Who is the Best Superhero?

Batman: anyone with a sliver of Kryptonite could theoretically do it, Batman would hardly be special. But, realistically, as soon as Superman caught even the slightest whiff of the stuff, he flies out of range, and promptly vaporizes whoever is possessing it with his heat vision. Batman can't survive that.

Thor's magic could hurt Superman...except that as soon as he did so, he would no longer be worthy to carry moljnir. Thor is essentially negated by Superman's virtue.

Wolverine? Seriously? First, Superman's skin is tougher than adamantium, he has a much better healing factor, and he could use his heat vision to melt it while inside Wolverine. Try again.

Professor X knows how to read human and mutant minds. Superman is Kryptonian, his mind works in a completely different way. Neither Professor X or Jean Grey have the prerequisite knowledge of Kryptonian physiology to be effective. Hell, all he needs is a helmet like Magnetos. Then Supermanpicks and chooses any number of ways to beat them.

But you are missing the point. You can do the Lwell so and so could do this" argument about any superhero. But convince me that any other hero's powers can match up to everything Superman brings to the table.

Yes but Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force would beat Superman, As it hasn't been said Wolverine's skin is tougher then adamantium, also Batman has a Krypotnite Ring given to him by Superman. And Thor with all enchantments aside wud beat Supes

If Wolverine's skin is tougher than adamantium, why does he get cut constantly, thus requiring the healing factor? Hmm? Wolverine's skin is NOT tougher than adamantium, you are just talking out of your ass. Wolverine is a human being in all things excluding his healing power and his adamantium lined bones/claws. A knife will cut him just as easily as it would cut anyone, the only difference is his cut would go away a lot faster. What a ridiculous statement.

But again...if Superman simply picks him up and drops him on the moon, Wolverine is FUCKED.

Spider-Man for me. He's been my favorite since I was a kid.

I've always felt Spider-Man was perfectly balanced in terms of his powers. While he's got several abilities, he's in no way overpowered like Superman but isn't limited like The Punisher or even Daredevil. He's strong but can definitely be beaten. His powers are flexible and he makes the most with what he's given. Spidey's a great all-rounder who can contend with almost any type of foe and hold his own. Plus his powers are just cool in general. Anyone can fly, but acrobatically swinging around New York is way more awesome.

Another big reason is his character. Spider-Man is just such a down to earth hero. He's not some all-powerful alien. He's not a brooding rich guy with a bunch of expensive gadgets. He's not a god from the heavens. He's just an ordinary kid who gets superpowers in a weird twist of fate. It could've happened to anyone. Thus, he someone that people can relate to. Hell, he didn't become a hero at first. He tried to use his powers for personal gain, which is what any of us would probably do. It wasn't until a tragedy caused by his selfishness woke him up to what he could become and how much good he could do.

He makes mistakes. With all those powers the guy falls on his face maybe more than any other hero. He'll even repeat those mistakes again. But that makes him human. Unlike young heroes, he didn't have any sort of mentor to learn from. He had to learn and grow as a hero on his own and only got so good by screwing up numerous times.

Not to mention that Spider-Man is hilarious. Superman and Batman can kick ass, but Spider-Man can make me laugh while doing the same thing.

If Wolverine's skin is tougher than adamantium, why does he get cut constantly, thus requiring the healing factor? Hmm? Wolverine's skin is NOT tougher than adamantium, you are just talking out of your ass. Wolverine is a human being in all things excluding his healing power and his adamantium lined bones/claws. A knife will cut him just as easily as it would cut anyone, the only difference is his cut would go away a lot faster. What a ridiculous statement.

But again...if Superman simply picks him up and drops him on the moon, Wolverine is FUCKED.

Yes but Wolverine has Adamantium bone.

No, Wolverine has bones that are plated in adamantium, completely unnaturally, AND that it can be ripped off by any strong magnetic force, as Magneto demonstrated. When the adamantium was stripped off, his claws were mere bone, and they broke off fairly easily. Repeat: his bones are NOT adamantium, they are just plated in it.

No, Wolverine has bones that are plated in adamantium, completely unnaturally, AND that it can be ripped off by any strong magnetic force, as Magneto demonstrated. When the adamantium was stripped off, his claws were mere bone, and they broke off fairly easily. Repeat: his bones are NOT adamantium, they are just plated in it.

No his claws were stronger then most bone. And it would be hard for Superman to find a magnetic force. not to mention without adamantium, Wolverine's healing factor is much stronger.

That is your argument? Really? That is the best you can do? Removing unrealistic comic book writing from the argument, and taking only each hero and their powers at face value, you haven't demonstrated in the slightest how Wolverine could ever match up to Superman. Superman's skin is invulnerable, he can fly, he has an incredible healing power of his own, and has super strength. I can name any number of ways that Superman could kill Wolverine, each one entirely plausible given his powers, and I have yet to see you do the same.

1. Superman can fly, Wolverine can't. That means Superman can pick him up and Wolverine can't do a thing about it.

2. Superman can survive in space, can Wolverine? I haven't read any excuses as to why simply dropping Wolverine on the moon wouldn't be a Superman win.

3. Superman has super speed, Wolverine doesn't. That means Superman can avoid any attack Wolverine can muster. Wolverine does not have super speed. It also means that Superman can easily bind Wolverine with a metal pipe or something that Wolverine's claw can't reach.

4. Superman has heat vision. Wolverine fanboyism aside, can you honestly tell me that adamantium, as a metal, doesn't have a melting point? ALL metal can be melted if it gets hot enough. Wonder how excruciatingly painful that would be for Wolverine?

5. Superman also has freeze breath. Not sure if you know this, but you know what happens when you freeze metal? Get it cold enough, it gets brittle. Getting it brittle enough to shatter while still plated to Wolverine's bones would sure suck for him, wouldn't it?

6. Healing factor or not, Superman is strong enough to pulverize a human being with a single punch. He could knock Wolverine's head off with one punch. Wolverine going to survive that?

This is your problem. Wolverine cannot match Superman's speed or strength, which means he can't touch Superman unless Superman chooses to be struck. Even if he did get struck, his skin is impervious to damage. Even giving you that, Superman's body would instantly heal itself. While both have talents that lend themselves to close combat, that's all Wolverine can do. Superman can fight from a distance as well, with powers that Wolverine is helpless against. There is just nothing that Wolverine can do to Superman.

That is your argument? Really? That is the best you can do? Removing unrealistic comic book writing from the argument, and taking only each hero and their powers at face value, you haven't demonstrated in the slightest how Wolverine could ever match up to Superman. Superman's skin is invulnerable, he can fly, he has an incredible healing power of his own, and has super strength. I can name any number of ways that Superman could kill Wolverine, each one entirely plausible given his powers, and I have yet to see you do the same.

1. Superman can fly, Wolverine can't. That means Superman can pick him up and Wolverine can't do a thing about it.

2. Superman can survive in space, can Wolverine? I haven't read any excuses as to why simply dropping Wolverine on the moon wouldn't be a Superman win.

3. Superman has super speed, Wolverine doesn't. That means Superman can avoid any attack Wolverine can muster. Wolverine does not have super speed. It also means that Superman can easily bind Wolverine with a metal pipe or something that Wolverine's claw can't reach.

4. Superman has heat vision. Wolverine fanboyism aside, can you honestly tell me that adamantium, as a metal, doesn't have a melting point? ALL metal can be melted if it gets hot enough. Wonder how excruciatingly painful that would be for Wolverine?

5. Superman also has freeze breath. Not sure if you know this, but you know what happens when you freeze metal? Get it cold enough, it gets brittle. Getting it brittle enough to shatter while still plated to Wolverine's bones would sure suck for him, wouldn't it?

6. Healing factor or not, Superman is strong enough to pulverize a human being with a single punch. He could knock Wolverine's head off with one punch. Wolverine going to survive that?

This is your problem. Wolverine cannot match Superman's speed or strength, which means he can't touch Superman unless Superman chooses to be struck. Even if he did get struck, his skin is impervious to damage. Even giving you that, Superman's body would instantly heal itself. While both have talents that lend themselves to close combat, that's all Wolverine can do. Superman can fight from a distance as well, with powers that Wolverine is helpless against. There is just nothing that Wolverine can do to Superman.

Yes but all Wolverines need is Kryptonite or the Muramasa Blade

Yes Superman can pick up Wolverine but I highly doubt Wolverine will just sit there and let Superman pick him up.

And don't give me that Superman's body would instantly heal himself. Superman can heal from things but I won't say he has a power in where it can be considered a healing factor.

Wolverine surviving in space, thats a tough one. You got me there. If mutants can survive in space, that's far-fetched for my comic book knowledge but I don't think Superman can either.

Also Wolverine has superhuman reflexes and I'm pretty sure a metal pipe won't stop Wolverine.

Adamantium is no ordinary metal. It can't be just melted. Once it's solidified, it's solidified. no modfications can be made to it.

Freeze breath? New-School Superman I belive doesn't have freeze breath anymore.

Knock Wolverine's head off with one punch? Okay Wolverine's skeleton is covered in Adamantium. It's gonna take more then one punch to hurt Wolverine, especially with his healing factor.

You seriously don't get the vast difference in power between them, do you? What the fuck good are Wolverine's reflexes against a guy that can move almost at the speed of light? Wolverine could TRY to resist, but what good will that do against a guy who can and has moved entire planets? Sorry, anyone who is strong enough to move a planet can fucking take Wolverine in a fight. Further, anyone strong enough to move a planet can damn well knock a head off of it's shoulders, adamantium or not. Wolverine's super-human strength is like Captain America's...the absolute peak of human capability...but Superman exceeds that a million times over.

But convince me that any other hero's powers can match up to everything Superman brings to the table

11738-ssj_goku_super.jpg

That is all.

While Superman has super speed, Goku here has Instant Transmission. While Superman has super strength, Goku has Super Sayain strength. Everything Superman does, Goku does much, much , MUCH better. Not to mention he's a skilled martial artist which combined with Sayain powers=ownage.

What did Kal-El do when he was a child? He was a normal teenager.

What did Goku do? He fought a motherfucking ALIEN.

While I admit Superman's tough to beat, the maximum strength Superman, who becomes PISSED is probably as strong as a Super Sayain. No, I'd say Super Sayain 2. Max.

Goku can go Super Sayain 3.

Who has Superman fought that is most formidable? Ruler of Apokolips? Doomsday perhaps?

Goku's fought a fucking Space Pirate. Who destroys planets with his FINGERS. And he owned him. And so did a 17 year old child.

Goku takes this.

Although realistically speaking, Goku and Superman would probably be great friends considering how closely they resemble each other.

11738-ssj_goku_super.jpg

That is all.

While Superman has super speed, Goku here has Instant Transmission. While Superman has super strength, Goku has Super Sayain strength. Everything Superman does, Goku does much, much , MUCH better. Not to mention he's a skilled martial artist which combined with Sayain powers=ownage.

What did Kal-El do when he was a child? He was a normal teenager.

What did Goku do? He fought a motherfucking ALIEN.

While I admit Superman's tough to beat, the maximum strength Superman, who becomes PISSED is probably as strong as a Super Sayain. No, I'd say Super Sayain 2. Max.

Goku can go Super Sayain 3.

Who has Superman fought that is most formidable? Ruler of Apokolips? Doomsday perhaps?

Goku's fought a fucking Space Pirate. Who destroys planets with his FINGERS. And he owned him. And so did a 17 year old child.

Goku takes this.

Although realistically speaking, Goku and Superman would probably be great friends considering how closely they resemble each other.

As much as Im no Superman fanboy, I have to admit if he actually used the full potential of powers, he could destroy most people. Now Anime characters I wud say are stronger then some superheroes but not Dragon Ball Z Characters. Superman has levels of strength and speed, that Goku can't compete with.

As much as Im no Superman fanboy, I have to admit if he actually used the full potential of powers, he could destroy most people. Now Anime characters I wud say are stronger then some superheroes but not Dragon Ball Z Characters. Superman has levels of strength and speed, that Goku can't compete with.

So you're telling me that an alien who was born in 10x gravity than the earth and has heatvision as his best projectile is better than a man who has trained in 100 times gravity, has light speed transportation, has beams that could potentially destroy the earth, and can has fought a space pirate, who on numerous occasions, has destroyed planets with his finger--and owned him like a little bitch when he became like a 100 times stronger as a Super Sayain?

Oh and did I mention he became like 30 fold times strong in the span of about 13 or so years?

Yeah Goku can't compete with him.

Oh and did I mention Goku's ability to find Kryptonite and shove it up his ass far supersedes Batman?

But to be completely honest, in the most realistic sense Superman and Goku wouldn't fight each other as they'd be wayy too busy being friends with each other. Think about the similarities they share. Way too similar to fight.

So you're telling me that an alien who was born in 10x gravity than the earth and has heatvision as his best projectile is better than a man who has trained in 100 times gravity, has light speed transportation, has beams that could potentially destroy the earth, and can has fought a space pirate, who on numerous occasions, has destroyed planets with his finger--and owned him like a little bitch when he became like a 100 times stronger as a Super Sayain?

Oh and did I mention he became like 30 fold times strong in the span of about 13 or so years?

Yeah Goku can't compete with him.

Oh and did I mention Goku's ability to find Kryptonite and shove it up his ass far supersedes Batman?

But to be completely honest, in the most realistic sense Superman and Goku wouldn't fight each other as they'd be wayy too busy being friends with each other. Think about the similarities they share. Way too similar to fight.

Superman has fought Doomsday, and Darksied. His strength far exceeds the normal levels, and so does his speed. Not to mention Superman can take Goku into space and have him suffocate to death and even lift the planet itself.

Superman has fought Doomsday, and Darksied.

Have they done this?

[YOUTUBE]RcGtUEHzk9s[/YOUTUBE]

I understand Doomsday's limitless strength but please understand that you're talking about raw physical strength. Not "holy shit, most powerful thing in the universe"

His strength far exceeds the normal levels

[YOUTUBE]9dHj2gdNtC8[/YOUTUBE]

and so does his speed.

[YOUTUBE]zz5fpLJKoRE[/YOUTUBE]

Not to mention Superman can take Goku into space

I'm sorry, do you think is absolutely immune to Space? And we're talking goku here. Even if he cannot absolutely breath at all in space for a single second--he'll most likely have enough lung strength to rival superman.

even lift the planet itself

Lift a planet? How the hell can you LIFT a planet? I can lift a planet. There's no gravity in space. Now destroying a planet... that he can certainly do. Though, so can Goku. With a Kamehameha

But again, think about the motive. Say Goku DOES somehow gets transported to the DC universe. Why in the world would he want to kill Superman? At best, he'd want to spar with him sure, but not anything sinister like "I'm gonna blow you into oblivion." The most they'll fight is with fists and without any sort of power up and in that sense--speed wise, Goku takes it.

Have they done this?

[YOUTUBE]RcGtUEHzk9s[/YOUTUBE]

I understand Doomsday's limitless strength but please understand that you're talking about raw physical strength. Not "holy shit, most powerful thing in the universe"

[YOUTUBE]9dHj2gdNtC8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zz5fpLJKoRE[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry, do you think is absolutely immune to Space? And we're talking goku here. Even if he cannot absolutely breath at all in space for a single second--he'll most likely have enough lung strength to rival superman.

Lift a planet? How the hell can you LIFT a planet? I can lift a planet. There's no gravity in space. Now destroying a planet... that he can certainly do. Though, so can Goku. With a Kamehameha

Judging by the arguments I would say these 2 are both on an equal level.

You seriously don't get the vast difference in power between them, do you? What the fuck good are Wolverine's reflexes against a guy that can move almost at the speed of light? Wolverine could TRY to resist, but what good will that do against a guy who can and has moved entire planets? Sorry, anyone who is strong enough to move a planet can fucking take Wolverine in a fight. Further, anyone strong enough to move a planet can damn well knock a head off of it's shoulders, adamantium or not. Wolverine's super-human strength is like Captain America's...the absolute peak of human capability...but Superman exceeds that a million times over.

Don't compare Wolverine to Captain America, and Im pretty sure Adamantium is stronger then you think.

Judging by the arguments I would say these 2 are both on an equal level.

Don't compare Wolverine to Captain America, and Im pretty sure Adamantium is stronger then you think.

I'd probably say we can never find out. As I said, they'd never fight each other at their full potential. It'd practically tear up the solar system if they did. But yeah, Superman's equal is Mr. Kararot.

Fucking REALLY?

Took this long for someone to pick Batman?!?! Fuck sake, dude.

Batman is the coolest simply because he is.....a human being, with no powers. Simply channeled his motivation and discipline to step up and become something more, and to make a difference.

I would go off on this, but Norcal just said everything that I would've said. Batman HANDS DOWN MOTHERFUCKERS.

As said above, he's just an ordinary guys, who's channeled his own fear into his biggest strength. It's awesome when you think about it. He's got the coolest gadgets, he lives in Gotham, which has to be the most awesome place to live as well. You get some freaks down there, don't you? But he's just a normal guy, he doesn't have a superpower, which automatically makes him better than everyone else. Batman all the way.

I would go off on this, but Norcal just said everything that I would've said. Batman HANDS DOWN MOTHERFUCKERS.

As said above, he's just an ordinary guys, who's channeled his own fear into his biggest strength. It's awesome when you think about it. He's got the coolest gadgets, he lives in Gotham, which has to be the most awesome place to live as well. You get some freaks down there, don't you? But he's just a normal guy, he doesn't have a superpower, which automatically makes him better than everyone else. Batman all the way.

Gotham the most awesome place to live? Please remmber this was a place where a kid got his parents killed right in front of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back