Who’s the worst wrestler of all time in your opinion?

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
Mine is great khali he literally had no moveset at all.

I mean as much as I don’t like John Cena and as much as I think he sucks and is awful, I can’t say Cena is the worst because at least Cena can move around in the ring and he may only have 5 moves but at least he has some moves unlike khali who literally had nothing.

Last edited:
Hmm...

As far as guys like Khali and Gonzalez go, I agree with Greg that they were more attractions than wrestlers. They were in there for their size, presence, and aura... end of.

As for my personal pick for "worst wrestler" of all time? I'm sure I can go through the annals of history and come up with a number of jobbers (particularly during the 80's) that served as nothing more than a warm body for the then-current "Superstar Du Jour" to beat up on. A fair number of these guys were low skilled, significantly overweight / out of shape, and weren't too many degrees above canvas fodder.

I understand though that that's not really what this thread is all about. Perhaps a more fitting title would be "Who's the worst well known wrestler of all time in your opinion."

I'm not sure if he's number 1 for me, but Larry Zbyszko immediately springs to mind as a guy who I have no clue as to how he got to where he was. Perhaps it's because I missed his heyday in the AWA, with my only real exposure to him being in WCW. Nonetheless, I always saw him as a mouthy but boring, competent but limited, hints of color but mostly vanilla competitor. Nothing about him ever screamed "main event" to me, let alone anything that would drive him into a top card program. Yet there he was, taking up TV time and wriggling his way into (at least) mid-card spots. His commentary was only slightly more entertaining than his in-ring presence.

Another competitor who I'd classify almost identically is Rugged Ronnie Garvin for similar reasons.

Mabel/Viscera/big daddy V, for me i considered him the worst wrestlers based on his push alone. In 1995, when WWE didn't have a tone of heel, he got push as a main event talent and became one of the worst king of the ring in history, then got push in a title program with diesel which gave us the worst summerslam main event in history and then got move with the undertaker, injured him in the process before getting release at the end of that feud.

Move on to the attitude era when he got rehired, the guy got put in a main event faction with the undertaker before just floundering around for the rest of his second run.

Then you have his ECW run, again being put in main event matches for no reason. The guy had the size but not the charisma to be considered a top heel in wwe.

Mine is great khali he literally had no moveset at all.

I mean as much as I don’t like John Cena and as much as I think he sucks and is awful, I can’t say Cena is the worst because at least Cena can move around in the ring and he may only have 5 moves but at least he has some moves unlike khali who literally had nothing.

For me it's Lacey Evans. This ****e sucks whole ass in the ring.

Duhhh, OTTO WANZ!

There are several factors to consider when determining who sucks the most fucks of any other wrestler in history, these factors are made worse if we fans have to endure promoters who attempt to endear the wrestler to us as the obvious opposite of what they actually are.

Horrible look? Check.

No cardiovascular capability whatsoever? Check.

No moves? Check.

Horrible promos? Check

Opponents look terrible against him for no fault of their own? Check.

Stupid gimmick (he rips up phone books)? Check.

Received a prominent world championship only for bribing the promoter? Check.

Ran his own territory (into the ground) by putting on shit matches that were only meant to make him look unbeatable? Check.

WHO IN THE FUCK ELSE TICKS ALL OF THOSE BOXES!? Go ahead, think really hard and TRY to name someone. I get that Khali comes close, but I give Otto the edge on the shit spectrum because he literally paid Verne Gagne $50,000 in 1982 to be allowed to defeat Nick Bockwinkel. Also; in the end Khali was putting people over by jobbing to them. Remember Big Daddy? He was a walking shit show, sure. But at least he put on great promos to offset his shit matches and shitty attitude, also he took a clean loss to Kendo Nagasaki in what was a very entertaining match.

Otto doesn't have shit, and his shitty career is even more shitty when you consider that he stopped wrestling without ever once attempting to "pass the torch" to anyone else. For his last reign as champion of his company, he vacated the belt. He didn't leave a lot of prestige there, because the company would fold in December of 1999 with Sniper from the Truth Commission as its last World Champion.

He was a big star in Europe, mainly for his tv show apperances where he'd *ugh* tear phone books in half.

Nobody else comes close to being the living epitome of what a horrible wrestler is.

i do love how people say khali and gonzalas as they couldnt move have no moves etc which i dont disagree with but erm how is that any different to andre if your gonna bash those that are clearly there for there look and not ability he has to be included just becuase his a 70's and 80's darling does not mean he wasnt anything more than the modal that these latter was designed from.

my worsrt of all time has to be beefcake you cant not tell me that guy would have ever had anything other than a jobber postion if he wasnt stroking hulks balls at all times

Chris Benoit. Sure Vince could have spun the murder suicide in to something less detrimental to the company in the 80's but that was no excuse for Benoit's behavior.

Being a terrible human being and being a terrible in ring performers are two separate things. If this question asked "Who is the worst person in the history of wrestling?" Then absolutely, you might be right on the money. However, the question was "Who is the worst WRESTLER of all-time?" Chris Benoit is easily in the top 5 best. The worst in my eyes is the same individiual that considers Melina vs. Alicia Fox a 'technical masterpiece', and didn't know how to properly pin an opponent and that's Cameron.

Being a terrible human being and being a terrible in ring performers are two separate things. If this question asked "Who is the worst person in the history of wrestling?" Then absolutely, you might be right on the money. However, the question was "Who is the worst WRESTLER of all-time?" Chris Benoit is easily in the top 5 best. The worst in my eyes is the same individiual that considers Melina vs. Alicia Fox a 'technical masterpiece', and didn't know how to properly pin an opponent and that's Cameron.

I will have to Google this after I post but I'm pretty sure wrestlers are people. They may even be human beings but that will take some extra research.

Mr Hughes would have to be up there with them, I remember watching a match between him and Kamala, should have seen the dropkick he tried and then a couple of bumps he took. I think he ended up as Y2J's bodyguard when he first debuted in WWE.

Khali. He was slow and had zero charisma on every level. More so he was dangerous in the ring and had a reputation for hurting people with his clumsy style. Gonzalez is close, but he didn’t last long.

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.

Awful gimmick, awful talker, awful matches, just nothing redeeming about his character work.

To be fair to him, I’ve not seen any of his work pre-WWE, but for his run for Vince and then move to WCW, he is my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back