BFG Main Event

IHW

WZCW's Brent Blaze
Bound For Glory isn't being discussed enough.

What will be the main event of TNA's biggest Pay Per View of the year?

There are many options they could go with. It could be the simple choice of Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. But, is there enough interest in this match yet? Is it the best match-up on the card?

Maybe its James Storm vs. Bobby Roode. This match has the interest and the build to be a main event. It sure isn't everything it once was, but the match is still going to be a great one. Its under street fight rules, which could help or hurt the match. King Mo is a throw off here. Should he be involved in the main event at all?

I wouldn't put it past TNA to have Aces and Eights vs. Team TNA either. A tag match for the main event of BFG would be weird, but it could happen. It may have the most interesting finish to it.

Thoughts on what the main event will be?

Personally I've always wanted it to be Storm vs. Roode. They've had a year long feud and this is the culmination of it, Storm finally defeating Roode and giving fans that big feel good moment is certainly worthy of ending the PPV, but without the belt on the line it is highly unlikely. It still could possibly go on last even without the World Title and I wouldn't mind if it does, but it's not gonna be built as the most important match of the night.

Aries vs. Hardy or A&8 vs. TNA is what I see ending the PPV. It depends really on the finishes of the two matches. If Aries vs. Hardy is gonna end with someone winning and nothing more then A&8 vs. TNA should go on last because it will finally reveal all the answers to A&8, you wanna end the PPV on something big. If something is gonna happen after Aries vs. Hardy then I see that ending the PPV cause it will be more shocking than the reveal of the A&8 mystery as no one will have seen it coming.

I honestly don't see Aries vs. Hardy ending without a big finish. If Aries vs. Hardy were a heel vs. face main event then I could see it ending normally, but in the past, if face vs. face main events at the big ones have taught us anything, it's that something is gonna go down (exception being Hogan vs. Warrior at WM 6 but that was big for Hogan passing the torch). I've compared this one to Austin vs. Rock at WM 17 before, with Hardy in (Steve) Austin's role where he is trying to complete his year long comeback to the top and Aries in Rock's role where he is trying to prove he is the very best in the company, somebody will take drastic measures to win/retain the belt and with the recent tease of an Aries' heel turn, it probably will be Austin (Aries) who does that and turns heel. Hell, we might see the mystery of A&8's revealed in the World Title match instead of in A&8 vs. Team TNA, they might help Aries retain & he is revealed as the leader - anything in this company is possible. I know there was a small Aries vs. A&8's feud not long ago but that could've been just a ruse to put us all off. Or it could be Hardy considering his history at BFG, how many people have even suspected Hardy of being the leader? Nobody, because it's been done before and they don't expect history to repeat itself but that just might be what happens, TNA will do anything to shock the fans. What heat he would get from that, Hardy turning on the fans & shattering their hearts again after they gave him a second chance & put all their faith in him, he'd be truly hated for that.

Yeah, thinking about it, I'm gonna predict that A&8's will win but only the members of the group will be revealed in their match and then in Aries vs. Hardy, the leader is revealed to be either Aries or Hardy. You have both halves of the A&8 mystery revealed in each match.

Bound For Glory isn't being discussed enough.

There's just not a ton of buzz going around that's generating a lot of excitement quite frankly. Unfortunately, as of right now, BFG feels like just another show rather than TNA's biggest ppv of the year. That doesn't mean that it can't be or won't be a great show, but it just doesn't feel like anything major.

What will be the main event of TNA's biggest Pay Per View of the year?

There are many options they could go with. It could be the simple choice of Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. But, is there enough interest in this match yet? Is it the best match-up on the card?

As of right now, Aries vs. Hardy is the main event but I don't look for it to hold up. The fact that Bully Ray keeps getting placed in the picture with these two suggests that the match will become a threeway dance at BFG. Aries vs. Hardy would probably be a great match in and of itself. The problem is that there's no heat for this feud right now. It hasn't been treated like it's a huge deal by TNA. Throughout his run as champ, Aries' run has taken something of a backseat to the Aces & Eights angle. Right now, there's far more attention placed on it than on this TNA WHC match. If BFG was just another ppv, then the current build would probably be ok but it's not supposed to be just another ppv. Adding Bully Ray could possibly add some needed heat to this feud. BFG is only two weeks away and TNA has some work to do in order to sell this match.

Maybe its James Storm vs. Bobby Roode. This match has the interest and the build to be a main event. It sure isn't everything it once was, but the match is still going to be a great one. Its under street fight rules, which could help or hurt the match. King Mo is a throw off here. Should he be involved in the main event at all?

Storm vs. Roode is a match that, in my eyes, could've been money for TNA. Ulike Aries & Hardy thus far, we know that Storm & Roode have phenomenal chemistry together. They're a feud that, late last year and on through much of the summer, fans invested a good amount of interest in. Now, for the most part, it's just another match on the card. I'm sure it'll be a good match, but there's no huge payoff here. I think this feud has lost a lot of steam. The fact that it's not for the TNA WHC has hurt it some in my view but there's also just not been a ton of attention put on this feud as of late. Again, it's mostly about Aces & Eights at this time.

I wouldn't put it past TNA to have Aces and Eights vs. Team TNA either. A tag match for the main event of BFG would be weird, but it could happen. It may have the most interesting finish to it.

Thoughts on what the main event will be?

If you ultimately mean by "main event" as in which match is going to close the show, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Aces & Eights tag team match closes things. As I said, Aces & Eights is the angle that's gotten the most attention over the past few months. It's gotten most of the build thus far for BFG. I think that TNA could close the show with this if they're going for a shocking "OMG" moment, such as maybe revealing who the members of Aces & Eights are, who their leader is, etc.

I have to agree with every post on here. Theres different ways the PPV can be put together, I think Aries vs Hardy can be the Main Event. TNA needs to have a video package showing Jeff's first arrival in TNA and his first departure. His return and then the relapse at Victory Road. I believe they should have Aries be the "young lion" and be really aggressive about the match. I wouldnt want it to be a 3 way dance cause it negates the purpose of the series. Honestly when Jeff won it should have been a celebration. It doesnt feel like a royal rumble win....kinda feel. nothing very prestigious about it. TBH I'd like to see Beer Money back together in a few months. maybe to battle Aces n 8's. BFG needs an ultimate X match, and bring back the king of the mountain match, just moderate it a lil. I hope this time next year guys like the Pope and RVD and Mr Anderson are back on top. TNA wasted 3 big feuds that would have elevated them. Pope vs Styles Roode vs Storm(befor Storm semi retirement) Mr Anderson vs Styles(title match)

Reactions: IHW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back