Who is NXT's first break-out star?

GenMe

GenMe
NXT_Group_comp-thumb-572xauto-82475.jpg
Ok so next tuesday we will have the date debut of NXT,And most of us know who the "cast" members will be so my question is, Who out of all the "cast" memebers who do you think will be the first one to go to a major show?
RAW or SD

And which mentor do you think might help one of this wrestlers the most?

Here we have all the 8 mentors, And the 8 "cast" members...

-Chris Jericho will be mentoring Wade Barrett.

-Matt Hardy will be mentoring Justin Gabriel.

-William Regal will be mentoring Skip Sheffield.

-Carlito will be mentoring Michael Tarver.

-The Miz will be mentoring Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan Danielson).

-Christian will be mentoring Heath Slater.

-CM Punk will be mentoring Darren Young.

-R-Truth will be mentoring David Otunga.

Pls Give me Reasons why you think this wrestler will be the first break out star?, And why do you think this mentor will help this cast member the most? pls

Dont just put the mentor and the Cast member without giving me reasons.. Thank you

This is obvious: Bryan Danielson. Already they have been playing up the fact that he "isn't really a rookie" and has been around the world. They didn't include Low Ki or Joe Hennig in the first season as to give Danielson an easier time and make him the new face of the show. Teaming him with The Miz means that they know about his abilities and want The Miz to learn from Danielson.

It seems to me as though they do not want to make the mistakes they did with Tough Enough and are giving us a star right off the bat.

This is obvious: Bryan Danielson. Already they have been playing up the fact that he "isn't really a rookie" and has been around the world. They didn't include Low Ki or Joe Hennig in the first season as to give Danielson an easier time and make him the new face of the show. Teaming him with The Miz means that they know about his abilities and want The Miz to learn from Danielson.

It seems to me as though they do not want to make the mistakes they did with Tough Enough and are giving us a star right off the bat.

I agree with you Doc,I also think that Danielson will be the first break-out star,And teaming up with the MIZ thats fucking great.They will make a great team,But the MIZ is still his mentor.Also the MIZ could get some tips from Danielson is not like Bryan is a rookie and he doesnt know Crap,Maybe some submissions.

I too think it'll be Bryan Danielson, also taking into consideration that.. wasn't he offered to debut on one of the shows before going to FCW of own free will because he wanted to work off ring-rust?

Personally I'm gonna be looking forward to seeing Bryan Danielson in proper action in WWE, and I think he's gonna prove himself quite well in a WWE ring, just looking back at the popularity of Punk when he debuted, and he was quite a star in ROH too.

But I think their all gonna prove somewhat nicely, atleast I hope, time will show whether this is just some crappy idea, or actually gonna work out nicely.

Daniel Bryan (might as well get used to that now) is definitely the breakout star of choice. But I'm going to throw out Heath Slater's name. He's working with a guy who knows what he's doing (Christian) and he has tons of personality upside to him. Dark horse I'd say is Wade Barrett, just because he's working with Jericho.

Bryan. They played him up more than anybody else. Everyone else got the speech of "great strentgh." "Married to a celebrity." "Young up and comer" Listen to them speak abou Bryan. They said that he was "world traveled, claims to have more experience than anyone else on the show, no nonsense." Now you take that and pair it with...MIZ! Can't you already see the graphic for the US Title Match between the two when the loudmouth punk meets the no nonsense ass kicker. I'm sure the others will surprise and impress but Bryan will be the one to watch.

I think we need to look at this realistically. There is one guy who I think the WWE is going to get behind, because, well, just fucking look at him.

20tsdtw.jpg

Skip Sheffield.

I really want to see Danielson succeed. He's one of my favorite wrestlers. He seems like he's truly a great guy out of the ring as well. The WWE should be excited that they have a guy like Danielson, who I feel is like another Chris Benoit, but with actual charisma. He's always been acclaimed as the most outstanding wrestler out there today, winning that award from The Observer four or five years in a row. Whether he wins or loses in this competition is irrelevant. I think he's going to go on to feud with The Miz for the US Title at the end of the show.

But look at Skip Sheffield. This is the heir apparent to Batista, I think. He's built like a brick shithouse. He probably doesn't have much in the way of actual wrestling ability, but he's the kind of Vince has a boner for in order to push. Hell. he has noodle veins like Batista. Get used to seeing him and his stupid tiny cowboy hat. He'll be a player in this show and he'll be one once the show ends.

WHOOOOAAAHH, hold up there a sec, Doc.

First off, let me point out that the whole "mentor" gimmick is just a way of putting established names on the show so people will tune in. Will the young guys be learning from the vets? Probably. But WWE wouldn't have put these guys on the air if they weren't ready for television already.

Secondly, Daniel Bryan... (that's weird to type, btw. Gonna b harder than remembering to refer to Matt Sydal as Evan Bourne lol)... Daniel Bryan requested to be sent down for training to learn the "WWE style", which to me refers to the entertainment aspect. Yeah he could wrestle Yokozouna to a four-and-a-half star match... today (kinda gross to think about), but since he's never had to rely on anything but his athleticism, he's never really bothered to create a character. THAT'S why he's paired with The Miz. WWE is perfectly happy with The Miz as a performer, otherwise he wouldn't be mentoring young wrestlers, OR be wearing three belts around his waist.

Now from what I've seen on youtube, Bryan's not completely vanilla. I like some of his tweener antics, like refusing to let go of submissions, and taunting the ref by saying "I have til five!" Now that's entertaining. I think that with Miz helping him, he should be able to pick up some decent mic skills.

Overall, this pairing highlights just how good BOTH these performers are in their craft. Kudos to Bryan for taking the initiative, that extra step towards being the superstar that WWE wants, and assumes, he can be. And who better to shape Bryan's WWE personality, than the most colorful heel on RAW?

Honestly, when I first heard about the "NXT" concept, i "meh"'d. But I'm actually interested in these pairings, and I'm particularly excited about Daniels and The Miz working together. Simply put, it will be... AWESOME!!

I agree with all of this, except I would like to add that it will also give The Miz something else to brag about. If...No no no, WHEN Danielson wins the contract, The Miz will claim that he is the best coach in the WWE or something. This could also lead to Danielson's first feud with The Miz saying that he didn't need him and he made it on his own,ultimately taking the US Championship from The Miz.

Daniel Bryan will most likely be the first break out star.He was coming to raw or smackdown way before this NXT thing began.he is the only case were he is better or a good as his mentor.

I do also believe the mentor has a lot to do with this to.Wade Barrett,Darren Young,&Heath Slater are all being mentored by main event or future main event wrestlers(Jericho,CM Punk, and Christan respectively). they could have a good chance in my book for this reason alone.

I dont know much about any of them other than Punk and Daniel so my position on who i want to win well exist a few weeks into the show.

I have a feeling that David Otunga (aka..Mr JEnnifer Hudson) stands a good chance on name alone with who he's hooked up with in real life. Kinda like a real life McMahon-Helmsley thing. You have a real life Cinderella story girl who went from nothing, and a man who went from competing on reality shows, to being with an Oscar/Grammy winning girl, and the fact that King and Cole already were alluding to Otunga's significant other already....that kinda could sway people to watch to see if Mrs.Otunga may show up to cheer her man on. That could bring in more fans for him possibly...:scratchchin:

I for one cannot wait for NXT to begin. I'm personally looking forward to seeing Wade Barrett in action. Mainly due to see if he gets a rub off Jericho. Justin Gabriel is another interesting one. Any ideas why they have changed his name from Justin Angel?

Like mostly everyone who has posted I believe it will be Danielson who will be a huge breakout star. He is an excellent performer, has got good charisma, can speak on the mic and hopefully the fans will get behind but there are some other performers who I see having a great future. Skip Sheffield is one that I see doing well. His physique is what Vince jacks off to so I could see him being pushed straight away. Another one who I believe good have a bright future ahead of him is Justin Gabriel who is FCW's heavyweight champion at the moment. He is exciting, has a pretty good look and I could see him doing some good things in the WWE.

Out of all of them I definatelty see Bryan Danielson or Daniel Bryan having the best future out of them all.

I'm looking forward to seeing Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel(WHY DID THEY CHANGE HIS NAME) more than the other guys. Heath slater has future world champion written all over him. Justin Gabriel while he's an amazing wrestler and has a great look, his mic skills are really bad(his accent) and we all know that Vince doesn't like High flyers(example being Evan Bourne who has become the jobbing king on Raw) so I can't really tell his future. He has the look that girls are drawn too so if he can get over really fast, then he should be fine

Daniel Bryan is an awesome wrestler but he lacks carisma and his look could definitely use an improvement(those pink tights are not helping, he needs to switch to pants)

i think these 3 will be the first to move on to either Raw or smackdown but i do hope the others do well also cause WWE needs some new fresh talent

Okay, so to start off, this whole mentor idea, reminds me an awful lot of TUF, except, when people get in the ring on NXT, I don't believe they will be eliminated from the show if they lose. I also feel that having a mentor gives those they feel talented enough to be on Raw or Smackdown a feud to start them off with by going against their mentor.

However, I am excited for this, and am interesting in seeing how this show goes as far as being successfull. Now, onto the topic at hand, the first breakout star will be Daniel Bryan ( Bryan Danielson ). He's no rookie, and he's wrestled around the world, his experience alone should carry him well on the show and I do not believe that anyone else will be as huge as he will, at least not right away.

Everybody is talking about Bryan, Skip, Justin, and Heath, and for legitimate reasons, but honestly if you actually watch FCW (I try to keep up with it, there's a guy on youtube who uploads the full show in 9 parts every week like 3 days after it happens and I watch them) you'll know that this past Sunday, Wade Barrett beat the shit out of Justin Angel/Gabriel and scared Michael Tarver out of the ring.

Wade Barrett is my official sleeper pick to "win" NXT season 1. Bryan Danielson will have a more successful WWE career than him (I hope), but Barrett is being mentored by Jericho plus his most recent appearance on FCW had him turning completely badass heel, which matches Jericho's character pretty damn well.

Everybody is talking about Bryan, Skip, Justin, and Heath, and for legitimate reasons, but honestly if you actually watch FCW (I try to keep up with it, there's a guy on youtube who uploads the full show in 9 parts every week like 3 days after it happens and I watch them) you'll know that this past Sunday, Wade Barrett beat the shit out of Justin Angel/Gabriel and scared Michael Tarver out of the ring.

Wade Barrett is my official sleeper pick to "win" NXT season 1. Bryan Danielson will have a more successful WWE career than him (I hope), but Barrett is being mentored by Jericho plus his most recent appearance on FCW had him turning completely badass heel, which matches Jericho's character pretty damn well.

I have not seen Wade Barrett wrestle at all,But let me check on youtube right now tell me what episode it is.

Well we are all saying that bryan will be the break out star,Because he has alot of yearsin the wrestling bussines.He had capture alot of major titles on different wrestling companies.I really dont know what he is really doing there.Because he is not a rookie the Miz is more of a rookie then Bryan.

I have not seen Wade Barrett wrestle at all,But let me check on youtube right now tell me what episode it is.

Well we are all saying that bryan will be the break out star,Because he has alot of yearsin the wrestling bussines.He had capture alot of major titles on different wrestling companies.I really dont know what he is really doing there.Because he is not a rookie the Miz is more of a rookie then Bryan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCEtxbLdswM

That's the video of Barrett. Basically what happened was Justin Angel and Michael Tarver were having a match, Barrett was a commentator (has been for a little while now) and he said that he was getting a call. He mentioned something about the royal bank of England, basically gibberish, and then he said it was time and he went into the ring and gave Justin Angel a powerbomb (Tarver rolled out of the ring scurred), then he was standing over Angel. That's where this vid picks up.

Barrett has the perfect Heel finisher too. That fireman's carry slam reminds me of a sideways Dominator tbh.

Because I don't know much about the majority of these wrestlers, for the most part I have to go based off of their look.

In order from least to best:
Heath Slater - Has the worst look of the 8, giving me the impression of a jobber.

David Otunda - Looks just alright, nothing special about him.

Darren Young - Looks just alright, nothing special about him.

Wade Barrett - Looks slightly better than the previous, and also has the best mentor so that could possible help out.

Skip Sheffield - Has a good physique, but something about his face looks weird.

Justin Angel - Seemed smaller when I've seen him in the past, but when checking his height he's 6' 2" which is the same size as most of the other Rookies on NXT. Seems to be a good wrestler and has a cool look.

Michael Tarver - Has an awesome bad*** look, and is of great size. Hopefully he is a good wrestler. I like Tarver and Angel just about equally, but I guess Tarver slightly more right now.

Daniel Bryan - Even though he looks like someone WWE wouldn't care for, he's already got a lot of popularity outside of the WWE and already has all the wrestling skills needed. Plus as someone mentioned, the commentators had the best things to say about him.

So yeah, Danielson should be the break-out star.

Looking at the Mentors and "Rookies", I love how no one has mentioned that Daniel Bryan actually has more experience in wrestling than his own mentor. I find that hilarious. Not to mention, that he actually held a WWE developmental deal BEFORE the WCW buyout (part of the reason he was future endeavored back then) and was trained by BOTH HBK and William Regal.

Those alone tell me that Daniel Bryan SHOULD be the breakout star.

And I think that they are using the name "Gabriel" instead of "Angel" might be a reference to the Archangel Gabriel, though I could be wrong, and they forgot that they just had a jobber named DJ Gabriel on ECW.

WWE NXT is going to be WWE's next evolution of Wrestling.
It will be on SyFy at the same time slot as ECW was.
The concept of this show will be 8 NXT Rookies with 8 WWE Mentors.
The 8 Rookies are as follows:
1) Heath Slater (Mentor: Christian)
2) Justin Gabriel (Mentor: Matt Hardy)
3) Wade Barret (Mentor: Chris Jericho)
4) Darren Young (Mentor: CM Punk)
5) Dave Ogunda (Mentor: RTruth)
6) Daniel Bryan (Mentor: The Miz)
7) Skip Sheffield (Mentor: Regal)
8) Michael Tarver (Mentor: Carlito)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Out of all these 8 Rookies who would YOU LIKE to see succeed?
Who has the look? The skills? The name..etc.
Explain.
Out of all these 8..i just cant make up my mind who is my favorite because there all so good. But who I really want to succeed is Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, or Daniel Bryan.
Heath's name is very catchy, he already has a gimmick but i dont see this gimmick making him the "future"
Justin Gabriel has the look and the skills.. but I really dont think he will succeed in WWE.
The only one I actually see succeding in WWE is Daniel Bryan, WWE is already high on him...they keep mentioning how him and The Miz arent getting along, Miz cuts promos about him etc.
Who I want to succeed is Justin Gabriel or Heath Slater.
But who i think will succeed is Daniel Bryan.
----Your Thoughts?---

The one wrestler that will succeed is daniel bryans.We all know that he will be the first one out of that group that will succed.Even the WWE knows it,That why the Miz is all fucking pissed about,Daniel has way better in ring skill then all of the other rookies in this season.He even has better wrestling skills then the Miz,And he will start proving that today

Daniel Bryan(Bryan Danielson) with Skip Sheffield as a close second.

They didn't call him the best wrestler in the world for no reason. He may very well be. He had a try-out with the WWE, mind u, 6 years ago, against John Cena of all people on Velocity. So the fact that the "E" liked him well enough back then and still does, says something for his staying power. They just thought he was bland back then.......

Which brings in the Miz. They're a perfect team, to be honest, and probably Bryan's first feud. Miz is great on the mic, and ever improving in the ring. Plus he has 2 titles. Bryan is the far superior wrestler, but can't talk other then to scream and swear.

The storyline could revolve around Miz claiming he taught Bryan everything he knows, which could lead to Bryan beating his mentor, first on NXT, then for the US title on Raw. It wouldn't kill Miz' credibility either, as he can claim he taught Bryan "too well".

I picked Sheffield as second for a couple of reasons. One, he's an amazing physical specimin, whose not only big, but has decent agility for someone his size.(Don't believe me? Watch him closely tonight if they showcase him at all.) The second is William Regal is his mentor. Regal is both a brawler and a great technical wrestler, plus he sells as well as anyone in WWE. He can help Skip combine the tools he already has with those aspects, and you have a superstar in the making. But I still pick Bryan due to his amazing ability within the ring, and having Miz as his mentor should help him gain a "personality", so to speak. So I definitely see Bryan as the first breakout star on NXT.

Most likely Danielson. He is the most hyped up "rookie" in NXT right now. They've been doing a nice job hyping him up. Doesn't hurt that he is being paired with someone that holds two titles.

I'm going to go with Daniel Backlund... I mean Bob Bryan... you know who I mean, the guy who's been touring the indies for a decade and finally got snapped up by WWE.

I'm going with him for a couple of reasons 1) he's already most of the way there (he's got the ring skills and a fanbase) now all he has to do is display charisma (i'm sure he has it. I just havent seen it) and make me think he looks like a champion who didnt lose their title in under 10 seconds and he's good to go.

He's been paired with the mix for a good reason, if he can display the charisma to stop me thinking he's the reincarnation of Bob Backlund he'll be a star. Of course, changing his look so that he doesn't look like a guy who debuted 40 years ago would help too, but there's only so much that can be wished for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back