• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should be in the Semi-Main Event of BFG?

rko57

The Icon
We all know that the Triple Threat World Title match should be the main event here for at TNA's Mania, my question is who should be the match that is right before it? We have 3 logical options:

6 Man War-Deception
Sting, Nash, and Pope vs. Jarrett, Joe, and Hogan/TBA

Monsters Ball-Who are "They"?
Abyss vs. Rob Van Dam

Lethal Lockdown: Fortune vs. EV2.0
Styles, Kaz, Beer Money, Morgan vs. Dreamer, Rhino, Sabu, Raven, Richards

Deception has been going on since January, "They" has been going on since Abyss' heel turn, and TNA is really pushing Fortune/EV2.0 for some reason (I get the Fortune, not EV2.0)

I would go with the Deception match just because Sting has been in the Main Event of every BFG other than the 1st one, and you also have the star power with Joe, Jarrett, and Nash. They also makes sense since it's basically the biggest angle right now even though I wouldn't put it right before the Main Event

I have a feeling TNA will go with 3rd option of Lethal Lockdown just because of how much TNA managment is behind EV2.0.

What do y'all think should be the Semi-Main Event of Bound For Glory?

the semi main event for bound for glory should be lethal lockdown, simply because the companys best wrestler is in it: aj styles.

It was a joke that they left him out of the 8 man tournament to even crown a new champion. the fact that hes involved in a faction war rather then fighting for the title he recently held for 8 months is ludicrous, and a bigger example of piss poor booking on TNA's part.

But being the fact that TNA devoted an entire PPV to getting over this hardcore faction, along with the quality of guys in the match on Fourtunes side, this match should go on next to last. TNA has devoted far more time and energy to this then they have the other matches. RVD's "triumphant" return was done via phone call. Can Hulk Hogan even get out of the hospital bed to be present for the show? Theyld have to name a last minute replacement if not. TNA simply hasnt invested the time or energy into promoting either match to give it second billing on their biggest pay per view of the year. After returning to Impact, two weeks ago, RVD wasn't even there Thursday! However......

When it comes to Lethal Lockdown, Tommy Dreamer cuts 20 minute promos on Fourtune, followed by a ladder match for the "advantage" at Lethal Lockdown between Sabu and Styles main evented the next week. Thursday, there were two matches involving the factions(lumberjack tag match and Styles vs Kendrick) and a long Flair/Foley promo exchange. This and the World title have been given the most time, and emotion, and therfore, should be the matches closing the show.

I think "They" are part of the Deception and will all be revealed in the semi-main event of Sting, Nash, and Pope vs. Jarrett, Joe, and Hogan. The Abyss vs. RVD match could go on as scheduled without Abyss revealing "They" until after he kills RVD yet again.

Lethal Lockdown. That match has a number of big time guys in it and it is fairly logical to have it at that position. If it wasn't for such a stacked main event, I could easily see a match like a Lethal Lockdown main eventing that show. The EV 2.0 angle is pretty huge so I don't see why not have it be that high. Also, RVD - Abyss has a chance too. They work pretty well together and they're both pretty big names.

the main event should of been something mre i think the they gimmick should be debut there maybe it will i am sure it will but it doesnt matter what the main event is kurt will win doesnt he have the stipualtion if he loses he retires or was that just for him to get to the finals then he was clear of it

I think that Semi Main Event will be the Tag Match between Sting Nash & Pope Vs Joe & Jarrett it makes sense for it to be this match because the Deception angle has been going on for months. You could make a case for the Lethal Lockdown match and Abyss Vs RVD it could be either of those matches but I guess will just have to wait for BFG to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back