Who Do You Think Is The Best Heel Ever ?

Validus

Occasional Pre-Show
Okay , so I'm not sure if this has already been done , since I just joined the forums . . .

But , who do you think is the best heel ever ? He (or she) can be from the past , or from the present , or from the future if you can tell the future like a fortune teller . (Ew, lame joke , ignore it)

Mine would have to be Edge . I used to HATE the guy . I hated him when he was with Lita especially , and also with Vickie . But , know I have learned to like the heels and stuff .

But seriously , if a guy is heel and he makes you hate them , well damn they are doing a really good job .

But anyways , who is your favourite ?

Wow thats a tough one, Ted Dibiase is definitley up there, he generated tons of heat. And while its a bit before my time Iron Sheik definitley was a great heel. But if I HAD to pick one, I would go with Brian Pillman, he wouldnt just get people to boo him and yell "you suck" he got people to fucking DESPISE him, during the feud w/Goldust where he won his girlfriend he had so much heat it was scary, so yea, Pillman is the best in my opinion.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this name but I'm going to have to go with Hulk Hogan. I remember watching WWF when I was little him being the hero, then he went to WCW still the good guy, but the minute he turned heel with the NWO it was like wow its cool to be the bad guy. He would do all the heel stuff like using weapons in matches and low blows but for some reason I still found myself cheering for him.

In the entire history of professional wrestling? While I think Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ric Flair and The Iron Sheik should all get major props here, IMO the single best heel of all-time based solely on the individual's ability to garner major heat from the crowd and to make his opponents look great once they finally got over on him is none other than The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

DiBiase's ability to cut a promo combined with his gimmick made for a classic heel I don't think the wrestling world will ever forget.

Looking back on his career and watching vignettes and segments from his career where he'd shove money in the mouths of his victims and humiliate and demean volunteers for various sums of money were incredible.

JBL

I think he is very underated by the IWC, he is without a doubt my personal favourite heel.

You have your cool heels like Randy Orton and Edge, by the best type of heel is a full of himself cheating coward heel. It's what Jericho wants to be, but he can't shake off the Randy Orton/Edge cool heel persona.

JBL did it perfectly. You didn't boo him Vickie Guerreoro style because you were sick of seeing him, you booed him because you wanted to see Big Show destroy him, you wanted to see Eddie Guerrero prove he was nothing, you wanted John Cena to take his championship.

Smackown was great when he was the champion, to be fair though they had such a strong list of contenders in Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Booker T, The Undertaker, Big Show and The Undertaker. That was a stacked show. There was no need to have feuds that went on forever, ok Eddie can't beat him move on. Neither can Booker move on. Neither can Taker etc.

Rowdy Roddy Piper, hands down. He was the first national star who was so over as a heel, that the E had to turn him face, without any sort of buildup or storyline. And although it was likely a scripted moment with Hogan, it's true that without a great heel in Piper, Hogan never would have become a household name, and wrestling could still very well be a regional attraction.

I havent been watching wrestling for as long as some people so for me its just recent history im going to base this on. That's not to say that Ted Dibiase and Hogan and Flair weren't great heels. I'm sure they were, but i wasnt around to see them so im not basing my opinion on them.
So.. best heel.. I have a few choices.
First being Edge, obviously. One of my mates used to lend me all these wrestling DVDs when i first started gettting into wrestling and Edge was always an ********. Looking back at that now i can see how he sold his character really well and made you hate him. It was just his snide attitude. and the way he made everything his buisness.
Second, and i know im gunna get a bit of shit for this, is Sheamus. When he came to ECW i didnt really know what he was, but i could see what WWE was trying to make him. Then when he moved to RAW i learned that Jamie Noble was still in the company before he was retired. But the best reaction he's got to date i think is from the IWC when he won the WWE title. Everyone absolutely HATED him. And when you can get the IWC to dispise a wrestler, you know you're on the right track. And as a heel, he's holding up pretty well. He destroyed Triple H in the street fight, and he's been a thorn in Cena's side for a bit too.
And last but not least, Batista. He made a really good heel, not stale, and you felt like he could destroy anyone, before he lost so many times to cena.... but for that brief period of time when he was the WWE champion between EC and WM26 you felt like John Cena didnt stand a chance at beating him.

But honerable mentions to a lot of wrestlers, eg JBL, CM Punk, The Miz, Randy Orton etc.

I think Muhammed Hassan is the best heel ever. How many other stars have gotten fired because of the heat they generated? He pulled off his part perfectly, however unfortunate it was for him. Hell, it made him give up wrestling haha.

Well i think i am going to agree with Roddy Roudy Piper. That man was a classic heel one of the best to ever step in that ring. Although, at one point Muhammad Hassan was destined to be the biggest heel ever but was fired due to UPN.

I am shockingly surprised no one has mentioned this guy at the time I type this post in. He was involved with the most memorable feud in WWE history. He shocked the world with his heel turn and people STILL talk about his wicked, wicked ways that could eclipse even Roddy Piper or Edge:

mcmahon-vince.jpg

This man is the embodiment of evil. Everyone who knows wrestling knows him on sight. THAT is power. Enemies had no chance in hell.

I am shockingly surprised no one has mentioned this guy at the time I type this post in. He was involved with the most memorable feud in WWE history. He shocked the world with his heel turn and people STILL talk about his wicked, wicked ways that could eclipse even Roddy Piper or Edge:

mcmahon-vince.jpg

This man is the embodiment of evil. Everyone who knows wrestling knows him on sight. THAT is power. Enemies had no chance in hell.

Oh wow , I can't believe I forgot Mr.Micmicmanagins . (As HBK would say) He was a great heel . Man , so much heat with the screwjob and stuff .

It's a toss up for me Ric Flair spent the majority of his career as a heel. He wasn't called the dirtiest player in the game for nothing. His cocky, I'm richer and better than you persona was so easy to despise.

Triple H as a viscous sledgehammer wielding cerebral assassin. Is a close second in my opinion. Honorable mention goes to Vickie Guerrero no one gets heat like her.

That's a tough one. The Million Dollar Man, JBL, Hollywood Hogan, Shawn Michaels 1997/98 had a ton of heat. Flair always played a good heel. There's more that others have named that are worthy. Its definitely a preference list.

As someone has already said........Mr McMahon. He is hands down the best heel ever in the business. He generates more heat than anyone else ever in the business. His feuds with HBK, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Hogan have made him (or at least his Mr McMahon character) the most hated person by the fans.

There are a few people that have been memorable heels in the business, such as all the people who have been previously mentioned, but nobody even comes close to Vince in my opinion, he is just the best.

Yeah i agree with everybody all these wrestlers were great heels.my favorite and i would say the best heel of all time ric flair.wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But noone mention the miz

Okay well, this is my first post so I hope I don’t do too bad.

I have three best heels because they were all different at what they did.

My first heel is Vickie “Piggie” Guerrero. She gets boo every time she comes and gets booed even louder when she says her, “EXCUSE ME” line. She plays the role perfectly. She was built right up being sided with a heel Edge, and being able to play Teddy Long like a violin. Now being sided with Lay-Cool (I hope I got that right), it seems she is going to be a heel for a while longer and honestly, I can not see this non-wrestling “Diva” ever turning any sort of face.

My next heel is a cocky heel. I don’t know really why I hate him so much, but I can’t help but hate him, and that person is The Miz. He came from two reality shows (Tough enough, and the Real World), so maybe maybe that is why I don’t like him. Besides that he oozes confidence and is not afraid to show it. He was quickly able to generate heat in and was always successful. He performs solidly in ring each and every night, and always has something to say that will put him over. The best part about him is that he is able to put over someone else face. This could be with either the beginning of the face turn of John Morrison or the face (?) of Bryan Danielson. In my opinion his heel character is even better because he seems like he would be cocky in real life. The WWE did very well making him a heel, and I hate to say it but I hope to see him stay a heel.

My final heel might make a little less sense because of his short time in the company, and that would be Brock Lenser. This guy to me was just scary. He looked the part of a heel to a tee. He was big, and strong, with muscles that dwarfed most of the wrestlers there. Brock was able to pick a fight with anyone and almost never came out looking like the underdog. But why do I consider him a heel? I consider him a heel of how he acted/acts. One of my first memories of him was him breaking Hardcore Hollies neck, which could have ended his career. Even if it was a botched moved, Brock acted totally un-phased and with the help over the WWE was able to get even more over as a Heel. A second memory I have of him is him “tearing” the ACL of then new star John Cena with the f-5 into the ring post. I don’t remember if this was a fake injury or not but it made him seem even stronger, and the fued that started because of it was what start John Cena’s rise to the top. My third memory of him is of him wiping the blood of Hulk Hogan (I think I’m seriously wrong) across his chest. Just the smirk in his face is after doing it was something that is etched in my mind forever. My final memory is on Brock F-5’ing someone down a flight of stairs. I don’t remember anything about it but that defiantly left a statement in my eyes. On top of all of this Brock Lenser outside of the ring acts just as tough and mean. He once broke a door in an interview, just thinking about Frank Mir. Then after that very fight with Frank Mir, he curse out fans and really looked like a raging animals. Inside and Outside of the ring, Brock looks and acts a heel.
I hope this post isn’t bad but those are my choices. Sorry I could limited it down to two but oh well.

What a tough question. There are so many to choose from and I agree with what a lot of people are saying. I started watching in the attitude era, stopped around 2002 and just started again about 4 months ago so that is pretty much what I am basing mine on. Although I have read up on history, seen some old clips and what not. Anyways though here are some great heels.

Right to Censor - Remember them. Wow did they get some heat. They were one of the few groups that everyone hated, nobody liked them. For the newer guys they were like the straight edge society but in my opinion much more hated, most likely because it was the straight edge gimmick during the attitude era, not the PG era.

Triple H - Man did we all hate Triple H and it was more just because he ALWAYS HAD THE TITLE. It really didn't have much to do with his character.

Vince McMahon - How could we forget Vince McMahon. His feuds with Austin were classic. Austin, although was an amazing talent by himself, really became a star because of the amount of heat McMahon received. Plus remember all that crap he use to do to Linda.

Kurt Angle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2sZIvrb0Y Seriously I think this clip says it all.

Those were some of my favorites. What also makes a great heel is when I think back on some of these guys. I have a little smile on my face thinking about how much I hated them. Good Stuff

as you may or may not see in my sig, I love heels!!! I think that their characters are always at their best, but to answer your question (wich I was thinking to make the same thread...) I have a top 3 all time heels, 1 present heel and 1 future heel:

Future Heel: CM PUNK, the straight edge messiah wow!!! I mean people actually hate someone who doesn't consume drugs?! lol, that heat he gets, the way he is with the mic is priceless. that guy want's to be hated!!!and that is just the way I want it...

Present Heel: the best at what he does, Chris Jericho trying to rip HBK's eye was simply sadistic, plus the "I'm an honest man" added, it made me say this guy is a total asshole and he like's it that way. even from the way he look's/stare's at people with that one sided smile makes him so hateful!!!! he is a dick, he is cocky, hypocrite and the best at what he does!

Top 3:

Randy Orton, the Viper

I mean he is an extremely great heel but when he kicked Cena's father, VKM skull's, DDT'ed Steph and kissed her....OMFG! my girlfriend couldn't understand how the fuck I was always cheering for him.lol

Triple H, the cerebral assasin

from 1999 'til 2005 (I was young and dind't like very much heels) I FREAKIN HATED THE GUY!!! the betray to Orton ,to HBK, to Flair, to DX destroying Nash'es knee, Goldberg's career and ending Foley's amongst other things made me hate him but at the same time respect him. THE KING OF KINGS.

Ric Flair, the dirtiest player in the game: OBVIOUSLY!!!! I mean he invented almost every single way to cheat to be a coward and being WHC!!WOOOOO 'nuff said!

The Best Heel of all time...? Well that's a tough one. Ric Flair is of course the best at getting heat with his underhanded, all be it outdated, tactics and promos, but if you look at today's guys it would be either Edge or Jericho. I mean face it they both can talk smack like no one else and have a good enough established ego. Then again Vince McMahon had made a living by being the most loved yet hated man in pro wrestling. Some honorable mentions would be Styles, Punk, Nash, Hall, Hogan, Miz, all members of Legacy. One that aint is Swagger I life when he talks not to mention he gets cut off by commercials because of his rants.

i have been watching wrestling all my life.i have seen some great heels.my all time favorite is the 4 horseman.they made heels cool.when iwas young it was ole and gene anderson.ole got 18 stitches from a old lady in greenville at a house show so he deserves a mention.they have some good heels now randy orton was classic with triple h and family.cm punk is trying hard and might be on to something.

Anyone other than Vince McMahon is wrong. McMahon has the abilty to draw heat better than anyone in the history of the WWE. The only time he ever gets a face reaction is when he returns from time away, and even then all he has to do is spout off a couple lines and the entire arena will boo the living hell out of him. No one was more hated than Vince back in the Attitude era, no one. He is the ultimate bad guy if there ever was one. Look at it this way, he owns the company that everyone loves(everyone in the arena) and makes it run with a hands on feel and he can still get everyone to hate him. When he plays a heel just the sight of him or the sound of his music hitting makes the crowd yell, scream, and boo the hell out of him. Vince McMahon is the greatest heel of all time.

Ric Flair is by far the greatest heel of all time. Heck, he's known as the dirtiest player in the game. How can it get any better than that? He's made a career out of being a heel and no one was able to cut a promo better and put on a match to go along with that promo through holding the tights, quick rollups with using the ropes, grabbing his opponent by the crotch. No one's better. He's the dirtiest player in the game and no one's got him beat. And as you know, to be the man you gotta....woo!....beat the man.

I have to say vickie guererro. I mean really, that lady is not even a wrestler and can gain more heat than the entire TNA locker room combined. I don't know, maybe its her character or it's just one of those things when you're naturally hated and it puzzles me that she's a widow of a respected hall of famer and is boo'ed to no end

Mr. McMahon by a long shot. I agree with those who said it- say what you will about your Ric Flair or your Roddy Piper....but when did a heel have the power to fire your ass?

It's not even close. The Boss is the reason that most independent circuits went out of business back in the day. He wasn't in character then, but he sure as hell was feared. Fear is what make's McMahon the bigtime heel that he was. Fear and Control.

That, and he pretty much made every heel superstar in the WWF a heel if he so fit. Roddy Piper? Vince gave him the nod to do the deeds "The Rowdy One" did. Edge? Edge would be out on a job without WWE and chairman Vince McMahon. Mr. McMahon is the brain that every other promoter wishes they could be.

I've probably said it here before,
Greatest heel ever:

1990-91 Gulf War era Sgt. Slaughter!!!

The heat against him got so bad,credible threats were made against him and his family!
They had to hire round-the-clock guards!!

When it gets THAT BAD....that takes the top heel ever in my book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back