People overrate 2006 too much.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
I always see people claim that 2006 was a great year for the wwe well I’m here to prove you wrong. Oh yeah and this is going to be long like most of my other rants so read if you dare,

Now the year started off with Cena being champion and this is back when everybody pretty much hated Cena don’t believe me? Maybe you weren’t around in 2006 but the iwc was absolutely shitting all over this guy he earned more fan support as the year went on but during this time in January there was alot of heat for Cena. He wasn’t a believeable champion, his promos were stale, he sucked in the ring, just like he does now but back then he was way worse. Many people including myself felt like angle should have been champion or at least he should have never been taken off of raw. So you could imagine my reaction when angle was the first one eliminated in the elimination chamber I reacted the same way Bruce Willis reacted about the gold watch in pulp fiction. The problem was you had other guys like hbk, and angle, much better workers yet the company was insulting your intelligence by forcing you to buy Cena as the man.

eventually the night was saved when Edge cashed in money in the bank but in my opinion they took it away from edge too soon they had Cena win it right back just a few short weeks later.

Then in the summertime you just had alot of terrible things happen. The failure of ecw of course. Basically Vince just wanted a third brand. He made big show a filler champion until he got lashley ready to win it... basically by making lashley the champion vince felt it would give him more credibility as they already had plans for trump and that big buyrate at wrestlemania 23. So it was all just to push lashley. I mean this ecw expierment was so bad that big show actually quit the company, I still believe to this day that’s why big show quit for a full year after that December to dismember ppv.

The spirit squad, the boogeyman, just terrible gimmicks left and right. The return of dx was just childish and the feud with the McMahon’s wasn’t believeable because everyone knew in real life vince has a heart on for hunter and Shawn.

The booker t push was awful I thought, booker t finally becomes a champion yet it had to be this dumb king booker gimmick of course I mean he’s black the wwe couldn’t help themselves making a black man look like a complete idiot and a fool. then booker and Batista proceed to have dreadful feud where they had zero chemistry.

You know and even before that you had rey as champion on Smackdown Really rey? I’m sorry but it wasn’t believeable to me when you had a guy like Kurt angle on the roster. Rey’s push was dreadful he was always the underdog and getting squashed.

I mean there’s just so many more bad things about this year.. I can go on and on. Even rvd said he was counting down the days until his contract expired that’s how bad it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back