Who says chicks can't rock the metal?

Don't get me wrong, Flyleaf kicks ass. The female singer has the most unique voice... but her screams are garbage.

I prefer female vocalists with more power.

Meh, this song say different:

[YOUTUBE]-bTcvpa8DWI[/YOUTUBE]

She just doesn't hit that kind of note often, which I think is a good thing. I'm with Norcal on this one... that shit's unnecessary most of the time and completely ruins what could have been a good song.

Won't say that's the best choice for girls rocking the metal genre D, Flyleaf does it better, Evanescence as well.

But it was good although.
You shut your mouth mother fucker. Lacuna Coil >>>>>>>>>>>> Flyleaf, and Cristina Scabbia (female vocalist of Lacuna Coil) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The girl from Flyleaf, and Scabbia >>> Amy Lee.

Honestly, Flyleaf is good but Lacuna Coil is just a better band. And Evanescence is so overrated.
This was true until you said Evanescence was overrated. I actually enjoy Evanescence, so I won't say they're overrated.
And Halestorm fucking rules.
I just heard Halestorm for the first time thanks to this thread, and I agree with the sentiment that they fucking rule. Good shit.

Oh, and of all the Lacuna Coil stuff that has been posted, you really went with something off of SHALLOW LIFE? I liked the album, but really there are a lot of better choices.

Lacuna Coil - Our Truth (from the album Karmacode)
[YOUTUBE]XCxFTh-XDy8[/YOUTUBE]

Lacuna Coil - Senzafine (from the albums Halflife and Unleashed Memories)
[YOUTUBE]g8QMAMsId1U[/YOUTUBE]

Lacuna Coil - Senzafine (acoustic version from the limited edition of Comalies)
[YOUTUBE]e1-kcpDpZ8E[/YOUTUBE]

Trust me, Our Truth is awesome. But I'm a bigger fan of the new song and of Spellbound.

You shut your mouth mother fucker. Lacuna Coil >>>>>>>>>>>> Flyleaf, and Cristina Scabbia (female vocalist of Lacuna Coil) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The girl from Flyleaf, and Scabbia >>> Amy Lee.

You better take that back son, or I'm gonna do something very horrible to someone you don't know!

Trust me, Our Truth is awesome. But I'm a bigger fan of the new song and of Spellbound.
Really? Really? I love the new album (that isn't so new anymore), but the older stuff (especially older older stuff like Senzafine) is the shit, and in my opinion is better then the newer stuff.

You better take that back son, or I'm gonna do something very horrible to someone you don't know!

uh oh, I better take it back, I don't want something bad to happen to someone I don't know....

How about instead of "you shut your mouth mother fucker," I say "I'm sorry sir, but I happen to disagree with you on the matter. I am of the opinion that Lacuna Coil are much, much better then Flyleaf and better then Evanescence. The same can be said for the female vocalists of each band. Good day sir."

Is that better?

uh oh, I better take it back, I don't want something bad to happen to someone I don't know....

How about instead of "you shut your mouth mother fucker," I say "I'm sorry sir, but I happen to disagree with you on the matter. I am of the opinion that Lacuna Coil are much, much better then Flyleaf and better then Evanescence. The same can be said for the female vocalists of each band. Good day sir."

Is that better?

:lmao: Much better ST85.

But I will disagree on that as well, and that would bring us nowhere.

Do I really have to give the name of the metal band made up of chicks that I prefer? I have a feeling most of you would call them garbage, and I'd have to go nuclear on somebody.

Do I really have to give the name of the metal band made up of chicks that I prefer? I have a feeling most of you would call them garbage, and I'd have to go nuclear on somebody.

That's because we all prefer women that don't look like they just got off a 5-day straight crack binge.

Honestly, Flyleaf is good but Lacuna Coil is just a better band. And Evanescence is so overrated.

I think you and I would get along just famously at a concert, D-Man. I can't stand Evanescence and Cristina Scabbia is a goddess. mmm hmmm

By the way, I'd be a bad friend if I didn't mention NSL's favorite band, In This Moment. Maria is pretty damn talented.

And, yes, I do enjoy Lacuna Coil, as well. Have for nearly seven years. Awesome live.

I'm guessing the answer to the question was probably a man :p But yeah the Lacuna Coil song you posted wasn't bad- it just all seemed a little bland for me. I don't really listen to metal anymore but I did hear a song reccently which isn't too far from it. The guitar work at the beginning is the same vein as accoustic Opeth (though much much more simple of course)

[YOUTUBE]iftp2SEKB6Q[/YOUTUBE]

I quite like the song- though again perhaps thats more to do with what it lined up against in Eurovision.

Lacuna Coil is not a female-fronted band, folks. They have dual-lead singers. Cristina Scabbia is the female and Andrea Ferro is the male, and that band has nothing on Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy. When it comes to female vocalists in metal, she puts all others to shame IMO.

[YOUTUBE]n9AcG0glVu4[/YOUTUBE]

I also really hope all this talk of Flyleaf and Evanescence in the vein of legitimate female singers in metal is a joke. Neither of those bands are even moderately metal.

Lacuna Coil is not a female-fronted band, folks. They have dual-lead singers. Cristina Scabbia is the female and Andrea Ferro is the male, and that band has nothing on Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy. When it comes to female vocalists in metal, she puts all others to shame IMO.

[YOUTUBE]n9AcG0glVu4[/YOUTUBE]

I also really hope all this talk of Flyleaf and Evanescence in the vein of legitimate female singers in metal is a joke. Neither of those bands are even moderately metal.

When speaking to someone under the age of 30 years old, why does "metal" always have to consist of screaming and grunting vocals that we can't even understand? That must be the worst song I've ever heard.

When speaking to someone under the age of 30 years old, why does "metal" always have to consist of screaming and grunting vocals that we can't even understand? That must be the worst song I've ever heard.

The ONLY time non-stop screaming and grunting is acceptable in metal is with black and doom metal. And, sorry, chicks just can't rock those subgenres....

Hearing a woman scream during a song is just as annoying as hearing them scream when they want something from me. Both are unacceptable.

Yeah, and FUCK the double-standard. Men are good at scream-singing... women are not. End of story.

It doesn't, but in no way does Flyleaf belong on the same continent, let alone the same room, as Nightwish, Arch Enemy, etc. with female fronted metal bands.

Screaming and gutteral vocals also take much more talent to apply successfully than basic singing.

The ONLY time non-stop screaming and grunting is acceptable in metal is with black and doom metal. And, sorry, chicks just can't rock those subgenres....

Hearing a woman scream during a song is just as annoying as hearing them scream when they want something from me. Both are unacceptable.

Yeah, and FUCK the double-standard. Men are good at scream-singing... women are not. End of story.

Metally, I like you two guys. :worship:

It doesn't, but in no way does Flyleaf belong on the same continent, let alone the same room, as Nightwish, Arch Enemy, etc. with female fronted metal bands.

Screaming and gutteral vocals also take much more talent to apply successfully than basic singing.

I totally agree with this. Honestly, Flyleaf's singer must have the most unique sounding vocals I've ever heard. And that makes her awesome... except when she screams because it sounds like shit.

But those other chick singers that think they can scream well need a serious wake up call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back