Who had/has the best spear in wrestling history?

My thoughts by category:

Athleticism: Goldberg had the best all-around spear in terms of the athletic gifts of the spear-thrower. Rhyno is debatably stronger, Reigns is probably a little bit more explosive. Goldberg however looked the smoothest out of all of them. Absolutely effortless.

Execution: Seems like a three-way tie, mostly because I'm still a little unsure of Reigns. Goldberg wasn't just freaky smooth in his charge but also at the point of impact. He followed through like it was a genuine tackle(Football experience paying off) and never looked stiff at any step of the move. Rhyno by contrast only made tackles when tables/doors/walls were involved, out in the open its always a one-shot blow off to the side and the victim then has to sell the impact on his own. Rhyno's gore paid off because the selling for that move was downright hellacious.

Versatility: This is where Edge gets into the debate, mostly because of his ample experience in TLC-type matches offering a dimension most spear-chuckers do not have. That said, he's always thrown the spear in spots and as a pure finisher. Amongst the forerunners, I'm still not sure of Reigns, but I would rate Goldberg as more versatile than Rhyno, because Goldberg could in fact Spear his victim from a standing position at the drop of a hat, where I just see Rhyno setting up in corners or the occasional rebound (miss the first, turn 180 and hit the second).

All in all, if I wanted a prototypical Spear and the big body to execute it, I'd have to go with Goldberg before anyone else.

Goldberg or Rhino for me, the move suited the two with their build and it was sold good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back