Who's the better Heel?

Who's the better Heel?

• The Rated "R" Supertar:EDGE

• The Legend Killer:Randy Orton

• The Savior:Chris Jericho

Results are only viewable after voting.

Saiquan

Occasional Pre-Show
So i was sitting around and i started thinking about the heels in wrestling. I asked myself well who is the best heel and i got down to three people Randy Orton,Chris Jericho, and Edge and this is were im stuck. Each one of these men are special in their own way.

Edge:WCW United States Championship (1 time)1[140]
World Heavyweight Championship (5 times, current)[141][142][143][144][145]
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (11 times)[146][147]– with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Randy Orton (1), and Hulk Hogan (1)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)[148]
WWE Championship (4 times)[149][150][151][152]
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[153] – with Rey Mysterio (1)
King of the Ring (2001)[12]
Mr. Money in the Bank (2005,[13] 20072)[77]
Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) with Vickie Guerrero[154]
Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

Chris Jericho:WCW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)2[100]
WWF European Championship (1 time)[1]
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[1]
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (8 times)[1]
WWF Undisputed Championship (1 time)3[101]
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (3 times)[1] – with Chris Benoit (1), The Rock (1), and Christian (1)
World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[102][103]
Slammy Award for Superstar of the Year (2008)[75]
Ninth Triple Crown Champion
Fourth Grand Slam Championship

Randy Orton:World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[46]
World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[93] – with Edge
WWE Championship (3 times, current)[14][153][154]
WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[41]
Royal Rumble (2009)
Seventeenth Triple Crown Champion

Now those are just a few achievements but i want your opinion and help on who is the better heel out of these 3 men?

At this time, I'd have to say Randy Orton. For one thing, him being WWE champion makes him the man to beat. Secondly, his character possesses this evil quality; it gives you the impression that he's a sicko that will stoop to any low. And also, he has this certain charisma that makes him stand out more than Jericho and Edge, although both are strong heels in their own right. Orton having his own sort of henchmen in Legacy kind of adds to it as well. But in my opinion, I think what solidified Orton's status as top heel in WWE today was when he punted Vince. To me, it was almost the same effect as when Stone Cold first gave Vince the Stunner, except with the reverse effect, which I thought was great. It was shocking, but the crowd was more behind Vince, as opposed to how they loved it when Austin took Vince out.

Jericho doesnt count as he floats in and out of the main event too much and was bumping for Snuka and Piper at Mania. Its definatly Edge. He has been THE MAN for years now. He has more championships, has accelled in more match types, and could never be accused of being boreing in the ring or the mike. Orton needs the right partner to have a great match.

Edge can and has played any heel character possible. Randy is reasonably 1 dimmensional. Edge has even managed to get Vickie G over. Orton cant even get 3rd gen stars over.

(On second thoughts, neither man has had a good stable. Dibiase and Rohdes are about as menacing as Hawkins and Ryder and they also sucked.)

At the end of the day Edge has had so many more memerable moments than Randy. He is the heel who keeps on heel'n! Put it this way, who would you rather the company had if they had to make a choice?

1) Randy Orton got a candidate for match of the Year out of an 'old' Mic Foley.
2) It was Orton' feud with Jeff Hardy's that got Hardy over to the point that people actually believed he could be a world champion.
3) It was also Randy Orton's amazing heel persona that made everybody forget (up until the match actually started anyway) that Triple H had no business in the WM mainevent to begin with.
4) Close to all significant heel moments of 2009 have belonged to Orton

1) Randy Orton got a candidate for match of the Year out of an 'old' Mic Foley.
2) It was Orton' feud with Jeff Hardy's that got Hardy over to the point that people actually believed he could be a world champion.
3) It was also Randy Orton's amazing heel persona that made everybody forget (up until the match actually started anyway) that Triple H had no business in the WM mainevent to begin with.
4) Close to all significant heel moments of 2009 have belonged to Orton

1)Edge got a candidate for match of the Year out of an 'old' Mic Foley. (And an old 'Taker)
2) It was Edge's feud with Cena that got Cena over to the point that people actually believed he could have a half decent match.
3) It was also Edge's amazing heel persona that made everybody forget (up until the match actually started anyway) that John Cena and The Big Show had no business in the WM mainevent to begin with.
4) Close to all significant heel moments of 2007, 2008 AND 2009 have belonged to Edge.

You guys can throw around achievements and 'match of the year contenders' all you want.

But how good a heel is comes down to one thing, the heat you get from the crowd.

Right now both Edge and Orton are getting a good few cheers from the crowd, while Jericho gets 99.99999% boos (check out IC25 and NorCal go to Smackdown for proof!)

Therefore Jericho is the better heel. Ok?

Try again...In canada Edge gets boo'ed.... Jericho does not!
but honestly... how can you go through everyone and come up with only 3?
If Kane and Umaga don't belong on that list then I don't who does...

BTW if Kane was there I'd pick him... Cause of the fact that if he is supposed to be boo'ed by the crowd... he damn well gets the boo's out of the Crowd!

Barbedwire Ropes is right. Edge is the man.

Maybe Jericho gets crowd heel heat (he also gets cheers) but he ain't a champ so he's out. There are plenty of Cena/HHH haters and Edge and Randy usually end up with one of them while Jericho currently gets rose tinted legends to face.

Umanga and Kane also get lots of cheers and are main event to mid-card jobbers. So they are out too.

BTW if Kane was there I'd pick him... Cause of the fact that if he is supposed to be boo'ed by the crowd... he damn well gets the boo's out of the Crowd!

Kane wasnt in there because if you look at the top heels they're always being rotated in the mainevnt yes? Please tell me the last time Kane mainevented a pay per view? Please tell me the last time kane had a "World" title reign?

From the 3 men mentioned before if we based it on the sole titles thing it is Edge hands down.

Now for character it is tough but it is still Edge, Hands down. From all 3 is the only one who has had the most dominant run since he won his first title at the beginning of 2006.

Single handedly was used to put Randy Orton again on the map and D-X over just after being able to give credibility to John Cena.

Look at the title reings, he is the WWE's man to go (3 years and 9 World title reigns, I mean that also means that has lost the belts 8 times but he is the bad guy, he is supposed to lose a the end), If this trend Continue he is going to be like 20 times champion at 37 or 38 ( I know if nearly impossible but it is statistics). He has been the main man on any brand has been involved since 2006 and he still is, No matter who is on the brand.

This is a close one for me, but I decided to go with Randy Orton, even though he runs off scared (like all heels do) when he is in control and his intensity and tenacity is purely on show I can't help but wonder what he is going to do next to whoever comes near him and from that stand point, I am an Orton mark. Even though I'm a fan of Edge and Jericho through their heel work, in my opinion Orton at the very present has a slight edge over the Rated R superstar and Jericho when it comes to who the better heel is.

if you want to go strictly on stats you have to say its edge. he has done so much that its ridiculous. it was all done as a heel too. right now though you have to say its orton. he has so much going for him right. he is in charge of raw. he took out the entire mcmahon clan excluding linda. all edge has is smackdown. he doesnt have the backing anymore of people because he doesnt have la familia anymore.

At this moment I would say Orton is the better heel. Edge needs a major change now and honestly now would be a perfect face right now. Orton still needs to mold himself as a heel and there are still plenty of ways to keep him as a major heel. As far as Y2J he has only begun his run as a heel in my opinion and still needs that major rivalry to solidify himself as a heel. There is no way I count his rivalry with the HOF's as a major rivalry. When he first became a heel he had a sweet rivalry with HBK, but nothing of major consequence recently to maintain quality heat. Yes, he had a feud with Cena and a minor fling with Batista, but now that his character has truly come to heel fruition it is time for something major because he is great at selling a good story within the rivalry.

i personally like Jericho the most as the best heel, yes he's mopping up old folks right now but that happens sometimes. he's been around for so long who cares, hes still here. his character is downright hateable. he's booed every second hes out there, he's pompous, self congratulating and condescending. he's always got something to say, and i think it works, but he's got to bring the pants back lol

Orton is my favorite character right now, i just think he's great for the angle he's doing right now and i agree he def made HHH look good leading up to that horrid match they had together.

Jericho mopping the legends like that and getting so much heat makes him the best IMO. If he can do that with retired wrestlers, imagine what he could accomplish when he actually feuds with the working roster. If you wanna talk about vicious, kicking people in the head is nothing compared to tying a man-woman down in a chair and smashing her thumb a with hammer (LMAO good times). He is currently scheduled to have a long feud with Mysterio(overrated guy who only won the title cause Eddie died). Jericho makes everyone look good. Look at the match with Cena. Was great cause he did all the work, granted Edge interfered. As far as titles go I say Jericho is better than Edge. Only reason is cause It takes two for tag titles. Yes he has had more World title reigns, but he never beat Rock and Austin in the same night to become the only Undisputed champion amongst all three. Don't get me wrong though, Randy, Edge, and Jericho are my three fave wrestlers in WWE today.

I do agree though, BRING BACK THE PANTS! SAY NO TO MAN-PANTIES!

That's another thing, he's so good he even gets heat from his fans just for wearing them LOL!

overall jericho imo is on his own level, he's just incredible but is underused a lot of the times, but when it comes to who's easily the most trustable to put as mian heel of wwe, clearly edge he has been the smackdowns main heel for the whole time he's been there, so he's clearly doing a great job,

tho randy ortan is great to me he just isnt on the same level as jericho and edge

At this very moment: Orton. He's the leading heel on the leading show right now. Backlash poster featured him. Raw advertisements feature him. He's The Man right now. Getting better on promos, although what he's been given to work with is a bit repetitive. Needs to pick up his ring skills some.

Over the long haul: Edge. Has the track record, ring skills, and promo ability. Could have a good feud with Mickey Mouse. Agree with the poster above that a face turn would do him some good, especially now that they seem to have moved on from the Vickie bit. Rumor is that WWE is worried about not having a #1 face on Smackdown with Taker on the shelf and Hardy possibly leaving. Time to turn Edge. Then let him feud with Jericho after he's done with Mysterio.

Most potential: Jericho. I love his character, in the same way I loved Bobby Heenan talking about 'humanoids', 'Ham-n-eggers', and the fans watching Prime Time Wrestling on their rented furniture with the springs sticking out.

Jericho's ring-skill are great as well. Destroying beloved childhood heroes got him some more heat, but it's time to let him play with the big boys.

So I'm going with Edge until Jericho and Orton show that they can do their current acts for the long-haul.

In my opinion, Jericho is THE HEEL of the WWE right now!!!

REASONS:

1-Jericho is drawing the most PURE heat

2-Orton is tip-toeing the line of being a "cartoon of himself"...he hasn't crossed the line yet, but he's close----his facials are getting "over the top"

3-Edge is gonna need Vickie to keep the heat he's used to!!!

NEED I SAY MORE?

I didn't think so!!!

A lot of you bring up the main event picture and say since Jericho isn't in it he doesn't count. Well to be perfectly honest the fact he's not in the main event picture and still gets the most boos tells you hands down he's the best current heel.

People chant RKO during shows, that right there means too many people like Orton. Obviously there are always going to be people rooting for heels, but Orton gets rooted for too much.

As for Edge, he's good, but when him and Jericho start feuding(after Smackdown! a couple of weeks ago, you have to figure, it will happen) it will be Edge who takes the face role not Jericho because Jericho is just hated more.

i think that the best heel is orton.

he really makes the fans hate him whilst edge and y2j have their moments in which the fans think there cool and awsome. edge more so.

orton knows how to get the fans to boo him and hes not afraid to just slow the whole match down and get the boos from the fans. whether he slaps on a chin lock for 3 mins or stays outside the ring he wont stop until the fans want him dead.

orton was never a great face, where as y2j and edge were really good faces. and the fans really got behind them with their commedy promos and ring antics.

orton never really did much/anything like that and really got a good break with fantastic fueds with verterans like hhh and taker who really helped him elevate his game.

everyone who hates legacy is also helping orton become one of the greatest heels ever. because its exactly what he wants. now everyone who hates the faction sees him as weak and cowardly, being weak not so much but cowardness is a great part of a heels persona and one in which i enjoy.

orton def has to be the best heel going on overall career imo

this is a very good question

lets start with RKO well he is average on the mic and above average in the ring i would say he is number 3 because he can work some crowds but he has to do something sick and vile to stop them from cheering for him.

Edge is next he would be my number 2 he is gold on a mic he has been for years now. if he could get more credit for holding the tittle longer then 3 months then he would be 1. he can carry a good match with almost anybody including the Big Show.

Y2J is far and away number 1 he is supperior on the mic then the other two combine. and ring work as well as a overall athlete. he gets to pick his own feuds and work with the writters on how he wants to do it. when Vince lets him control his feuds thats great and that is what makes him the better heel and draws major heat

I hate to say it this way but lets be honest. You can't say Edge really because his gimmick has gotten old and is just building up to a feud with Triple H over the number of title reigns. Randy Orton is much more fresh, but has gotten stale in his own right as well, he has gone from the badass I predicted he would be this year, to just Randy Orton the coward. His gimmick has gotten stale fast. And with Chris Jericho, he has had no improvements to his gimmick since turning heel (which wasnt the wisest idea in tha world to me since his only interesting feud since then has been Shawn Michaels). He still calls the fans hypocrites, he still calls the superstars with a big pop hypocrites. At the beginning, I thought it was a great way to attract heat, but now it just get old and pathetic.

All three of them are very one-dimensional. Randy Orton and Edge have been playing heels for the longest, while Jericho's heel run seems longer than it has been. I say get two of the three (whoever, it doesnt really matter) and replace them with faces (ala Trips, Cena, Punk,). That would make not only the characters fresh, but the feuds would seems more fresh. I wanna see cheers for Orton and boo's to Cena or Trips on day.

Shayneomac, just one point . . . . you say Triple H had no business main eventing Wrestlemania.

He was WWE Champion.

Just thought I'd make that tiny point

At the moment, I would definately say Orton. Just everything about him lately has been spectacular.

I do think that Edge just about pips him if we're talking about period wise.

As far as Y2J he has only begun his run as a heel in my opinion and still needs that major rivalry to solidify himself as a heel. There is no way I count his rivalry with the HOF's as a major rivalry. When he first became a heel he had a sweet rivalry with HBK, but nothing of major consequence recently to maintain quality heat. Yes, he had a feud with Cena and a minor fling with Batista, but now that his character has truly come to heel fruition it is time for something major because he is great at selling a good story within the rivalry.

OMG.... Beating up old men, Irritating fans, continued rivalries where he always takes the shortcut to beat the fan favourites...
Doesn't make Jericho a heel....Not at all...
But just so you don't feel that way too long it looks like Rey vs Jericho feud is about to take place....
Lets hope you don't feel that Jericho is the face of that rivalry....

Sorry for singling you out.... its the only comment that stood out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back