Who should put Ryder Over?

ForzaItalia

Layeth The Smackdown!
Now, from watching Zach Ryder I really like what I see from him. He has the look, the charisma, the wrestling ability. Put it this way the guy has it all. I am very disappointed to say that such a great talent like Ryder has fallen to the lower card and gets the weekly WWE Superstars treatment that all the low carders get. We all know that Zach should be pushed to the upper mid card or at least the mid card because he has it. I want to know if Ryder was to be pushed who should be the guy to put him over? I think that once Evan Bourne is established and hopefully wins the US title from Miz he should be the guy to put over Ryder. Have these guys feud for awhile, let them put on spectacular matches with them having equal wins/losses, and then at the end of the feud have Ryder win the belt and take it from there.

Hes just lost in the shuffle of RAW. What he needs it to go to SD! where he mite have a shot at getting airtime and actually win a match somewhere other than Superstars. And they are trying to push smaller stars so this will help him. And he got rid of the one leg'ed pants so he has a more serious look.

I aggree with you he is talanted in the ring and on the mic but I dont see him ever reaching ME level but he should definitely be higher up on the card than what he currently is. I think that The Miz should put him over and lose the US title to him which would give Zach instant credibility beating Mr MITB from there he could go on to fued with the likes of Bourne, Morrison and R-Truth.

I think he should turn face and have the Miz put him over. On NXT, he really doesn't seem like a heel. I know he barely gets airtime, but when he does, he doesn't seem like a bad dude. I think his gimmick could work both has a heel and face and I don't see a reason to keep him heel. I know there's some good mid card faces on Raw, but it's not like Ryder makes a difference now anyway.

The Miz should do what he did a few weeks ago on NXT and interupt him, then Ryder should challenge him to a match. I think the crowd would get behind him and he should get the upset. Of course, this is only if Miz doesn't cash in this weekend. I also think Morrison should turn heel and these two could have a great feud that would be good for both of them.

The Miz should do what he did a few weeks ago on NXT and interupt him, then Ryder should challenge him to a match. I think the crowd would get behind him and he should get the upset.

I agree a face turn and face the Miz is what Ryder needs. I mean from what I have seen on NXT, when I watch, the Miz is just doggin' on Ryder. He talks smack about Ryder's rookie being th first eliminated. Ryder needs a face turn, his gimmick could work either way. And Miz does need a good rival for the US Title, unless he cashes in MITB and vacates the US Title for the WWE title. In that case keep him heal and start a thing with Morrison.

I think he should move to Smackdown and team back up with Curt Hawkins(Vance Archer could be a decent midcarder on his own). They were at least a real team, they did have some pretty good matches, and are former Tag Champs. They wouldn't exactly be the next Hart Foundation, but they could still be a solid Tag Team.

Put the guy on Smackdown. A feud with a high flyer like Kofi Kingston or Rey Mysterio could do wonders for him. I can imagine really exciting matches put out by these guys everytime they're together on SD. After this I think he'd have the momentum to go after the IC Championship. I agree with most people that he's not ready for the World Title, but hey SD is the land of opportunity.

Never really thought of Kofi as a "high flyer", but haven't watched WWE all that much, but I agree that Zach and Kofi or Rey could have some great matches with together.

Zach definitely needs to get to Smackdown before anything can really start working in his favor. Once there, he either stays heel and goes after Christian, Matt Hardy Rey, Kofi, Chris Masters (obviously not in that order) or he turns face and fights with Mcintyre, Ziggler, Rhodes et.al. As long as he's on Raw, he'll likely never get that chance in the near future.

On Smackdown, he could be put over in a believable manner by established stars and they could build a storyline for him that could help propel him through the ranks.

The answer here is would likely be "no one." Sure, Ryder is pretty good, but you can say that about virtually everyone in the WWE. But there's only so many people that get pushed. You can't just push everybody, it doesn't work like that.

The best oppurtunity was probably when Ryder had an ECW Title Match or two against Christian last year. Those were damn fine matches and I really thought Ryder could've used the win there. Alas, that wasn't the case, and he hasn't had a similar oppurtunity since.

The oppurtunity isn't there now, but if Ryder manages to stick around and not get fired, I'm sure he'll have another chance in a year or 2.

The answer here is would likely be "no one." Sure, Ryder is pretty good, but you can say that about virtually everyone in the WWE. But there's only so many people that get pushed. You can't just push everybody, it doesn't work like that.

The best oppurtunity was probably when Ryder had an ECW Title Match or two against Christian last year. Those were damn fine matches and I really thought Ryder could've used the win there. Alas, that wasn't the case, and he hasn't had a similar oppurtunity since.

The oppurtunity isn't there now, but if Ryder manages to stick around and not get fired, I'm sure he'll have another chance in a year or 2.

Well put.People tend to want everyone to get pushed and it cannot be done.If he ever wants to have a chance of being pushed he needs to either go to smackdown or start a program with somebody on RAW and make it a good one.

Either way he has to wait in aline a few more years since the company's focus is on other wrestlers atm ( no they are not superstars ).

I agree that he has to wait in line, because there are other stars that have been waiting for their chance longer than Ryder has. Wrestlers on raw like JoMo, Miz, R-Truth, Dibiase, Bourne etc then wrestlers on Smackdown like Hardy, Christian, Dolph, Cody, Drew, Kofi etc. He may have a better chance on Smackdown but he still won't be pushed for a year or so because there is other wrestlers that will be pushed before him.

I don’t really like Zack Ryder but for the purposes of this thread, I will ignore my hatred for him and try to give the best answer that I possibly can and that answer is Evan Bourne and The Miz.

Right now, both of those guys have had a lot of stock invested in them and it goes way above and beyond what any other mid-card guy has gotten from the WWE in recent months. We have talked about The Miz until our fingers are sore from typing and we all know how highly the WWE think of him right now. He is the US Champion and is basically feuding with the WWE Champion at this point. He is also in the main mix of main event guys along with Randy Orton and John Cena. He is also being made to look like a credible WWE Champion if he ever gets the chance to hold the Championship… Which he most likely will.

For me, The Miz would be the best choice to put him over if he is to get over. Failing that though, I think Evan Bourne is the clear choice. Again, he has been on somewhat of a roll lately and outside of the Miz, I can’t think of any more promising superstars on the roster at the moment. We all know about the Cena rub that he has gotten in the last couple of months and surely he could give some of that momentum to a guy like Ryder if need be.

Those are the two best picks right now, I think.

I am still wondering why they didn't ship him to SD because him and Rosa were so great together.. But I guess someone has to carry Morrison's flippy offense.

To be honest, I think that Ryder is in the right spot as a jobber. The guy is a rip off of that damn Jersey Shore. Did you really want someone like that as a big deal? Isn't the Long Island area's reputation "douche-y" enough?

First off Zack Ryder is too talented to be where he is now if they are not going to use him to his potential when his contract expires he needs to go to TNA where he will be used but if the choose to use him to his potential i say have him win The US title from Miz and start a feud with both Miz and R-truth

His best bet is to go to Smackdown and compete for the IC title. So I guess Dolph would be the one to put hi over. I'd love to see him win it, because I for one love him in the ring and he is very charismatic. Ryder doesn't have an opportunity on Raw just because it is so stacked in the mid card there. If it doesn't happen for him this year I'm thinking that after the draft next year he will definitely get his push.

electro boy has a great thought, but some of the people you mentioned shouldnt be on there, lemme explain.

JoMo: no character at all. mic skills are very lacking. finisher is over-rated and he doesn't bring anythng to the table as a face. if he turned heel again, which imo he should be, then he might get a push

Bourne: only thing good about him is the SSP. his mic skills are horrible and he doesn't even have a character at all.

Kofi: already had chances and is getting over-rated. his moveset could be adjusted too. i mean a double leg drop...really?

Drew: no gotten much heat as WWE expected. plus ryders been here longer than drew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back