Worst year for each big 4 PPV.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
survivor series. Ohh this a tough one 2009 was pretty bad with orton eventually burying Kingston later on even though Kingston’s team won, and typical same old shit with Cena retaining against 2 other members of the breakfast club and it just left you with that predicable feeling there’s no way In hell cenas losing this fucking match because Shawn doesn’t want to be champion he’s going to retire soon.. triple h isn’t winning it.. 5 words it’s the same old shit. this show kinda represents what the pg era is.

But survivor series 2006 was pretty bad as well because everything was awful. You had 2 members of the breakfast club basically bury rated rko and hunters entire team survived, funny how the philly Crowd was legit behind cm punk Idk why because back in 2006/2007/2008. Cm punk was one of the most boring and corny and generic babyfaces in wwe history. Thank god someone did the right thing and turned punk heel in 2009.

You had an awful awful match between Batista and king booker, as you would expect out of Batista the guy just wasn’t a good wrestler folks it’s the god honest truth maybe him and booker had so much heat backstage because booker didn’t want to work with this stiff boring bodybuilder. The company finally decided to give booker a push but of course it has to be a crappy cartoonish gimmick this Company just can’t help themselves making a black man look stupid.

You had a horrible match with Beniot and whoever else I don’t fucking care.. quite frankly I don’t like watching anything with Beniot anymore who would? The guy is a murderer moving on!!

You had the typical Cena hero match which was awful... I mean Cena couldn’t even let lashley get the final pinfall it has to be typical Cena bullshit Cena gets all the glory his team wins blah blah blah!! I’m going to have so say 2006 was the worst survivor series of all time.. this show was a perfect example of where the company was heading the wwe in 2006 was the drizzleling shits everything about that year was boo boo you could clearly see where the product was heading.

Summerslam. I wanna say 2010 but I think 2007 was just on a whole other level as far as bad. I’ll say this suprisingly Cena and orton wasn’t bad but I still find ways to poke holes through it because the wwe has given us this match so many damn times.

Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania 9 easy.

Royal rumble? 2014 easy. Hey let’s push a guy that was never really great to begin with because he’s a big movie star he’s in guardians of the galaxy and that’s gonna get more eyes on the product.. oops how’d that work out? (Vince’s voice) Yeahhhh I love me a breakfast club main event dammit Cena and orton yeahhhh baby.

Last edited:
I stopped watching regularly around 2002 so ill rate them between 85-02.

Royal Rumble. Most difficult one to pick. Ill go with 1989 even though it wasn't a bad ppv. The 90s rumbles were all awesome.

Wrestlemania. 2000. Not one singles match. They were missing Austin and Taker. The main event should have been H/Rock with no McMahons. All I can really remember enjoying was the tag title match and the ic/euro triple threat.

Summerslam. 1999. I enjoyed the main event. Rock/Billy was a huge let down. I think they were capable of a much better show at this time.

Survivor Series. 2000. I didn't enjoy much from this one. I don't remember it being horrible, just not as memorable as previous survivor series.

Ill throw in KOTR. 1995 was one of the worst ppv's the WWF put on.

Royal rumble: 1995. Pretty much a throaway show, the undercard matches were horrible especially the wwe title match between diesel and bret hart which was a clusterfuck. The roster was so horrible in 95 that they didn't have enough wrestlers to do a 30 man rumble and had to get some outside guys to fill in plus the whole 45 second interval between entrant made it the worst rumble.

Wrestlemania: it's hard for me because i have 3 that stood out. It's between 27, 2000 and 8. All three have one match that stand out but the main event sucked. I take mania 8 out because of the bret and piper and flair and savage match. I'm taking 27 out mostly because of the taker/hhh match so my worst mania would be wrestlemania 2000. Outside of the ladder match, nothing was memorable on that show. The matches were crap, the main event was really badly booked and we had a overexposure of the dx band made the event unbearable.

Summerslam: 93. Again what a miss opportunity to not pull the trigger on a luger win. Nothing against the event itself but again look at the card, HBK vs mr perfect was a weak match with the wrong finish, you had 123 kid vs irs which was pretty much a jobber match. Yeah the bret vs doink/lawler was great but outside of that nothing else stood out really and like i mention before luger vs yokozuna wasn't well booked and kill the show and finally lets not forget undertaker vs giant Gonzalez was on that card as well.

Survivor series: there too many bad one, but again i will go old school for my pick and go with the 1992 survivor series. This was the first time they tried to change the format of the event and the card suffered. Again you look at the card, nailz vs bossman in a nightstick on a pole match. Taker vs kamala in a coffin match, a tag team survivor series match with different rules. A semi main that had to be change last minute because warrior got release 5 days prior to the show which made the match lackluster as savage and perfect didn't have the chemistry that savage and warrior had. The whole show was a complete disaster and still remain one of the worst. The only on that could rival this as the worst 2015 with the whole title tournament only to screw reigns from the title and the 1998 one with trying to recreate the montreal screwjob from the year prior.

Yep... for me it's a toss-up between 9 and 2000 for worst WrestleMania. I remember 9 as an all around bad show, and I still shudder when I think of the main event promotion for 2000 being "a McMahon in every corner."

Royal Rumble and SummerSlam I don't have any really bad memories of.

Survivor Series 90 was probably the biggest let down with the whole Giant Egg / Gooker fiasco. Don't get me wrong, I think Vince promoted the whole thing brilliantly... perhaps a bit too brilliantly as the pay off never could've matched the hype. When it turned out to be Hector Guerrero in a giant turkey suit, dancing around with Mean Gene for what seemed like an eternity to a chorus of boos from the audience, the whole thing was DOA. God bless Roddy Piper for trying oh-so-hard to save it though.

For WrestleMania, there's several that come to mind immediately - 2, 4, 9, 13, 15, 16, 23, 25, 27, and 32 were all god-awful. I'd say 9 was the absolute worst, but I'm going to talk about one that I watched live, since that resonated more with me, and that was WrestleMania 27. This was just a horrendous show, with the only bright spots being Triple H vs. The Undertaker (by FAR the best of their WrestleMania trilogy) and Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio. It was not only just a giant commercial for next year's WrestleMania, but also the only Mania in history with ZERO title changes, which really cheapened the show.

For the Royal Rumble, I'd say 1995. Shawn Michaels winning from the #1 spot essentially meant nothing, because they shortened the time between entrants and it made the match feel so rushed. Michaels wrestled less than 40 minutes to win it, from the first entry. A close second is Royal Rumble 2011, with it's 40-Man Rumble full of jobbers and nobodies, that Rumble was painful to sit through.

SummerSlam in my opinion has been the most consistent of the Big Four events, while not having as many amazing events as WrestleMania, it also has far less terrible ones. I'm going to go with SummerSlam 2006. Despite an incredible Boston crowd fighting to make it seem otherwise, this show was just so goddamn BORING. Other than Hogan vs. Orton, nothing on this show could really get anyone invested in it, the matches were dull, no title changes, and it just felt like a house show.

Survivor Series is the easiest to pick. Survivor Series 2018, without a shadow of a doubt, was one of the worst Pay-Per-View events in WWE history and the worst Big Four show ever by miles. The complete and total burial of the SmackDown roster and every person on it so that Vince could stroke his RAW hard-on made the show both unrealistic and unenjoyable. It also featured possibly the worst Survivor Series match of all time in the men's RAW vs. SmackDown match. Two great matches in the later portion of the show couldn't save it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back