Who's your favorite Old School Survivor Series team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

co_co_coady

Dark Match Winner
I love the old survivor series matches from back in the day.. That and Royal Rumble have been my favorite PPV's since I could remember. My best team would have to be Mr Perfect and Demolition! But there is sooo many good ones. LOD The Warrior and Texas Tornado Kerry Von Eric, or Demolition, Jake the Snake and Hogan were sweet too!! God bless OLD SCHOOL.

There were a few that I liked a lot. One that stands out to me is the Rude Brood from 1989. It was Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, and The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers. Back then you probably couldn't pair up four guys that I hated more than them. Looking back it was a pretty awesome team and they fit in together really well.

I kind of liked Lesnar's team from 2003. I just remember a Smackdown before Survivor Series with all of them in the ring and they looked awesome. It was Lesnar, Big Show, A Train, Matt Morgan, and Nathan Jones. The team may not have been overly impressive, but they sure looked impessive. Just think about it. Lesnar was the smallest guy on a five man team.

All teams from the 20 man tag matches in 1987 and 1988 were good just because it was nice to have that many good tag teams back then.

Too many good ones... and i agree with Rudes Brood. Perfect, Rude and the Rougeau's were so great and that was a great match.
I will go with 1991 Bret Hart, Davey Boy, Virgil, and Captain Roddy Piper. Always loved that team for some reason and the opposing team of The Mountie, The Warlord, Ted Dibiase, and Ric Flair as captain. Damn shame the match ended in a cluster... could have been a classic. However the teams were pretty sweet.
but thats just one mans poorly written opinion -Tdub

If we are talking the best ever Survivor Series team and we are going Old School then you cant beat the 1988 Survivor Series. You had a ten man team that consisted of Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian), The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty), the British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), and The Young Stallions (Paul Roma and Jim Powers). That surely has to be the best team ever. All the best tag teams (remember those!) all on one team.

There have been so many great teams over the years though. Todays Survivor series just cant compete. The Hulkimaniacs, The Ultimate Warriors, The Dream Team, The Million Dollar Team, The Vipers, The Natural Disasters. Ahh! Good times, good times.

The match that looked the best on paper by TEAMS had to be TEAM DX vs TEAM RATED RKO from Survivor Series 2006, but WWE some how were able to mess the match up and make DX look unstoppable.

I thought them two teams were quality on paper.

I also thought TEAM MERO/TEAM HHH from SURVIVOR SERIES 1996 Had compelling teams, I can't pick one without having a counter team equally as good.

I remember Hogan being eliminated, leaving Bam Bam to take on One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy & Andre the Giant alone. He took out the first two before Andre finished him off, but that is when I really became a fan of Bam Bam. Both those teams were just insane!

I will have to go with the All-Americans vs. the Foreign Fanatics, You had Ludvig Borga, Crush, Yokozuna, and Quebecer Jacque vs. The Undertaker, the Steiner Brothers and Lex Luger.

Also I loved the 4 Doinks vs. Team Bam Bam, lol seeing the Bushwhackers and Men on a Mission dressed up as Doink and playing tricks all match long, and Team Bam Bam of Bam Bam Bigelow, the Headshrinkers and Bastion Booger (always liked Bastion for some reason)

But in a real match sense, I would say the Heenan Family, Andre got eliminated so early and my favorite wrestler Arn Anderson and Haku had to carry the team, that match got written about one hour before the show because of Tully pulling out of the event and Heenan getting thrown into the match. It was actually written completely different before that. Andre was supposed to be around for a while but because of Tully backing out and Heenan goes into the match they re-wrote and really show cased Haku and Arn Anderson against the Ultimate Warriors even tho they lost.

I'd probably say Rude's Brood in '89. Like The Brain said, back in the day, I hated these guys, but looking back I realize how awesome they were.

Another team I really liked at least on Paper was the Hulkamaniacs from that same '89 Survivor Series. They had Hogan, Jake the Snake Roberts, and Demolition.

Another one that was really good was Team D-X in '06. HBK, HHH, The Hardys, and CM Punk. Every one of those guys with the exception of Matt Hardy are former World CHampions now. I thought it was cool the way they pitched a shut out vs Team Rated RKO.

I like Team Angle from 2003, someone mentioned Team Lesnar in this thread so I figured I would mention the winning team.

Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw, and The face turn of this guy named Cena (he's made a decent living since then).

Another Team I liked was team Bischoff which consisted of Christian, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Scott Stiener, and a run-in from Batista. This really helped Randy's legend killer gimmeck.

If we are talking the best ever Survivor Series team and we are going Old School then you cant beat the 1988 Survivor Series. You had a ten man team that consisted of Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian), The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty), the British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), and The Young Stallions (Paul Roma and Jim Powers). That surely has to be the best team ever. All the best tag teams (remember those!) all on one team.

The first two Survivor Series' will always be my favorite because of those awesome 10 on 10 man tag team exclusive elimination matches. Without them, the Surivivor Series never felt the same again.

In fact, the 1987 version is still my favorite match to date. Hard to believe, but its true. I love the finish where the killer bees put the masks on and do the sunset flip on The Islanders. And a year later came one of my favorite childhood moments in wrestling, when Demolition turned on Mr.Fuji. God I miss tag team wrestling.

But while those 10 on 10 tag team exclusive Matches were my favorite Surivor Series MATCHES, I think the best TEAM (as far as booking is concerned) has to be THE WARRIORS from Survivor Series 1990. Think about it. You had The Ultimate WARRIOR, The Road WARRIORS, and The Modern Day WARRIOR Kerry Von Erich. And to top it all of they took on my four favorite wrestlers from when I was a kid: Demolition and MrPerfect. Now thats...Perfect!

I actually like two teams that faced each other so I will list both, it is my favorite 5 on 5 Survivor Series match in history.
Survivor Series 2001

Team WWF
The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane and The Big Show

Team Alliance
Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Booker T and Shane McMahon

Has there ever been more star power in a Survivor Series match let alone a Survivor Series team? The answer in my opinion is no, not only was this match packed with amazing talent, but it also delivered for 45 amazing minutes. This is the match that made me fall in love with Survivor Series :worship:

Easily the Vissionaries from 1990. It was Rick Martel, Warlord, Power and GLory, with their manager Slick. (If you wanna get even better, the final team that included Ted Dibiase was a lot better, but they weren't an actual team.

The Vissionaries were awesome. Watching the Warlord come out to The Model's music was hilarious. Slick, the 2nd greatest WWF manager of all time was great as always. And my favorite underrated team Power and Glory. That Power Plex was such a great finisher. When they hit that on Hogan, man I was pumped!

Of course the captain, The Model Rick Martel was the greeatest chicken shit heel of all time.........sorry Honky.

I have way too many favorite Survivor Series Teams. I just like Teams and Stables in general. It’s the second reason why I watch wrestling, second only to the Titles. Just to name a few, my favorites include:

2001 – Team WWF – The Rock, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Kane and Big Show

2001 – Team WCW / ECW Alliance – Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Booker T., Rob Van Dam, Shane McMahon (Although Rhyno should have replaced Shane, in my opinion)

1989 – The Hulkamaniacs – Hulk Hogan, Jake The Snake Roberts, and Demolition (Ax and Smash)

1989 – The Million $ Team – Ted DiBiase, Zeus, and Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian) with Virgil and Mr. Fuji

1989 - The Heenan Family – Bobby Heenan, André the Giant, Haku and Arn Anderson (I would have rather had Tully Blanchard instead of the Brain, but we all know what happened there)

1990 – The Warriors – Ulitimate Warrior, Texas Tornado (the Modern Day Warrior), and the Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal)

1990 – The Perfect Team – Mr. Perfect and Demolition (Ax, Smash, and Crush) with Bobby Heenan and Mr. Fuji

2006 – Team DX – D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels), the Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy), and CM Punk

2006 – Team Cena – John Cena, Kane, Bobby Lashley, Rob Van Dam, and Sabu

2007 – Team Triple H – Triple H, The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy), Rey Mysterio and Kane

2009 – Team Miz – The Miz, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, and Drew McIntyre (Okay, fine, I didn’t like them at the time, but looking back, I appreciate the team now. After all, this is the “Future” plus Drew McIntyre in the “Matt Morgan trying to get into the M. E. Mob” role)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back