ambassador on this trip.

I was trying to think of reasons for ADR, maybe they're working off of his recent Big Show feud and they just thought it would be simple to keep them together on this trip. I don't even know if they're wrestling each other on that card, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back