Who should be the next Paul Heyman Guy or Girl?

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Paul Heyman it seems he is going to be in need of a new client especially considering by all intensive purposes Brock Lesnar has more or less turned his back on Paul Heyman after that attack on RAW last week. However, that being said who do you think should be the next Paul Heyman Guy or Girl?

Names that spring to mind as to who Paul Heyman could be an advocate for:

Roman Reigns
Authors of Pain
Shayna Baszler
Tommaso Ciampa
Aleister Black
Samoa Joe
Ronda Rousey
Kevin Owens
Braun Strowman
Bobby Lashley

Those are just off the top of my head anyway

It needs to be either Lashley or Owens. Both of them are in situations in their careers where they need Heyman, wheather as a mouthpeice (Lashley) or as an "insurence policy" (Owens). I do think Lashley needs him the most, and in the end, he will probably be the one to get him.

Nobody, put him in creative or something.. Heyman is not a good manager.. They tried putting him with people in the past and it always flops..

Nobody, put him in creative or something.. Heyman is not a good manager.. They tried putting him with people in the past and it always flops..

The reason for that being that Heyman was put with stars who were not as established or who were unproven case in point Curtis Axel, Ryback and Cesaro who were not main event guys hence they were not established and were unproven. If those guys were main event caliber guys already before Heyman came to them then it would have worked. The only reason why Heyman worked with Punk and or Lesnar is because they were legitimized proven main event caliber guys.

It needs to be either Lashley or Owens. Both of them are in situations in their careers where they need Heyman, wheather as a mouthpeice (Lashley) or as an "insurence policy" (Owens). I do think Lashley needs him the most, and in the end, he will probably be the one to get him.

Lashley being the one to be Heyman's new guy his new client makes the most sense. I will tell you why. Lashley is not only a legitimate guy in the sense that as soon as he left WWE he became a proven, legitimate fighter in the MMA world fighting in Bellator. Lashley in TNA improved on his craft as a wrestler and became a main event guy in TNA becoming a World Champion over there. I know that doesn't really count but Lashley basically improved a lot in the time he has been away from WWE however Lashley still needs a mouthpiece and who better than Paul? Lashley of course would have to turn heel. Of course that wouldn't be a problem for Lashley as he has proven that in his time away from WWE that he actually can be a great heel if they actually let him work. As a heel especially under Heyman's guidance under his direction Lashley can become a main event level talent he can essentially become the next Brock once Brock inevitably leaves which he no doubt will.

As far as an Owens-Heyman alliance it would basically be similar to Punk aligning himself with Heyman and the 2 of them would play off of each other so well. Owens basically doesn't need Heyman much like how Punk didn't need Heyman but the partnership worked and it could again if you put Owens with Heyman because Owens is a main event caliber talent the man is a former WWE Universal Champion.

I don't want anybody with him. The proof is there, Heyman Stick Only work with somebody that compliment him like a Lesnar or CM Punk. If you put him with a random wrestler, it won't work. They tried him with Cesaro, it didn't work. They tried him with Curtis Axel, it didn't work, they Tried him with Ryback, it fail as well. So what makes you think that it would work with anybody else on the roster right now.

The problem with Heyman is that if you don'T put him with a megastar, fans just won't buy into him as a manager. So right now the only name that comes to mind would be Reigns but that's not going to happen because of the merchandise sales that vince won't want to give up, Rollins, who's to over right now to turn, Bryan but same as Rollins or AJ Styles. Outside of that he doesn'T really fit anywhere.

So what i would do at summerslam is have Reigns beat Lesnar because of some sort of mistake that Paul made, then write off his on screen character by having Lesnar destroy him. Then if he wants to, use him as a creative consultant or something like that. He doesn'T need to be on screen after summerslam and he doesn't need to represent somebody else because in the end. his style doesn'T really work with anybody on the roster outside of lesnar.

I don't want anybody with him. The proof is there, Heyman Stick Only work with somebody that compliment him like a Lesnar or CM Punk. If you put him with a random wrestler, it won't work. They tried him with Cesaro, it didn't work. They tried him with Curtis Axel, it didn't work, they Tried him with Ryback, it fail as well. So what makes you think that it would work with anybody else on the roster right now.

The problem with Heyman is that if you don'T put him with a megastar, fans just won't buy into him as a manager. So right now the only name that comes to mind would be Reigns but that's not going to happen because of the merchandise sales that vince won't want to give up, Rollins, who's to over right now to turn, Bryan but same as Rollins or AJ Styles. Outside of that he doesn'T really fit anywhere.

So what i would do at summerslam is have Reigns beat Lesnar because of some sort of mistake that Paul made, then write off his on screen character by having Lesnar destroy him. Then if he wants to, use him as a creative consultant or something like that. He doesn'T need to be on screen after summerslam and he doesn't need to represent somebody else because in the end. his style doesn'T really work with anybody on the roster outside of lesnar.

Unless they ship Heyman off to NXT and he ends up working with one of the talent down there. I mean it could happen in the sense that they could pair Heyman up with any of the NXT talent realistically and he could more or less make him or her a bigger star than they already are in NXT depending on who they put him with in NXT which realistically could be: Lars Sullivan or Shayna Baszler.

I believe the best direction for Heyman would be to manage Reigns and the AOP. Reigns heel turn would be great for his character right now. AOP need something and Heyman could easily get them over as the top team on Raw.

One of the major major reasons for this is that Heyman oversells the wrestler. And when they turn out to be not worth the hype, they flop.
This is not to say the wrestlers that Heyman represented were bad. But when you have Heyman hyping you like the second coming of Christ, you have no chance of recovering after a slip up.

For Heyman guys/gals to succeed, he needs to take it down a notch. Don't treat everyone with the same Lesnar like intensity.

Now, as for the OP's question, I hope they make a Heyman Guys/Gals faction. All the indy guys who have been left behind by the WWE machine. Those who have had to always play the second fiddle to the homegrown WWE talent. Heyman takes them under his wing like he did during his ECW days. With all the Heyman is trying to relive his former glory motive added.

Just thought about something. How about braun strowman. He's a big monster that need a mouthpiece to be taken seriously.

What I would do is have reigns beat lesnar at summerslam because of heyman's interference, then you tease a reigns heel turn but reigns take heyman by the collar and set him up to hit him when all of a sudden, strowman's music plays and he hit reigns from behind with the briefcase. Then he picks him up for the powerslam. 1,2,3. Strowman is the new champion and then he pick up heyman and shake his hand and we end summerslam with strowman as champion with heyman as his advocate.

Just thought about something. How about braun strowman. He's a big monster that need a mouthpiece to be taken seriously.

Taken seriously? He's one of the most over wrestlers on the entire roster and whenever he's been given an opportunity to shine, he's done exactly that. Right now, Strowman is a face and that looks likely to continue for the time being, and it probably should as it's working out just fine for him.

What I would do is have reigns beat lesnar at summerslam because of heyman's interference, then you tease a reigns heel turn but reigns take heyman by the collar and set him up to hit him when all of a sudden, strowman's music plays and he hit reigns from behind with the briefcase. Then he picks him up for the powerslam. 1,2,3. Strowman is the new champion and then he pick up heyman and shake his hand and we end summerslam with strowman as champion with heyman as his advocate.

I'd be perfectly fine with this idea if we hadn't spent all this friggin' time of Reigns force fed to us in regards to the big push and being the guy to ultimately take down Lesnar. For a lot of us, it's been a long, frustrating road but now that it's finally here, he needs to win the title and hold it for a while. Personally, I'd just rather have Heyman turn on Lesnar, help Reigns win and align himself with Reigns. This way, Reigns can walk about as though he owns the place and all that while Heyman does most of his talking fo rhim which, in m opinion, works because Reigns just can't do the long promos on the main roster. The few times we've seen Reigns get fired up and deliver passionately on the mic, he's done quite well but those times are few and far in between. Most of the time, he just drones on with little to no passion behind his words and saying an occasional curse word is no substitute for passion.

But yeah, I just think it'd be a big ol' pecker slap right in the face to have had to sit through all this stuff with Lesnar and Reigns only for the whole thing to end with a MITB screwjob cash in and Reigns STILL chasing the damn belt. Either make him champ or get him the hell out of there already.

Taken seriously? He's one of the most over wrestlers on the entire roster and whenever he's been given an opportunity to shine, he's done exactly that. Right now, Strowman is a face and that looks likely to continue for the time being, and it probably should as it's working out just fine for him.

I'd be perfectly fine with this idea if we hadn't spent all this friggin' time of Reigns force fed to us in regards to the big push and being the guy to ultimately take down Lesnar. For a lot of us, it's been a long, frustrating road but now that it's finally here, he needs to win the title and hold it for a while. Personally, I'd just rather have Heyman turn on Lesnar, help Reigns win and align himself with Reigns. This way, Reigns can walk about as though he owns the place and all that while Heyman does most of his talking fo rhim which, in m opinion, works because Reigns just can't do the long promos on the main roster. The few times we've seen Reigns get fired up and deliver passionately on the mic, he's done quite well but those times are few and far in between. Most of the time, he just drones on with little to no passion behind his words and saying an occasional curse word is no substitute for passion.

But yeah, I just think it'd be a big ol' pecker slap right in the face to have had to sit through all this stuff with Lesnar and Reigns only for the whole thing to end with a MITB screwjob cash in and Reigns STILL chasing the damn belt. Either make him champ or get him the hell out of there already.

For those that suffered throughout the process of reigns getting the title from lesnar, I feel sorry for you guys. It's too bad that your in the minority even if your the loud minority your still in the minority. I thoses that hate reigns push would be the same fans that would have bitch about Hogan or warrior getting a major push back in the day or fans that never truly accepted cena as a top guy. But what's my opinion. Like it or not, Vince will NEVER TURN REIGNS HEEL because there too much money to be made with reigns and he super over with kids and charities and that's more important then pleasing the smart fans.

The problem I have with strowman is that He's over because of the over the top stuff he doing, when he talk, he doesn't feel like a monster and more like a comedy act that's doing tremendous acts of strength and in the long run, that's got a selling. He need somebody to make him sound like a monster and make people forget about all the comedy stuff He's been doing lately. Heyman could be that answer at this point. Putting a mouthpiece with strowman would help him be even more over and less of a one dimensional character he is right now. I think that strowman would be a great fit with heyman at less he would be a better fit then reigns but that's just my take on this.

I feel that reigns is great in the John cena position and his promos are better then a lot of the guys on raw right now so why make another mistake like they did back in the day with Austin and turn somebody heel because some fans want to see it and throw a lot of money out the windows at the same time.

For those that suffered throughout the process of reigns getting the title from lesnar, I feel sorry for you guys. It's too bad that your in the minority even if your the loud minority your still in the minority. I thoses that hate reigns push would be the same fans that would have bitch about Hogan or warrior getting a major push back in the day or fans that never truly accepted cena as a top guy. But what's my opinion. Like it or not, Vince will NEVER TURN REIGNS HEEL because there too much money to be made with reigns and he super over with kids and charities and that's more important then pleasing the smart fans.

The process as you call it in getting Reigns over has taken the better part of 4 years, 4 YEARS, and it's still ongoing. Who else can you name that it took that deserved this long of a push. No wonder people are sick to death of him.

You have to also remember that Reigns isn't the only one who sells merchandise. I hate to break it too you, but if Reigns left the company tomorrow they wouldn't go out of business. You seem to suggest that they would if Reigns up and left.

As for Hogan, he was wrestling back in the day. He didn't need a push like Reigns is getting neither did Warrior. Although in hindsight, Warrior's championship run didn't live up to expectations.

The problem I have with strowman is that He's over because of the over the top stuff he doing, when he talk, he doesn't feel like a monster and more like a comedy act that's doing tremendous acts of strength and in the long run, that's got a selling. He need somebody to make him sound like a monster and make people forget about all the comedy stuff He's been doing lately. Heyman could be that answer at this point. Putting a mouthpiece with strowman would help him be even more over and less of a one dimensional character he is right now. I think that strowman would be a great fit with heyman at less he would be a better fit then reigns but that's just my take on this.

Strowman is over because of his feud with Reigns. He is supposed to be a heel, but everyone Reigns faces ends up the face. Been like that since he met Lesnar at Mania 4 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long.

I feel that reigns is great in the John cena position and his promos are better then a lot of the guys on raw right now so why make another mistake like they did back in the day with Austin and turn somebody heel because some fans want to see it and throw a lot of money out the windows at the same time.

The difference between Reigns and Cena is that fans actually want to see Cena wrestle. Cena can talk rings around Reigns any day of the week, and even though he's definitely a part timer now he still outsells him at the t-shirt stand. There is no comparison between Cena and Reigns.

As for the topic of the thread. Heyman can just go away after Lesnar drops the title. He will always be associated with Lesnar and I can't see him with anyone else. That might be the reason he failed with the other's he's managed, he's a Lesnar guy and that's it. You also have to take into account that the other wrestler's actually show up each week, so in my opinion what do they need Heyman for.

I can see him as an announcer but don't think he would take direction from Vince talking in his ear, so yeah that would be a bust too.

The process as you call it in getting Reigns over has taken the better part of 4 years, 4 YEARS, and it's still ongoing. Who else can you name that it took that deserved this long of a push. No wonder people are sick to death of him.

You have to also remember that Reigns isn't the only one who sells merchandise. I hate to break it too you, but if Reigns left the company tomorrow they wouldn't go out of business. You seem to suggest that they would if Reigns up and left.

As for Hogan, he was wrestling back in the day. He didn't need a push like Reigns is getting neither did Warrior. Although in hindsight, Warrior's championship run didn't live up to expectations.

Strowman is over because of his feud with Reigns. He is supposed to be a heel, but everyone Reigns faces ends up the face. Been like that since he met Lesnar at Mania 4 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long.

The difference between Reigns and Cena is that fans actually want to see Cena wrestle. Cena can talk rings around Reigns any day of the week, and even though he's definitely a part timer now he still outsells him at the t-shirt stand. There is no comparison between Cena and Reigns.

As for the topic of the thread. Heyman can just go away after Lesnar drops the title. He will always be associated with Lesnar and I can't see him with anyone else. That might be the reason he failed with the other's he's managed, he's a Lesnar guy and that's it. You also have to take into account that the other wrestler's actually show up each week, so in my opinion what do they need Heyman for.

I can see him as an announcer but don't think he would take direction from Vince talking in his ear, so yeah that would be a bust too.

Yeah, I get your point about reigns but the fact is, reigns is outselling everybody on the roster and by a large margin so I get why Vince continue to put him in this spot every week and would rather listen to the silent majority then the very vocal minority. The fact is, we can't really judge who over and who's not the same way we did in the 80's and 90's because they didn't have social media and the internet back then and a very select few we're following the newsletters so you didn't have as much smart fans as we have today so It's harder for a wrestlers to get over with everybody especially when you have the backing of the company.

News flash to everybody that never really wanted to give reigns a chance, all you're favorite for over 30 years have gotten the same push as reigns and the company got behind them. Right now on the main rosters, they a lot of wrestlers that's getting this hard push as well so that's been the culture of WWE/F business for ever and I won't ever change until somebody not name McMahon or in the McMahon family take over the company. The best thing I've heard about this as a comparison is something that Bruce Pritchard said a few weeks ago on his podcast. Fans complaining on the internet is pretty much like when fans we're taking it seriously and would attack wrestlers after the matches back in the 70 and 80's, so they didn't take this seriously back then and they don't take it seriously now. It's part of the business right now.

But I got to agree with you about heyman, just have him dissapear after mania. I don't want to see him with anybody else because he not able to have the same sort of magic with everybody else then it has with lesnar.

It was not a lack of meshing that doomed them it was that WWE used them to keep Brock relevant.....
With Caesaro he spent more time talking about Brock who was away than his own man
With Curtis well he didnt have it and the problem was that he and later Ryback were just used a sstepping stones for Punk in his feud withHeyman and Brock

Yeah, I get your point about reigns but the fact is, reigns is outselling everybody on the roster and by a large margin so I get why Vince continue to put him in this spot every week and would rather listen to the silent majority then the very vocal minority. The fact is, we can't really judge who over and who's not the same way we did in the 80's and 90's because they didn't have social media and the internet back then and a very select few we're following the newsletters so you didn't have as much smart fans as we have today so It's harder for a wrestlers to get over with everybody especially when you have the backing of the company.

Just a few more points before I get out of this quagmire.

First of all, you keep saying that Reigns outsells everyone else by a large margin, your words not mine. Where are you getting this information from. All the reports I've seen say that Cena is the top seller. Reigns might be in the top 5, but that means there are 4 other guys right up there with him. I believe Rusev's shirt, Rollins, Styles and New Day are nipping at his heels.

You also keep blaming the so called "smart" fans for Reigns failure. I don't think you know what a smart fan even is. This is the definition of a "smart fan".

Having inside knowledge of the wrestling business. Originally used to refer to those who were aware of the existence of kayfabe and the scripted nature of professional wrestling.

That pretty much describes any fan today who has access to a computer, smart phone and internet. Even those kids that you speak of that are keeping Reigns up there, you know the ones getting their parents to buy his stuff for them, could be described as smart fans. While they might not frequent wrestling forums, they know how to use a computer probably better than I do, so they know the drill. Maybe just maybe some fans are turned off by him, has that thought ever crossed your mind. Not everyone is going to like every wrestler and those darn kids will grow up and move onto someone else. What will the WWE do then?

That pretty much describes any fan today who has access to a computer, smart phone and internet. Even those kids that you speak of that are keeping Reigns up there, you know the ones getting their parents to buy his stuff for them, could be described as smart fans. While they might not frequent wrestling forums, they know how to use a computer probably better than I do, so they know the drill. Maybe just maybe some fans are turned off by him, has that thought ever crossed your mind. Not everyone is going to like every wrestler and those darn kids will grow up and move onto someone else. What will the WWE do then?

That we're I disagree with you. If you go by your logic, every wwe fans that have access to a computer or a phone follow every single little thing that happens backstage, which isn't the case. Not every WWE fans is on their computer everyday trying to find out every little backstage detail in wwe or go and listen to podcast. A lot of them are still just follow WWE as a form of entertainment and don't try to search anything else about. And for most kids, they have so much more stuff to do that they don't waste their time on the internet reading about wrestling like we do or even care about backstage stuff or that It's fake. For them, while they know that It's fake, they still believe in the characters and don't care about backstage. Also you have a lot of casual fans that just don't care about this stuff like we do. So they're more fans that I don't considered smart fans.

Also, as far as the whole reigns selling more then everybody else thing that I keep mentioning, just go on the wwe corporate page, they did release the merchandise sale number for last year and the first quarter of this year.

Finally, to respond to you're last comment, when this kids grows up and move on, their will be other kids that will replace them. That's always been that way. You and I we're wrestling fans when we we're kids and did we move on. I don't know about you, but if you're still talking about it and following it on the internet you probably are, but i still follow it. And as gets older, i tend to see the product the way the way i saw it when i was a kid. That's kinda why i butt head with a lot of fans on wrestling forums because for me, I see reigns like he in the same group as Hogan and cena. He's the new superhero for kids and I accept that more easily then most but that's just my opinion.

NEVER TURN REIGNS HEEL because there too much money to be made with reigns and he super over with kids and charities and that's more important then pleasing the smart fans.

That's absolutely ridiculous. The only reason he's so over with those kids is the way he's booked. They don't know any better because WWE pushes him as the top guy. You turn him heel and those same kids will get behind the next guy WWE puts in that spot just as much. That's the way it's always been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back