Who is bigger? Cena or the Miz?

The Pizzaman

I tell it how I see it and thats it
Before I continue, I've got to say that I dont like the Miz but even I can see that he is going places that few others ever get to. That is the kind of push that the Miz is getting at the moment . My question is this. Who is the bigger star and if the Miz went face tomorow then who would get more cheers . The bigger question is which of the two, who will still be around in 10 years time, who will be inducted into the hall of fame first and who has given more to the company which has made both guys millions, Championships and global recognition. What are your thoughts?

There is still no one more over in the WWE right now than John Cena heel or face. Randy Orton is second behind Cena, The Miz is the most over heel in WWE right now and gets the most heat and the right kind of heat, not X-Pac heat!

John Cena has made like Stone Cold and Rock levels of money for Vince thus why he has been the top guy in the WWE for most of the last decade. Now of course he is going to be in the WWE before the Miz just because he has been around longer.

The Miz though is on the right track, he did the same things that Cena did to get Vince to recognize him. He worked his ass off to get better in the ring and always volunteered to do promotional events and appearances for WWE, and that means a ton to Vince. I do see The Miz being around for a long time and will be a multi-time Champion and eventually get in the HoF, but as of right now John Cena is the biggest name in the WWE.

let me just start off by saying i really dont like cena....at all but he has done alot for the wwe. i also believe if he was never in the wwe there would never be this whole pg era. he is the biggest role model that wwe has ever had. kids and adult look up to him alike. which wwe is really benefitting from. from media attention to merchendise sales. cena is one of the biggest marketing figures wwe has ever had. the miz on the other hand is really helping the wwe as well. after becoming champion which may i add he deserves has been busy as all hell. hes been doing interview everywhere he goes. hes been invited to make apperences at sporting events. hes been on talk shows. the miz also single handedly promoted wwe smackdown versus raw 2011. and thats not all. all this is really helping the wwe. wwe has been recieving alot of media attention because of the miz which is why vince loves the miz. the miz is gonna be around for a while and hiis wwe championship reign is not a one time deal. hes gonna be a huge player in the future. the same goes for cena too. i easily see both of these guys around in wwe for another 10 year. their both still young and the both still have alot to offer the wwe. still with everything both stars have done for the wwe i would have to go the cena. he is by far the bigger star at the moment. but hey that can change in the future.. which i hope it does because the whole supercena is getting alittle old. i think a heel turn for cena is way long over do.

Cena is the face of the WWE. No one gets the type of reaction from fans, whether they love or hate him. Neither guy is all that good in the ring, thought I would say Cena is better. But Cena is an idol of every fan under 12 yrs old, and the women love him as well. Half the arena wears Cena merchandise at live events. Did you see the reaction from the little kid Cena hugged on RAW? Who else in the company would get that kind of reaction? Cena is bigger now, & he'll likely continue to be bigger for a long time. As for the Hall of Fame, let's slow down on putting The Miz in the Hall of Fame. He's had the title for 3 weeks.

Really? Is this a serious thread? John Cena is by far the biggest star in the WWE today and he's given more to the WWE than anybody in the history of the company. The Miz...are you kidding me? He's been champion for three weeks. He hasn't done a tenth of what Cena has done. This is like comparing Sam Bradford to Peyton Manning. Yeah, maybe Miz will be where Cena is some day...MAYBE. Cena is there and he's not done yet.

Honestly this thread should be closed.

Honestly it is still to early to tell "who is bigger b/c as the previous writers have posted up the Miz is still establishing himself while John Cena is a main stay main eventer and I don't think this question should be asked until we have seen exactly what the Miz is capable of doing

As of right now, I think it's pretty clear Cena is definitely bigger. The Miz is certainly on the right track, but only time will tell how big a star he will be. There's no doubt he's got the drive and determination, getting a push from the company and has the look and is great on the mic. I think the Miz has an incredible future ahead of himself but who knows what we'll be seeing 10 years from now!

Really? Really? I can't stand Cena for the life of me. But everyone in their right mind would admit that Cena is the biggest star. RAW revolves around him, the WWE revolves around what John Cena wants, and how he feels. Miz has been doing promotional work for the WWE but that doesn't mean he will be the face of the company. People won't be able to like him as a face, and honestly I could NOT see him other than a narcissistic heel.

on one hand you have someone that has been the number 1 guy in the wrestling business for 5 years. on the other, you have a guy that has been ONE OF the top guys, but not THE top guy for essentially a few weeks.

Cena is the second celebrity ever to be an ambassador to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, with Michael Jordan as the other one. Cena has been in quite a few movies, although they are horrible (hopefully his girlfriends quit getting kidnapped). He's feuded with every wrestler who could be considered a top guy in the WWE over the past 8 years. He has held more World Championships than 99% of the people who have ever wrestled. The list goes on and on.

The Miz will be there eventually, but it takes time. He hasn't had the time to get to Cena's level yet. Personally, I like him more than Cena, but I'm still a fan of both and hope for nothing but the best for them.

How is this even a question? Who has been in numerous commercials, films, talk shows? CNN? Who has sold more merchandise than The Rock? Stone Cold? Who gets the biggest crowd reactions every night on RAW?

The answer? John Cena. He is 10 times as big as the Miz is. Cena is actually one of the biggest stars ever.

Who is the bigger star
I agree with most of the other posters, Cena is obviously bigger right now; as we're nearing the end of 2010. Like some more posts that have already been made in this thread, I also think that it's too early to tell who will eventually be bigger in the WWE.

I think that in time, Miz could easily become a huge face for the WWE. Right now, he's still getting established. Personally, I think he's still a little green when it comes to his in-ring skills (I might catch hell for that statement, but that's how I feel). He's definitely a pro on the mic though (hence the reason why he won Money in the Bank, and why he's the current champ). On the mic, Miz is just as good as Cena...and I'd go as far as saying that Miz is one of the best mic-workers currently working on WWE television-programming (if not the best).

One thing you hear over and over is: since WWE scripts are read by the wrestlers verbatim (word-for-word), and they're all written by the same writers, a lot of the wrestlers sound like they all have the same voice. Miz is one of the few WWE guys who doesn't sound like everyone else. He's really good at taking these scripts and making them his own.

if the Miz went face tomorow[sic] then who would get more cheers
If the Miz were to turn face tomorrow night on Raw, Cena would still get bigger pops. I think Orton would still get bigger pops. Hell, I'd be willing to say that R-Truth would get bigger pops than a face-Miz (as it stands right now). Turning Miz face in one night would definitely NOT earn him a huge reaction, nor would it get him huge face-pops in the future.

In order to get the Miz big face-pops in the future, he would have to gradually turn face; in a similar fashion to how Randy Orton became face after Legacy split. It would have to be teased for a while, with the fans becoming increasingly on the side of the Miz...wanting him to "do the right thing". Once enough of that is established, and the Miz actually does "do the right thing" and become face, the WWE universe (especially the women & kids) would mark the fuck out for a face Miz.

who will still be around in 10 years time
I think there's a very good chance that both Cena & Miz will both be WWE employees in 2020/21. Both seem like workaholics, and also have a lot of passion/respect for the business. Provided that neither one sustains a major injury between now & then, I think that we'll still see them in the ring in ten years time. They might not be in the main-event (or wrestling for any titles), but I can see them both being WWE mainstays for years to come.

who will be inducted into the hall of fame first
Probably Cena, just because I think he'll be the first of the two who retires. Again, this is only provided that both remain (major) injury-free for the rest of their careers.

who has given more to the company which has made both guys millions, Championships and global recognition[sic]
I don't know why you even bothered to mention "championships", since Cena has had so many more than the Miz (so far). Cena also has more "global recogniton" than the Miz does, but the Miz definitely has the potential to become a worldwide-known star in the future.

As of right now, Cena is lightyears ahead of Miz as far as how much he's "given" to the WWE. The thing you have to remember though, is that Cena's had more opportunity than the Miz to do so. It's only been recently that Miz has been able to "give" more of himself to the company (personal appearances, etc). I say that because no one would have given a shit if Miz did those types of things a few years ago (ie: when he was tagging with Morrison).

In time, I think that Miz will prove himself to be just as much of an asset as Cena has been to the WWE over the years. You've got to remember that Cena walked through the "superstar" door years ago. Miz has literally just opened the door, so all of these questions are a bit premature. Still a fun idea to speculate on.

who is bigger, dolph ziggler or cena? thats practically what your asking. you are taking some no body who is getting a big push and comparing him to the face o the company. cena is right now bigger than taker, hhh, orton, kane, rey, sheamus, etc. in fact, all those guys are bigger than the miz. can anyone really take this question seriously.

now the future is another story. but if wwe keeps pg, than cena will stay bigger. if not, i see a chance of the miz becoming bigger in many years, but that is still a very small chance. like 1/50.

I don't agree that cena is bigger than Taker. You can talk all about how much cena draws and how many kids buy his merchandize, but the gargantuan awesomeness that is Undertaker is something that cena has still not reached. Put them in the ring together at Wrestlemania 27 and see for yourself when half the arena boos cena and nobody boos Taker.

This is not even really a question right now, Cena by a continent. I'm not even sure Miz could pull off being a face...he's done so well by spending the last few years getting everyone to hate him. He's barely had the title a month, so this isn't really a fair question. Give him a couple of years, see if he's still main eventing, then revisit the topic.

I think Cena is the Bigger star but in 10 years to come Miz will be one of the biggest. i think he will stay with the big leagues as well as joMO. cena will be in the HOF first because he as been around longer. But in the Long Run Cena will Be a bigger superstar having a reputation for being loyal to his fand through thick and thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back