Who Should Feud With Dolph Ziggler?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Since Dolph Ziggler cashed in his MITB briefcase last Monday, it's generated a lot of buzz & excitement in the World Heavyweight Championship picture. As we saw on SmackDown! Friday, there was a hint of all sorts of potential challengers for Ziggler in the future. The most obvious one is, of course, Alberto Del Rio, who has a rematch coming up at some point I figure. Jack Swagger made his presence known as well. Chris Jericho is another possibility, though this feud would have to take place, at least, after Del Rio is ultimately out of the title picture. Depending on how long Ziggler is champion, there are some other strong possibilities.

Sheamus - Sheamus was World Heavyweight Champion for roughly 7 months in 2012. While some aren't crazy about Sheamus' big, jovial Irish lug character, Sheamus was the strongest babyface to hold the title in quite some time. It looks as though he's going to have his hands full with Mark Henry for the time being, but he's someone who has to be a top consideration.

Randy Orton - Like Sheamus, Orton is someone who is, most likely, always going to be in top consideration. Personally, I don't think a ton of people are all that crazy about Orton becoming champion again. His last title run during the summer of 2011 wasn't all that warmly welcomed, though it did lead to a great feud with stellar matches with Christian. Orton is someone, however, who could add a great deal of credibility to Ziggler's reign.

CM Punk - While I personally doubt this feud has much of a chance to come about, CM Punk has to be someone who is at least looked at. After recently coming off the longest World Championship run in WWE in more than a quarter century and a high profile feud against The Rock, Punk is definitely a legit star in the company. He's expected to take a little time off in order to rest and mend, so this certainly wouldn't happen right now. While I know Punk & Ziggler are both heels, they're still very over and could have a strong feud featuring top notch matches. Such a feud would possibly be the catalyst for one of them turning face, which WWE allegedly wants to do with Ziggler at some point.

Daniel Bryan - Even though we've been saying this for several months now, I think it's getting pretty close to the end of Team Hell No. I think they'll drop the titles to The Shield at Extreme Rules, maybe have a rematch or something on Raw, before going their separate ways. Given AJ's association with Ziggler, and the interaction we've seen with them during THN's title match build up against Ziggler & Big E. Langston, I think there's a genuine possibility of Bryan heading back into the WHC scene to feud with Ziggler. Personally, I think a Bryan vs. Ziggler singles feud over the title has a much fresher feel to it. We've seen Sheamus, Orton, Del Rio & Punk in WWE or World Championship programs so often and/or for so long that, in my opinion, they kind of seem to be a little above Ziggler at this point. In terms of overall star power, Bryan & Ziggler are much closer. I think that could give fans more of a sense of the feud ultimately being able to go either way as neither guy had a huge advantage in star power and main event time, even with the presence of AJ & Big E. Langston.

Yeah, well, now they've got their mid-card level, undersized champion and have to figure out what to do with him. Of the four wrestlers you list, I'd make the case that Orton and Sheamus wouldn't be good match-ups for Dolph because they're too big.... and how could we ever expect Dolph to beat them without tricks and outside interference? Punk isn't too big a body, but he's been tangling with much bigger game these past couple years; watching him get beaten straight-up by Dolph seems ludicrous, no?

Yes, Dolph is going to have to win some matches honestly to keep himself a viable champion, but I just can't see him doing it against the biggest stars. Hell, if he's going to have Crazy Chick shaking her ass and distracting the referee while Big E. clobbers the opponent in every match, how is Dolph ever going to make us believe in him as champ?

Okay, that leaves Daniel Bryan. Yes, his size compares to Dolph's and they can put on a more feasible looking contest. But, so what? Do you want to buy a PPV to see a world title match between Dolph vs. Daniel? If that excites you, then great. Not me.

If the writers....and Dolph himself.....are able to construct an attractive run as champion for this guy, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Can't see it, though. Yes, the company has invested tons of time in building up Dolph Ziggler, figuring they'd make him the star of the future (and the future has just arrived, apparently). Wanting to see their investment bear fruit, he's now the champion. Because he's been on our TV screens so much these past few years, there are a bunch of you on this forum that are convinced the fans go crazy when he's around. Personally, I see them sitting on their butts, not reacting one way or the other.

Perception is everything.

I would like to see him feud with Cm Punk, with the end result being Dolph going over and turning face in the process.

Plus imagine the matches these two could have together with both of them being high flyers and hard hitting superstars it would be very exciting to watch.

For me Dolph Ziggler should feud with Daniel Bryan. I see the end of Team Hell No and after that DB will move on to Ziggler. I mean that feud could be incredible with the wrestling ability of both men and that fact that DB is so over. Plus they could AJ in the feud as well and who knows may this time she wll double cross Ziggler and align herself wit Bryan.

If you want to really bring prestige back to the women and show what a show-off Dolph is, he needs to do a few jobs for Trish on her return. Nobody could give Trish a match like the Show Off.

Trish and Dolph could tear it down, and Dolph could get her in a rear naked mounted choke and stuff his fingers in her mouth. If anyone could bump for The Trish Kick and make it look like the most devastating move ont he planet, it's Dolph Ziggler.

I would say Christian, supposedly he's been cleared & is going to return soon, I'd love to see him shot back into the WHC scene. I assume Berty is gonna get a rematch at Extreme Rules, & then after that Ziggy will move onto a new challenger, & Christian is a perfect choice for that spot. He's capable of putting on great matches with anybody, is a former two time WHC, & is rumored to be returning as a face, he could easily carry a feud with Ziggy over the WHC for several months. All other prospects seem pretty busy with other things right now, it sounds like Orton & Sheamus are busy dealing with the likes of Show & Henry, Kane & Bryan seem to have their hands full with The Shield, Punk's a heel & unlikely to go after the WHC while Ziggy is holding it, plus he's rumored to be taking some time off to recover from some nagging injuries. That leaves Christian, who as I said, is the perfect person to feud with Ziggy once Berty & his rematch are out of the way.

Jericho would be the ideal person, but assuming he is going to continue his run with Fandango I think there are a few alternates:

Barrett, Bryan, Orton,

Daniel Bryan: Been mentioned a few times previously, he is a great wrestler and there is already a story in place in the form of AJ. Would also provide an opportunity for Kane and D-Bry to drop the tag titles to PTP.

Wade Barrett: I think the IC title is beneath barret, he is too good to be wasted on people like the Miz. Barrett should be competing for the WHC and could put a good feud together with Dolph. There is an argument that a feud between two heels wouldnt work but I would disagree, both characters are brash and cocky, and could easily spend weeks trying to one up each other and generally cause havoc for each other. Alternately you could turn Ziggler face but that idea isnt one I would choose.

Randy Orton: If we are speaking of someone who could really boost Zigglers status it is Orton. Like him or not he is one of the biggest names in the company, and is hugely over with the casual fans. He also has a habit of propelling people he feuds with into the main stage. CM Punk went nuclear after his feud with Orton which ultimately disbanded the New Nexus. Christian, Mark Henry, the Shield....all have been involved with recent feuds with Orton and all went on to big things (with the exception of Christian who has suffered various injuries).

I do think Daniel Bryan would be pretty cool, as well as a feud with Christian. However a DB feud would be better because of the AJ Angle they could play. Also I would love to see CM Punk and Dolph down the road for the belt too.

However I think if Undertaker came back and had a short feud with Dolph, that would really cement Dolph's new main event status. He doesn't need to beat him at WrestleMania, just a Survivor Series or something. Even though this probably wont happen, it would be cool.

Now "IF" HBK would come out of retirement, well do I need to say more?

Well, I see two potential feuds for Dolph Ziggler here and I see them playing out within the next six months. One of being with Alberto Del Rio, the reason being is that I think this feud has potential to be a great and with ADR getting his rematch Claus for losing the World Title, I could see this being the feud that carries us to at least Extreme Rules.

Another one is an obvious choice: Danial Bryan. Dolph Ziggle, just like Bryan has history with AJ and this could actually be something has potential if booked correctly. Dolph Ziggler vs Danial Bryan for the World Championship has ALLOT of potential and they could put on a wrestling Clinique at Payback or Money in the bank, maybe even Summerslam.

Honourable mentions:
Jack Swagger
Randy Orton
Sheamus
the Big Show
Kane

I would vote for just about anyone except Del Rio. He's the most bland face ever and I honestly cannot think of anything memorable about his championship run except for duck-taping Big Show to the mat.

I think Christian makes a lot of sense as he can have great matches, work the mic well, and ultimately lose to DZ to build him as a credible Champion.

A Swagger/Ziggler feud could be good as well, but not with the current "Real American" gimmick and DZ as a heel.

The big problem here is WWE lacks strong midcard faces right now that coule be elevated.

It's been WWE's go to match for so long they might as well keep it going. Regular SmackDown viewers know the match up I'm talking about for sure:

Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler.

These two guys may have faced each other one-on-one in televised matches more than any other two Superstars over like the last 3 years. So, how do we freshen it up? Double-turn. Rumor is Kofi is slated to go bad, a lot of fans want Dolph to go good. Give 'em both the opportunity on the same night.

Big E already wears a garb that is close in color scheme and theme to Kofi's default, Afro-Carribean gear. AJ has been with everybody else. Why not have them double cross Dolph, align with Kofi, and have Kofi steal Dolph's shine before he can even get started. By that I mean, Kofi would, with AJ and E's help, beat Dolph for the WHC on an episode of Raw, turning him heel, Dolph face, and allowing Dolph to chase the belt all summer, setting up a big win at SummerSlam.

There's your big summer angle, and there's two guys who have been paralleling each other so far move up into the main event together. Put together a slick video package of these guys facing off at different points throughout their careers ending in the big double turn footage, and folks will eat it up.

ok....my bet is the first feud will be with Alberto Del Rio. after that, i would love to see them move to other feuds with the hope being that the guy to take the title off Ziggler being..........Daniel Bryan. so i hope they save Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler for later when Ziggler's title run ends. as for who should feud with him, first it should be Swagger and Del Rio, then it should move to Del Rio, then after that a top fact like Orton (before he turns) then Sheamus.

I think a match with Orton is worthy of a spot on nexts years Mania - it can be that good. I'm not saying that Ziggler will keep the belt that long but it there is potential there.

I think Sheamus would be the best choice, after Del Rio gets his rematch. Sheamus deserves to be back in the main-event picture. He is talented in the ring and his mic-work is very enjoyable. This feud can last for a two/three months and their matches will be of a high standard. Sheamus can also be quite humorous so there is potential with AJ and Big E.

Although a feud with Daniel Bryan does seem likely after the match at WM29, mixed with the history with AJ, I do not see it coming. I think the Shield will be involved with Team Hell No and I still feel there is swerve upcoming involved Bryan. A match between the two is obviously very appealing I can't see it happening.

yeah, I agree about the two most probably feud: Sheamus, because now he is the top face of Smackdown, so I think he will be involved in the main event for the title;
Daniel Bryan, continuin the "Aj affair" that can be a very good thread.
Kane can be the enforces against Big E Langston.

Even Del Rio can be another good opponent (but I hope he can turn heel again, I prefer him as a heel, he is much more impressive).

The feud in my dream will be with the Undertaker... but we all know he can't wrestler continuosly.

Even though Orton, Sheamus & Del Rio make the obvious choices, i'm going with a man who is currently not in the WHC picture, and thats Daniel Bryan. His matches towards the end of 2010 with Dolph were amazing! If you have watched his match with Ziggler at Bragging Rights 2010, you'll know exactly know what I mean. Their matches for the WHC will be incredible. I would pay to see these 2 compete on a PPV for the title.

SummerSlam, DBry vs Ziggler for the WHC in a......wait for it........IRONMAN MATCH. If there are two guys that could go that long and make it entertaining it is them. The IWC would love that match, and it would not disappoint.

Daniel Bryan is a natural fit and would be a great feud that could help elevate both guys. I'd like to see this be during the Summer with maybe Bryan taking the title at Summer Slam and then dropping it back to Ziggler in a rematch.

Randy Orton would really help solidify Ziggler as the champ if he gives him a good match.

The Big Show can have solid matches when he's working with the smaller guys. I wouldn't want the feud to run too long, but it's entertaining and gives Ziggler lots of chances to take wicked bumps.

Jericho, after the run with Fandango is over.

Let this lead into a feud with someone like Punk (should he turn face) or Triple H (maybe a WrestleMania match next year).

I think Kane and Daniel Bryan would have a good feud with Dolph Ziggler with some of the AJ backstory in there. Sheamus and Orton going after Ziggler could be very entertaining. Both feuds would have that dynamic of two great faces going after a heel. I'm not big on Triple Threat matches though but you could have one face go after him this PPV and the other go after him next PPV.

I actuallly think The Miz vs. Ziggler would be a nice feud as well. I think the Miz would be a nice opponent for Ziggler and I think fans can buy into that.

Daniel Bryan could work a great programme with Dolph. They've got brilliant chemistry in the ring, and if WWE gave them time, could work an absolute classic match. Plus there's the AJ link, so it would make sense from a storyline point of view.

Great Khali is a former world champion who needs to get his name back out there. It is so easy to book. In fact I think I could do a Five Point Plan on the topic.

1) Dolph Ziggler is a mean champion and the crowd hates him and boos him for being a stinky jerk. He says "No one can beat me!!! I am the champion!!!"

2) Great Khali's music hits and he's wearing green pants and the lovely Natalya says "Hey Dolph, Khali has something to say to you!!". Khali gets the mic and says "SUCK IT!!!" OMG Khali is in DX!! Natalya too!! They crotch chop and the crowd goes crazy as the DX music plays!!!

3) The next week Dolph Ziggler says "There's no way I'm wrestling the Indian Dingleberry Machine" and the crowd really boos. It's very insensitive to Khali's hygienic issues. He says he's going to steal Khali's muffler!!!!

If you're unfamiliar with what a "muffler" is, please click the following link.

"Dusty's Muffler"

4) The next week Khali is really worried about Dolph Ziggler trying to take his muffler. He's put in a match with The World's Strongest Slam, Mark Henry. Mark Henry cheats and beats up Khali with some cheating and chair shots. Dolph Ziggler runs to the ring and reaches in Khali's pants, removing his muffler!!!! The horror!!! Natalya is crying and Khali is hurt but he is a brave champion and he swears revenge.

5) On Main Event, the Main Event happens!! The most heated blood feud in years!!! It's Dolph Ziggler vs Great Khali!!! The match lasts the entire hour, and Khali hits many many chops that Dolph kicks out of. Finally Great Khali goes to the top rope for the Great Moonsault!!!!!! Dolph rolls out of the way though and Khali hits the ring hard. Dolph cups his hand to his ear and says "YEAH BROTHER!" before hitting an Atomic Leg Drop for the win on The Great Khali!!!

It's perfect because Khali looks strong, and they can come back at the PPV for another match!!

Count me in the camp that wants to see a prolonged Bryan/Ziggler program that plays off Bryan and AJ's history. I think Bryan could the most out of Dolph, helping him to look like more than just a human crash test dummie.

Ziggler should work with Del Rio for the time being, and possibly get involved in another "filler" fued while Team Hell No works their upcoming program with The Shield, and drops the titles.

Once those things are in the rear-view the company can move onto a babyface Bryan versus a heel Ziggler extended program, which should benefit both men.

I think the Miz would be a nice opponent for Ziggler and I think fans can buy into that.

I would agree, if it were a feud between two guys working the mid-card......but that's the problem: I don't think it's worthy of the World Heavyweight Championship, and that's why I don't like the idea of Dolph Ziggler being the champ.

I believe WWE has made a big mistake. Let's see how long it takes them to realize it.

Again, nothing against Dolph as a performer.....just not as the guy with a major title belt.

It depends on where Dolph Ziggler goes from here. The popular choice seems to be The American Dragon Daniel Bryan. That's cool, fresh and I'd love to see it. I'd even love to see Kane. Mysterio could be cool too. However; I want to see something else first. Del Rio gets his rematch obviously. I'd rather see Ziggler take on someone in transition right now. Someone like Kofi, Barrett or Orton.

Kofi needs something. When was the last time he had any momentum as a singles performer? Barrett is doing nothing with the IC title. Perfect example is him losing and regaining it within 24 hours. It's a placeholder for him to stay in the spotlight until something presents itself. A Barrett Ziggler fued would be really interesting. Agility against brutality would be a cool angle. Where in the hell is Orton's heel turn? Give that guy something to do that doesn't involve wasting his talent and time.

Ziggler vs Del Rio for a few months is what we will get I am afraid but who knows with the WWE writing staff. My ideal feud for him would be with Orton as a heel vs Ziggler as a face because it will stop Randy moaning about being out of the main event picture and it will give Ziggler further tools to jump up the WWE Ladder.

When it comes to Sheamus and Orton, I think Ziggler needs to have a 3-way feud with the both of them, nevermind 1-on-1 feuds. Sheamus & Orton are the top two babyfaces on Smackdown, Ziggler beating the both of them in the same match would add major credibility to his reign and may even solidify his spot as the top guy on Smackdown. These 3 guys have spent the last 3 years battling and trading victories with each other on Smackdown in one-on-one matches. The three of them in a Triple Threat match for the World Title would finally determine who is the better man from the 3 and who is the 'King' of Smackdown. I actually thought this match should've been for the World Title at Wrestlemania instead of Del Rio vs. Swagger. After all their history together, it just makes so much sense for all three to feud with each other at the same time and face off in a Triple Threat match for the belt.

Also Dolph wouldn't have to pull off any tricks or outside interference just to win. Sheamus could take out Orton with the Brogue Kick, Ziggler comes up from behind Sheamus and hits the Zig-Zag on him, and then crawls on top of Orton, stealing the win and winning in an honorable way....I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back