Favorite Survivor Series moments and matches

Peaches 2006

Occasional Pre-Show
We all know Survivor Series is just around the corner and this just came into my head. What are you favorite Survivor Series moments and/or matches?

My personal favorite is the 'Winner Take All' elimination match from Survivor Series 2001.

My personal favorite was 1994 Survivor Serries' Main Event: Diesel (Kevin Nash) vs Bret Hart... I was there at the Capital Center (USAIr, whatever) in Landover Maryland, live and seeing Bret take that fall through the Spanish announce table (the first time a wrestler took an announce table dive) the whole crowd went nuts! I was a Nash fan so I booed the finish... he deserved better than that (and did when he headed to WCW but still) and the group around me had a "Nash got screwed" chant as we left the arena... great night was had!

97's hbk v bret hart just because of what happened and 02's first elimination chamber won by hbk, i had my doubts about the chamber before hand but really loved the match in the end.

My favorite match was the triple threat match for the wwe championship at Survivor Series 1999. It was a great night as it was the first wwe championship for Big Show and nobody expected that he'd come in and just dominate the match going up against the rock and triple hhh. Remember Big Show wasn't originally in that match and had wrestled in one already earlier that night.

my fav match ever was 1990 survivor match at the end were Hogan,Warrior and Tito Santana vs Ted Dibiase,rick marterl, power & glory, hercules and the warlord and hogan and warrior took them all out and they being the sole survivors at the end of the PPV.

Also i liked SS 1998 when they had the tournament for the championship belt. The Rock beat big boss man, Ken Shamrock and Mankind in the finals to win the gold. almost like king of the ring in one night for the title i dont think they ever had another PPV like his.

and 2000 SS, Perry Saturn,Dean Malenko,Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero vs New age outlaws, Chyna and K-Kwik(Truth Kiling. now)

here's mine

1-Austin vs. Triple H(2000) Austin finally got revenge for what trips did to him a year earlier, and when Austin dropped Triple Hs car I was left with my jaw hitting the ground, it's still one of the most shocking things I've seen wwe history

2-Shane O'Mac vs. Kane -Ambulance Match(2003) one of the most violent matches I've seen, these two guys did everything to each other and the fact that they are still alive after all that is amazing, my favorite spot of the match was when Shane did the coast to coast off the top of the Ambulence

3-Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff(2003) another great match from 2003(IMO the best survivor Series of the past 5 years, they way the match ended with it coming down to HBK vs. Christian, Jericho, and Orton then him beating Jericho and Christian to even the odds and Batista coming in and powerbombing HBK and giving the win to the sole survivor Orton was just great it kept my on the edge of my seat and any match that does that has got to be considered great

4- HHH vs. HBK vs. RVD vs. Y2J vs. Booker T vs. Kane -Elimination Chamber(2002) It was the first elimination chamber so nobody new what to expect, RVD had a shit load of good spots in this match, two that really stick out in my mind are the spider-man spot where he tried to do a high risk move onto Jericho and Jericho moved at the last minute then RVD adjusted and just grabbed the chains and latched onto them as if he were spidey, and the second was the five star frog splash off the top of the chamber onto HHH, if you look closly his knee actully landed on HHHs throat, and through the rest of the match triple h kept passing out, it shows how tough and comitted he is to the company for taking that and finishing the match most people would probably just let someone pin them and leave the match, and the fact that HBk won the title (probably his last title) also made this a great match

thats all I got for now

My favorite Survivor Series moment/match was at the 1988 edition. There was a twenty-man tag match that featured some of the WWF's best tag teams, and since there were so many competitors, the match took a while, but it was damn sure worth the viewing. I can hardly remember all of the teams, so wikipedia will have to save my ass on this one. It was a true demonstration of exactly how collossal the WWF tag team ranks were in those days and how far it's fallen in recent years. It was forty plus minutes of WWE's best wrestlers kicking the living $hit out of each other and I'm bummed I lost the tape.

(10 on 10) Tag Team Survivor Series match:
The Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian),
The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty),
The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid),
The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), and
The Young Stallions (Jim Powers and Paul Roma) defeated

Demolition (Ax and Smash),
The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard),
The Bolsheviks (Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov),
The Fabulous Rougeaus (Raymond and Jacques) and The Conquistadors (José Luis Rivera and José Estrada) (w/Mr. Fuji, Bobby Heenan, and Jimmy Hart) (42:12)

My second favorite moment/match was at the 1993 edition and featured some of the eighties stars and the future stars of the late '90s in a solid exhibition of wrestling talent. Plus, Nash gave Waltman a hip toss that looked like Joe Montana throwing a hail mary. Awesome.

(4 on 4) Survivor Series match: Marty Jannetty, Randy Savage, Razor Ramon and The 1-2-3 Kid defeated Irwin R. Schyster, Diesel, Rick Martel and Adam Bomb(26:58)

Third on my list would have to be a toss-up between Bret Hart's matches at the 1992 Series and the 1996 Series. The 1992 series saw him whip Shawn Michaels ass handily (which I always enjoyed), and the 1996 series saw the first of the many epic encounters between Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Hart defeated Austin using the same pin maneuver he used to hand Roddy Piper his first pinfall loss at Wrestlemania 8. Steve should've scouted more tapes.

My Top 10 Survivor Series Moments/Matches:

10: The Final Match of Survival (Survivor Series 1990)
Ok first moment on my top 10 is from the 1990 Survivor Series, yes that was the year we were given the Gobledy Gooker hatching from an Egg but that year also saw a new idea (which hasn't been done again since, sadly) in which all the Survivors from each elimination tag match would come back for one more match at the end of the night. In the end Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior were left standing tall in the ring as the sole survivors. Quite a symbolic moment as well seeing the two most popular wrestlers in the company together as an alliance.

09: The Beginning of the Mega-Powers exploding (Survivor Series 1988)
Going into Wrestlemania V, Vince had to come up with a main event to warrant the Pay Per View. He decided to go with Hulk Hogan vs Macho Man Randy Savage. At the end of their elimination tag match, in which both were the sole survivors the cracks began to form at this event and the build up to Wrestlemania V began.

08: The Rock wins the Tournament to become WWE Champion (Survivor Series 1998)
You kinda knew it was gonna happen but you also kind of didn't. It was also the first time a wrestler who has African-American descent became the WWE Champion.

07: Stone Cold run over spot (Survivor Series 1999)
Probably the first time I remember seeing a spot in wrestling where a wrestler gets run over. WWE played it very well. Austin needed surgery and had to disappear for a while, so what better way to get him time off than to have him get run over in a mystery hit and run.

06: Bret Hart's return match against Stone Cold (Survivor Series 1996)
After Wrestlemania XII Bret Hart disappeared off WWE TV to take some time off and work on other projects. I was very excited though when the Hitman stepped back into the ring but like most people I doubted if after such a long break would Bret still "have it" in the ring. Well he proved all doubters wrong and had probably the match of the night at Survivor Series 1996 against Stone Cold. Of course they would better that 5 months later when they met again at Wrestlemania XIII.

05: Sid wins the WWE Title from Shawn Michaels (Survivor Series 1996)
A return to the '96 Survivor Series and the main event of the night. The first time I can remember when the babyface literally got boo'ed out of the building. After winning the title at Wrestlemania and defending the belt for months in top quality matches Shawn Michaels firmly had all the fans on his side but when he went up against Sid this night they boo'ed Michels and cheered for Sid all match, it was the first time I had seen anything like it. It was also a sign how the business was changing and "bad guys" were no longer always the hated ones.

04: Mr Perfect babyface turn (Survivor Series 1992)
For all his WWE career Mr Perfect had been a heel so it came as a shock when a week before Survivor Series '92 Macho Man Randy Savage announced his "Perfect" tag team partner to replace the Ultimate Warrior was Mr Perfect. Something a lot of fans did not expect seeing as Perfect had spent the last year in the corner of Ric Flair.

03: Bob Backlund defeats Bret Hart for the WWE Title (Survivor Series 1994)
For as long as I am alive I don't think I will ever be able to get over this result. I remember watching this when I was a kid and thought there was no way an "old fart" like Bob Backlund could beat Bret Hart. Amazingly the Hitman did the job and lost the title to Bob after a grueling submission match where Owen convinced his mother to throw in the towel on Bret Hart's behalf. This moment gets so far up my list purely for "shock factor" something which we don't get too often in WWE these days.

02: Montreal Screw Job (Survivor Series 1997)
We've talked about it so much there really is not much more that can be said. Easily one of the moments which helped changed the business and the direction it was going.

01: Elmination Chamber Match (Survivor Series 2002)
First time the Chamber had been used and it still holds up to this day as the best Elimination Chamber match. Lots of great moments like RVD's Spiderman moments or when RVD crushed Triple H's throat. Also the fact Shawn Michaels won (and I really didn't expect that). I would definitely say this match is still one of the best matches I have seen since the turn of the centuary.

my favourite and most memorable moments were the montreal screwjob i think that incident will never be forgotten it was not a favourite but a memorable one my second one was wen the taker first debuted u thought it was just gonna be another rubbish big man but he was the phenom we kno today

Team Smackdown vs Team Raw

Hard thing was it's was around the time Eddie die and he was going to be in it:(

I love it SD vs Raw was my favourite SS i aslo like the buildup for it aswell

In respsonse to one of the first posts mentioned....Kevin Nash -vs- Bret Hart took place at the 1995 Survivor Series. 1994 Survivor Series Main Event was Undertaker -vs- Yokozuna in a casket match. With Chuck Norris as the special enforcer. Just wanted to clear that up.

1.Elimination Chamber:the best chamber match they have and will ever have and plus shawn michaels made the comeback win which had me jumping all over the place.the match is great.

2.Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff:this is a very very great traditional survival match.its brutal and great.I love how shawn was down to himself against three men bleeding like crazy and survived but batista interfered.

3.Winner Take All:this is the best best traditional classic match up out of all the survivor series.it is the biggest star studded one and it is a great match.

4.Smackdown vs. Raw:this is a very action packed quick paced match.I love how this match went and shawn again was down to himself against rey,jbl,and orton.he eliminated rey with a sweet awesome sweet chin music and then jbl.

1. Elimination Chamber Match 2002
2. SmackDown vs. Raw 2005
3. Montreal Screwjob 1997
4. Mr. Perfect Face Turn 1992
5. Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff 2003

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member